Best 4k Router – The best routers on the market today offer all sorts of new features, such as a “mesh network” that blankets your entire living space with a high-speed, uninterrupted internet connection, in some cases up to 5,000 feet!
They also offer built-in anti-virus protection, the fastest processors available, and the ability to prioritize data flow depending on how many devices you have connected and in what capacity. And that’s just the tip of the antenna! Read on to find the right router for your 4K streaming experience at the right price point.
Pros & Cons
- Minimize ping and maximize performance with four 1 Gigabit Ethernet ports for lag free, wired connectivity and 1.7 GHz dual core processor network efficiency
- Amp up your Wi-Fi with AC2600 dual band router that delivers blazing fast speeds up to 2.6 Gbps
- Put your gaming traffic in a designated express lane with advanced quality of service, bypassing network congestion and reducing lag spikes, jumps and jitters
- Make every millisecond count by using Geo filtering to connect to the closest servers and players so you can respond and dominate
- Monitor your network and game ping in real time so you can see who’s hogging the bandwidth by device and application
- Protect your network identity by connecting to a secure gaming VPN server
- Optimized to give you the lowest ping possible on Fortnite, Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, Overwatch, PubG, CS:GO, and more
While you might be thinking the Netgear Nighthawk Pro is just for gaming, think again. It has the fasting processor available (1.7GHz Quad Core Processor) in a home router, vastly improving your 4K streaming experience. The Plex Media Server ensures that you’ll be able to successfully integrate all of your home media devices.
The Netgear Nighthawk Pro is available in two versions, the XR500 and the XR700, both built for gaming, but also capable of allowing you to watch multiple 4K content broadcasts simultaneously. The dual-band router enables you to have blazing speeds, and no network congestion or lag spikes.
Pros & Cons
- JD Power Award- Highest in customer satisfaction for wireless routers 2017 and 2019
- Wi-Fi Router Made for Gamers: Leading edge 1.8 GHz 64 bit Quad-core CPU and 1G RAM accelerates loading
- 8 Gigabit LAN ports and 1 Gigabit WAN port, with Link Aggregation, you can team two ports to double connection speed
- AC5400 Tri-band Wi-Fi over one 2.4 GHz (1000Mbps) and two 5 GHz bands (2167Mbps), dedicate one band to gaming traffic.
- MU-MIMO and AirTime Fairness maximize total throughput and response rates.
- Range boost strengthens reception and Beamforming sends targeted Wi-Fi to keep devices connected at farther distances than other wireless internet routers
- Advanced security: Protect your network and connected devices with a free lifetime subscription to TP-Link HomeCare featuring next-level antivirus, robust parental controls, and QoS.
- Dynamic optimization prioritizes traffic to eradicate latency
Though it’s quad-core processor and 1.6 GHz processor allow the TP-Link Archer C5400X to accelerate loading and lag time, they also allow for another key feature; easily identifying demanding data requests and putting them at the front of the line. With its optimization engine, it will identify unnecessary traffic to get rid of latency and ensure top-notch streaming of all your favorite 4K films.
While it’s great for having the tactical advantage during your intense gaming sessions, it’s optimal for watching your 4K movies, making your experience cinematic in picture quality with unmatched clarity. If you’re streaming on your tablet, the RangeBoost strengthens your reception and sends targeted signals to keep your devices connected. It also works with Alexa!
Pros & Cons
- Dual band router upgrades to 1200 Mbps high speed internet (300mbps for 2.4GHz ; 900Mbps for 5GHz), reducing buffering and ideal for 4K stream
- Gigabit Router with 4 Gigabit LAN ports, ideal for any internet plan and allow you to directly connect your wired devices
- MU-MIMO technology (5GHz band) allows high speeds for multiple devices simultaneously
- AP mode, can be switched to access point mode to share your internet wirelessly
- Supports guest WiFi and parental control, an ideal wireless router for home
- TP-Link tether app - easily set up and manage your home network at home or remotely
- Connectivity Technology: Ethernet
The TP-Link AC1750 is widely regarded as the best router for 4K streaming as it delivers 3x faster speed than other models. Thanks to dual-band Wi-Fi support, this model ensures a stable connection for multiple devices at the same time.
Besides, the router uses the robust WPA/WPA2 wireless encryption for secure Internet surfing. It also offers parental control and guest access options. Moreover, you can use a user-friendly Tether app for a trouble-free installation. This application is also great for configuring your Wi-Fi at home or through the cloud.
Pros & Cons
- Provides up to 2,000 square feet of Wi-Fi coverage for 20plus wireless devices
- Works with existing modem, simple setup through Linksys App. A mobile device with Android 4.4 or iOS 9 and higher, Bluetooth preferred
- Enjoy 4K HD streaming, gaming and more in high quality without buffering
- Tri band router delivers the fastest combined Wi-Fi speeds to all your devices
- Tri band Wi-Fi speeds up to 2.2 Gbps (5 GHz / 400 Mbps) plus (5 GHz / 867 Mbps) plus (2.4 GHz / 867 Mbps)
- Designed for seamless integration with Velop Mesh Wi-Fi system for extended coverage
- When used with mesh Wi-Fi system, router serves as master node
- Amazon exclusive extended 18 month warranty
The Linksys Mesh AC2200 is a tri-band router that delivers great performance. This model is a perfect choice for all your entertainment needs, including streaming and gaming. The router ensures a stable and great Internet connection in every part of your home.
That is why many users consider the Linksys Mesh AC2200 to be the greatest router for 4K streaming and gaming, as well as for video calls. This model can also serve as a traditional Wi-Fi router, delivering high speeds and a reliable connection.
Pros & Cons
- Tri band (Dual 5 GHz, single 2; 4 GHz) with the latest 802; 11AC 4x4 technology for maximum throughput (5334 Mbps) and coverage (up to 5, 000 square feet )
- Mu memo technology enables multiple compatible clients to connect at each client’s respective maximum speed; Supports every operating System, including Windows, Mac OS and Linux
- Built in ACCESS to Waist gamers private network (GPN) of route optimized servers ensures low, stable ping times for gaming; Printer Server ; Multifunctional printer support (Windows only)
- A protection powered by Trend Micro provides multi stage protection from vulnerability detection to protecting sensitive data
- ASUS Smart Connect delivers consistent bandwidth by dynamically switching devices between 2; 4 and 5 GHz bands based on speed, load and signal strength ; NOTE : Refer the user manual ; WAN Connection Type: Internet connection type : Automatic IP, Static IP, Pepo(MPPE supported), PPTP, L2TP.DC Output : 19 Volt with max; 3.42 A current
The ASUS gaming router utilizes unique AiMesh technology that can be used with different ASUS router models. There is no need to throw away old devices. To expand the coverage area or the functionality of the AiMesh system, simply add a new ASUS router from the list of compatible models to it.
Another noticeable advantage of this router is a 1.8GHz 64bit quad-core CPU that is powerful enough for handling heavy tasks. Besides, it has the unique VPN Fusion feature allowing you to maintain a secure connection.
6.Zyxel Multy X Tri-Band
Pros & Cons
With its capacity to expand a Wi-Fi mesh system up to 5,000 square feet, the Zyxel Multy X kit is ideal for large houses that want the ability to stream 4K content in a corner. It will let you watch your 4K films and television in one room and then pick up where you left off in another without dropping the signal. You’ll never have to pause your favorite programming again!
Its unique Tri-Band technology not only give you fully comprehensive Wi-Fi coverage at full strength with no latency, it allows you to connect as many devices as you want without limit. With its no-hassle installation and guidance on the Multy app and guest network, you can create a separate Wi-Fi network purely for guests and visitors.
7.NETGEAR WiFi Router (R6120)
Pros & Cons
- Maximum Range : 1200 Sq Ft
- FAST WiFi PERFORMANCE: Get up to 1200 sq ft wireless coverage with AC1200 speed (Dual band up to 300 + 900 Mbps).
- RECOMMENDED FOR UP TO 20 DEVICES: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices.
- WIRED ETHERNET PORTS: Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other nearby wired devices with 4 x 10/100 Fast Ethernet ports.
- USB CONNECTIONS: Share a storage drive or printer with any network connected device using the 1 x 2.0 USB port.
- SAFE & SECURE: Supports WPA2 wireless security protocols. Includes Guest WiFi access, DoS, Firewall, VPN, and more.
Get all the high-speed, connection stability, and device support of the best routers in one conveniently priced package with the Netgear R6120. With its 1,2000 megabit-per-second maximum, it provides the best way to stream your favorite HD movies without costing a fortune. It even has a USB port so that you can get wireless storage whenever you need it.
Like its more robust big brother, the Nightgear Nighthawk Pro, it also utilizes the Nighthawk App for easy setup, installation, and network management. Pause and resume your internet from any of your many mobile devices, and utilize the five fast ethernet ports for a range of connectivity so you won’t be interrupted.
Best 4k Router – Ever get all settled in to watch your favorite movie or tv show, ready to take in the stunning 4K experience, when there’s some sort of interference or lag from a faulty connection, too many devices, or a security vulnerability associated with your router?
Never let anything get in the way of your streaming sessions again by finding a top-rated router that fits your budget.