Best 5g Router – We use routers almost every day but after some time realize that it is not performing well when multiple devices are connected. Generally, routers are auto-configured to default settings by the manufacturer for optimal performance. However, the default setting can become a bottleneck for varied levels of users. We can customize the router to whole another level and make it perform better with personalized settings.
If you are not getting the expected performance from your router, then it may be time to change the channel frequency. Which leads to the main question, which is the best 5GHz channel? Well, the answer is not that straightforward and we have to take many things into consideration before coming to a conclusion. In this article, we will dive deep into radio frequency, channel selection and a lot more.
Pros & Cons
- OneMesh Compatible Router- Form a seamless WiFi when work with TP-Link OneMesh WiFi Extenders
- Router for wireless internet, works with Alexa, compatible with all Wi-Fi devices, 802.11ac and older
- Dual band router upgrades to 1750 Mbps high speed internet(450mbps for 2.4GHz, 1300Mbps for 5GHz), reducing buffering and ideal for 4K streaming
- Gigabit Router with 4 Gigabit LAN ports, fast access to multiple connected wired devices, Ideal as a gaming router
- Integrated USB port acts as a media Server, easily share your USB drive content
- TP-Link tether app easily set up and remotely manage your home network
- Works with all internet service providers, such as AT&T, Verizon, Xfinity, Spectrum, RCN, Cox, CenturyLink, Frontier, etc.( a modem is required for most internet service providers)
TP-Link’s Smart WiFi router is a dual band router that provides up to 1750 Mbps of WiFi speed. In addition to its 5GHz band, the router also features a 2.4 GHz router. The 2.4 GHz band provides you with faster processing speed at longer distances than the 5 GHz band is able to accommodate. This router’s super-fast processing speed allows you to game online, download files, share media, and stream movies in HD with minimal buffering through your wireless connection.
With six antennas—three external and three internal—this Smart WiFi router reliably provides a powerful WiFi signal that reaches across your home. If you want a more powerful signal in a certain room, you can easily reposition the router’s external antennas to point them toward this room to get a stronger signal there.
Pros & Cons
- Dual band with the latest 802; 11 AC 3x3 technology for combined speeds of up to 1900 Mbps
- 1 GigaHertz dual core CPU enables smart multitasking by dedicating separate lanes for Wi Fi and USB data; Network standard: IEEE 802; 11a, IEEE 802; 11B, IEEE 802; 11G, IEEE 802; 11N, IEEE 802; 11AC, IPv4, IPv6. Memory: 128 MB Flash; 256 MB RAM
- Effortless router setup with the ASUSWRT web based interface; Dual band connectivity for compatibility and performance
- Monitor and manage your network with ease from your mobile device using the intuitive ASUS router app
- A protection powered by Trend Micro provides multi stage protection from vulnerability detection to protecting sensitive data; Please refer the installation manual and the user manual before use which is highly essential; Dc output: 19 Volt with maximum 1; 75 a current; Guest network: 2; 4 GigaHertz x 3, 5 GigaHertz x 3
This wireless router from ASUS is dual-band with both a 5GHz band and a 2.4 GHz band. It is powered by a 1GHz dual-core internal processor. This processor minimizes interference between multiple devices connected to the same home network to allow you to stream video and game online without interruption. Its super-fast processor and dual bands that provide an impressive WiFi speed of up to 1900 Mbps combined make this router one of the fastest WiFi routers in the world.
ASUS’s wireless router offers strong, stable, reliable coverage anywhere in your house. It also features AiRadar technology that uses beamforming technology to fine-tune your wireless connectivity and amplify the signal the router provides. This technology provides you with extended connectivity coverage throughout your house. It also ensures a faster data speed and increased signal stability.
3.Linksys Max-Stream AC4000
Pros & Cons
- Maximum Range : 3500 Sq Ft
- Intelligent Tri Band router with Net Gen. 1.8GHz Quad Core CPU and 3 offload processors to release your WiFi performance and provide 3 Ultra high speed WiFi bands up to 4 Gbps
- Next Gen AC Wi Fi + MU MIMO + Airtime fairness improves network efficiency and provides ultra fast Wi Fi speeds to all your home and home office devices at the same time, same speed. Smart Connect intelligently selects the best radio band for your wireless device
- Advanced Beamforming with 9 high power amplifiers extend and maximize performance and coverage for both 2.4GHz & 5GHz. Minimum System Requirements:Latest versions of Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari (for Mac and iPad), Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer version 8 and newer
- 6 active high gain antennas expand WiFi range throughout a large size home; 5 Gigabit Ethernet ports for wired speeds 10x faster than standard Ethernet for printers, game consoles and Smart TVs
- Auto firmware updates always keep your router updated with latest features and security measures
- Works with Amazon Alexa
The Max-Stream router from Linksys is tri-band and includes a 2.4 GHz band along with two independent 5 GHz bands. These three bands combined deliver up to 2.2 Gpbs WiFi speed. The router determines which radio band delivers the strongest, most stable signal depending on the device you’re using and what part of the house you’re in.
This router is ideal for households that use WiFi heavily and connect many mobile devices to their home network. Its ultra-high speed processing accommodates HD media streaming, lag-free online gaming, and other high-bandwidth activities. It also automatically corrects to distribute equal amounts of WiFi to each individual connected device when multiple devices are connected to your home network. Plus, it features MIMO technology that allows multiple members of your household to connect and actively use their mobile devices at the same time without experiencing signal interference, decreased processing speeds, or a weaker signal.
Pros & Cons
- Fast wifi performance: Get up to 1800 square feet wireless coverage with AC1900 speed (Dual band up to 600 + 1300 Mbps)
- Recommended for up to 30 devices: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices
- 4 x 1 gigabit Ethernet ports ; 1 x 3.0 and 1 x 2.0 USB ports
- NETGEAR Armor protects your family's WiFi with an automatic shield of security across all your connected devices with a 30-day free trial
- NETGEAR Smart Parental Controls promotes healthy Internet habits, fosters responsibility and builds trust with your kids (30-day free trial included)
- Loaded with advanced technology: Designed with a 1GHz dual core processor, 3 amplified antennas, Beamforming+, Dynamic QoS, Smart Connect, Amazon Alexa Voice Controls, and more
This Nighthawk router from Netgear features a 16Hz dual core processor that processes data at super-fast speeds. It offers up to 1900 Mpbz WiFi speed and provides reliable, high-speed Internet. Equipped with Beamforming technology, this router guarantees ultimate range that provides stable coverage to every room in your house. Its high-speed processing and expansive coverage allows you to stream HD media without buffering and game online without lags.
It even includes a built-in iTunes server that makes streaming music, movies, and other media even easier and faster.
5.NETGEAR Nighthawk R7350 AC2400
Pros & Cons
- Key Features Extreme WiFi speed for gaming—Up to 2400Mbps MU-MIMO—Simultaneous streaming of data for multiple devices Advanced QoS for lag-free gaming & uninterrupted video streaming Extreme range with high-power amplifiers & external antennas for best connectivity Beamforming+ for improved WiFi range & performance across both 2.4 and 5GHz devices Powerful processor—Dual-core processor ensures smooth 4K UHD streaming & gaming
- 4 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports—Connect more wired devices for faster file transfer and uninterrupted connections Nighthawk App—Easily set up your router and get more out of your WiFi. Includes access from anywhere to manage your network away from home USB 3.0 for up to 10 times faster access to your stored media than USB 2.0 Free backup software for Windows based computers to automatically safeguard your files Airtime Fairness prevents network lag when slower devices connect
- Technical Specifications R7350 (600Mbps 2.4GHz + 1733Mbps 5GHz) Simultaneous dual band WiFi --Tx/Rx 3x3 (2.4GHz) + 4x4 (5GHz) Implicit & explicit Beamforming Powerful dual-core processor Memory: 128MB flash and 256MB RAM Downstream & Upstream QoS automatically recognize & prioritize applications ReadySHARE USB Access—Share & access your USB hard drive IPv6 Support (Internet Protocol Version 6) On/off LED lights option
- Standards One (1) USB 3.0 port IEEE 802.11 b/g/n 2.4GHz + 256-QAM support IEEE 802.11 a/n/ac 5GHz Five (5) 10/100/1000Mbps—(1 WAN & 4 LAN) Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Package Contents Nighthawk R7350 Smart WiFi Router (R7350) Three (3) detachable antennas Ethernet cable Quick start guide Power adapter
Netgear’s Nighthawk smart router is built with an 1.7 GHz dual core processor and provides 1733 Mbps WiFi speed. Its four-stream WiFi architecture guarantees super-fast, smooth 4K video streaming and online gaming with minimal buffering and lag. Its 160MHz radio doubles the bandwidth for your mobile devices to ensure faster processing and a stronger signal.
This NetGear router pairs with a special app called Nighthawk. The Nighthawk app allows you to effortlessly set up your router, pause and resume Internet access throughout your house, and run speed tests to monitor your wireless connectivity. You can do all of this monitoring and management easily and wirelessly through the app using your smartphone or other mobile device.
Pros & Cons
- Next-Gen WiFi Standard – Wi-Fi 6E tri-band mesh WiFi system boosts speeds up to 6600 Mbps, with coverage up to 5500 square feet
- Ultra-Stable Connection – New 6 GHz band ensures stable backhaul connection between nodes as no legacy device interference
- Maximum Capacity – New 6 GHz frequency band with wider channels and higher capacity delivers higher performance, lower latency, and less interference.
- More Privacy, Anywhere – Instant Guard gives you one-click secure internet access via ZenWiFi ET8 from anywhere in the world
- Commercial-Grade Network Security – Lifetime free ASUS AiProtection Pro, powered by Trend Micro, with WPA3 and advanced Parental Controls to protect your home.
Fast speeds throughout your entire home. Particularly strong performance at range. Simple setup. A steady, reliable mesh that automatically steers you from band to band and routes your connection without dropping it.
A tri-band design featuring a dedicated backhaul for transmissions between the router and the satellites. A future-proofed, multigig WAN port. Full support for Wi-Fi 6, the newest, fastest version of Wi-Fi.
Pros & Cons
- Supports a rapid download speed up to 150 Mbps 4G LTE and 43.2 Mbps 3G download. So enjoy your incredibly fast Internet experience!
- LTE Bands: 2/4/5/7/28/66 (700/850/AWS(1700/2100)/1900/2600 MHz)
- WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n. Up to 32 different WiFi devices (laptops, iPhone, smartphone, iPad, tablet, gaming consoles and many more).
- Unlocked/OEM/Original item from Huawei - without Carrier Logo!
- Sim Card & Internet Service Required, NOT INCLUDED (Mini-SIM)
Supports a rapid download speed up to 150 Mbps 4G LTE and 43.2 Mbps 3G download. So enjoy your incredibly fast Internet experience! LTE Bands: 2/4/5/7/28/66 (700/850/AWS(1700/2100)/1900/2600 MHz)
WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n. Up to 32 different WiFi devices (laptops, iPhone, smartphone, iPad, tablet, gaming consoles and many more). Unlocked/OEM/Original item from Huawei – without Carrier Logo! Sim Card and Internet Service Required, NOT INCLUDED (Mini-SIM)
Best 5g Router – Before proceeding with the best channel for 5GHz, understand the concept of routers first. Routers are basically network device that transmits data through radio waves. A radio wave is transmitted in all directions and the devices connected to it receive data. This is how a router works in simple terms.
Now the concept of bands and channels comes into play. There are two common frequencies used in routers: 2.4GHz and 5GHz. Both of these frequencies have their pros and cons, but to put it plainly 2.4GHz has a wider range but lower bandwidth. And, 5GHz has a shorter range but higher bandwidth which means great performance.