Best Adsl Router – And yet, like your electricity or gas supply, a router delivers an essential service to your home: the internet connection that’s required by so many devices.
If your Wi-Fi is slow or even non-existent in certain parts of your home, you’ll be thinking about replacing your router with a better one. And it’s not a bad plan: the routers supplied by your ISP aren’t the best and the latest models can provide a faster, strong Wi-Fi signal around your home.
ROUND UPback to menu ↑
- Powered by intelligent mesh technology
- Coverage up to 1500 square feet and supports 20plus devices
It may not be the cheapest Wi-Fi 6 router, but there’s a lot to like about the MR7350. Ok, so it’s not a looker, but routers tend to be placed out of sight or – at the very least – not placed prominently on show in the living room.
As well as great Wi-Fi 6 performance, like other modern routers, the Linksys has an app which makes it easy to set up and manage. Even the interface you see in a web browser is decent, but the app is handy for some settings, such as prioritising up to three devices on your network to get the best connection speeds.back to menu ↑
2.HUAWEI WiFi 6
- Usher in the Era of Wi-Fi 6:HUAWEI AX3 Dual-core Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) is the new standard that is gradually coming into smart devices in recent years. Wi-Fi 6 has made several improvements over Wi-Fi 5 to cope with the increasing demand for faster and more efficient Wi-Fi.
- Speed Up HUAWEI AX3 Dual-core Wi-Fi 6-Enabled Phones with HUAWEI Wi-Fi 6 Plus: AX3 and Wi-Fi 6-enabled HUAWEI phones are the perfect pair because both are equipped with HUAWEI's self-developed Wi-Fi chipset, which support 160 MHz frequency bandwidth. This lays the foundation for Chipset Synergy, bringing out optimal speed and efficiency.
You probably know the Honor name from all the smartphones and wearables the company makes. It also makes affordable networking gear and, as you can see, it’s not just a clone of all the others. The white design sets it apart and makes it more living-room friendly, despite those protruding antennae.
When we first heard about the Router 3, we couldn’t quite believe the price. But it’s not too good to be true: you really can get a decent Wi-Fi 6 router for this little money.back to menu ↑
3.Google Wifi – AC1200
- Google Wifi is a scalable flexible mesh Wifi system that blankets your home in reliable coverage and keeps buffering at bay; 1 Google Wifi point replaces your router and additional points expand your network to keep the connection fast in every room
- Google Wifi gives you whole home coverage; 1 Pack covers up to 1500 square feet and 3 Pack covers up to 4500 square feet; points work together to create a mesh network for more coverage
So there are compromises: there are only three Gigabit LAN ports once you’ve used the fourth to connect up your existing modem or cable router, and there’s no USB port for adding a hard drive, or powering smart home hubs.
Not so much a compromise (since more expensive routers also have this issue) but do note that there’s no built-in modem, so you’ll need to keep your current router, and just turn off its Wi-Fi and (ideally) put it in bridge mode, but the Router 3 can also be set to bridge mode and effectively be used as a Wi-Fi 6 access point.back to menu ↑
4.TP-Link WiFi 6 AX3000
- JD Power Award- Highest in customer satisfaction for wireless routers 2017 and 2019
- Wi-Fi 6 Router: Wi-Fi 6 (802. 11ax) technology achieves up to 3x faster speeds, 4x capacity and 75% lower latency compared to the previous generation of Wi-Fi 5 while the power of Intel's dual-core CPU ensures your experience is smooth and Buffer-Free
TP-Link is well known for making great-value networking kit and the Archer AX50 is no exception. It isn’t as cheap as some routers here, but it makes up for this with lots of features.
One is the built-in TrendMicro antivirus software and another is the decent parental controls, though neither are good enough to completely replace dedicated apps.back to menu ↑
- Stream in 4K on multiple devices and get lightning-quick connections by upgrading to Tenda's enhanced 1200 Mbps high speed Wi-fi technology (300mbps@2. 4GHz +867Mbps@5GHz)
- Link up to 30 wireless devices like the Google assistant, Alexa and various steaming devices, simultaneously, while maintaining optimum network conditions
If you’re after a Wi-Fi 5 router to replace your standard ISP offering, the Tenda AC10U is an inexpensive way to do so. It’s easy to set up and use and has a useful companion app for managing the router from your phone.
Don’t expect it to match expensive routers for performance, though. Speed is fine but not the best you can get.
Ultimately, if you can afford to spend more you can get better Wi-Fi speed and range from the Honor Router 3.back to menu ↑
- Minimize ping and maximize performance with four 1 Gigabit Ethernet ports for lag free, wired connectivity and 1.7 GHz dual core processor network efficiency
- Amp up your Wi-Fi with AC2600 dual band router that delivers blazing fast speeds up to 2.6 Gbps
As gaming routers go, this is a spectacular one. The DumaOS gives the XR500 the sort of operating system flexibility that you get from a Synology NAS. The operating system is focused on effective network management rather than providing network services, though.
We’d like it to be cheaper, but that is so true of many of the most desirable devices. If you can afford it, and need the features it offers, you won’t be disappointed.back to menu ↑
- Expands WiFi 6 coverage for all your security cameras, smart doorbells, laptops, mobile phones, tablets, game consoles, and more
- D-Link WiFi Mesh and Smart Connect keep your devices connected to the strongest signal as you move throughout your home
Like several others here, the DIR-X1650 is aimed at those who want to upgrade to Wi-Fi 6 but are on a strict budget.
It’s good to see D-Link hasn’t skimped on Ethernet ports – there are five in total, leaving four once you’ve hooked up your modem.
There’s no USB port, though, which means no connecting a spare USB hard drive.
The D-Link Wi-Fi app lets you manage the router from your phone, set Wi-Fi schedules and other features, but it’s much like its rivals: you can’t do everything and will need the web interface for more advanced settings.back to menu ↑
Best Adsl Router – However, you might not need to spend any money at all: we’ve written a guide on how to improve Wi-Fi in your home, which includes some great tips on getting better speed and coverage from your existing router. They may work for you, but if you’ve already done everything we suggest, an upgrade may well be the answer.
In fact, if you reason for reading this is because you need better Wi-Fi in just one room, you could be better off buying a set of powerline network adapters with built-in Wi-Fi.