Best all in One Cable Modem Wireless Router – A router/modem combo is a great way to reduce costs and clutter from cables and extra devices. Before buying a router/modem combo, make sure to take the following considerations into account.
If you are interested in some more specifics, then we have roundups for cable modems and routers that both go into a little more individual detail. (Of course, you could also choose to buy the two devices separate.)
1.NETGEAR Cable Modem
Pros & Cons
- COMPATIBLE WITH ALL MAJOR CABLE INTERNET PROVIDERS: Including certification by Xfinity by Comcast, COX, and Spectrum. NOT compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and any bundled voice service.
- SAVE MONTHLY RENTAL FEES: Model C6250 replaces your cable modem and WiFi router saving you up to 168 dollars/yr in equipment rental fees.
- SPEEDS BY CARRIER: Spectrum (up to 300Mbps), Xfinity (up to 200Mbps), Cox (up to 150Mbps).
- FAST WiFi PERFORMANCE: Get up to 1500 sq ft wireless coverage and 25 devices connected with AC1600 speed (up to 1600 Mbps).
- VERSATILE CONNECTIONS: 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports and 1 USB port give you fast wired connections to your computer, printer, game box, storage drive, and other devices.
- MODEM TECHNOLOGY: Engineered with 16x4 channel bonding and DOCSIS 3.0.
- SAFE & SECURE: Includes parental controls, and supports WEP and WPA/WPA2 wireless security protocols.
- The List of supported "Internet Service Providers" is available in the "Compatibility Guide" under "Product guides and documents" Section
Netgear is a popular brand with a lot of well-deserved recognition for their high-quality products. The C6250-1AZNAS is no exception, and boasts excellent performance along with great configurability.
This modem/router combo brings a respectable top speed of 680Mbps, which should leave plenty of room for most people to upgrade their internet in the future. With a 16×4 channel configuration, this modem/router can provide a decent amount of bandwidth for periods of heavy internet use.
Pros & Cons
- Integrated cable modem and WiFi 6 satellite system provides high-performance WiFi coverage for up to 5,000 sq. ft. and 40+ devices. Expand coverage by 2,500 sq. ft. with each optional Orbi Mesh WiFi 6 satellite (sold separately)
- DOCSIS 3.1 modem supports internet plans up to 4Gbps and is compatible with most cable service providers. Currently certified with Spectrum and Cox (up to 1Gbps), Xfinity (up to 800Mbps). Future speeds with these service providers are subject to change over time
- Fast AX4200 Gigabit speed with WiFi 6 technology for uninterrupted streaming, HD video gaming, and web conferencing Fast AX4200 Gigabit speed with WiFi 6 technology for uninterrupted streaming, HD video gaming, and web conferencing
- Save up to 168 dollars/yr in equipment rental fees
- Sets up in minutes with the Orbi App; easily manage WiFi settings, test internet speed, and monitor data usage
- NETGEAR Armor protects your family's WiFi with an automatic shield of security across all your connected devices with a 30-day free trial
- NETGEAR Smart Parental Controls promotes healthy Internet habits, fosters responsibility and builds trust with your kids (30-day free trial included)
- Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players and other nearby wired devices with 6 (4+2) Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports in the router and satellite
- Quad-Core 1.4GHz CPU, OFDMA, MU-MIMO, 1024-QAM, Smart Connect for one WiFi name and Beamforming technologies. Supports WPA2 wireless security protocols. Includes Guest WiFi access, DoS, Firewall, VPN and more
- Backed by a 1-year limited hardware warranty
The future is now, friends. The NETGEAR Orbi CBK752 supports unbelievably fast internet speeds with the latest DOCSIS and Wi-Fi technology.
You’ll even get a satellite extender included with this device, so your Wi-Fi coverage will reach 5,000 square feet—and you can add on more satellites if your home is bigger than that.
But with the high price tag, don’t go for this one unless you have gigabit internet or plan to have it soon. Most homes won’t need this sort of technological overkill. Still, if that’s your jam, you’re looking at your new best friend.
Pros & Cons
- Fast 24x8 DOCSIS 3.0 cable Modem Plus a built-in AC1900 Dual band (2.4GHz and 5GHz) Wi-Fi Gigabit Router with four Gigabit (GigE) Ethernet ports, power boost Wi-Fi amplifiers, firewall security, and more. The maximum modem speed is 1000 Mbps, supporting service speeds up to 650.
- Eliminate up to 156 dollars per year in cable Modem rental fees. (Savings are shown for Comcast Xfinity and vary by cable service provider.) certified by all leading cable service providers including Comcast Xfinity, Cox, Charter spectrum (no cable Modem is compatible with fiber optic, DSL, or satellite services, available from Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, Frontier, and others.)
- Built-in high-speed router with AC1900 wireless and Power boost - Provides internet access for Wi-Fi devices including smartphones, notebooks, tablets, and more. 4 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports provide wired connections to Windows and Mac computers and other Ethernet-capable devices. A Broadcom cable Modem Chipset provides security from denial of service attacks.
- Wireless power boost for better speed and range - Adds high-performance Wi-Fi power amplifiers to boost the wireless signals to the legal limit, giving a significant Boost in speed and range. In addition, anybeam Performing at both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies focuses the signal on wireless clients to further enhance performance and range
Contrary to the first router on this list, the MG7700 has a 24×8 channel bonding configuration, which will come in handy if multiple devices are accessing the net at once. This router can handle download speeds up to 1000 Mbps and upload speeds of up to 246 Mbps. While not absolutely top-tier, this should be plenty for most applications.
Another benefit of this router is the inclusion of dual-band Wi-Fi (2.4GHz and 5GHz), which gives you more control and flexibility when deciding between signal speed and range. In addition, this modem/router combo has four Gigabit Ethernet ports, which should be an ample amount, even for those who prefer wired connections.
Pros & Cons
- Coverage up to 1,800 sq. ft. for up to 30 devices with AC1900 speed (up to 1900Mbps)
- Replaces your cable modem and Wi-Fi router, saving you up to Dollar 168/year in equipment rental fees
- Speeds by carrier: Xfinity (up to 600Mbps), Cox (up to 500Mbps), Spectrum (up to 400Mbps)
- Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and more with 4 x 1G Ethernet ports
- Share a storage drive with any connected device using the 2.0 USB port
The next offering is again from Netgear, although this modem/router combo is faster than the last. Right out the gate, the Nighthawk C7000 brings speeds of up to 960 Mbps, which is much faster than the data plans most consumers get from their ISP’s. This overhead should leave plenty of room to upgrade speeds in the future.
As far as bandwidth goes, this router is not lacking either. With 24×8 channel bonding, this router should be able to handle heavy traffic from multiple devices and uploads will not be hindered either.
5.ARRIS SURFboard SBG7600AC2
Pros & Cons
- A Trusted Name in Home Connectivity: Get high speeds, better coverage, and a two-in-one product! With the ARRIS SURFboard SBG7600AC2 Wi-Fi Cable Modem, you will increase your network capability and get faster streaming and downloading throughout your home. From a trusted brand with over 260 million modems sold and growing.
- Save Money: Own your modem and save. Reduce your cable bill up to $168 dollars per year in cable modem rental fees (Savings vary by cable service provider). Certified for use with most U.S. cable internet service providers. For a complete list see additional details below.
- Modem Technology: DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem with AC2350 Wi-Fi Router that delivers high speed internet to your home devices.
- Simple and Secure Set-up: Just plug-in, download the SURFboard Central App, and follow the step-by-step intrstuctions to activate the modem, set-up and customize your Wi-Fi network, and add devices to your home network! Once setup is complete, the app provides real-time monitoring of the devices on your network, enhanced parental controls like setting time limits and pausing internet and much more.
- Compatibility: The SURFboard SBG7600AC2 is compatible with major U.S. cable internet providers including Cox, Spectrum, Xfinity and others. It's approved for cable internet speed plans up to 800 Mbps. Check your Internet Service Provider (ISP) website to confirm compatibility.
- What's in the Box: When you purchase you will get an ARRIS SURFboard SBG7600AC2 Cable Modem, Power Supply, Quick-Start guide, and 2-year warranty card.
- Router Technology: Features four 1-Gigabit ethernet ports and delivers Wi-Fi 5 speeds up to 2.3 Gbps (2,350 Mbps).
- Dedicated Customer Support: Live Chat and Phone Support available 8am -1am EST. Product ships with 2-Year Limited Warranty.
This ARRIS SURFboard doesn’t have fancy DOCSIS 3.1 technology like the NETGEAR Nighthawk C7800, but it will still support most cable internet speed—and at half the cost. ARRIS sweetens the deal with McAfee Secure Whole Home Internet so you don’t have to stress about viruses.
Just because you’re shelling out for fast internet doesn’t mean you have to empty your pockets for a cable modem with Wi-Fi too. Think of this modem/router as a cheaper gig solution that might not be relevant forever but will certainly last long enough to save you from leasing a device from your ISP.
Pros & Cons
- ELIMINATE MONTHLY CABLE MODEM RENTAL FEES Up to $120 per year
- Two in One DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem + WiFi Router with 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports and 1 USB 2.0 port.System Requirements Microsoft Windows 7, 8, Vista, XP, 2000, Mac OS, or other operating systems running a TCP/IP network. Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.4, or Google Chrome 11.0 browsers or higher
- Up to 340Mbps modem speed and Dual Band N450 (2.4GHz & 5GHz) WiFi speed. 8x4 channel bonding, Denial of Service (DoS) attack prevention
- DOCSIS 3.0 unleashes 8x faster download speeds than DOCSIS 2.0
- Ideal for streaming HD videos, faster downloads, and high speed online gaming
- Required for the fastest cable Internet speed tiers.Use with an N300 adapter like NETGEAR WNA3100 for maximum performance
- Compatibe with Xfinity from Comcast, Spectrum, Cox, & more. Not compatible with bundled voice services..Wifi technology:802.11n Dual Band Gigabit
The Netgear N600 is a more budget-oriented modem/router, but it still provides great value for its price.
It brings speeds of up to 340 Mbps. This isn’t exceptionally high, but it should get the job done for those on a budget. After all, most internet packages are under 100 Mbps anyhow. If you’re looking to upgrade your speeds in the future, though, this may not suffice.
A nice feature for the price is the inclusion of dual-band Wi-Fi, which opens up your network and connectivity options. Other upsides include WPA/WPA2, a WPA button, and DLNA sharing. Unfortunately, this router has just an 8×4 channel bonding configuration, meaning that under heavy traffic it is much more likely to slow down and affect internet speeds.
Pros & Cons
- High Efficiency WiFi 6 - Enjoy fast speeds up to 6000 Mbps with WiFi 6 (802.11ax)
- Compact & CableLabs certified cable gateway to ensure the best compatibility of cable internet service.
- Small & Elegant Design with embedded WiFi antenna makes it the smallest DOCSIS 3.1 WiFi 6 cable gateway in retail cable industry.
- 100% Passive Cooling with fan-less design for noise-less experience
- Cost Saving & Future Proof - Stop Paying modem/router rental fees from your cable provider
- This model does not support ASUS Router App and AiMesh
Wi-Fi 6, also known as 802.11ax or High Efficiency (HE) Wireless, is the next technology iteration for wireless routers. An evolution of 802.11ac technology, 802.11ax promises increased throughput speeds of up to 4.8 gigabits per second (Gbps). That means less network congestion, greater client capacity, and better range performance courtesy of several new and improved wireless technologies.
Orthogonal Frequency-Division Multiple Access (OFDMA) improves overall throughput by breaking Wi-Fi channels into sub-channels. This allows up to 30 users to share a channel at the same time. Target Wake Time (TWT) is designed to reduce power consumption by allowing devices to determine when and how often they will wake up to begin sending and receiving data.
Best all in One Cable Modem Wireless Router – In order to connect devices to the web, a modem and a router are required. A modem connects to your Internet Service Provider (ISP) and receives information from them. From there, a router distributes the signal to other devices, allowing them to connect to the same network.
In the past, it was necessary to purchase the two separately. Advances in technology have made it possible to fit both into one machine, known as a modem router combo.