Best Cable Modem for Comcast Xfinity Blast – Since Comcast is one of the largest internet providers in the US, it has plenty of compatible modems. So, there are many options. I have, however, found that Motorola MB8611 is the best option out there for Xfinity internet.
As it provides a fast internet connection for a reasonable price.
Pros & Cons
- Model MB7621 is recommended for actual cable Internet service speeds up to 650 Mbps. Wirecutter rates this “the best modem for most people.” A Full-Band Capture Digital Tuner ensures faster, more reliable Internet.
- This cable modem's 1 Gigabit Ethernet port connects to a WiFi router, computer, HDTV, game station, or streaming video device. Great for use with Whole Home WiFi or Mesh networks like eero, Google WiFi, and Orbi. (This cable modem does not have a built-in wireless router or telephone call capability. The Motorola MG7315, MG7540, MG7550, and MG7700 have a built-in wireless router.)
- Requires cable Internet service.Approved by and for use with Comcast Xfinity and Xfinity X1, Cox, Charter Spectrum, Time Warner Cable, BrightHouse, CableOne, SuddenLink, RCN, and other cable service providers. Eliminate cable modem rental fees up to 156 dollars per year. (Savings are shown for Xfinity and vary by cable service provider. No cable modem is compatible with fiber optic, DSL, or satellite services from Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, Frontier, and others. Model MB7621 has no phone jack.)
- Setup is fast and easy using the quick start guide.
- Attractive, compact design minimizes shelf space, improves cooling, and extends product life while looking great in any home or office. A 2-year warranty plus rugged lightning and power surge circuits protect your investment.
When you go with this modem, you’ll eliminate the rental fees that come with your cable modem. That means you’ll enjoy a great deal of savings in the long run. The modem itself works with a large number of cable service providers, including Comcast Xfinity, Cox, Charter Spectrum, Time Warner Cable and RCN.
In our analysis of 33 expert reviews, the Motorola MB7621 24 x 8 Cable Modem Modem placed 3rd when we looked at the top 12 products in the category.
2.NETGEAR Cable Modem CM400
Pros & Cons
- ELIMINATE MONTHLY CABLE MODEM RENTAL FEES - Up to $156 per year
- DOCSIS 3. 0 Cable Modem with 1 Gigabit Ethernet port. One (1) Gigabit Ethernet port with auto-sensing technology
- Up to 340Mbps download and upload speed. Separate router required for WiFi. 8x4 channel bonding.
- DOCSIS 3. 0 unleashes 8x faster download speeds than DOCSIS 2. 0
- Ideal for streaming HD videos, faster downloads, and high-speed online gaming
- Required for the fastest cable Internet speed tiers
- Compatible with Xfinity from Comcast, Spectrum, Cox, & more. Not compatible with bundled voice services.
- Memory storage capacity: 64.0 MB
This affordable Xfinity-compatible modem is reliable and easy to install. For a bargain modem you can set and forget, it doesn’t get better than this.
Although this modem doesn’t have the latest DOCSIS 3.1 technology, it uses DOCSIS 3.0 technology at speeds most Xfinity households will appreciate. And if that techy talk has you baffled, don’t worry. We’re just saying the NETGEAR CM400 will take good care of you and your Xfinity plan.
Your favorite writer (me) uses the NETGEAR CM400 at home when I’m not testing out the Xfinity xFi Gateway. It’ll be a perfect fit for you, too, if you use Xfinity’s Performance Starter or Performance Select plans.
3.ARRIS Surfboard SB6183-RB
Pros & Cons
- APPROVED with Comcast Xfinity, Spectrum (Charter, Time Warner, Brighthouse), Cox and more. If not sure call your cable provider to find out if approved to use. REQUIRES Cable Internet Service. Not compatible with: Verizon, AT&T, or CenturyLink
- Cable Modem only (no WiFi router). NO support for Cable TELCO options
- Internet speeds up to 686 Mbps on 16 Download Channels and 131 Mbps on 4 Upload Channels, based on your cable ISP subscription. Approved for plans up to 400Mbps. Gigabit Ethernet port to connect to computer or router
- Great for streaming HD Video and gaming on multiple devices at a time
- 90 Day Warranty. ARRIS Certified Refurbished. US Technical support. ARRIS Certified Refurbished products will ALWAYS be branded ARRIS, Never Motorola! If you get Motorola branded product they are illegitimate, need to be returned to Seller and Reported to Amazon
ARRIS’s easy-to-use SB6183 SURFboard DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem offers the highest speeds available in the SURFboard modem lineup. Utilizing the power of DOCSIS 3.0, the SB6183 enables channel bonding of up to 16 downstream channels and four upstream channels, which provide download speeds up to 686 Mbps.
Speeds that fast take HD video streaming and online gaming to a whole new level. Future-proof your home network with the SB6183. With over 135 million sold, it’s a no brainer!
Pros & Cons
- This 8x4 DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem provides speeds up to 343 Mbps, eight times faster than DOCSIS 2.0. A Full-Band Capture digital tuner ensures a faster, more reliable Internet.
- Cable modem's Ethernet port connects to a computer, HDTV, game station, or wireless router. (This cable modem does not have a built-in wireless router or VoIP telephone adapter. The Motorola MG7310, MG7315, and MG7550 have a built-in wireless router.)
- Requires cable Internet service. Certified by Comcast XFINITY, Time Warner Cable, Cox, BrightHouse, and other leading cable service providers for modem ownership programs that typically save rental charges of $120 or more per year
- Setup is fast and easy with a few quick steps set out in a Quick Start guide. Experienced USA-based customer support specialists are there to help if you need them.
- Attractive, compact design minimizes shelf space, improves cooling, and extends product life while looking great in any home or office. A two-year warranty plus rugged lightning and power surge circuits protect your investment.
The Motorola MG7700 combines an AC1900 dual-band wireless router technology with a DOCSIS 3.0 24×8 channel cable to deliver high-speed Wi-Fi access to its clients.
The performance that the Motorola MG7700 can provide and the relatively affordable price tag that comes with it makes this router/modem an excellent alternative and upgrade to the default unit that your ISP provides.
However, how does the Motorola MG7700 stack up against other routers/modem units in the same price bracket? To find out, we put the MG7700 through the wringer to fully evaluate its overall functionality and performance.
Pros & Cons
- Compatible with all major cable internet providers with internet speed up to 1Gbp. Currently certified with Spectrum and Cox (up to 1Gbps) and Xfinity (up to 800Mbps). Future speeds with these service providers may change over time. Not compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and any bundled voice service
- Save monthly rental fees: Model C7800 replaces your cable modem and Wi-Fi router saving you up to Dollar 168/year in equipment rental fees
- Get up to 3000 square feet wireless coverage and 45 devices connected with AC3200 speed (up to 3200 Mbps)
- Four (4) Gigabit Ethernet ports and 2 hi-speed USB 3.0 ports give you fast wired connections to your computer, printer, game box, storage drive, and other devices
- Modem technology: Engineered with 32x8 channel bonding and DOCSIS 3.1
Netgear’s Nighthawk brand is a mainstay of the router aisle. This year, the company added a new Nighthawk-branded mesh system into the mix, complete with support for Wi-Fi 6 — the newest, fastest version of Wi-Fi.
Most intriguing of all: The two-piece Nighthawk mesh system only costs . That’s less than you’ll spend for the Nest Wifi, a well-reviewed two-piece mesh system that doesn’t support Wi-Fi 6 at all.
Pros & Cons
- Supports internet speed up to 2Gbps. Certified with Xfinity Internet & Voice Plans up to 800Mbps speed. Future speed with Xfinity is subject to change
- Works with any WiFi router. Connect any WiFi router to this modem’s Ethernet port to support all your wireless devices
- Save monthly rental fees. Model CM1150V replaces your cable modem saving you up to $150/yr in equipment rental fees
- Four (4) Gigabit Ethernet ports give you fast wired connections to your computer, separate WiFi router, printer, game box, and other devices
- For use with Xfinity Voice service and up to 2 telephone lines with enhanced call features including caller ID, 3 way conference calling, call forwarding and more
- Modem technology: Engineered with 32x8 channel bonding, OFDM 2x2, and DOCSIS 3.1
- Multi-gig Ethernet: Link aggregation combines two 1G ports into one 2G port for faster wired ethernet speed
Nighthawk mesh router was plenty fast in our lab-based top speed tests — it actually notched the fastest close-range transfer speed that we’ve seen from any of the mesh routers we’ve tested thus far, including a few models that cost twice as much. But when I took it home to conduct my real-world speed tests, things were a lot different.
At several points during my tests, where I move from room to room running speed tests from various spots around my house, my speeds would plummet, forcing me to disconnect and then reconnect in order to get my speeds back up where they should be. It wasn’t an issue with my network — it was the Nighthawk router getting confused by a non-stationary client device.
7.ARRIS SURFboard SBG10
Pros & Cons
- A Trusted Name in Home Connectivity: Get high speeds, better coverage, and a two-in-one product! With the ARRIS SURFboard SBG10 Wi-Fi Cable Modem, you will increase your network capability and get fast streaming and downloading throughout your home. From a trusted brand with over 260 million modems sold and growing.
- Save Money: Own your modem and save. Reduce your cable bill up to $168 dollars per year in cable modem rental fees (Savings vary by cable service provider). Certified for use with most U.S. cable internet service providers. For a complete list see additional details below.
- Modem Technology: DOCSIS 3.0 is an reliable, broadly available, and affordable technology that delivers high speed internet to your home devices.
- Simple and Secure Set-up: Just plug-in, download the SURFboard Central App, and follow the step-by-step intrstuctions to activate the modem, set-up and customize your Wi-Fi network, and add devices to your home network! Once setup is complete, the app provides real-time monitoring of the devices on your network, enhanced parental controls like setting time limits and pausing internet and much more.
- Compatibility: The SURFboard SBG10 is compatible with major U.S. cable internet providers including Cox, Spectrum, Xfinity and others. It's approved for cable internet speed plans up to 400 Mbps. Check your Internet Service Provider (ISP) website to confirm compatibility.
- What's in the Box: When you purchase you will get an ARRIS SURFboard SBG10 Cable Modem, Power Supply, Quick-Start guide, and 2-year warranty card.
- Router Technology: Features two 1-Gigabit ethernet ports and delivers Wi-Fi 5 speeds up to 1.6 Gbps (1600 Mbps).
- Dedicated Customer Support: Live Chat and Phone Support available 8am -1am EST. Product ships with 2-Year Limited Warranty.
ARRIS is a telecommunication giant that has, for over 24 years, dominated the industry ever since it was founded in 1995. It is an internationally renowned US-based brand and has its executive offices in Suwanee, Georgia, United States.
They are incorporated in England and Wales and provide data, video, and telephone services for domestic and commercial use. The brand has a global outreach with design, engineering, distribution, service, and sales offices worldwide.
Their products are said to be top-notch quality and feature some of the most innovative designs that allow them to be incredibly user-friendly. All of these features have allowed them to make their way and become one of the top-most brands in the industry which dominate the market. Furthermore, they have a global following.
Best Cable Modem for Comcast Xfinity Blast – This makes it future-proof because when Xfinity upgrades its internet to DOCSIS 3.1, you won’t have to go get a new modem. And since DOCIS 3.1 is backward compatible, it will work with DOCSIS 3.0. 
The 2.5GB ethernet port is also a great feature. Because this makes the modem compatible with internet plans up to 2500 Mbps.
And even if it feels excessive today, it won’t be in a couple of years.
Coming with a two-year warranty and excellent support (in my experience anyway), I felt that I couldn’t pick any other modem as the number one choice.