Best Cable Modem for Optimum – When it comes to software there is no shortcut for the Nighthawk AR500. Using a system that was developed by Netduma called DUMAOS, the focus lies with monitoring your resources, allocating bandwidth to devices based on application and network prioritization.
But wait, there is more. This snazzy router has Geo-Filter which significantly reduces lag times by managing and limiting the distance to the server you are operating from. You can set a range limit that will find the servers closest to you so that you can enjoy lag-free gaming and streaming.
1.ARRIS SURFboard SBG7600AC2
Pros & Cons
- A Trusted Name in Home Connectivity: Get high speeds, better coverage, and a two-in-one product! With the ARRIS SURFboard SBG7600AC2 Wi-Fi Cable Modem, you will increase your network capability and get faster streaming and downloading throughout your home. From a trusted brand with over 260 million modems sold and growing.
- Save Money: Own your modem and save. Reduce your cable bill up to $168 dollars per year in cable modem rental fees (Savings vary by cable service provider). Certified for use with most U.S. cable internet service providers. For a complete list see additional details below.
- Modem Technology: DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem with AC2350 Wi-Fi Router that delivers high speed internet to your home devices.
- Simple and Secure Set-up: Just plug-in, download the SURFboard Central App, and follow the step-by-step intrstuctions to activate the modem, set-up and customize your Wi-Fi network, and add devices to your home network! Once setup is complete, the app provides real-time monitoring of the devices on your network, enhanced parental controls like setting time limits and pausing internet and much more.
- Compatibility: The SURFboard SBG7600AC2 is compatible with major U.S. cable internet providers including Cox, Spectrum, Xfinity and others. It's approved for cable internet speed plans up to 800 Mbps. Check your Internet Service Provider (ISP) website to confirm compatibility.
- What's in the Box: When you purchase you will get an ARRIS SURFboard SBG7600AC2 Cable Modem, Power Supply, Quick-Start guide, and 2-year warranty card.
- Router Technology: Features four 1-Gigabit ethernet ports and delivers Wi-Fi 5 speeds up to 2.3 Gbps (2,350 Mbps).
- Dedicated Customer Support: Live Chat and Phone Support available 8am -1am EST. Product ships with 2-Year Limited Warranty.
The ARRIS Surfboard series always had their own distinctive style. Unfortunately, the SBG7600AC2 largely lacks that style.
It looks more like an ordinary home router than almost any other Surfboard. It only retains a glimmer of that distinctive style when you turn to its backside. From a hardware perspective, this router is a continuation of the widely popular SB6121.
Pros & Cons
- Top Internet Speeds for all Multi-gigabit Speed Tiers - Wirecutter recommends this model as the best cable modem for people using Gigabit Internet plans. Built-in DOCSIS 3.1 and DOCSIS 3.0 32x8 capabilities give top Internet speeds for all cable Internet services.
- Save Money - Eliminate up to 168 dollars per year in cable modem rental fees (Savings are shown for Comcast Xfinity and vary by cable service provider.) Approved by Comcast Xfinity and Xfinity X1, Cox, and CableOne for all speeds including Comcast Gigabit services and Cox Gigablast. Not compatible with RCN. No cable modem is compatible with fiber optic, DSL, or satellite services, available from Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, Frontier, and others.)
- Flexible Compatibility - Pair with any Wi-Fi router you’d like, including Whole Home Wi-Fi or Mesh routers like eero, Google Wi-Fi, and Orbi. A 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet port allows connection of any SINGLE device with an Ethernet port including a router, Windows or Mac computer, HDTV, or game station. This cable modem does not have a built-in wireless router or telephone call capability.
- Proactive Network Security - A broadcom chipset provides advanced security from denial-of service attacks.
- Active Queue Management (AQM) - AQM significantly reduces Internet latency on both DOCSIS 3.1 and 3.0 services, resulting in faster page loads for all Web traffic and enhanced interactive applications like online gaming and video conferencing. The MB8600 also includes a full-band capture digital tuner to enhance speed and save energy.
The Motorola MB8600 is an easy choice. At some , it makes a gratifying upgrade for those moving from a sub-Gigabit to a Gigabit cable broadband plan.
If you’re in that situation, go for it, you won’t regret it.
I tested the Motorola SM8600 with Comcast. While the modem will work with other cable providers, the experience expressed here is that of Xfinity subscribers.
Pros & Cons
- Delivers seamless internet connectivity and creates a Mesh Wi-Fi network that blankets your home in super fast, seamless Wi-Fi — replaces both your cable modem and router—saves money (up to $168/year in equipment rental fees)
- Eliminates Wi-Fi dead zones and buffering — 4,000 square feet of consistent coverage — at speeds up to 2.2 Gbps (gigabytes per second)
- Cable modem is up to 32X faster internet for smooth uninterrupted connections and max download speeds, (thanks to DOCSIS 3.0 modem with 32 x 8 channel bonding)
- Maintains speed even as more devices use your Wi-Fi at the same time — the difference is tri band technology, others use dual band
- Simple setup with the Orbi app — create guest network, access parental controls, and run speed tests right from the app
- 4 Ethernet ports on modem/router and 2 on satellite provide a wired connection to your Smart TV, game console, and more
- NETGEAR Armor Powered by BitDefender: The world’s leading cybersecurity protects all your home devices from virus, malware, and data theft with a 30-day free trial.
The Netgear Orbi RBK50 AC3000 mesh-router system is out of this world, able to fill a large home with high-speed Wi-Fi. It’s a snap to set up and has more range and power than almost any other router. The Orbi’s dedicated channel for router-to-extension data traffic helps the system squeeze the maximum throughput for your family’s online wants and needs.
Starting at $329 for a two-pack kit, this is one of the pricier home Wi-Fi kits. But if you have a lot of ground to cover, the premium is well worth it. That’s why the Orbi made our list of the best mesh Wi-Fi products.
Pros & Cons
- Compatible with Comcast Xfinity, Time Warner Cable, Charter, Cox, Cablevision, and more; Requires Cable Internet Service
- Not compatible with: Verizon, AT&T, or CenturyLink
- Cable Modem only (no WiFi router), Interfaces: Cable: F type female 75 ohm
- Experience high speed Wi Fi speeds from your existing ISP plans up to 300 Mbps; Ideal for HD media streaming, simultaneous online gaming, web surfing and more
- Features Intel Puma 6 chipset to achieve high speed downstream and upstream performance
- Easy plug and play setup
The Linksys CM3024 is a 24 x 8 DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem with max downstream speeds up to 960 Mbps and upstream speeds of up to 122 Mbps with channel-bonding technology to maximize data-transfer efficiency. We tested it on Comcast Xfinity’s 400 Mbps speed tier, and it worked without issue while we simultaneously streamed and downloaded multiple large files.
Its performance was typical for our tests, as all the modems we tested handled the same setup with very little variation. Still, if you’re subscribed to internet speeds above 300 Mbps, the CM3024’s extra channels give it an advantage over 16 x 4 modems like the Asus CM-16.
5.TP-Link Archer CR700
Pros & Cons
It’s not often that we here at TweakTown take a look at cable modems. In fact, this is the first that I have looked at myself and, to be honest, I was quite intrigued by this solution as it combines both a 16 x 4 DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem with an AC1750 wireless router.
The TP-Link Archer CR700 like I mentioned above is a DOCSIS 3.0 compatible cable modem featuring 16 x 4 bonded channels for 608 Mbit/s downstream throughput and 108 Mbit/s upstream throughput and certified for XFINITY by Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Cablevision and Bright House Networks.
On the router side of things, the CR700 is a dual-band wireless router featuring 450 Mbps on the 2.4GHz band while the 5GHz band is capable of 1300 Mbps. It features beamforming technology along with dual USB ports for accessing media or sharing a printer.
Pros & Cons
- DOCSIS 3.0 16x4 cable modem certified by Comcast Xfinity, Spectrum (legacy Time Warner Cable and Charter) and Cox
- Save up to $120 per year on rental fees by owning your own cable modem
- Supports downstream of up to 686Mbps and upstream of up to 131Mbps
- Pairs perfectly with ASUS signature routers such as RT-AC68U and RT-AC66U (router not included, separate purchase required for WiFi connectivity)
- Five front-facing LED indicators easily reveal the status and signal strength of the cable modem
DOCSIS 3.0 16×4 cable modem certified by Comcast Xfinity, Spectrum (legacy Time Warner Cable and Charter) and Cox. Save up to $120 per year on rental fees by owning your own cable modem. Supports downstream of up to 686Mbps and upstream of up to 131Mbps
Pairs perfectly with ASUS signature routers such as RT-AC68U and RT-AC66U (router not included, separate purchase required for WiFi connectivity) Five front-facing LED indicators easily reveal the status and signal strength of the cable modem
7.Google WiFi system
Pros & Cons
- A new type of connected system for seamless WiFi coverage throughout your home, helping eliminate dead zones and buffering
- Replaces your current router, and works your modem and internet service. It’s compatible with major internet service providers including Comcast, Time Warner, and Verizon Fios
- A single WiFi point covers up to 1,500 square feet, a set of three covers homes up to 4,500 square feet Wifi points work together so you can add more if you need additional coverage
- Network Assist technology keeps your connection fast by always selecting the clearest channel and fastest band for your devices
- A simple app gets you set up quickly and allows you to see what’s connected, prioritize devices, and pause the WiFi on kids devices. Family controls allow you to pause the WiFi on kids devices, like during
In many ways, the release of Google Wifi was the one that flung mesh Wi-Fi routers into the mainstream market. It may not have been the first mesh router on the scene, with the likes of Netgear Orbi or Samsung Connect Home getting there first, but it has set the benchmark of what to expect out of mesh Wi-Fi routers.
Google Wifi offers better value than most of the competition, combining a robust feature set and an affordable price tag in a compact and minimalist design that looks good just about anywhere you put it. It’s set a high bar, especially because it’s effortless to install and set up via the mobile app.
Best Cable Modem for Optimum – Optimum as a service provider has been making clients happy for years. They service both the home and business environments and ensure that you get the best options for your needs.
Providing network coverage on the new Wi-Fi 6 platform you will get the most out of your modem in terms of network coverage, speed of transmission, and data usage.
Choosing a modem that suits your needs can become complicated if you are not a fey with all the terminology and technology behind the new and improved devices. As if we are not stressed out enough, you need to think about cable ports, the number of channels, the security of your network and so much more.