Best Cable Modem for Wow – We hope that by this point in the article you have gained a complete understanding of everything that there is to know about WOW approved modems.
We have shared the list of the ten best options that you can buy to get the most out of your WOW internet services, and we hope that we have helped you find the best wide-open west cable modem that suits all your needs. Do let us know in the comments or over mail if there are any more questions, and we shall get back to you as soon as we can!
Pros & Cons
- Support all cable internet speed tiers, up to Gigabit (1000 Mbps) service. Separate router required for WiFi.
- DOCSIS 3.1 up to 10X faster download speeds than DOCSIS 3.0. DOCSIS 3.1 is OFDM 2x2 plus DOCSIS 3.0 32x8 channel bonding
- ELIMINATE MONTHLY CABLE MODEM RENTAL FEES - Up to dollar 120 per year;32 downstream and 8 upstream channels for DOCSIS 3.0 connection
- Not compatible with: Verizon, ATandT, or CenturyLink. Not compatible with bundled voice services.
- Compatible with Xfinity from Comcast, Cox, Mediacom Cable, and more.
Netgear is among the biggest and the most prominent names when it comes to making modems and other network equipment. The company makes some of the best modems for WOW internet users, and their Netgear CM1000 is the absolute best option that these users have. If you have a WOW internet connection and are looking forward to getting the best possible speeds and an optimum usage experience, go with this modem without any doubts!
This is a DOCSIS 3.1 modem which provides you with the latest modem-tech available out there. This offers you a DOCSIS 3.1 OFDM 2×2+ DOCSIS 3.0 32×8 setup, which provides great upstream and downstream rates. Besides WOW internet, this modem is also a good fit for internet users who are using connections from Xfinity, Cox, Spectrum, and Optimum. You save about $120 per year in rental charges when you use this modem.
Pros & Cons
- Maximum Range : 3000 Sq Ft
- Dual band 802.11AC - utilize 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands to provide the best connections and speeds up to a combined 1900 Mbps
- Asus AiMesh technology - connect with other AiMesh compatible routers to create an expansive and seamless Wi-Fi experience.
- Maximum flexibility- suit your needs by using the AC1900 as either an AiMesh Node, access point, media bridge, or as a Wi-Fi extender that works perfectly with all routers.
- Mobile app support - Control every feature at your fingertips using the Asus extender app or the Asus router app for AiMesh networks. Coverage - Large homes. Antenna Type- 3* External
- Network wide Features - access to a variety of features including AiProtection, parental controls, and adaptive QoS when connected to an AiMesh network.
This router has amazing features and is equipped with the latest technology. It is a powerful device with robust hardware, a supreme WiFi connection, and a strong network spread over short and long distances.
Also, the ASUS router app will help you manage your device and your network connection with ease, which is an added bonus compared to other routers. AiProtection, powered by Trend Micro, is another advanced feature of this device that gives multiple layers of protection from infected websites and guarantees safe browsing and keeps your data from being leaked by hackers.
Pros & Cons
- Coverage up to 1,800 sq. ft. for up to 30 devices with AC1900 speed (up to 1900Mbps)
- Replaces your cable modem and Wi-Fi router, saving you up to Dollar 168/year in equipment rental fees
- Speeds by carrier: Xfinity (up to 600Mbps), Cox (up to 500Mbps), Spectrum (up to 400Mbps)
- Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and more with 4 x 1G Ethernet ports
- Share a storage drive with any connected device using the 2.0 USB port
Yes, we know that there are a lot of Netgear modems in this article. However, this has to happen because Netgear is such a major player in the markets. The company comes out with new modems every now and then, each being better than the previous lot. This cable modem, the C7000 has been approved by WOW and ensures that their users get fast speeds. Apart from WOW internet, this modem is also great for Xfinity by Comcast, Spectrum, and Cox users.
This is a DOCSIS 3.1 based modem, which comes with a built-in Wi-Fi router and allows a maximum connection speed of 800 Mbps. You can provide a space of about 1800 sq. ft. with Wi-Fi access using this modem. You can also use it to wirelessly connect about 30 devices. There are 4 ethernet ports on the back, as well as 2 USB ports, which ensure that not only can you connect your consoles, printers, and other devices, but you can also hook in a USB drive with the modem to stream and share content in your local network.
Pros & Cons
- 16x4 DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem plus a built-in AC1900 Dual Band (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) WiFi Gigabit Router with four Gigabit (GigE) Ethernet ports, a firewall DFS, Power Boost, and more. This product is recommended for actual cable Internet service speeds up to 375 Mbps. A Broadcom cable modem chipset provides security from Denial of Service attacks. WiFi performance is exceptionally good, even in multi-dwelling units with lots of WiFi noise from neighbors. DFS and Power Boost are key
- Requires cable Internet service. Approved by and for use with Comcast Xfinity and Xfinity X1, Cox, Charter Spectrum, Time Warner Cable, Suddenlink, WOW., CableOne and other cable service providers. Eliminate cable modem rental fees up to 156 dollars per year. (Savings are shown for Xfinity and vary by cable service provider. No cable modem is compatible with fiber optic, DSL, or satellite services from Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, Frontier, and others. Model MG7550 has no phone jack.)
- Built-in high-speed Wi-Fi router with AC1900 Wi-Fi, and Power Boost, and DFS provides Internet access for Wi-Fi devices including smartphones, notebooks, tablets, game stations, HDTVs, Amazon Echo, Google Home, Chromecast, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and AppleTV. Four 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports provide wired connections to Windows and Mac computers, HDTVs, game stations, streaming TV devices, and other Ethernet-capable devices.
- Wireless Power Boost adds high-performance WiFi power amplifiers to boost the wireless signals to the legal limit, giving a significant boost in speed and range. The router can work on WiFi DFS frequencies, unlike most routers, so it is much less vulnerable to WiFi interference from neighbors. In addition, AnyBeam beamforming at both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies focuses the signal on wireless clients to further enhance performance and range.
- Integrating the cable modem and router creates a reliable connection that reduces unwieldy wiring and power adapter clutter while conserving desk space. The vertical design minimizes shelf space and improves cooling while looking great in any home or office. A two-year warranty plus rugged lightning and power surge circuits protect your investment.
This device contains all the features you could possibly want from your modem/router. The built-in AC1900 dual-band ensures high-speed internet connection all around your home, with a Broadcom cable modem chipset that secures your network from any malicious cyber attacks.
Furthermore, it comes with beamforming and PowerBoost, which guarantee blazing internet speed with extreme coverage. This product is also one of the only options which works on WiFi DFS frequencies, so it does not get interference from other WiFi signals nearby. This device is also engineered beautifully, with a compact design to minimize shelf space and provide exceptional network service.
5.TP-Link 16×4 AC1750
Pros & Cons
- Eliminate rental fee: eliminate your cable Modem monthly rental fee - up to $120 per year
- Cable Modem router: item is cable Modem router and this will serve as both your cable Modem and Wi-Fi router
- Industry leading support: 2-year warranty and free 24/7 technical support; J. D. Power Ranked TP-LINK "highest in customer satisfaction for wireless routers in 2017"；great for cable internet plans up to 300Mbps with Infinity from Comcast, spectrum (including Charter, time Warner Cable, and bright house networks), Cox, Sudden link, Mediacom, and wow
- Faster speed: up to 1750Mbps Wi-Fi speeds with simultaneous 2. 4GHz (up to 450Mbps) and 5GHz (up to 1300Mbps) bands; Channel bonding of up to 16 downstream and 4 upstream channels, up to 680Mbps download speeds
- Increased Wi-Fi range: six internal antennas and high-powered amplifiers Boost signal strength and reduce interference
TP-Link is a tried and tested name when it comes to modems. It is an international name and occupies a sizable chunk of the market. The TP-Link AC1750 Wi-Fi Cable Modem is one of the best modem+router combos that you can get if you are a user of WOW’s services. This modem costs under $100 and is a great option for anyone who doesn’t want to spend too much money on getting a good modem and router combo.
This modem saves you about $120 in yearly rental fees, which you would otherwise have to pay to your ISP as rent. This is a dual-band router which provides a total connection speed of 1750Mbps. The modem supports a large number of ISPs, including but not limited to WOW, Xfinity by Comcast, Spectrum, and Cox.
Pros & Cons
- Compatible with Comcast Xfinity, Time Warner Cable, Charter, Cox, Cablevision, and more; Requires Cable Internet Service
- Not compatible with: Verizon, AT&T, or CenturyLink
- Cable Modem only (no WiFi router), Interfaces: Cable: F type female 75 ohm
- Experience high speed Wi Fi speeds from your existing ISP plans up to 300 Mbps; Ideal for HD media streaming, simultaneous online gaming, web surfing and more
- Features Intel Puma 6 chipset to achieve high speed downstream and upstream performance
- Easy plug and play setup
Linksys is another prominent name when it comes to getting hold of network equipment such as modems and routers. The company makes one of the best WOW internet-compatible modems, particularly for those who are looking for an option under $100. Apart from WOW, this modem (which does not include a router), supports Optimum, Xfinity, Cox, and Spectrum connections as well. You can pair any router with the modem and it will work really well and there are no restrictions.
The modem features one ethernet port on the back, and has a port for the main power cable, and another one for the WAN cable. It is slightly bulky, but gets the job done really well. The modem functions on a 24×8 DOCSIS 3.0 network and is best suited for internet connections up to 300 Mbps in speed. There’s an Intel Puma 6 chipset inside the modem for faster speeds.
7.ZyXEL Cable Modem
Pros & Cons
- Web-based control configuration and management
- Full-featured compact, economical cable modem with Ethernet port
- DOCSIS/EuroDOCSIS 1.1/2.0/3.0 Compliant
- Easy-to-read LED's clearly display network status and activity
- Power on self diagnostic
- Proprietary mibs for extended support on DOCSIS
If you are looking for a very basic cable modem which offers you a stable internet connection without any bells and whistles around it, the ZyXEL cable modem BRG35503 is the perfect option for you. This doesn’t even have a big look and feel to it like most other modern-day modems. This is a low-profile device which just gets the job done.
There’s one Gigabit Ethernet port on the back, which you can use to plug into a router. The cable modem supports DOCSIS 3.0 and EuroDOCSIS 3.0 protocols, making it a decent device even for use in Europe.
Best Cable Modem for Wow – Are you sick and tired of paying the monthly rental fees for your modem/router?
If you have subscribed to the Wide Open West (WOW!) internet service provider and are searching for a WOW!-Compatible modem and router, this article is the answer to all your prayers.
We have given information on this ISP and reviewed some compatible products for your convenience.