Best Cable Modem Gateway – The best cable modem/router combos will do the same job at a fraction of the cost of two devices, and in a far simpler way, with fewer cables and power plugs.
However, it’s not quite that simple. Not all modems work with all providers, and you’ll need to make sure the unit you buy is compatible with your cable company (e.g Spectrum, Cox or AT&T). Information about compatibility can usually be found on your cable provider’s website. If not, it’s best to call and check before you buy.
ROUND UPback to menu ↑
- COMPATIBLE WITH ALL MAJOR CABLE INTERNET PROVIDERS: Including certification by Xfinity by Comcast, COX, and Spectrum. NOT compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and any bundled voice service.
- SAVE MONTHLY RENTAL FEES: Model C6250 replaces your cable modem and WiFi router saving you up to $168/yr in equipment rental fees.
Netgear is a popular brand with a lot of well-deserved recognition for their high-quality products. The C6250-1AZNAS is no exception, and boasts excellent performance along with great configurability.
This modem/router combo brings a respectable top speed of 680Mbps, which should leave plenty of room for most people to upgrade their internet in the future. With a 16×4 channel configuration, this modem/router can provide a decent amount of bandwidth for periods of heavy internet use.back to menu ↑
- Fast 24x8 DOCSIS 3.0 cable Modem Plus a built-in AC1900 Dual band (2.4GHz and 5GHz) Wi-Fi Gigabit Router with four Gigabit (GigE) Ethernet ports, power boost Wi-Fi amplifiers, firewall security, and more. The maximum modem speed is 1000 Mbps, supporting service speeds up to 650.
- Eliminate up to 156 dollars per year in cable Modem rental fees. (Savings are shown for Comcast Xfinity and vary by cable service provider.) certified by all leading cable service providers including Comcast Xfinity, Cox, Charter spectrum (no cable Modem is compatible with fiber optic, DSL, or satellite services, available from Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, Frontier, and others.)
Motorola is another company well-known for their modem and router products. The MG7700 is the very option for those looking for an AC1900 modem/router.
Contrary to the first router on this list, the MG7700 has a 24×8 channel bonding configuration, which will come in handy if multiple devices are accessing the net at once. This router can handle download speeds up to 1000 Mbps and upload speeds of up to 246 Mbps. While not absolutely top-tier, this should be plenty for most applications.back to menu ↑
- Coverage up to 1,800 sq. ft. for up to 30 devices with AC1900 speed (up to 1900Mbps)
- Replaces your cable modem and Wi-Fi router, saving you up to $168/year in equipment rental fees
The next offering is again from Netgear, although this modem/router combo is faster than the last. Right out the gate, the Nighthawk C7000 brings speeds of up to 960 Mbps, which is much faster than the data plans most consumers get from their ISP’s. This overhead should leave plenty of room to upgrade speeds in the future.
As far as bandwidth goes, this router is not lacking either. With 24×8 channel bonding, this router should be able to handle heavy traffic from multiple devices and uploads will not be hindered either.back to menu ↑
4.ARRIS SURFboard SBG7600AC2
- DOCSIS Cable Modem, AC2350 dual-band Wi-Fi, 4 port Gigabit Router (cable digital voice service not supported)
- Compatible with major U.S. Cable Internet Providers including Cox, Spectrum, Xfinity & others. Cable internet service required. Not compatible with ATT, Verizon, CenturyLink or other DSL or Fiber internet providers.
The ARRIS SURFboard SBG7600AC2 is a powerhouse modem/router, with blazing speeds and excellent bandwidth. For those willing to part with a bit more cash, this router provides unparalleled performance.
This product can handle Wi-Fi speeds of up to 2350 Mbps, which blows the other routers on this list out of the water. These speeds should effectively future-proof it, and prevent you from having to buy a new router for a long time.back to menu ↑
- ELIMINATE MONTHLY CABLE MODEM RENTAL FEES Up to $120 per year
- Two in One DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem + WiFi Router with 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports and 1 USB 2.0 port.System Requirements Microsoft Windows 7, 8, Vista, XP, 2000, Mac OS, or other operating systems running a TCP/IP network. Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.4, or Google Chrome 11.0 browsers or higher
It brings speeds of up to 340 Mbps. This isn’t exceptionally high, but it should get the job done for those on a budget. After all, most internet packages are under 100 Mbps anyhow. If you’re looking to upgrade your speeds in the future, though, this may not suffice.
A nice feature for the price is the inclusion of dual-band Wi-Fi, which opens up your network and connectivity options. Other upsides include WPA/WPA2, a WPA button, and DLNA sharing. Unfortunately, this router has just an 8×4 channel bonding configuration, meaning that under heavy traffic it is much more likely to slow down and affect internet speeds.back to menu ↑
- Integrated cable modem and WiFi 6 satellite system provides high-performance WiFi coverage for up to 5,000 sq. ft. and 40+ devices. Expand coverage by 2,500 sq. ft. with each optional Orbi Mesh WiFi 6 satellite (sold separately)
- DOCSIS 3.1 modem supports internet plans up to 4Gbps and is compatible with most cable service providers. Currently certified with Spectrum and Cox (up to 1Gbps), Xfinity (up to 800Mbps). Future speeds with these service providers are subject to change over time
The future is now, friends. The NETGEAR Orbi CBK752 supports unbelievably fast internet speeds with the latest DOCSIS and Wi-Fi technology.
You’ll even get a satellite extender included with this device, so your Wi-Fi coverage will reach 5,000 square feet—and you can add on more satellites if your home is bigger than that.
But with the high price tag, don’t go for this one unless you have gigabit internet or plan to have it soon. Most homes won’t need this sort of technological overkill. Still, if that’s your jam, you’re looking at your new best friend.back to menu ↑
- 8x4 DOCSIS 3.0 cable Modem Plus a built-in N450 single band (2.4 GHz) Wi-Fi Gigabit Router with four Gigabit (GigE) Ethernet ports, a firewall, and more. This product is recommended for DOCSIS 3.0 and 2.0 cable services. For DOCSIS 3.0 services, this modem provides actual Cable internet service speeds up to 145 Mbps. A Broadcom Cable Modem Chipset provides security from denial of service attacks.
- Requires cable internet service. Approved by and for use with Comcast Affinity and Xfinity x1, Cox, Charter spectrum, time Warner Cable, brighthouse, WOW!, Cable one, rcn, Mediacom and other cable service providers. Eliminate cable Modem rental fees up to 132 dollars per year. (Savings are shown for Affinity and vary by cable service provider. No cable Modem is compatible with fiber optic, DSL, or satellite services from Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, and others. Model MG7315 has no phone jack.)
The Motorola MB7315 is reliable, supports the fastest internet speeds available to the vast majority of Americans, and offers compatibility with just about every non-gigabit plan from every cable internet service provider in the US—including Comcast Xfinity, Spectrum (formerly Time Warner, Charter, and Bright House), Cox, Suddenlink, Sparklight/Cable One, and WOW—which gives you flexibility if you move or switch ISPs.
The MB7621 works well for plans up to 600 megabits per second, because it’s a DOCSIS 3.0 modem that can handle 24 downstream channels and eight upstream channels. It also includes a two-year warranty.back to menu ↑
Best Cable Modem Gateway – In order to connect devices to the web, a modem and a router are required. A modem connects to your Internet Service Provider (ISP) and receives information from them. From there, a router distributes the signal to other devices, allowing them to connect to the same network.
In the past, it was necessary to purchase the two separately. Advances in technology have made it possible to fit both into one machine, known as a modem router combo.