Best Cable Modem Router Combo for Cox – I have taken into consideration the actual recommendations from COX itself for selecting the best approved device models, together with the feedback and reviews from thousands of customers who are using these models.
Smart people (like you 😊) choose to buy their own device, which will essentially pay for itself in under a year since there is no recurring rental fee for the device.
In this article I have researched the best modems and modem/router combo devices which are fully compatible with COX for each one of their most popular Internet plans.
ROUND UPback to menu ↑
1.NETGEAR Cable Modem CM1000
- Compatible with all major cable internet providers with internet speed up to 1Gbps. Currently certified with Spectrum and Cox (up to 1Gbps), Xfinity (up to 800Mbps). Not compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and any bundled voice service.
- Save monthly rental fees: Model CM1000 replaces your cable modem saving you up to dollar 168/year in equipment rental fees.
This Netgear modem is one of the first modems to support the new DOCSIS 3.1 technology. This means 32 downstream and 8 upstream channels, offering its users the fastest data transfer.
It is an excellent choice for those wanting to upgrade from their older modems and is looking for high-speed and reliable modems. It features a polyhedron-shaped case with a black matte finish.
The modem enables live video streaming and maintains offers downloads at 1Gbps and uploads at 950Mbps at its peak.back to menu ↑
- Fast 24x8 DOCSIS 3.0 cable Modem Plus a built-in AC1900 Dual band (2.4GHz and 5GHz) Wi-Fi Gigabit Router with four Gigabit (GigE) Ethernet ports, power boost Wi-Fi amplifiers, firewall security, and more. The maximum modem speed is 1000 Mbps, supporting service speeds up to 650.
- Eliminate up to 156 dollars per year in cable Modem rental fees. (Savings are shown for Comcast Xfinity and vary by cable service provider.) certified by all leading cable service providers including Comcast Xfinity, Cox, Charter spectrum (no cable Modem is compatible with fiber optic, DSL, or satellite services, available from Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, Frontier, and others.)
Another best-seller product which will be great for the Ultimate COX speed tier (up to 300 Mbps) is the Motorola MG7700 gateway.
Don’t take my word for it. Just read the reviews of this model and you will immediately understand that this device is both reliable and high-performance (both in terms of WiFi and in terms of cable Internet access).
An Amazon customer recently stated that he uses the MG7700 in his 2600 square feet home with no dead spots in terms of WiFi coverage (of course wireless coverage is influenced by so many factors so in your own case it might be different).back to menu ↑
- Compatible with all major cable internet providers with internet speed up to 2Gbps. Currently certified with Spectrum and Cox (up to 1Gbps) and Xfinity (up to 800Mbps). Future speeds with these service providers may change over time. Not compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and any bundled voice service
- Save monthly rental fees: Model C7800 replaces your cable modem and Wi-Fi router saving you up to $168/year in equipment rental fees
Now access higher speeds through 24×8 channels and stream high-quality videos, faster downloads, and online gaming. You simply have no reason to complain.
The 1.6 GHz processor gives you high performance and bandwidth so that you are never out of touch with the world. With the dual-band combo, you stand to gain double the bandwidth. We found out that it also comes with parental control. Now, you control what your child accesses at home or your visitor.back to menu ↑
4.ARRIS SURFboard SB8200
- DOCSIS 3 1 Cable Modem best for cable internet speed plans up to 1 Gbps. Note, a 2nd IP address is required from your cable internet provider to reach 1 Gbps.
- 32 downstream x 8 upstream DOCSIS 3 0 bonded channels, 2 downstream x 2 upstream OFDM DOCSIS 3 1 channels
The SURFboard SB8200 is a Docsis 3.1 modem that is perfect for streaming Ultra-HD 4K videos and also for high-end gaming on a laptop. It showed no latency in speed during extended testing and consistently offered 2Gbps download and 1Gbps upload speeds.
The 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports allow for the creation of 2 separate home networks. This means that a single network may be used privately when guests are present. This modem supports IPv4 and IPv6 Internet protocol standards that make it great for a variety of applications.back to menu ↑
5.ASUS Modem Router Combo
- Ditch the monthly cable modem rental fees save upto $120 per year
- Certified by comcast xfinity, spectrum (legacy time warner cable and charter) and cox
Coming to the technology, the DOCSIS 3.0 is still one of the faster standards around, bolstered further by the existence of the 32 x 8 channels.
Courtesy of the maximum channels and the sought-after channel bonding technology, the modem is more than capable of reaching the highest possible speeds of up to 1.3Gbps, provided the ISP permits the same. Therefore, it wouldn’t be wrong to use this device for attending to the Gigabit internet speeds while working from your home.back to menu ↑
- Eliminate Your Cable Modem Monthly Rental Fee
- Item is Cable Modem Router and great with Cable Internet plans up to 150Mbps
Get freedom from your monthly cable internet modem rentals and breathe a sigh of relief. The TP-Link TC-W7960 wireless modem-router combo is here. It is great for cable internet plans up to 150 Mbps. It is highly compatible with Xfinity from Comcast, Spectrum, and Wow to name a few.
The DOCSIS 3.0 platform based Cable Modem Router can deliver download speed of 343 Mbps and upload of 143 Mbps without any hassle. It is your 2-in-1 networking solution. It works both as a cable modem and as a router.back to menu ↑
7.Cisco DPC3000 DOCSIS
- Charter and Cox Approved
- Bonded channels deliver downstream data rates in excess of 160 Mbps and upstream data rates up to 120 Mbps
Cisco DPC3000 using DOCSIS 3.0 platform is a simple and robust modem, manufactured for customer’s convenience. It is a no-frills device that offers 4 x 4 channels for smooth data transfer.
Purchasing this modem will save your monthly rental fee from the cable company and will also ensure that you pay for only what you are consuming. Offering 160Mbps download and 120Mbps upload speed it is suitable for connecting all of your family’s data-hungry devices.
You don’t face any issue in setting-up this modem. Its strong signal gives you an uninterrupted internet supply without any hiccups. It works like a lightning bolt, as one can access the service anywhere in a big apartment.back to menu ↑
Best Cable Modem Router Combo for Cox – Like many other Internet Service Providers (ISP) in USA (such as Comcast, Suddenlink etc), COX charges a monthly fee if you use their provided modem or modem/router combo device. The monthly fee is currently between around .
For example, if you subscribe to their Panoramic Wifi service, they will provide you a Gateway device (modem + wifi router on the same box) and charge you /month.