Best Cable Modem Router Combo for Cox – I have taken into consideration the actual recommendations from COX itself for selecting the best approved device models, together with the feedback and reviews from thousands of customers who are using these models.
Smart people (like you 😊) choose to buy their own device, which will essentially pay for itself in under a year since there is no recurring rental fee for the device.
In this article I have researched the best modems and modem/router combo devices which are fully compatible with COX for each one of their most popular Internet plans.
1.NETGEAR Cable Modem CM1000
Pros & Cons
- Compatible with all major cable internet providers with internet speed up to 1Gbps. Currently certified with Spectrum and Cox (up to 1Gbps), Xfinity (up to 800Mbps). Not compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and any bundled voice service.
- Save monthly rental fees: Model CM1000 replaces your cable modem saving you up to dollar 168/year in equipment rental fees.
- Works with any Wi-Fi router: Connect any Wi-Fi router to this modem's Ethernet port to support all your wireless devices.
- Ethernet connections: 1 Gigabit Ethernet port connects to your computer or separate Wi-Fi router.
This Netgear modem is one of the first modems to support the new DOCSIS 3.1 technology. This means 32 downstream and 8 upstream channels, offering its users the fastest data transfer.
It is an excellent choice for those wanting to upgrade from their older modems and is looking for high-speed and reliable modems. It features a polyhedron-shaped case with a black matte finish.
The modem enables live video streaming and maintains offers downloads at 1Gbps and uploads at 950Mbps at its peak.
Pros & Cons
- Fast 24x8 DOCSIS 3.0 cable Modem Plus a built-in AC1900 Dual band (2.4GHz and 5GHz) Wi-Fi Gigabit Router with four Gigabit (GigE) Ethernet ports, power boost Wi-Fi amplifiers, firewall security, and more. The maximum modem speed is 1000 Mbps, supporting service speeds up to 650.
- Eliminate up to 156 dollars per year in cable Modem rental fees. (Savings are shown for Comcast Xfinity and vary by cable service provider.) certified by all leading cable service providers including Comcast Xfinity, Cox, Charter spectrum (no cable Modem is compatible with fiber optic, DSL, or satellite services, available from Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, Frontier, and others.)
- Built-in high-speed router with AC1900 wireless and Power boost - Provides internet access for Wi-Fi devices including smartphones, notebooks, tablets, and more. 4 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports provide wired connections to Windows and Mac computers and other Ethernet-capable devices. A Broadcom cable Modem Chipset provides security from denial of service attacks.
- Wireless power boost for better speed and range - Adds high-performance Wi-Fi power amplifiers to boost the wireless signals to the legal limit, giving a significant Boost in speed and range. In addition, anybeam Performing at both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies focuses the signal on wireless clients to further enhance performance and range
Another best-seller product which will be great for the Ultimate COX speed tier (up to 300 Mbps) is the Motorola MG7700 gateway.
Don’t take my word for it. Just read the reviews of this model and you will immediately understand that this device is both reliable and high-performance (both in terms of WiFi and in terms of cable Internet access).
An Amazon customer recently stated that he uses the MG7700 in his 2600 square feet home with no dead spots in terms of WiFi coverage (of course wireless coverage is influenced by so many factors so in your own case it might be different).
Pros & Cons
- Compatible with all major cable internet providers with internet speed up to 1Gbp. Currently certified with Spectrum and Cox (up to 1Gbps) and Xfinity (up to 800Mbps). Future speeds with these service providers may change over time. Not compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and any bundled voice service
- Save monthly rental fees: Model C7800 replaces your cable modem and Wi-Fi router saving you up to Dollar 168/year in equipment rental fees
- Get up to 3000 square feet wireless coverage and 45 devices connected with AC3200 speed (up to 3200 Mbps)
- Four (4) Gigabit Ethernet ports and 2 hi-speed USB 3.0 ports give you fast wired connections to your computer, printer, game box, storage drive, and other devices
- Modem technology: Engineered with 32x8 channel bonding and DOCSIS 3.1
Now access higher speeds through 24×8 channels and stream high-quality videos, faster downloads, and online gaming. You simply have no reason to complain.
The 1.6 GHz processor gives you high performance and bandwidth so that you are never out of touch with the world. With the dual-band combo, you stand to gain double the bandwidth. We found out that it also comes with parental control. Now, you control what your child accesses at home or your visitor.
4.ARRIS SURFboard SB8200
Pros & Cons
- A Trusted Name in Home Connectivity: Better connectivity, better speed. The ARRIS SURFboard SB8200 DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem is designed to bring you superior connectivity, increase your network capability and provide faster streaming and downloading throughout your home. From a trusted brand with over 260 million modems sold and growing.
- Save Money: Own your modem and save. Reduce your cable bill up to $168 dollars per year in cable modem rental fees (Savings vary by cable service provider). Certified for use with most U.S. cable internet service providers. For a complete list see additional details below.
- Modem Technology: DOCSIS 3.1 is the newest technology available from cable internet providers. Its 10x faster than DOCSIS 3.0, provides better security, reduces lag while gaming & enables multi-gig networking (ability to run fast speeds on your copper cable from your internet provider).
- Simple and Secure Set-up: Plug-in the device, download the SURFboard Central App, and follow the instructions to activate the modem. Connect to a Wi-Fi router for networking.
- Compatibility: The SURFboard SB8200 is compatible with major U.S. cable internet providers including Cox (Gigablast), Spectrum (Internet Gig), Xfinity (Blast!/Extreme Pro) and others. It's approved for cable internet speed plans up to 1-Gbps. Check your Internet Service Provider (ISP) website to confirm compatibility.
- What's in the Box: When you purchase you will get an ARRIS SURFboard SB8200 Cable Modem, Power Supply, Quick-Start guide, and 2-year warranty card.
- Ethernet Ports: Has two 1-Gigabit ethernet ports to connect to a Wi-Fi router or other wired device.
- Dedicated Customer Support: Live Chat and Phone Support available 8am -1am EST. Product ships with 2-Year Limited Warranty.
The SURFboard SB8200 is a Docsis 3.1 modem that is perfect for streaming Ultra-HD 4K videos and also for high-end gaming on a laptop. It showed no latency in speed during extended testing and consistently offered 2Gbps download and 1Gbps upload speeds.
The 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports allow for the creation of 2 separate home networks. This means that a single network may be used privately when guests are present. This modem supports IPv4 and IPv6 Internet protocol standards that make it great for a variety of applications.
5.ASUS Modem Router Combo
Pros & Cons
- Ditch the monthly cable modem rental fees save upto $120 per year
- Certified by comcast xfinity, spectrum (legacy time warner cable and charter) and cox
- All in one docsis 3.0 32x8 cable modem + ac2600 wifi router (4x4) provides full bandwidth internet access and expansive wireless coverage
- Stay connected with 4x gigabit ethernet and 2x USB 2.0 ports for your non wifi devices like external storage and printers including support for Apple time machine
- Perfect for streaming and gaming in hd, dual bands (2.4ghz / 5ghz) featuring the latest 802.11ac 32x8 channel bonding technology deliver upto 1.3 gbps download speeds; Ac input : 110v to 240v(50 to 60hz); Dc output : 19 v with max; 3.42 a current
Coming to the technology, the DOCSIS 3.0 is still one of the faster standards around, bolstered further by the existence of the 32 x 8 channels.
Courtesy of the maximum channels and the sought-after channel bonding technology, the modem is more than capable of reaching the highest possible speeds of up to 1.3Gbps, provided the ISP permits the same. Therefore, it wouldn’t be wrong to use this device for attending to the Gigabit internet speeds while working from your home.
Pros & Cons
- Eliminate Your Cable Modem Monthly Rental Fee
- Item is Cable Modem Router and great with Cable Internet plans up to 150Mbps
- Certified for XFINITY from Comcast, Spectrum (Including Charter, Time Warner Cable, and Bright House Networks), Cox, Suddenlink, Mediacom, and WOW
- Game, stream, and download at Wi-Fi speeds up to 300Mbps
- Up to 343Mbps download and 143Mbps upload speeds (based on cable provider’s service)
- Channel bonding of up to 8 downstream and 4 upstream channels
- Industry-leading 2-year warranty and unlimited 24/7 technical support
Get freedom from your monthly cable internet modem rentals and breathe a sigh of relief. The TP-Link TC-W7960 wireless modem-router combo is here. It is great for cable internet plans up to 150 Mbps. It is highly compatible with Xfinity from Comcast, Spectrum, and Wow to name a few.
The DOCSIS 3.0 platform based Cable Modem Router can deliver download speed of 343 Mbps and upload of 143 Mbps without any hassle. It is your 2-in-1 networking solution. It works both as a cable modem and as a router.
7.Cisco DPC3000 DOCSIS
Pros & Cons
- Charter and Cox Approved
- Bonded channels deliver downstream data rates in excess of 160 Mbps and upstream data rates up to 120 Mbps
- Up to four times faster than conventional single-channel DOCSIS 2.0 cable modem
- Backwards compatibility for operation in DOCSIS 2.0, 1.1 and 1.0 networks
- Four bonded downstream channels along with four bonded upstream channels
Cisco DPC3000 using DOCSIS 3.0 platform is a simple and robust modem, manufactured for customer’s convenience. It is a no-frills device that offers 4 x 4 channels for smooth data transfer.
Purchasing this modem will save your monthly rental fee from the cable company and will also ensure that you pay for only what you are consuming. Offering 160Mbps download and 120Mbps upload speed it is suitable for connecting all of your family’s data-hungry devices.
You don’t face any issue in setting-up this modem. Its strong signal gives you an uninterrupted internet supply without any hiccups. It works like a lightning bolt, as one can access the service anywhere in a big apartment.
Best Cable Modem Router Combo for Cox – Like many other Internet Service Providers (ISP) in USA (such as Comcast, Suddenlink etc), COX charges a monthly fee if you use their provided modem or modem/router combo device. The monthly fee is currently between around .
For example, if you subscribe to their Panoramic Wifi service, they will provide you a Gateway device (modem + wifi router on the same box) and charge you /month.