Best Cable Modem Router Combo for Gaming – I hope you learned a lot through this article. Looking for the right modem router can be tricky – since users on the internet have varying opinions.
I suggest assessing your surroundings first before buying one, and you can always come back to this guide for your reference!
ROUND UPback to menu ↑
1.ARRIS SURFboard SBG7600AC2
- DOCSIS Cable Modem, AC2350 dual-band Wi-Fi, 4 port Gigabit Router (cable digital voice service not supported)
- Compatible with major U.S. Cable Internet Providers including Cox, Spectrum, Xfinity & others. Cable internet service required. Not compatible with ATT, Verizon, CenturyLink or other DSL or Fiber internet providers.
If speed is your need, this ARRIS modem/router combo really delivers. With a maximum throughput of up to 600 Mbps, this little fella can handle plenty of internet traffic. Four gigabit Ethernet ports let you plug your devices straight in for optimum speed or you can take advantage of the built-in AC2350 Wi-Fi.
While the SURFboard device can handle internet speeds up to 600 Mbps, different cable internet providers have approved this modem/router for different speed tiers. For example, Xfinity recommends it for speeds up to 600 Mbps, but Cox has lower max speed recommendations—only up to 300 Mbps. So check this device’s compatibility with your internet provider’s speeds.back to menu ↑
- Coverage up to 1,800 sq. ft. for up to 30 devices with AC1900 speed (up to 1900Mbps)
- Replaces your cable modem and Wi-Fi router, saving you up to $168/year in equipment rental fees
NETGEAR is known for its powerful routers, and the C7000 is no exception. This futuristic-looking device combines gigabit speeds with useful features to give gamers (or anyone that needs fast internet with minimal latency) an edge.
The 1.6 Ghz processor helps deliver a stronger signal and prioritize traffic for maximum speed. This is especially important when gaming, where lag and network delays can be costly. And beamforming helps the wireless signal travel farther and increases reliability so you don’t have to worry about losing your connection at a critical moment.back to menu ↑
3.NETGEAR Renewed C3700-100NAR
- Netgear Certified Refurbished product is manufacturer refurbished to work and look as new with 90 Day Warranty and email support. All accessories are included with limited documentation and additional information online. Netgear recommends to udpate the firmware for the device to be up to date.
- DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem unleashes 8x faster download speeds up to 340 Mbps faster, smoother WiFi, and works with all major cable Internet providers (Not Compatible with Cable Bundled Voice Services).
If you don’t want to spend a ton of money on a modem/router, go with this model. Whether you’re on a budget or just don’t need the fancy features, our pick for best budget modem/router is another one from NETGEAR: the C3700.
This box supports all the major US cable providers, and at a lower price than our other picks, it’s a great value. It still supports dual-band Wi-Fi for better traffic management, so even though the maximum speeds are lower, you’ll still see decent performance using multiple devices. Plus, it comes with the NETGEAR Genie app for easy management of your wireless networks.back to menu ↑
- IMPORTANT: BE SURE TO CONTACT YOUR SERVICE PROVIDER BEFORE purchasing this product. MODEL MD1600 DOES NOT WORK WITH BONDED VDSL, BONDED ADSL, OR VDSL VECTORING. PLEASE READ THE CHECKLIST IN THE PRODUCT IMAGES BEFORE PURCHASING. If you’re still not sure whether you have the right type of DSL service, MODEL MD1600 IS NEVER COMPATIBLE with Verizon, AT&T services, Comcast, Charter Spectrum, Cox, or other cable services.
- MD1600 IS A GREAT CHOICE for many non-bonded/non-vectoring ADSL AND VDSL SERVICES FROM FRONTIER, WINDSTREAM, TDS TELECOM, AND FAIRPOINT. It combines a VDSL2/ADSL2+ Modem with a full-featured AC1600 WiFi Gigabit Router to provide fast Internet to all your WiFi and Ethernet devices. DSL services use your home telephone wiring. Supplying your own modem typically saves $9.99 in modem rental fees; savings vary depending on service provider.
If all that sounds like gibberish, don’t worry—all you need to know is that this modem/router combo packs a ton of modern features into one sleek package to maximize your internet speed and reliability.
Even after all that, this cable modem/router packs one more feature that makes it our pick for best overall. Motorola calls it the “Wireless Power Boost,” but we just call it awesome. Basically this tech amplifies the wireless signal and extends its range so you can cover a larger area with a single box. This makes it perfect for larger homes or pretty much any area where you want a strong single no matter where you’re at.back to menu ↑
- JD Power Award- Highest in customer satisfaction for wireless routers 2017 and 2019
- Wi-Fi Router Made for Gamers: Leading edge 1.8 GHz 64 bit Quad-core CPU and 1G RAM accelerates loading
TP-Link Archer C5400 v2 is an advanced version of C5400, comes with a new (lower) price and a variety of smart and surprising features that attracts the attention who have a house full of Amazon Echo’s, Hue light bulbs, and other connected gadgets.
Nowadays, we see many routers adopt the aesthetically creative and sleek design to better fit in modern homes. Tp-link Archer X5400 v2 is a large black colored box with vents at the top and eight antennae placed around the device to help the Wi-Fi coverage.
It’s not something that would suit a minimalist environment but would go with office looks and gaming setups. TP-Link clearly deserves the title of the best Modem router combo.back to menu ↑
- Dual-band (2. 4 + 5 GHz) AC2900 wireless router with the latest 802. 11AC MU-MIMO technology for data transfer speeds up to 2900 Mbps
- 1. 8GHz 32bit dual-core processor optimizes network traffic and connectivity speeds from the USB 3. 1 Gen1 and 4x Gigabit LAN ports
Asus RT AC86U is a dual-band Wireless AC1900 Gigabit Router that resides at the high end of the consumer router category. All the features it comes with equates the increased performance. That’s why it is another best Modem router combo.
Talking about the build and design of the device, aesthetically, the Asus RTAC86U has taken a new turn. Unlike the previous model which laid flat, Asus RT AC86U stands still. It carries sports and slim profile with a carbon fiber looking chassis.
Setting Asus RT AC86U is a piece of cake. As soon you’ll plug it the computer will detect a new Wi-Fi router in the network settings panel and will launch a wizard set up in your browser.
This wizard will allow you to quickly open the established network names, setting passwords for each network and also setting the password for the device itself.back to menu ↑
7.ARRIS SURFboard SBG10
- 3 products in 1: DOCSIS 3 0 Cable Modem, AC1600 dual-band Wi-Fi Router, 2 Port Gigabit Ethernet Router (cable digital voice service not supported)
- Wi-Fi 5 AC1600 dual-band concurrent Wi-Fi Router with 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports
Are you search for dedicated Gigabit internet with flashy speed from your cable Internet Service provider then you are going to need DOCSIS 3.1 cable which is considered a smart and advanced feature in the modem world.
This vulnerable cable modem Arris Surfboard SBG83000 offers 2 x 2 OFDM DOCSIS 3.1 channels and provides the high-speed download of speeds up to 3.78 Gbps so you are all ready to be future-proofed to go well beyond even with 1Gbps internet plans.
Like most of the modems, Arris Surfboard SBG83000 also supports the DOCSIS 3.1 with 32 x 8 channels for max. Support throughput clearly shows that you can invest in the future without needing to jump up a higher speed plan right away.back to menu ↑
Best Cable Modem Router Combo for Gaming – What’s worse than a wire-filled mess scattered throughout your home? Almost nothing, and there isn’t an easier way to clean up that mess than by trading in your router and modem for a two-in-one router/modem device. Don’t worry about gaming and streaming. These products have plenty of speed and power.
Brands like NETGEAR and ARRIS are leading the charge, offering high-quality products that look great and perform even better. Their new futuristic standards also users to get the highest possible connection speeds and their multiple channels help to greatly reduce lag.