Best Cable Modem Router Combo for Xfinity – In other words, your modem can work with only one device, while the router will act as a dispatcher between the modem and other internet-capable devices like your TV, smartphone, printers, and much more.
Most homes or offices are used to getting the router and modems as separate devices. Though they may have reasons for that, getting a 2-in-1 device is ideal. Aside from the convenience it gives, you will love many other features that are discussed below.
A modem-router combo is often called a Gateway, and most ISPs on sign up give you the option to rent one at a low monthly fee. Xfinity, for example, gives you a $14/mo combo option; at first look, this may seem cheap, but when you punch it into your calculator, you’ll discover that in a year, you are paying almost double of what it will cost you if you purchase your modem-router combo.
ROUND UPback to menu ↑
1.ARRIS Surfboard S33
- MULTI-GIG NETWORKING: The SURFboard S33 features a 2.5 Gbps Ethernet port plus an additional 1 Gbps Ethernet port for a 2nd network
- Cable internet service required. Does NOT include Wi-Fi and does not support cable digital voice service.
ARRIS S33 is our pick for the best modem for Xfinity. This absolute beaut’ from ARRIS makes our hearts go pitter-patter. It comes with the latest DOCSIS 3.1 technology, which is just what you need to get the most out of your Xfinity Gigabit plan—even with the new speed hike up to 1,200 Mbps.
But if you want to be on the cutting-edge of modem tech, it’ll cost ya. To be fair, if you’re already shelling out for Xfinity’s Gigabit plan, you’ve probably got enough cash flow that you’re not worried about the $199.99 upfront price tag in exchange for long-term savings.
As for the rest of us, we’ll stick with the bargain modems.back to menu ↑
- COMPATIBLE WITH MAJOR CABLE INTERNET PROVIDERS: Including Xfinity, Spectrum, Cox, and more. NOT compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and any bundled voice service
- BUILT FOR ULTIMATE SPEED: Best for cable provider plans up to 6Gbps
NETGEAR is a well-established company in the internet device domain. So, no wonder they have the modem router combo to offer as well. For all those who need the best speeds, security, and great range, the NETGEAR Nighthawk CAX80 is the best choice.
This DOCSIS 3.1 cable modem router device comes in handy if you’re streaming in HD and gaming daily. You can use it with cable internet plans of up to 2 Gbps and it has up to 6 Gbps WiFi speeds, while the maximum download speed is up to 1000 Mbps.back to menu ↑
- Top Internet Speeds for all Multi-gigabit Speed Tiers - Wirecutter recommends this model as the best cable modem for people using Gigabit Internet plans. Built-in DOCSIS 3.1 and DOCSIS 3.0 32x8 capabilities give top Internet speeds for all cable Internet services.
- Save Money - Eliminate up to 168 dollars per year in cable modem rental fees (Savings are shown for Comcast Xfinity and vary by cable service provider.) Approved by Comcast Xfinity and Xfinity X1, Cox, and CableOne for all speeds including Comcast Gigabit services and Cox Gigablast. Not compatible with RCN. No cable modem is compatible with fiber optic, DSL, or satellite services, available from Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, Frontier, and others.)
The Motorola MB8600 supports up to 1,000 Mbps download speed. But since Xfinity upped its Gigabit plans to 1,200 Mbps, we suggest you use it only for Xfinity’s Extreme Pro and lower-speed plans.
If you’re living in the fast lane, you’ll appreciate how smoothly this modem streams 4K Ultra HD content and handles high-speed online gaming. And it’s durable, too, so you can expect it to keep you up to speed for years to come.back to menu ↑
4.ARRIS Surfboard SB6183-RB
- APPROVED with Comcast Xfinity, Spectrum (Charter, Time Warner, Brighthouse), Cox and more. If not sure call your cable provider to find out if approved to use. REQUIRES Cable Internet Service. Not compatible with: Verizon, AT&T, or CenturyLink
- Cable Modem only (no WiFi router). NO support for Cable TELCO options
SURFboard from ARRIS is an excellent modem router combo option in the slightly higher price tag. Still, if offers excellent features.
This combo comes with a DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem, a dual-band Wi-Fi router AC2350, and another 4-port Gigabit router. It is compatible with Xfinity, Spectrum, and COX. You cannot use AT&T, Century Link, or Verizon with this combo.
It can give you speeds up to 1.4 Gbps and Wi-Fi speeds up to 2350 Mbps. The Wi-Fi router has 4 gigabit Ethernet ports and 8 upstream and 32 downstream channels. The signal is adequate for mid and large-sized homes.back to menu ↑
- ELIMINATE MONTHLY CABLE MODEM RENTAL FEES - Up to $156 per year
- DOCSIS 3. 0 Cable Modem with 1 Gigabit Ethernet port. One (1) Gigabit Ethernet port with auto-sensing technology
This DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem router device comes in handy if you’re streaming in HD and gaming daily. You can use it with cable internet plans of up to 400 Mbps and it has up to 1900 Mbps WiFi speeds, while the maximum download speed is up to 1000 Mbps.
The 3 antennas and amplifiers boost the signal throughout the entire house. It is compatible with Xfinity and has voice phone support for use with Xfinity Voice.back to menu ↑
- 16x4 DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem plus a built-in AC1900 Dual Band (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) WiFi Gigabit Router with four Gigabit (GigE) Ethernet ports, a firewall DFS, Power Boost, and more. This product is recommended for actual cable Internet service speeds up to 375 Mbps. A Broadcom cable modem chipset provides security from Denial of Service attacks. WiFi performance is exceptionally good, even in multi-dwelling units with lots of WiFi noise from neighbors. DFS and Power Boost are key
- Requires cable Internet service. Approved by and for use with Comcast Xfinity and Xfinity X1, Cox, Charter Spectrum, Time Warner Cable, Suddenlink, WOW., CableOne and other cable service providers. Eliminate cable modem rental fees up to 156 dollars per year. (Savings are shown for Xfinity and vary by cable service provider. No cable modem is compatible with fiber optic, DSL, or satellite services from Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, Frontier, and others. Model MG7550 has no phone jack.)
The second Motorola on the list, MG7550, has a DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem and a dual-band AC1900 WiFi router with 4 gigabit Ethernet ports.
This combo should be used with cable provider plans of up to 375 Mbps. The Broadcom chipset saves you from DoS attacks, while Power Boost technology amplifies the WiFi signal which can cover an entire medium-sized home.
You can use the MG7550 with Xfinity, Xfinity X1, Spectrum, COX, Time Warner Cable, WOW!, Suddenlink, CableOne, and others. You cannot use it with DSL, or satellite services from Verizon, Frontier AT&T, CenturyLink, and fiber optic.back to menu ↑
7.NETGEAR Cable Modem
- COMPATIBLE WITH ALL MAJOR CABLE INTERNET PROVIDERS: Including certification by Xfinity by Comcast, COX, and Spectrum. NOT compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and any bundled voice service.
- SAVE MONTHLY RENTAL FEES: Model C6250 replaces your cable modem and WiFi router saving you up to $168/yr in equipment rental fees.
COMPATIBLE WITH ALL MAJOR CABLE INTERNET PROVIDERS: Including certification by Xfinity by Comcast, COX, and Spectrum. NOT compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and any bundled voice service.
SAVE MONTHLY RENTAL FEES: Model C6250 replaces your cable modem and WiFi router saving you up to $168/yr in equipment rental fees.back to menu ↑
Best Cable Modem Router Combo for Xfinity – Without a modem and router, you can’t make the best use of Xfinity internet. While the modem acts as the bridge between an internet device in your possession and your Internet Service Provider (ISP), the router helps you connect more devices to the internet.