Best Comcast Router – Renting the xFi Gateway is a less expensive option when you consider up-front costs, and it comes with customer support and upgrades as Xfinity improves its equipment. Case in point: Xfinity recently released the xFi Gateway 3rd Generation, which uses Wi-Fi 6 technology to reach speeds up to 2,500 Mbps. (The previous model reaches speeds up to 1,000 Mbps.)
Plus, you can pair the xFi Gateway with the xFi Pods to create a mesh Wi-Fi network that wraps even the farthest corners of your house in a glorious wireless connection. Just be aware that the xFi Pods are limited to speeds up to 500 Mbps. So if you’re paying for a plan with faster advertised speeds than 500 Mbps, you’ll want to use a wired connection so your speeds (and your money) don’t go to waste.
1.Google Wifi – AC1200
Pros & Cons
- Google Wifi is a scalable flexible mesh Wifi system that blankets your home in reliable coverage and keeps buffering at bay; 1 Google Wifi point replaces your router and additional points expand your network to keep the connection fast in every room
- Google Wifi gives you whole home coverage; 1 Pack covers up to 1500 square feet and 3 Pack covers up to 4500 square feet; points work together to create a mesh network for more coverage
- Intelligently works behind the scenes to make sure your Wifi remains fast so you can stream with speed
- Simple setup in a few steps; use the Google Home app to create your network and get online in minutes
- Parental controls let you manage screen time, restrict certain kinds of adult content, and pause Wifi to specific devices on your mesh network whenever you want
- Easy to control home Wifi system lets you prioritize devices check your network speeds, set up a guest network, and more
- Works with all Google Wifi points and can be added to any existing Nest Wifi system; just add more points if you need more coverage
- Sustainably designed; 49% of the plastic part weight is made with recycled material (2020 model)
- Please refer to the product description section below for all applicable legal disclaimers denoted by the bracketed numbers in the preceding bullet points (e.g. , , etc.)
If you already have a modem but simply need a Wi-Fi router, Google offers an effective and convenient solution. The Google Wi-Fi system allows you to create a mesh network throughout your entire home to connect all of your devices.
One device can cover 500 to 1,500 square feet, but you can expand to up to 4,500 square feet with three devices located throughout your home. Settings can be easily customized by using the Google Wi-Fi app on your smartphone.
Pros & Cons
- BUILT FOR FASTEST MULTI-GIG SPEEDS: Best for cable provider plans up to 2.5Gbps
- COMPATIBLE WITH ALL MAJOR CABLE INTERNET PROVIDERS: Including Xfinity, COX and Spectrum. NOT compatible with Verizon, ATandT, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and any bundled voice service.
- WORKS WITH ANY WIFI ROUTER, BEST WITH WIFI 6: Connect any WiFi router to this modem’s Ethernet port to support all your wireless devices. For the fastest Internet, connect to a NETGEAR WiFi 6 router or Orbi Mesh system.
- MULTI-GIG ETHERNET: 1 x 2.5Gbps Ethernet port for the fastest, true multi-gig Internet connections.
- SAVE MONTHLY RENTAL FEES: Replaces your cable modem saving you up to dollar 168/yr in equipment rental fees.
- MODEM TECHNOLOGY: Engineered with DOCSIS 3.1 32x8 channel bonding and OFDM(A) 2x2.
If you’re looking for the absolute fastest modem/router combo with the most features regardless of price, consider the NETGEAR Nighthawk CM2000. The modem supports download speeds up to 2 Gbps, making it more than capable of handling Xfinity’s fastest speeds.
The router also has a powerful 3,000-square-foot Wi-Fi range, and it can provide wireless connectivity for up to 45 devices. The combination modem/router’s capabilities make it the most advanced choice for hardcore gamers, streamers, and smart homes. It’s also highly rated by Amazon users, with an average of 4.3 stars out of 5, who praise its ease of use and Wi-Fi signal.
Pros & Cons
- DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem unleashes 8x faster download speeds up to 340 Mbps faster, smoother WiFi, and works with all major cable Internet providers (Not Compatible with Cable Bundled Voice Services).
- Certified to work with Cable Internet Providers like XFINITY from Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Cox, Cablevision, Bright House Networks, & More (Not Compatible with Cable Bundled Voice Services).
- 8x4 channel bonding with Gigabit Ethernet Ports for fast wired, connections USB port to wirelessly share your hard drive.
- Double firewall protection (SPI and NAT firewall).
- Product ia part of Amazon Renewed (Renewed)
NETGEAR is one of the most trusted names in the business, so it comes as no surprise that they make the best overall modem-router combos. With download speeds up to 300 Mbps, the C6250 model serves up a fast connection that satisfies the needs of a house full of streamers.
While you’ll have to pay a monthly rental fee for the privilege, the xFi Gateway may be one of the best choices for hardcore gamers and other demanding users. It also has a very robust app that lets you manage household usage by user and control Wi-Fi-connected gadgets throughout the home.
Pros & Cons
- Tri Band Wireless Internet Router for 4K video, streaming and gaming with incredible high speed, 1625 Mbps on both 5 GHz bands and 750 Mbps on 2. 4 GHz band
- Archer A20 V3 with Powerful 1. 8 GHz 64-bit CPU, three co-processors and 512 MB of RAM powers your home network. Works as a great gaming router.
- Eliminate buffering with MU-MIMO technology letting you connect more devices simultaneously. Multiple requests and accelerate loading Times.
- Range boost technology enables far reaching Wi Fi for long range coverage throughout the Home. Supported Operating Systems: OS Independent Up to Windows 10, Mac OS 10. 12 and Linux
- Advanced security: Protect your network and connected devices with a free lifetime subscription to TP-Link HomeCare featuring next-level antivirus, robust parental controls, and QoS.
- Gigabit Wired Speeds-1 WAN and 4 LAN gigabit ports bring wired speeds to the maximum and Link Aggregation even doubles it to 2 Gbps.
- Works with all internet service providers, such as AT&T, Verizon, Xfinity, Spectrum, RCN, Cox, CenturyLink, Frontier, etc.( a modem is required for most internet service providers)
The TP-Link Archer AX50 AX3000 is the router I recommend for you with the Blast! Pro plan (400 Mbps) or below.
During testing, the router reached a speed of 690.52 Mbps from 5 feet on the 5GHz network.
Other speeds I measured were 371.87 Mbps from 25 feet and 155.54 Mbps from 50 feet. Both on the 5Ghz network.
These speeds are excellent for the price and make for a perfect router for the Blast! Pro plan or below. You could even use it for the Extreme Pro plan (800 Mbps) if you find the slight loss in speed okay.
Pros & Cons
- Instantly upgraded you WiFi performance with advanced tech all while saving up to $168 per year in rental fees by owning your cable modem.
- Access the fastest cable internet plans available, with the future-proof performance of the DOCSIS 3.1 cable modem.
- Includes a built-in high speed AC3200 WiFi router with Power Boost, Range Boost, and AnyBeam WiFi Beamforming for ultra fast, reliable WiFi.
- Intelligent mobile app - Comes with a smart WiFi app for easy setup, guest network management, usage monitoring, speed testing, parental controls, network security alerts, and more.
- Reliability you can count on - A worldwide leader in technology people depend on. Comes with 2-years of free expert support from our team
The Motorola MG8702 a the best modem/router combo for the Xfinity Blast! Pro plan (400 Mbps).
During testing, it reached 518.51 Mbps from 5 feet and 272.03 Mbps from 25 feet, both using the 5GHz network.
You could even use it with the Extreme Pro plan. But then, you will not get a Wi-Fi speed of the 800 Mbps you pay for.
The MG8702 also had a pretty good range, reaching about 80-90 feet. This should be enough for a normal-sized home as long as you place the device somewhere closer to the middle of the house.
Pros & Cons
- COMPATIBLE WITH MAJOR CABLE INTERNET PROVIDERS: Including Xfinity, Spectrum, Cox, and more. NOT compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and any bundled voice service
- BUILT FOR ULTIMATE SPEED: Best for cable provider plans up to 6Gbps
- FAST WIFI 6 PERFORMANCE: Up to 3,000 sq. ft. wireless coverage with dual-band WiFi 6 (AX6000) speed (up to 6Gbps)
- VERSATILE CONNECTIONS: One 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet port, 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports and one USB 3.0 port give fast wired connections to your computer, printer, game box, storage drive, and other devices
- MODEM TECHNOLOGY: DOCSIS 3.1 and 32x8 channel bonding
- SAVE MONTHLY RENTAL FEES: Replaces your cable modem and WiFi router saving you up to $168/yr in equipment rental fees
- NETGEAR Armor protects your family's WiFi with an automatic shield of security across all your connected devices with a 30-day free trial
- SAFE AND SECURE: Supports WPA/WPA2 wireless security protocols
Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to find its max speed. Since the house, I test the cable modems only have an 800 Mbps plan. But the router did max it out and managed to reach 800 Mbps from 5 feet. It also measured 583.15 Mbps from 25 feet and 298.47 Mbps from 50 feet.
More than any other modem/router combo I have ever tried.
The cable modem is also DOCSIS 3.1, and as already mentioned, this makes it future-proof.
Pros & Cons
- No more dead zones Whole home mesh WiFi coverage up to 5 000 square feet and 60+ devices Mesh technology helps you stay connected as you roam around your home using a single network name Extend coverage up to 2 500 sq ft with additional satellites (sold separately)
- Ultra fast gigabit speed AX6000 WiFi 6 powers up to 6Gbps of streaming HD video gaming or Internet surfing and downloads Works with existing WiFi devices and new WiFi 6 devices like iPhone 11 Galaxy Note 10 and Galaxy S10
- Works with all internet providers replace your existing wifi router (separate modem or gateway required) compatible with any internet service provider up to 2 5gbps including cable satellite fiber dsl and more
- Tri-band backhaul a dedicated band between your Orbi router and satellite frees up the other two bands for maximum speed to your devices
- Easy to set-up and manage connects to your existing cable modem and sets up and customizes in minutes with the orbi app – easily manage your wifi settings at the device and network level test your internet speed view speed history and monitor data usage
- Wired ethernet ports Plug in computers game consoles streaming players and other nearby wired devices with 5 x 1 Gigabit Ethernet ports in the router and 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports in the satellite
- Safe secure and loaded with advanced technology Designed with MU-MIMO Smart Connect for one WiFi name and beamforming technologies Supports WPA2 wireless security protocols Includes Guest WiFi access DoS Firewall VPN and more
- Advanced cyber threat protection: netgear armor (powered by bitdefender) is network wide anti virus, anti malware, fraud/phishing/ransomware security on an unlimited # of devices for a 30 day free trial ($69.99/year)
The Netgear Orbi RBK852 is a premium mesh system that I recommend for you with a large home that needs good coverage. During testing, the router reached 851.86 Mbps from 5 feet and 540.76 Mbps from 25 feet.
These are two impressive results that are more than enough to watch multiple 4k movies. What differentiates the Netgear Orbi RBK852 from most other mesh networks is its satellite. It’s nearly as fast as the router.
Best Comcast Router – All things considered, the xFi Gateway isn’t a bad modem and router combo. Depending on how long you rent it, you’ll likely pay more than you would if you bought your own modem and router. But we’ve used the xFi Gateway for years and not had a problem.