Best Commercial Router – When looking for the best small business router for your needs, you don’t have to worry about it being able to handle huge amounts of network traffic, but you’ll still need something that has enough power to handle a number of employees and devices accessing the network 24/7.
Modern routers now often come with dual or even triple band connectivity, as well as a slew of other features usually found on far more expensive enterprise-grade models, while costing considerably less.
Pros & Cons
- Next gen Wi-Fi standard 802.11Ax Wi-Fi standard for better efficiency and throughput; ultrafast Wi-Fi speed 6000 Mbps Wi-Fi speed to handle even the busiest network with ease
- Certified for Humans – Smart home made easy for non-experts. Setup with Alexa is simple.
- Wider usage and more convenience 4 antennas plus 8 LAN ports to support more clients at the same time
- Commercial-grade security – AiProtection powered by Trend Micro blocks internet security threats for all your connected smart devices
- Better partner with mesh system; compatible with ASUS AiMesh Wi-Fi system for seamless whole home coverage’s support: Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Mac OS X 10.6, Mac OS X 10.7, Mac OS X 10.8
Asus has a reputation for manufacturing great consumer products and the Taiwanese firm – known for its laptops and motherboards – has been trying its hand at wireless products. The BRT-AC828 is its only business router and the device ticks a lot of boxes, even for small businesses looking for more than 10 simultaneous connections.
Granted, it is excruciatingly expensive but packs the sort of features you’d never expect from a router like an M.2 slot to plug in an SSD to convert it into a mini-NAS.
2.NETGEAR Orbi Pro
Pros & Cons
- Business-grade security with 4 SSIDs linked to 4 separate VLANs, with 4 independent DHCP servers to assign IP addresses for complete network segmentation; QoS and WPA3 latest WiFi security; capable of dedicating any SSID to 2.4GHz devices to prevent congestion
- Add-on Business VPN subscription service to enable one-step secure VPN site-to-site, site-to-multi-site connections between corporate to branch and home offices, under one corporate wireless SSID. 30-day free subscription included
- Superior internal antenna designs to boost WiFi performance by 20%
- Ultrafast AX6000 (up to 6Gbps) gigabit speed with WiFi 6 technology for uninterrupted streaming, HD video gaming, and web conferencing
If you work in an office, and you’re ready to bring your networking into the modern age with one of the best routers for businesses, you seriously need to check out the Netgear Orbi Pro.
It’s a modular Wi-Fi mesh system, but it makes some design and performance changes that specifically cater to the business user. It’s not cheap, but if you run a business where you can’t afford anyone slowing down due to slow Wi-Fi, it’s worth every penny.
3.NETGEAR Nighthawk X10
Pros & Cons
- Fast WIFI Performance: Get up to 2500 sq ft wireless coverage with AD7200 speed (Tri-band up to 800 + 1733 + 4600 Mbps - for 60Ghz band devices)
- Recommended Up to 45 Devised: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices
- WIRED ETHERNET PORTS: Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other nearby wired devices with 6 x 1 Gigabit Ethernet ports, and 1 x 10G SFP+ port.
- Loaded with Advanced Technology: Designed with a 1.7GHz quad-core processor, 4 amplified antennas, Beamforming+, MU-MIMO, Dynamic QoS, Amazon Alexa Voice Controls, and more
- USB Connections; Share a storage drive and printer with any connected device, and create a personal cloud storage to access from anywhere, using the 2 x 3.0 USB ports
- SMART PARENTAL CONTROLS: The Nighthawk app lets you manage device internet access and filter websites.
Technically speaking, the Nighthawk X10 is a consumer router but like the Asus model above, it offers features that you will usually find on business routers. As technically advanced as most routers on this list, it is rated at 2600Mbps using 4×4 MU-MIMO and has plenty of LAN ports – seven Gigabit ones, in fact. You can aggregate a pair of them to reach 2Gbps and there’s even a 10G LAN SPF+ connector for NAS access (assuming you’ve got a device that supports this technology).
Add in a pair of USB 3.0 ports and some powerful hardware (quad-core ARM processor clocked at 1.7GHz, 1GB RAM and 512MB storage) and you can see why this Netgear router will appeal to businesses as well as enthusiast-level consumers.
Pros & Cons
- 1.7GHz Dual-core processor for fast, uncompromising performance
- Powerful 4x4 802.11ac wave 2 radios with MU-MIMO and up to 2.53Gbps breakthrough wireless speeds
- Smart Connect for seamless transition between maximum speed or range
- Hardware accelerated Layer 7 traffic control and monitoring
- Dual WAN capable for load balancing and failover support
- Create advanced VPNs with WebVPN, Synology SSL VPN, and SSTP VPN capability
- US version
Get your network in gear with Synology RT2600AC’s powerful wireless capabilities and security-minded Synology Router Manager core. Designed with offices in mind, this router’s MU-MIMO support ensures more devices can connect at higher speeds. Small businesses will appreciate the strong security tools, including intrusion prevention, denial-of-service protection, and firewall management. If your company needs to support remote workers, you can even use this router to set up a “virtual office” for secure remote access to your company’s systems.
With optional multimedia add-ons, the RT2600AC can even morph into a server hosting multimedia content that can be accessed by anyone in your office. Easily stream files located on SD cards or USB storage devices.
Pros & Cons
- Provides up to 1,500 sq. ft. of WiFi coverage for 15plus wireless devices
- Works with existing modem, simple setup through Linksys App
- Enjoy 4K HD streaming, gaming and more in high quality without buffering
- Dual band Wi Fi speeds up to 1.9 Gbps (2.4 GHz/ 600 Mbps) plus (5 GHz/ 1300 Mbps)
- MU-MIMO (multi user multiple input multiple output) provides Wi Fi to multiple devices at once, at the same high speed
Do you work in an office where streaming is part of the job? Is your group’s productivity stalled due to annoying lag or buffering? With the Linksys Max-Stream AC1900 Wi-Fi Router, everyone in the office can enjoy fast, reliable wireless internet thanks to Multi-User MIMO technology that delivers Wi-Fi to multiple devices at the same time and speeds.
Simultaneously connect more than 12 devices including tablets, smartphones, 4K UHD televisions, and other connected devices using just one router. Dual-band Wi-Fi speeds up to 1.9 Gbps and four Gigabit Ethernet ports provide seamless connection experiences for the entire office. Plus, the AC1900 is equipped with Linksys Smart Wi-Fi software for easy setup.
6.Google Nest Wifi
Pros & Cons
- This product includes 2 router units.
- Nest Wifi is a scalable and flexible Wi-Fi system. These Nest Wifi devices work together to blanket your whole home in fast, reliable Wi-Fi and eliminate buffering in every room – with coverage up to 4400 square feet.
- 1 Wi-Fi router plugs into your internet provider’s modem to create your Wi-Fi network. The other extends the wireless network and keeps your connection fast to devices in every room. For more coverage, add Nest Wifi routers or points to your system.
- Nest Wifi routers are strong enough to handle up to 200 connected devices, and fast enough to stream multiple 4K videos at a time. Compatible with Google Wifi; Ethernet ports included on each router. 15W power adapter.
- Intelligently works behind the scenes to make sure your Wi-Fi remains fast. Walk from room to room on a video call with an uninterrupted signal. Nest Wifi automatically updates itself to get new features and help your network stay safe and sound.
- Nest Wifi is easy to set up in the app and compatible with most internet service providers. Easily create a guest network and share your password quickly. Prioritize devices for faster speeds & use parental controls to manage online time for kids.
- Please refer to the product description section below for all applicable legal disclaimers denoted by the bracketed numbers in the preceding bullet points (e.g., , , etc.)
- This Google Product features the Google Seal for Online Marketplace when purchased from a seller other than Amazon.
Google’s stylish, simple router offers up to 2,200 square feet of Wi-Fi coverage and ensures uninterrupted signals, even when moving around different rooms while taking business calls. The router also provides automatic updates for new features so your networks always stay safe and secure.
Easily set it up using the Google Home app, from which you can connect and manage devices in your network. The app also lets you check your speeds, share your password, among other functions. For more internet coverage, add Wi-Fi points for an extra 1,600 square feet of coverage, which also acts as a Google Assistant smart speaker—making this router perfect for Google Home users.
Pros & Cons
- PORT COUNT: Integrated 4-port Gigabit Ethernet switch and 2x2 802.11ac Wave 1 Wi-Fi
- CONNECTIVITY: Supports Dual WAN Ethernet, allows multiple Internet connections for load balancing and failover
- GUEST WIFI: Support for separate virtual local area networks (VLAN) allows you to set up highly secure wireless guest access
- SECURITY: Supports multiple VPN protocols including IPsec/L2TP, which helps users establish their VPN more flexibly
- CONNECTIVITY: Supports the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client, ideal for remote access by mobile devices
- PEACE OF MIND: Limited-lifetime warranty, one-year technical support, and free software fixes for the term of the warranty
The Cisco RV340 is the best wired router for small business available on the market today. With this being said, we need to go one step further in making something clear. This Cisco small business router is not a wireless router. It is a 100% wired router that allows you to connect network devices like printers, fax machines, and desktop computers directly to your network.
If you still want to use this router and get a wireless signal, you’ll need to purchase an additional wireless router, which kind of defeats the point. You shouldn’t look at this as a downside; it’s simply a different way of connecting to the internet.
The Cisco RV340’s claim to fame comes in the form of its reliability, durability, and security. It provides a strong, consistent signal for your connected devices with high speeds. It’s also extra durable and features a design that can be stacked, so you can use multiple of these routers simultaneously without taking up too much space.
Best Commercial Router – If you’re looking for the best small business routers money can buy, then you’ve come to the right place. In this guide we look at the best routers for small and medium-sized businesses. Any of them are also perfect for home offices as well.