Best Commercial Router – When looking for the best small business router for your needs, you don’t have to worry about it being able to handle huge amounts of network traffic, but you’ll still need something that has enough power to handle a number of employees and devices accessing the network 24/7.
Modern routers now often come with dual or even triple band connectivity, as well as a slew of other features usually found on far more expensive enterprise-grade models, while costing considerably less.
ROUND UPback to menu ↑
- Next gen Wi-Fi standard 802.11Ax Wi-Fi standard for better efficiency and throughput; ultrafast Wi-Fi speed 6000 Mbps Wi-Fi speed to handle even the busiest network with ease
- Certified for Humans – Smart home made easy for non-experts. Setup with Alexa is simple.
Asus has a reputation for manufacturing great consumer products and the Taiwanese firm – known for its laptops and motherboards – has been trying its hand at wireless products. The BRT-AC828 is its only business router and the device ticks a lot of boxes, even for small businesses looking for more than 10 simultaneous connections.
Granted, it is excruciatingly expensive but packs the sort of features you’d never expect from a router like an M.2 slot to plug in an SSD to convert it into a mini-NAS.back to menu ↑
2.NETGEAR Orbi Pro
- Business-grade security with 4 SSIDs linked to 4 separate VLANs, with 4 independent DHCP servers to assign IP addresses for complete network segmentation; QoS and WPA3 latest WiFi security; capable of dedicating any SSID to 2.4GHz devices to prevent congestion
- Flexible NETGEAR Insight web portal to set up, manage, and monitor the network, locally and remotely. 1-year NETGEAR Insight Remote Management subscription included with purchase.
If you work in an office, and you’re ready to bring your networking into the modern age with one of the best routers for businesses, you seriously need to check out the Netgear Orbi Pro.
It’s a modular Wi-Fi mesh system, but it makes some design and performance changes that specifically cater to the business user. It’s not cheap, but if you run a business where you can’t afford anyone slowing down due to slow Wi-Fi, it’s worth every penny.back to menu ↑
3.NETGEAR Nighthawk X10
- Fast WIFI Performance: Get up to 2500 sq ft wireless coverage with AD7200 speed (Tri-band up to 800 + 1733 + 4600 Mbps - for 60Ghz band devices)
- Recommended Up to 45 Devised: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices
Technically speaking, the Nighthawk X10 is a consumer router but like the Asus model above, it offers features that you will usually find on business routers. As technically advanced as most routers on this list, it is rated at 2600Mbps using 4×4 MU-MIMO and has plenty of LAN ports – seven Gigabit ones, in fact. You can aggregate a pair of them to reach 2Gbps and there’s even a 10G LAN SPF+ connector for NAS access (assuming you’ve got a device that supports this technology).
Add in a pair of USB 3.0 ports and some powerful hardware (quad-core ARM processor clocked at 1.7GHz, 1GB RAM and 512MB storage) and you can see why this Netgear router will appeal to businesses as well as enthusiast-level consumers.back to menu ↑
- 1.7GHz Dual-core processor for fast, uncompromising performance. Coverage area - 3,000 square feet
- Powerful 4x4 802.11ac wave 2 radios with MU-MIMO and up to 2.53Gbps breakthrough wireless speeds
Get your network in gear with Synology RT2600AC’s powerful wireless capabilities and security-minded Synology Router Manager core. Designed with offices in mind, this router’s MU-MIMO support ensures more devices can connect at higher speeds. Small businesses will appreciate the strong security tools, including intrusion prevention, denial-of-service protection, and firewall management. If your company needs to support remote workers, you can even use this router to set up a “virtual office” for secure remote access to your company’s systems.
With optional multimedia add-ons, the RT2600AC can even morph into a server hosting multimedia content that can be accessed by anyone in your office. Easily stream files located on SD cards or USB storage devices.back to menu ↑
- Provides up to 1,500 sq. ft. of WiFi coverage for 15plus wireless devices
- Works with existing modem, simple setup through Linksys App
Do you work in an office where streaming is part of the job? Is your group’s productivity stalled due to annoying lag or buffering? With the Linksys Max-Stream AC1900 Wi-Fi Router, everyone in the office can enjoy fast, reliable wireless internet thanks to Multi-User MIMO technology that delivers Wi-Fi to multiple devices at the same time and speeds.
Simultaneously connect more than 12 devices including tablets, smartphones, 4K UHD televisions, and other connected devices using just one router. Dual-band Wi-Fi speeds up to 1.9 Gbps and four Gigabit Ethernet ports provide seamless connection experiences for the entire office. Plus, the AC1900 is equipped with Linksys Smart Wi-Fi software for easy setup.back to menu ↑
6.Google Nest Wifi
- This product includes 2 router units.
- Nest Wifi is a scalable and flexible Wi-Fi system. These Nest Wifi devices work together to blanket your whole home in fast, reliable Wi-Fi and eliminate buffering in every room – with coverage up to 4400 square feet.
Google’s stylish, simple router offers up to 2,200 square feet of Wi-Fi coverage and ensures uninterrupted signals, even when moving around different rooms while taking business calls. The router also provides automatic updates for new features so your networks always stay safe and secure.
Easily set it up using the Google Home app, from which you can connect and manage devices in your network. The app also lets you check your speeds, share your password, among other functions. For more internet coverage, add Wi-Fi points for an extra 1,600 square feet of coverage, which also acts as a Google Assistant smart speaker—making this router perfect for Google Home users.back to menu ↑
- PORT COUNT: Integrated 4-port Gigabit Ethernet switch and 2x2 802. 11ac Wave 1 Wi-Fi
- CONNECTIVITY: Supports Dual WAN Ethernet; allows multiple Internet connections for load balancing and failover
The Cisco RV340 is the best wired router for small business available on the market today. With this being said, we need to go one step further in making something clear. This Cisco small business router is not a wireless router. It is a 100% wired router that allows you to connect network devices like printers, fax machines, and desktop computers directly to your network.
If you still want to use this router and get a wireless signal, you’ll need to purchase an additional wireless router, which kind of defeats the point. You shouldn’t look at this as a downside; it’s simply a different way of connecting to the internet.
The Cisco RV340’s claim to fame comes in the form of its reliability, durability, and security. It provides a strong, consistent signal for your connected devices with high speeds. It’s also extra durable and features a design that can be stacked, so you can use multiple of these routers simultaneously without taking up too much space.back to menu ↑
Best Commercial Router – If you’re looking for the best small business routers money can buy, then you’ve come to the right place. In this guide we look at the best routers for small and medium-sized businesses. Any of them are also perfect for home offices as well.