Best Cox Compatible Modem – Not only would you use underpowered equipment (modem & router), but you’ll also pay extra for it in the form of rental. Also, you’ll not own them after your term ends! So why be stuck with slow modems, pay extra and not own them? When can you get a better one for a good price?
Whether you’re a working professional or a professional gamer who live streams gameplay or a college student studying in the fields such as business, art, medical, law, or nursing. These modems are highly reliable for your diverse researches and academic tasks. It’ll help you establish consistent and faster internet connectivity. The same can come in handy when attending online lectures.
ROUND UPback to menu ↑
- This 16x4 DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem provides speeds up to 686 Mbps, sixteen times faster than DOCSIS 2.0. A Full-Band Capture digital tuner ensures a faster, more reliable Internet.
- Cable modem's Ethernet port connects to a computer, HDTV, game station, or wireless router. (This Model MB7420 cable modem does NOT have a built-in wireless router and does not have a telephone adapter or phone jack. The Motorola MG7310, MG7315, MG7540 and MG7550 have a built-in wireless router.)
Reminiscent of Eve from Wall-E, the MOTOROLA MB7420 sports a friendly black and white look. There’s not much to say about this modem beyond that—or about any other cable modem, for that matter.
Unlike a lot of other flashy tech, modems are relatively simple in function. They work for the speeds they’re designed to support.
Because of this simplicity, you can sub out this modem out for just about any 16×4 channel modem from reputable brands like MOTOROLA, ARRIS, and Netgear. Look for good reviews, and then choose the best bargain.back to menu ↑
- Save monthly rental fees: Model CM500 replaces your cable modem, saving you up to $168/yr in equipment rental fees.
- Speeds by carrier: Spectrum (up to 400Mbps), Xfinity (up to 200Mbps), Cox (up to 150Mbps).
The NETGEAR CM500 High Speed Cable Modem provides a connection to high-speed cable Internet with speeds up to 680Mbps. It is CableLabs® certified and with DOCSIS® 3.0 is 16X faster than 2.0. A Gigabit Ethernet port provides faster access and downloads.
Up to 680 Mbps download and upload 4k streaming speed for streaming HD videos, faster downloads, and high-speed online gaming, Ideal for XFINITY Internet Blast and Extreme Customers & Time Warner Maxx customers (up to Ultimate 300 plans)
Fast self-activation Comcast for XFINITY customers—Get connected without a service call, CableLabs® DOCSIS® 3.0 certified to work with U.S. cable Internet providers like XFINITY®, Spectrum, Cox, Cablevision & more (not compatible with Cable bundled voice services)back to menu ↑
3.ARRIS SURFboard SB6190
- Compatible with major U.S. Cable Internet Providers including Cox, Spectrum, Xfinity & others. Not compatible with ATT, Verizon, CenturyLink or other DSL or Fiber internet providers.
- DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem best for cable internet speed plans up to 800 Mbps. Easily setup your modem with the SURFboard Central app
The ARRIS SURFboard SB6190 works with cable internet plans up to 600 Mbps. And since the Cox Internet Ultimate plan has download speeds only up to 500 Mbps, this modem is the right fit if you have that plan.
If you downgrade to any of Cox’s smaller plans or switch to a similar plan at another cable internet provider like Xfinity or Spectrum, this modem will still work fine.back to menu ↑
- Compatible with all major cable internet providers: Including certification by Xfinity by Comcast, COX, and Spectrum. Not compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and any bundled voice service.
- Save monthly rental fees: Model CM700 replaces your cable modem saving you up to 168 Dollars/year in equipment rental fees.
If you are actively looking for a competent mid-range modem for Cox internet plans, there aren’t many options as good as the Netgear CM700. What works in favor of this modem is the advanced Quality of Service that helps prioritize select traffic requests, specifically for speeding up certain processes.
At the core, Netgear CM700 houses a reliable quad-core processor that can clock at speeds of up to 1.6GHz. This enhancement cuts through congestion and helps with the additional workload experienced through the peak hours.back to menu ↑
5.ARRIS SURFboard SB8200
- DOCSIS 3 1 Cable Modem best for cable internet speed plans up to 1 Gbps. Note, a 2nd IP address is required from your cable internet provider to reach 1 Gbps.
- 32 downstream x 8 upstream DOCSIS 3 0 bonded channels, 2 downstream x 2 upstream OFDM DOCSIS 3 1 channels
The SURFboard SB8200 is a Docsis 3.1 modem that is perfect for streaming Ultra-HD 4K videos and also for high-end gaming on a laptop. It showed no latency in speed during extended testing and consistently offered 2Gbps download and 1Gbps upload speeds.
The 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports allow for the creation of 2 separate home networks. This means that a single network may be used privately when guests are present. This modem supports IPv4 and IPv6 Internet protocol standards that make it great for a variety of applications.back to menu ↑
- Compatible with all major cable internet providers with internet speed up to 1Gbps. Currently certified with Spectrum and Cox (up to 1Gbps), Xfinity (up to 800Mbps). Not compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and any bundled voice service.
- Save monthly rental fees: Model CM1000 replaces your cable modem saving you up to dollar 168/year in equipment rental fees.
This Netgear modem is one of the first modems to support the new DOCSIS 3.1 technology. This means 32 downstream and 8 upstream channels, offering its users the fastest data transfer.
It is an excellent choice for those wanting to upgrade from their older modems and is looking for high-speed and reliable modems. It features a polyhedron-shaped case with a black matte finish.
The modem enables live video streaming and maintains offers downloads at 1Gbps and uploads at 950Mbps at its peak.back to menu ↑
- Gigabit WiFi for 8K Streaming – Up to 5400 Mbps WiFi for faster browsing, streaming, gaming and downloading, all at the same time
- Full Featured WiFi 6 Router– Equipped with 4T4R and HE160 technologies on the 5 GHz band to enable max 4.8 Gbps ultra-fast connections.Power:12 V ⎓ 2.5 A
Get freedom from your monthly cable internet modem rentals and breathe a sigh of relief. The TP-Link TC-W7960 wireless modem-router combo is here. It is great for cable internet plans up to 150 Mbps. It is highly compatible with Xfinity from Comcast, Spectrum, and Wow to name a few.
The DOCSIS 3.0 platform based Cable Modem Router can deliver download speed of 343 Mbps and upload of 143 Mbps without any hassle. It is your 2-in-1 networking solution. It works both as a cable modem and as a router.back to menu ↑
Best Cox Compatible Modem – For those who don’t know, Cox Cable is the 3rd largest ISP in the US. It offers high-speed data to almost 7 million homes across the country. If you are a subscriber, it is perhaps not advisable for you to go with the modem and router option that they provide. But WHY?