Best Dd-Wrt Router Under 100 – Wireless connectivity in our home has already become one of our most basic needs. However, as we have more complex devices and technologies, our needs change as well.
Up until now, just about every router did the trick for most of us. We didn’t mind limiting the range of features we expected from a router as long as we had a quality internet connection. But now we have a lot of opportunities to make upgrades, especially with DD-WRT routers.
ROUND UPback to menu ↑
1.NETGEAR Nighthawk X6
- Recommended for up to 50 devices: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices.
- Wired Ethernet ports: plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other nearby wired devices with 4 x 1 gigabit Ethernet ports.
The NETGEAR Nighthawk X6 AC3200 is an upgraded and versatile router. With tri-band operations and Genie software, this best DD-WRT router beats all. The interface for both installation and overall performance is very impressive. I loved the high-grade security this router offers to most users.
The best part about this router is the fact that it offers 3,200 Mbps bandwidth no matter when. It even boasts of both manual and automatic configurations.
Starting with the design of the router, it offers a sleek and angular build. The geometrically lined grille has a neat, beast-like appearance. The 13 LEDs at the bottom provide clear notifications for when the bands and ports are activated. Lastly, the six durable antennas help achieve great signal for speedy performance.back to menu ↑
2.ASUS ROG Rapture
- Tri-band (dual 5 GHz, single 2.4 GHz) AC5300 wireless router with the latest 802.11ac 4x4 MU-MIMO technology for maximum throughput (5334 Mbps) and coverage (up to 5,000 sq. ft.)
- 1.8GHz 64bit Quad-Core processor maximizes data throughput from 8-ports and dual USB 3.0 for optimizing network traffic and connectivity speeds 3. VPN Fusion enables you to run a VPN and ordinary internet connection simultaneously, effectively maximizing your connection speed to gaming servers (available via firmware update)
The ASUS AC5300 Wireless boasts of dynamic technical features. When it comes to wireless connectivity and specifications, it’s a fair competitor.
The external eight antennas offer high-quality performance while eliminating collisions. Such acceleration in transfer rates helps this best DD-WRT router every time. All thanks to the 4T4R configuration of the antennas.
That said, this router would be perfect for hardcore gamers. It features MU-MIMO technology that offers multiple user input and output. Consider this beast as something you’d use to specialize in gaming on a whole new level. It supports 4K video streaming, whether you’re using it at home or in the office. It features dual USB ports with a transfer rate capacity of 5-GHz.back to menu ↑
- AC1900 WIFI SPEEDS Up to 600Mbps on 2.4GHz and 1300Mbps on 5GHz
- DUAL BAND WIFI—Faster connections to more Wi Fi networks.System Requirements: Windows OS or Mac OS computer. Best performance with USB 3.0; compatible with USB 2.0 Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 10, (32/64 bit). Mac OS X 10.8.3 or later
There’s nothing about the NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 that you won’t love. It features 1900 Mbps Wi-Fi capacity, thanks to its dual-core 1-GHz processor. It’s one of the best deals to find. Especially if you’re looking for beamforming reliability and 100% robust streaming prioritization.
This best DD-WRT router is the exemplary model for its Dynamic QoS streaming features. It comes with durable amplifiers and active external antennas.
The user-friendly interface, cutting-edge performance, and skill are hard to beat. Not to mention, the 100% wireless coverage makes it perfect for all types of gaming. If that’s what you’re into!back to menu ↑
- 600Mbps of total available bandwidth, which includes 300Mbps at 2.4GHz and 300Mbps at 5GHz
- 2 external detachable dual band antennas allow for better alignment and stronger antenna upgrades
TP-Link is popular for offering cost-effective products to everyone. The TP-Link N600 is yet another stellar creation with dual-band connection. It comes with a 300 Mbps range with 2.4-GHz and 5-GHz processing power. It offers dual USB ports, 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports, and a WPS button.
You can transfer and print media easily over the internet. The gigabit ports provide seamless and speedy transfer speeds. And thanks to the WAN to LAN throughput, this router offers blazing fast performance. Another one of its convincing benefits is acting as an FTP server. So this keeps the router secure and efficient right out of the box.back to menu ↑
- Ultimate Wi-Fi performance with AC3200 Tri Band speeds (1 x 600 Mbps in 2.4GHz + 2 x 1300 Mbps in 5GHz) to support more connected Wi-Fi devices to your high speed home network
- Enjoy 4K/HD video and online gaming simultaneously with 3 x 3 data streams and 6 high performance antennas
Ever used a tri-band DD-WRT router with blazing fast internet? The D-Link AC3200 offers dual 1,300 Mbps and dual 600 Mbps. This is possible because of its three high-powered wireless bands. A beast it rightfully is but not without a proper price tag.
It offers better design and performance. And I’m confident you’ll love its attractive shape and glossy finish. The ventilation is plenty to keep the internal hardware under normal temperature. Regardless of its upgraded hardware feature, heating is not going to be a problem.back to menu ↑
This router offers higher-grade network storage performance than some NAS servers. This makes it worth the custom firmware installation. The interface is tedious to follow, especially when you’re a newcomer to DD-WRT routers. But the setup instructions guide gets you through anyhow. As for the nerdy features, this wireless router offers them all.
It offers incredible memory for high-speed streaming and data transfers. The four external adjustable antennas promise better signal strength and coverage. It boosts the dual-band connection for multiple users. Plus, the overall design has a solid feel to it for long-lasting use.back to menu ↑
- 450 Mbps + 975 Mbps
- Simultaneous dual band 2.4GHz & 5GHzDual-Core 800MHz processor delivers high-performance connectivityUSB 3.0 port
The Netgear AC1450 is a smart and efficient DD-WRT router. It offers dual-band fast data streaming properties. Supporting 475 Mbps at 2.4-GHz and 975 Mbps at 5-GHz, this router is built to last. In addition to the wireless range, the 802.11ac compatibility is also very impressive.
Not only that, but this best DD-WRT router also supports 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi ranges. The auto-sensing technology and dual-core processor work together to offer you better connectivity. How? The gigabit Ethernet ports, WAN port, and USB ports feature enhanced speed and range.back to menu ↑
Best Dd-Wrt Router Under 100 – These devices feature the open-source Linux operating system and offer a wide variety of useful features. DD-WRT routers allow us to increase the quality of our internet service, prioritize certain connections and more importantly, make constant use of VPN possible through OpenVPN.
OpenVPN allows you to create VPN connections quickly and easily. Furthermore, you can connect multiple devices through said connection and enjoy numerous benefits.