Best Dd-wrt Router – Before we get started, let’s answer some common doubts. First of all, yes – it’s true that DD-WRT routers can be quite expensive. However, we fully understand that our readers want options for different budgets and routers suitable for different needs.
That’s the reason why we’ll go over a sizeable list of the best DD-WRT routers, providing answers to all your questions. And also, make sure to closely inspect the specs of your chosen router before buying it. This will help you make sure that you can use your Web connection up to its full extent, especially its speed.
ROUND UPback to menu ↑
1.NETGEAR R6700 – AC1750
- Recommended for up to 25 devices: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices
- Wired Ethernet ports: Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other nearby wired devices with 4 x 1 gigabit Ethernet ports
If you decide to go with the R6700, you’ll get a complete package at a very interesting price. In many ways, it’s similar to our next suggestion but also brings a few interesting compromises that average home users wouldn’t mind.
First of all, this router brings a well-known design that’s unique to routers made by NETGEAR. The company has included one front-placed USB 3.0 that can be used for external storage devices. This allows you to easily create entertainment hubs and access those from different devices. There’s also one more interesting thing. You’ll get three high-power antennas that are not only adjustable but removable as well.back to menu ↑
- Fast wireless router provides Wi-Fi coverage for your home (works with existing modem)
- Open source firmware offers advanced customization; Certified operating systems: MacOS (10.X or higher), Windows 7, Windows 8.1 (Works with Windows 10)
When it comes to the best Linksys routers, the WRT-3200ACM model is one of the top-rated. This is a real beast in terms of its performance and specs, and we recommend it to those who really want the very best.
Inside of this router, Linksys has packed a 1.8Ghz dual-core CPU, 512 MB of RAM and 256MB of flash storage. There are four Ethernet ports, a USB 3.0 port for sharing files and an eSATA port for file transfers. Aside from using the built-in software, you can install a custom DD-WRT management option to fine-tune this router to your needs.back to menu ↑
- 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Concurrent Dual-Band Transmissions for Strong Signal Strength and Ultra-Fast Connection Rates up to 900Mbps
- Gigabit Ethernet Ports for the Fastest, Most Reliable Internet Performance
At the moment, the RT-N66U is one of the most popular DD-WRT routers on the market. It’s been available for a while now and it’s price had dropped in the meantime. On the other hand, this router brings capable features that should meet the needs of above-average home users.
If you take a closer look at the RT-N66U, you’ll see that it brings support for 802.11ac – which isn’t the latest nor the fastest Wi-Fi standard. However, it can still support Web connections of up to 900Mbps, which is definitely more than what many of us will ever need. It’s also worth noting that you’ll get two USB 2.0 ports (which means there no USB 3.0 here) which should still serve you well in terms of creating a digital media center.back to menu ↑
4.D-Link WiFi Router
- AC2600 Dual band router: Wi-Fi speeds of up to 2600 Mbps (800 Mbps in 2.4 gigahertz plus 1733 Mbps in 5 gigahertz) to support more connected Wi-Fi devices to your high speed home network
- Stream, game, and more: Enjoy 4K/HD video and online gaming simultaneously with 4 x 4 data streams and 4 high performance antennas
First of all, we think you’re going to love the way this router is designed. It brings a modern design and fits nicely into any room. Then, there’s a whole series of interesting features. The DIR-878 supports the latest 802.11ac standard and can be used for beamforming. You can install it in a matter of minutes and you’ll get to use an intuitively designed Web interface through which you can fine-tune its settings.
And when it comes to its performance, you can use both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz networks, combined up to 1.9Gbps which should make any Web-related task as smooth as possible. All in all, the DIR-878 truly brings a lot of value for its price, which is why we believe this is one of the best DD-WRT routers right now.back to menu ↑
- 【WIRELESS MOBILE MINI TRAVEL ROUTER】 Convert a public network(wired/wireless) to a private Wi-Fi for secure surfing. Create a secure Wi-Fi hotspot quickly. Tethering, 3G/4G USB Modem Compatible. Powered by any laptop USB, power banks or 5V DC adapters (sold separately). 39g (1.41 Oz) only, portable and pocket friendly.
- 【OPEN SOURCE & PROGRAMMABLE】 OpenWrt/LEDE pre-installed, backed by software repository. DDWrt supported. USB disk extendable.
You are most probably surprised by the size of its router. As you can see, it’s quite small and it’s lightweight. That’s because the GL-AR150 is meant to be a travel-friendly router. As such, it can turn any wired connection into a wireless one, and reap number benefits along the way. And of course, since we’re talking about this product in our article on the best DD-WRT routers, it supports this kind of firmware as well.
You need to know that the GL-AR150 supports Web speeds of up to 150Mbps. Also, it comes with a single USB port. This means that you can also use this router with different types of external storage options. This kind of modular design is really hard to come by, especially when it comes to affordable routers.back to menu ↑
- Delivers blazing fast AC1900 speeds up to 1.9GBPS (600+1300 Mbps) for seamless 4K steaming and lag-free gaming
- Next-generation beamforming technology creates direct connections to all your devices for reliable, fast WiFi
Despite its somewhat odd design, TP-Link’s Archer C9 might just be the perfect router for average home users. It brings plenty of power under the hood as well as a few features typically found in more expensive models.
Since this is a DD-WRT router, we first need to take a look at its internals. The C9 model comes with a 1Ghz dual-core processor and has 128MB of RAM. This means that running DD-WRT firmware should not produce any issues, whatsoever. Once you decide to connect your devices, you can count on 2.4Ghz and 5GHz networks with a total bandwidth of up to 1,900Mbps – which is what really stands out here. And on top of all of this, the C9 includes USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports, which means that connecting other devices is a possibility.back to menu ↑
7.NETGEAR (R8000) – AC3200
- Recommended for up to 50 devices: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices.
- Wired Ethernet ports: plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other nearby wired devices with 4 x 1 gigabit Ethernet ports.
The best part about this router is the fact that it offers 3,200 Mbps bandwidth no matter when. It even boasts of both manual and automatic configurations.
Starting with the design of the router, it offers a sleek and angular build. The geometrically lined grille has a neat, beast-like appearance. The 13 LEDs at the bottom provide clear notifications for when the bands and ports are activated. Lastly, the six durable antennas help achieve great signal for speedy performance.
For setup, it takes not more than 5 minutes, thanks to the powerful Genie software setup wizard. All you have to do is connect the router to your computer and log into its main website. It does just about everything for you. It’s that straightforward and efficient.back to menu ↑
Best Dd-wrt Router – Without any doubt, DD-WRT routers are perhaps the best way to experience everything your Web connection has to offer. By getting a capable router and installing DD-WRT firmware, you get a whole arsenal of advanced tools that let you control, fine-tune, and optimize your Web browsing experience.
Features like parental controls and content filtering, advanced optimization for different online activities, online privacy protection, and protection against malware are just the tip of a giant iceberg. However, the big question here is – what are truly the best DD-WRT routers in 2021? Well, let us tell you – you’ve come to the right place!