Best Desktop Cnc Router – While this machine uses the same GRBL 1.1 software, Arduino platform, Toshiba TB6S109 drivers, and added Optocouplers as its predecessor, it makes huge leaps in terms of usability and safety. The 1.8” display clearly displays readouts and provides manual control of your mill without using a computer. This offline controller can also be used to home the tool head.
The 3018 PROver also has an easy-to-access emergency stop control that immediately shuts down the machine if your project ever gets out of control. Other improved safety features include hard stops and limit switches.
1.Mcwdoit 3018 Pro
Pros & Cons
- ✅【3018Pro Y-Axis Extension Kit】Do you want to get a LARGER engraving area for your existing 3018Pro CNC? Try this kit to extend the total length of the Y-axis of 3018pro from 290mm to 445mm!
- ✅【Upgraded Engraving Area】This kit can extend the Y-axis of 3018Pro CNC to 370mm (14.6") movement, 320mm (12.6") travel, easily convert 3018 to 3040.
- ✅【Simple Assembly】Please check the product description on this page, just disassemble the original Y-axis part and install the extension kit.
- ✅【Cost Effective】You can experience a bigger CNC for less money.
- 【Extra Gift】The package also includes a handwheel for you to freely adjust the position of the CNC workbench; Added blue coupling, wire collection and screws.
Mcwdoit CNC router offers all of the great qualities you expect from a router, and for a reasonable price. It is about average size, perfect for desktop use when space may be limited.
The router can be used offline, by simply downloading all of the necessary files onto a USB and then plugging that into the offline connection. The capacity of the offline tool is only 1GB, which should be enough space for most projects of that physical size, but this may be somewhat limiting for experienced users.
Pros & Cons
- A rigid laser cut 5-Ply Baltic Birch frame with SG20U supported rail system.
- GT2 belt drive on X and Y-axis and Tr8 Acme Rod mounted with an ACME Nut on the Z-axis.
- NEMA 17 Stepper Motors and Home switches on all axes with a Self-Squaring Gantry.
- 3/4” MDF T-Slot Spoil-board and includes the Makita RT0701C Variable Speed Router.
- Designed to use GRBL1.1 firmware on the Arduino Uno with repeatability of 0.002” to 0.004”.
- Assembly Required
This router has a cutting area of 610 x 610mm, with a depth of 85mm. If you have a desktop that is large enough to accommodate this, then it provides opportunities for many different woodworking projects. However Bob CNC Evolution 4 does require a significant amount of assembly before it can be used, but if you have the patience and skill then results are worth it.
The build quality of the machine is great and the frame has been laser-cut and designed to withstand frequent use without getting damaged. BobCNC E4 is a very expensive model compared to some of the others available.
3.VEVOR CNC 3018
Pros & Cons
- CNC 3018 Router Machine: CNC 3018 PRO is an upgraded version of 3018 CNC. We provide a detailed user manual, assembly instructions, and installation video for your convenience. Assemble the engraver machine according to the installation instructions. You can enjoy the delight of engraving plastics, soft aluminum, acrylics, PVC, PCB, and many more. This product does not include a laser head and can be purchased by yourself.
- Large Working Area: The effective engraving area of this engraving machine is 11.8(X) x 7.1(Y) x 1.8(Z) inches. Three refined axes are designed to achieve plane engraving. With the knob, the axes can be moved manually, which facilitates the carving tool settings. The driving units consist of stainless steel screw rods. It uses double copper nuts to clear round trip errors.
- Excellent Motor: This CNC engraving machine is equipped with three stepper motors(1.3A; 12V; 0.25 Nm torque) and 775 DC(12-24V) 24V spindle motors with a rotational speed of 10000 r/min. And the engraver supports Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Linux, macOS system, and other software to directly import JPG, BMP, PNG, DXF format files for engraving.
- Upgraded Control Board: The integrated GRBL control features full functionality and stability. And the advantages of the offline controller lies in the following ones: 1. No need to connect to the computer; 2. Arbitrary selection of offline files for engraving. 3. Manually adjust the X, Y, and Z axes position as the engraving starting point, manually turn on or off the spindle.4. High precision: less than 0.003 inches.
- Sturdy Material: The frame is mainly made of aluminum alloy and Bakelite materials, with high strength and precision. The triangular side support can improve the motion accuracy of the x-axis. Moreover, it is durable enough to withstand the rigors of all-day use repeatedly.
Vevor’s 3-axis DIY CNC machine is a state-of-the-art laser engraver that comes with a highly durable Aluminum and Bakelite frame with two 5mm acrylic baffles on the sides that allow for extra safety when the engraving is in process.
The engraving operates on 3 axes, X, Y, and Z, covering up a working area of 11.8″x7.1″x1.8″, making it easy to work with many small to medium-sized items.
In fact, the CNC router works great with many soft items like plastic, aluminum, acrylic, PVC, and wood.
It uses three 42 stepper motors for each axis, and the 775 spindle motor for the Z-axis can go up to 10,000 rpm for a good 24-volts. And each of the stepper motors supports a current of 1.3 amps on 12-volts
Pros & Cons
- Built for Power Users: Compatible with Mach3, DrufelCNC, the 3018-PROVer Mach3 CNC machine is perfect for users who are looking to build CNC skills or have had previous experience with Mach software. Capable of Canned cycles for pre-programmed actions and other advanced features not available through open source GRBL.
- Pre-assembled: It is mostly pre-assembled and no fuss with basic setup taking less than 30 minutes out of the box. Upgraded with the All-Aluminum body and take advantage of the added stability for milling a wider range of materials while also making clean up even easier with acrylic safety baffles to help contain dust and provide a safety barrier.
- Controller Board: It's suitable for Mach3 and DrufelCNC and supports the Windows system. The spindle motor interface can be connected to DC motors which can up to 100W, and also suitable for 775 spindle motors. (Please note that "3018-PROver" and "3018-PROver Mach3" are not the same model. "3018-PROver Mach3" has a similar appearance to "3018-PROver", but it works with the Mach3 system.)
- Auto Tool Zero: With one mouse click, 3018-PROVer Mach3 will automatically return to a predefined position, allowing you to easily change and calibrate your tools.
- Versatile: Capable of cutting all types of plastics, woods, soft aluminum, acrylics, PVCs, and PCBs, 3018-PROVer Mach3 can be used on a wide range of projects and materials. The open design with an effective engraving area of 260 x 155 x 35mm (10.2 x 6.1 x 1.4'') allows you to work on even larger pieces with fewer limits.
The SainSmart Genmitsu 3018-PROVer is a more elaborate version of SainSmart’s Genmitsu 3018-PRO, it features a partial enclosure that allows to reduce dust projection.
Its body is fully made of aluminium and it is designed to be easily assembled, in less than 30 minutes, according to the manufacturer. It features an offline controller with an LCD screen and therefore does not have to be connected to a computer to function.
Pros & Cons
- [PREMIUM QUALITY] - With the external dimension of 40x30x24cm (15.7"x11.8"x9.4"), frames and fixed parts are made of 2020 aluminum profiles & black injection molding material. Working Travel: 300(X)x180(Y)x45(Z)mm (11.8"x7.1"x1.8").
- [EASE OF USE] - According to the instructions, the machine is easy to assemble. Supports windows XP SP3, win7, win8, win10, (32/64) and Linux system.
- [CONVENIENT CONTROL] - Simply connect to computers via USB port and controlled by GRBL. An offline controller is also included for easy remote control without computers.
- [HIGH PERFORMANCE] - Comes with T8 screw rods driving units, three 42 stepper motors, and a 775 (12-36V)24V spindle motor with rotational speed of 10000r/min.
- [VERSATILE USE] - Used to engrave all types of plastics, soft aluminum, woods, acrylics, PVCs, PCBs, etc.
With a smooth and ergonomic design that is perfect for small projects, the Mophorn CNC Machine comes with external dimensions of 40x30x24 cm and a sturdy frame made out of aluminum and black injection molding material.
The machine can be easily assembled and features a high-quality GRBL control board, supporting a 12-volts laser, control for 3 axes (X, Y, and Z), and offline capability, which lets you operate the machine from an offline controller without the need to connect to a computer.
6.Sintron CNC 3018 Pro
Pros & Cons
- ✅【Premium Power Adapter】The Sintron 3018 Pro has brought safety improvements to the adapter, with CE/FCC/UL-approved. Strong built for heavy-duty and long usage performance, making input/output stably even when work for a long time or work with a laser module.
- ✅【Integrated】With an integrated mainboard and custom software, communication between the software and hardware is seamless by design.
- ✅【Software】The Sintron 3018 Pro uses Grbl, high performance, open-source software for controlling movement. Its dependability and simplicity make Grbl an industry standard, there's no lack of support and resources available when you get stuck.
- ✅【Versatile】Capable of cutting all types of plastics, soft aluminum, woods, acrylics, PVCs, and PCBs, the Sintron 3018 Pro can be used on a wide range of projects and materials.
- ✅【Simple Assembly】Assembly instructions are provided, but if you get stuck, Please feel free to contact us, We provide 24*7 friendly customer support.
A high-quality, robust, and long-lasting CNC Router, the Sintron CNC Pro is the perfect desktop CNC you can get for a reasonable price that will allow you to work on several different materials.
With approval marks from the CE, FCC, and UL, the Sintron 3018 Pro, signals impressive safety standards and comes with a sturdy frame made from Aluminum and Acrylic.
This heavy-duty monster has got both the right desktop size with dimensions 22.44″x18.9″x5.2″ and the right strength for long hours of work. This means you can easily get even the most intricate of patterns on your materials.
Pros & Cons
- 【Upgraded Control Board】- The new control board adds integrated driver chip, fixed heat sink and external fan, as well as a sturdy shell, which greatly extends the service life of the control board. Ensure it can long working time continuously.
- 【New Offline Controller】- Upgrade to 1G Storage Capacity! ❶No need to connect the computer. ❷Included SD card reader to write into the root directory G-code files or NC file. ❸Manually adjust X, Y, Z axis location as engraving starting point, manually open or close spindle and the module head.
- 【CNC 3018Pro-M Main Working Parameters】- Working area: 300x180x45mm(11.8 x 7.1 x 1.8”); Software: GRBL Control; Spindle: 775 spindle motor (12-36V) 24V:10000r / min; Supported System: Win 7 / Win 8 / Win 10 / Windows XP
- 【Wide Application】- ✅775 spindle suitable for carve wood, bamboo, paper, plastic, acrylic, CCL, PCB etc. Can not work on hard metal, glass, 201/304 stainless steel, jade or jewelry etc. ✅7000 m W module suitable for engrave wood, kraft paper, rubber, leather, plastic etc. It can’t engrave Unpainted metal.
- 【Easy To Install】- Come with instruction, Very easy to install. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us, we will give you a satisfactory solution.
If you are looking for a CNC with the extra power to give you high-end and aesthetically pleasing engravings, then Yofuly’s 3018 Pro CNC router kit might be the one for you.
This is because it features a 5500mW engraving output power module, which means you can use the CNC to carve out high-precision artworks in a reasonable amount of time.
With the frame material consisting of Aluminum and PF, Yofuly’s CNC router is quite durable and comes with a working area of 300x180x45 mm and a frame size of 440x330x240 mm.
Best Desktop Cnc Router – The 3018 PROver has a decent workspace of 260x155x35mm. As with the 3018 Pro, it has a robust and sturdy aluminium frame with acrylic panels on the sides to help contain dust spread. The router uses a 775 motor 10,000 RPM spindle, has a maximum power of 120W, and uses an ER11 collet drill bit.
Like the 3018 Pro, it comes with a three-month subscription to Carveco Maker subscription. This CNC router machine comes semi-assembled and it should take you no longer than 15 minutes to get up and running.