Best Docsis 3.0 Router – Cable modems are required for the modulation and demodulation of the signals with Aux cables as the interface. In layman’s terms, the modem (not to be confused with the router) changes the signal so you can receive internet.
Sadly, many internet service providers (ISPs) charge a monthly leasing fee– sometimes as high as $15– that can stack up after a while (not all ISPs have this fee though). Buying your own compatible modem, however, is a great way to eliminate this unneeded cost. Within a year, you will start recovering the cost of the modem.
- Integrated cable modem and WiFi 6 satellite system provides high-performance WiFi coverage for up to 5,000 sq. ft. and 40+ devices. Expand coverage by 2,500 sq. ft. with each optional Orbi Mesh WiFi 6 satellite (sold separately)
- DOCSIS 3.1 modem supports internet plans up to 4Gbps and is compatible with most cable service providers. Currently certified with Spectrum and Cox (up to 1Gbps), Xfinity (up to 800Mbps). Future speeds with these service providers are subject to change over time
- Fast AX4200 Gigabit speed with WiFi 6 technology for uninterrupted streaming, HD video gaming, and web conferencing
- Save up to $168/yr in equipment rental fees
- Sets up in minutes with the Orbi App; easily manage WiFi settings, test internet speed, and monitor data usage
The future is now, friends. The NETGEAR Orbi CBK752 supports unbelievably fast internet speeds with the latest DOCSIS and Wi-Fi technology.
You’ll even get a satellite extender included with this device, so your Wi-Fi coverage will reach 5,000 square feet—and you can add on more satellites if your home is bigger than that.
But with the high price tag, don’t go for this one unless you have gigabit internet or plan to have it soon. Most homes won’t need this sort of technological overkill. Still, if that’s your jam, you’re looking at your new best friend.
2.ARRIS SURFboard SBG7600AC2
- DOCSIS Cable Modem, AC2350 dual-band Wi-Fi, 4 port Gigabit Router (cable digital voice service not supported)
- Compatible with major U.S. Cable Internet Providers including Cox, Spectrum, Xfinity & others. Cable internet service required. Not compatible with ATT, Verizon, CenturyLink or other DSL or Fiber internet providers.
- 32 downstream & 8 upstream channels. Best for cable internet speed plans up to 800 Mbps.
- Wave 2 AC2350 dual-band concurrent Wi-Fi Router with 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- Setup and manage your network with the SURFboard Manager app
This ARRIS SURFboard doesn’t have fancy DOCSIS 3.1 technology like the NETGEAR Nighthawk C7800, but it will still support most cable internet speed—and at half the cost. ARRIS sweetens the deal with McAfee Secure Whole Home Internet so you don’t have to stress about viruses.
Just because you’re shelling out for fast internet doesn’t mean you have to empty your pockets for a cable modem with Wi-Fi too. Think of this modem/router as a cheaper gig solution that might not be relevant forever but will certainly last long enough to save you from leasing a device from your ISP.
3.NETGEAR Nighthawk Cable Modem
- Coverage up to 1,800 sq. ft. for up to 30 devices with AC1900 speed (up to 1900Mbps)
- Replaces your cable modem and Wi-Fi router, saving you up to Dollar 168/year in equipment rental fees
- Speeds by carrier: Xfinity (up to 800Mbps), Cox (up to 500Mbps), Spectrum (up to 400Mbps)
- Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and more with 4 x 1G Ethernet ports
- Share a storage drive with any connected device using the 2.0 USB port
Like most NETGEAR Nighthawks, the C7000 is a slick piece of machinery. Thanks to its 24 download channels, it runs smooth and fast for all your streaming and gaming needs. And that textured grate on the exterior adds an extra bit of panache.
Grab this combo box to get up to 400 Mbps of unhindered internet access—and look cool while doing it.
- 16x4 DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem plus a built-in AC1900 Dual Band (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) WiFi Gigabit Router with four Gigabit (GigE) Ethernet ports, a firewall DFS, Power Boost, and more. This product is recommended for actual cable Internet service speeds up to 375 Mbps. A Broadcom cable modem chipset provides security from Denial of Service attacks. WiFi performance is exceptionally good, even in multi-dwelling units with lots of WiFi noise from neighbors. DFS and Power Boost are key
- Requires cable Internet service. Approved by and for use with Comcast Xfinity and Xfinity X1, Cox, Charter Spectrum, Time Warner Cable, Suddenlink, WOW., CableOne and other cable service providers. Eliminate cable modem rental fees up to 156 dollars per year. (Savings are shown for Xfinity and vary by cable service provider. No cable modem is compatible with fiber optic, DSL, or satellite services from Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, Frontier, and others. Model MG7550 has no phone jack.)
- Built-in high-speed Wi-Fi router with AC1900 Wi-Fi, and Power Boost, and DFS provides Internet access for Wi-Fi devices including smartphones, notebooks, tablets, game stations, HDTVs, Amazon Echo, Google Home, Chromecast, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and AppleTV. Four 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports provide wired connections to Windows and Mac computers, HDTVs, game stations, streaming TV devices, and other Ethernet-capable devices.
- Wireless Power Boost adds high-performance WiFi power amplifiers to boost the wireless signals to the legal limit, giving a significant boost in speed and range. The router can work on WiFi DFS frequencies, unlike most routers, so it is much less vulnerable to WiFi interference from neighbors. In addition, AnyBeam beamforming at both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies focuses the signal on wireless clients to further enhance performance and range.
- Integrating the cable modem and router creates a reliable connection that reduces unwieldy wiring and power adapter clutter while conserving desk space. The vertical design minimizes shelf space and improves cooling while looking great in any home or office. A two-year warranty plus rugged lightning and power surge circuits protect your investment.
This Motorola model is an excellent choice for speeds up to 375 Mbps. Unless there’s a major sale going on, it’s usually more affordable than the other options above. The only drawback is that it doesn’t have a USB port, which is a bummer if you need to connect a printer or add extra storage.
Go for this internet modem if you have the matching speed with your internet plan and don’t have a ton of devices running at once. While sixteen download channels should be enough for most households, you may want to go for something stronger if you’re trying to run an entire smart home on it.
- Two-in-one DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem and WiFi 4 router - Has 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports for wired connections. Power Boost technology boosts the WiFi signal for quality gaming, streaming, and video conferencing
- Fast internet speed - Enjoy faster downloads, better gaming, and reliable remote working with speeds up to 343 Mbps
- Approved for Comcast Xfinity - Certified for use with Comcast Xfinity service and compatible with IPv4 and IPv6. This cable modem router does not have telephone capability
- Saves you money - Savings up to $168 per year on cable modem rental fees with your internet provider
- Integrating the cable Modem and router creates a more reliable connection that reduces unwieldy wiring and power adapter clutter while conserving desk space. The vertical design further minimizes shelf space, improves cooling, and extends product life while looking great in any home or office
If you want to get some incredible savings on the best cable modem and router combos versus your provider’s lease option, the MOTOROLA MG7315 is the way to go. It supports only lower cable speeds and the technology is a little behind the times, but it’s still kicking.
This device is the best choice for someone who wants to save, doesn’t have many devices, and has an internet plan with download speeds lower than 145 Mbps. And since this baby pays for itself in less than a year, it’s a good option when you’re just trying out owning your own modem/router.
- Compatible with all major cable internet providers with internet speed up to 1Gbps. Currently certified with Spectrum and Cox (up to 1Gbps), Xfinity (up to 800Mbps). Not compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and any bundled voice service.
- Save monthly rental fees: Model CM1000 replaces your cable modem saving you up to dollar 168/year in equipment rental fees.
- Works with any Wi-Fi router: Connect any Wi-Fi router to this modem's Ethernet port to support all your wireless devices.
- Ethernet connections: 1 Gigabit Ethernet port connects to your computer or separate Wi-Fi router.
NETGEAR CM1000 is also one of the latest cable modems, despite supporting DOCSIS 3.1, it’s not exactly a high-speed modem offering slower transfer rates than the DOCSIS 3.1 ARRIS SB8200. The company could have made this product better by using better Ethernet ports, as the current limitation for the DOCSIS 3.1 connection in this product is the 1 Gbps Ethernet ports.
If the Ethernet ports would have provided better transfer rates, then a maximum transfer rate of 6 Gbps could have been achieved. This isn’t a huge deal since internet speeds will still only rarely meet this standard, but all things being equal this costs more for less speed than the SB8200.
7.ARRIS Surfboard SB6183-RB
- APPROVED with Comcast Xfinity, Spectrum (Charter, Time Warner, Brighthouse), Cox and more. If not sure call your cable provider to find out if approved to use. REQUIRES Cable Internet Service. Not compatible with: Verizon, AT&T, or CenturyLink
- Cable Modem only (no WiFi router). NO support for Cable TELCO options
- Internet speeds up to 686 Mbps on 16 Download Channels and 131 Mbps on 4 Upload Channels, based on your cable ISP subscription. Approved for plans up to 400Mbps. Gigabit Ethernet port to connect to computer or router
- Great for streaming HD Video and gaming on multiple devices at a time
- 90 Day Warranty. ARRIS Certified Refurbished. US Technical support. ARRIS Certified Refurbished products will ALWAYS be branded ARRIS, Never Motorola! If you get Motorola branded product they are illegitimate, need to be returned to Seller and Reported to Amazon
If you want the best DOCSIS 3.0 modem and are confused about various products, then you have come to the right place. ARRIS Surfboard SB6183 is among the best DOCSIS 3.0 modems due to its great reliability and high transfer rates. The modem is priced very nicely as well and costs a lot less than an average DOCSIS 3.1 cable modem.
The modem provides 16 downstream channels along with 4 upstream channels, which is the usual specification for high-end DOCSIS 3.0 cable modems. While this version doesn’t come with a built-in router, there is a slightly more expensive version that does (although we can’t directly speak to its quality).
Best Docsis 3.0 Router – That being said, there are some– tedious– things you should be aware of. For instance, modems are only supported by specific ISPs. For this article, we will be discussing the best cable modems for DOCSIS 3.0 and DOCSIS 3.1 in this article, which is the main protocol used for cable internet.