Best Dual Band Cable Modem Router – A router/modem combo is a great way to reduce costs and clutter from cables and extra devices. Before buying a router/modem combo, make sure to take the following considerations into account.
If you are interested in some more specifics, then we have roundups for cable modems and routers that both go into a little more individual detail. (Of course, you could also choose to buy the two devices separate.)
- COMPATIBLE WITH ALL MAJOR CABLE INTERNET PROVIDERS: Including certification by Xfinity by Comcast, COX, and Spectrum. NOT compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and any bundled voice service.
- SAVE MONTHLY RENTAL FEES: Model C6250 replaces your cable modem and WiFi router saving you up to $168/yr in equipment rental fees.
- SPEEDS BY CARRIER: Spectrum (up to 300Mbps), Xfinity (up to 200Mbps), Cox (up to 150Mbps).
- FAST WiFi PERFORMANCE: Get up to 1500 sq ft wireless coverage and 25 devices connected with AC1600 speed (up to 1600 Mbps).
- VERSATILE CONNECTIONS: 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports and 1 USB port give you fast wired connections to your computer, printer, game box, storage drive, and other devices.
- MODEM TECHNOLOGY: Engineered with 16x4 channel bonding and DOCSIS 3.0.
- SAFE & SECURE: Includes parental controls, and supports WEP and WPA/WPA2 wireless security protocols.
- The List of supported "Internet Service Providers" is available in the "Compatibility Guide" under "Product guides and documents" Section
Netgear is a popular brand with a lot of well-deserved recognition for their high-quality products. The C6250-1AZNAS is no exception, and boasts excellent performance along with great configurability.
This modem/router combo brings a respectable top speed of 680Mbps, which should leave plenty of room for most people to upgrade their internet in the future. With a 16×4 channel configuration, this modem/router can provide a decent amount of bandwidth for periods of heavy internet use.
- Fast 24x8 DOCSIS 3.0 cable Modem Plus a built-in AC1900 Dual band (2.4GHz and 5GHz) Wi-Fi Gigabit Router with four Gigabit (GigE) Ethernet ports, power boost Wi-Fi amplifiers, firewall security, and more. The maximum modem speed is 1000 Mbps, supporting service speeds up to 650.
- Eliminate up to 156 dollars per year in cable Modem rental fees. (Savings are shown for Comcast Xfinity and vary by cable service provider.) certified by all leading cable service providers including Comcast Xfinity, Cox, Charter spectrum (no cable Modem is compatible with fiber optic, DSL, or satellite services, available from Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, Frontier, and others.)
- Built-in high-speed router with AC1900 wireless and Power boost - Provides internet access for Wi-Fi devices including smartphones, notebooks, tablets, and more. 4 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports provide wired connections to Windows and Mac computers and other Ethernet-capable devices. A Broadcom cable Modem Chipset provides security from denial of service attacks.
- Wireless power boost for better speed and range - Adds high-performance Wi-Fi power amplifiers to boost the wireless signals to the legal limit, giving a significant Boost in speed and range. In addition, anybeam Performing at both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies focuses the signal on wireless clients to further enhance performance and range
Motorola is another company well-known for their modem and router products. The MG7700 is the very option for those looking for an AC1900 modem/router.
Contrary to the first router on this list, the MG7700 has a 24×8 channel bonding configuration, which will come in handy if multiple devices are accessing the net at once. This router can handle download speeds up to 1000 Mbps and upload speeds of up to 246 Mbps. While not absolutely top-tier, this should be plenty for most applications.
3.NETGEAR Nighthawk Cable
- Coverage up to 1,800 sq. ft. for up to 30 devices with AC1900 speed (up to 1900Mbps)
- Replaces your cable modem and Wi-Fi router, saving you up to Dollar 168/year in equipment rental fees
- Speeds by carrier: Xfinity (up to 800Mbps), Cox (up to 500Mbps), Spectrum (up to 400Mbps)
- Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and more with 4 x 1G Ethernet ports
- Share a storage drive with any connected device using the 2.0 USB port
The next offering is again from Netgear, although this modem/router combo is faster than the last. Right out the gate, the Nighthawk C7000 brings speeds of up to 960 Mbps, which is much faster than the data plans most consumers get from their ISP’s. This overhead should leave plenty of room to upgrade speeds in the future.
As far as bandwidth goes, this router is not lacking either. With 24×8 channel bonding, this router should be able to handle heavy traffic from multiple devices and uploads will not be hindered either.
4.ARRIS SURFboard SBG7600AC2
- DOCSIS Cable Modem, AC2350 dual-band Wi-Fi, 4 port Gigabit Router (cable digital voice service not supported)
- Compatible with major U.S. Cable Internet Providers including Cox, Spectrum, Xfinity & others. Cable internet service required. Not compatible with ATT, Verizon, CenturyLink or other DSL or Fiber internet providers.
- 32 downstream & 8 upstream channels. Best for cable internet speed plans up to 800 Mbps.
- Wave 2 AC2350 dual-band concurrent Wi-Fi Router with 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- Setup and manage your network with the SURFboard Manager app
The ARRIS SURFboard SBG7600AC2 is a powerhouse modem/router, with blazing speeds and excellent bandwidth. For those willing to part with a bit more cash, this router provides unparalleled performance.
This product can handle Wi-Fi speeds of up to 2350 Mbps, which blows the other routers on this list out of the water. These speeds should effectively future-proof it, and prevent you from having to buy a new router for a long time.
Besides high speeds, this router has 32×8 channel bonding. Such a high configuration should allow many devices to access the internet, downloading or uploading data without bottlenecking or causing traffic.
- ELIMINATE MONTHLY CABLE MODEM RENTAL FEES Up to $120 per year
- Two in One DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem + WiFi Router with 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports and 1 USB 2.0 port.System Requirements Microsoft Windows 7, 8, Vista, XP, 2000, Mac OS, or other operating systems running a TCP/IP network. Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.4, or Google Chrome 11.0 browsers or higher
- Up to 340Mbps modem speed and Dual Band N450 (2.4GHz & 5GHz) WiFi speed. 8x4 channel bonding, Denial of Service (DoS) attack prevention
- DOCSIS 3.0 unleashes 8x faster download speeds than DOCSIS 2.0
- Ideal for streaming HD videos, faster downloads, and high speed online gaming
- Required for the fastest cable Internet speed tiers.Use with an N300 adapter like NETGEAR WNA3100 for maximum performance
- Compatibe with Xfinity from Comcast, Spectrum, Cox, & more. Not compatible with bundled voice services..Wifi technology:802.11n Dual Band Gigabit
It brings speeds of up to 340 Mbps. This isn’t exceptionally high, but it should get the job done for those on a budget. After all, most internet packages are under 100 Mbps anyhow. If you’re looking to upgrade your speeds in the future, though, this may not suffice.
A nice feature for the price is the inclusion of dual-band Wi-Fi, which opens up your network and connectivity options. Other upsides include WPA/WPA2, a WPA button, and DLNA sharing. Unfortunately, this router has just an 8×4 channel bonding configuration, meaning that under heavy traffic it is much more likely to slow down and affect internet speeds.
- Compatible with all major cable internet providers with internet speed up to 2Gbps. Currently certified with Spectrum and Cox (up to 1Gbps) and Xfinity (up to 800Mbps). Future speeds with these service providers may change over time. Not compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and any bundled voice service
- Save monthly rental fees: Model C7800 replaces your cable modem and Wi-Fi router saving you up to Dollar 168/year in equipment rental fees
- Get up to 3000 square feet wireless coverage and 45 devices connected with AC3200 speed (up to 3200 Mbps)
- Four (4) Gigabit Ethernet ports and 2 hi-speed USB 3.0 ports give you fast wired connections to your computer, printer, game box, storage drive, and other devices
- Modem technology: Engineered with 32x8 channel bonding and DOCSIS 3.1
You’ll even get a satellite extender included with this device, so your Wi-Fi coverage will reach 5,000 square feet—and you can add on more satellites if your home is bigger than that.
But with the high price tag, don’t go for this one unless you have gigabit internet or plan to have it soon. Most homes won’t need this sort of technological overkill. Still, if that’s your jam, you’re looking at your new best friend.
- Creates a Mesh WiFi network that blankets your home in super fast, seamless WiFi — room to room, wall to wall, floor to floor. Replaces your old router, works with your modem and internet service provider
- Slim profile wall-plug satellite make it super easy to extend your WiFi to any room with a standard electrical outlet, just plug it in and stream with speed
- Eliminates WiFi dead zones and buffering — 3,500 square feet of consistent coverage — at speeds up to 2.2 Gbps (gigabytes per second)
- Netgear Armor Powered By BitDefender: The world’s leading cybersecurity protects all your home devices from virus, malware, and data theft with a 30-day free trial.
- Maintains speed even as more devices use your WiFi at the same time — the difference is tri-band technology, others use dual band
- Simple setup with the Orbi app — create guest network, access parental controls, and run speed tests right from the app
- 2 Ethernet ports on the router provide a wired connection to your Smart TV and more
Upgrading your cable modem (the box that turns the cable coming into your house into an internet signal) and Wi-Fi router (the box that takes this connection and turns it into Wi-Fi) is a surefire way to make your internet experience better and cheaper, as most cable companies charge a monthly fee to rent them. The best cable modem/router combos will do the same job at a fraction of the cost of two devices, and in a far simpler way, with fewer cables and power plugs.
However, it’s not quite that simple. Not all modems work with all providers, and you’ll need to make sure the unit you buy is compatible with your cable company (e.g Spectrum, Cox or AT&T). Information about compatibility can usually be found on your cable provider’s website. If not, it’s best to call and check before you buy
Best Dual Band Cable Modem Router – In choosing the best modem router combos, we’ve aimed to provide a range of different options that cover a variety of common needs. This includes high speeds, ethernet ports, dual-band frequencies, and more.
Additionally, we’ve also taken budgets into account, detailing modem router combos that are excellent value for money as well as high-end picks for those that want to splurge on a top-tier internet connection.