Best Dual Band Cable Modem – Considering this staggering cost, it makes sense to buy your own modem router combo. Not only will it be more practical, but you won’t have to worry about additional costs charged by your ISP. Plus, it will help you to save some space if you have a small room.
Choosing the right combo will maximize the provider plan, improve download speeds so you can stream and view in HD, as well as connect multiple devices throughout your home at once. Also, you can easily change providers since you’ll keep the devices if you move or want to change your internet plans.
1.NETGEAR Cable Modem
Pros & Cons
- COMPATIBLE WITH ALL MAJOR CABLE INTERNET PROVIDERS: Including certification by Xfinity by Comcast, COX, and Spectrum. NOT compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and any bundled voice service.
- SAVE MONTHLY RENTAL FEES: Model C6250 replaces your cable modem and WiFi router saving you up to 168 dollars/yr in equipment rental fees.
- SPEEDS BY CARRIER: Spectrum (up to 300Mbps), Xfinity (up to 200Mbps), Cox (up to 150Mbps).
- FAST WiFi PERFORMANCE: Get up to 1500 sq ft wireless coverage and 25 devices connected with AC1600 speed (up to 1600 Mbps).
- VERSATILE CONNECTIONS: 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports and 1 USB port give you fast wired connections to your computer, printer, game box, storage drive, and other devices.
- MODEM TECHNOLOGY: Engineered with 16x4 channel bonding and DOCSIS 3.0.
- SAFE & SECURE: Includes parental controls, and supports WEP and WPA/WPA2 wireless security protocols.
- The List of supported "Internet Service Providers" is available in the "Compatibility Guide" under "Product guides and documents" Section
Netgear is a popular brand with a lot of well-deserved recognition for their high-quality products. The C6250-1AZNAS is no exception, and boasts excellent performance along with great configurability.
This modem/router combo brings a respectable top speed of 680Mbps, which should leave plenty of room for most people to upgrade their internet in the future. With a 16×4 channel configuration, this modem/router can provide a decent amount of bandwidth for periods of heavy internet use.
Pros & Cons
- Fast 24x8 DOCSIS 3.0 cable Modem Plus a built-in AC1900 Dual band (2.4GHz and 5GHz) Wi-Fi Gigabit Router with four Gigabit (GigE) Ethernet ports, power boost Wi-Fi amplifiers, firewall security, and more. The maximum modem speed is 1000 Mbps, supporting service speeds up to 650.
- Eliminate up to 156 dollars per year in cable Modem rental fees. (Savings are shown for Comcast Xfinity and vary by cable service provider.) certified by all leading cable service providers including Comcast Xfinity, Cox, Charter spectrum (no cable Modem is compatible with fiber optic, DSL, or satellite services, available from Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, Frontier, and others.)
- Built-in high-speed router with AC1900 wireless and Power boost - Provides internet access for Wi-Fi devices including smartphones, notebooks, tablets, and more. 4 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports provide wired connections to Windows and Mac computers and other Ethernet-capable devices. A Broadcom cable Modem Chipset provides security from denial of service attacks.
- Wireless power boost for better speed and range - Adds high-performance Wi-Fi power amplifiers to boost the wireless signals to the legal limit, giving a significant Boost in speed and range. In addition, anybeam Performing at both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies focuses the signal on wireless clients to further enhance performance and range
Contrary to the first router on this list, the MG7700 has a 24×8 channel bonding configuration, which will come in handy if multiple devices are accessing the net at once. This router can handle download speeds up to 1000 Mbps and upload speeds of up to 246 Mbps. While not absolutely top-tier, this should be plenty for most applications.
Another benefit of this router is the inclusion of dual-band Wi-Fi (2.4GHz and 5GHz), which gives you more control and flexibility when deciding between signal speed and range. In addition, this modem/router combo has four Gigabit Ethernet ports, which should be an ample amount, even for those who prefer wired connections.
Pros & Cons
- Coverage up to 1,800 sq. ft. for up to 30 devices with AC1900 speed (up to 1900Mbps)
- Replaces your cable modem and Wi-Fi router, saving you up to Dollar 168/year in equipment rental fees
- Speeds by carrier: Xfinity (up to 600Mbps), Cox (up to 500Mbps), Spectrum (up to 400Mbps)
- Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and more with 4 x 1G Ethernet ports
- Share a storage drive with any connected device using the 2.0 USB port
The next offering is again from Netgear, although this modem/router combo is faster than the last. Right out the gate, the Nighthawk C7000 brings speeds of up to 960 Mbps, which is much faster than the data plans most consumers get from their ISP’s. This overhead should leave plenty of room to upgrade speeds in the future.
As far as bandwidth goes, this router is not lacking either. With 24×8 channel bonding, this router should be able to handle heavy traffic from multiple devices and uploads will not be hindered either.
4.ARRIS SURFboard SBG7600AC2
Pros & Cons
- A Trusted Name in Home Connectivity: Get high speeds, better coverage, and a two-in-one product! With the ARRIS SURFboard SBG7600AC2 Wi-Fi Cable Modem, you will increase your network capability and get faster streaming and downloading throughout your home. From a trusted brand with over 260 million modems sold and growing.
- Save Money: Own your modem and save. Reduce your cable bill up to $168 dollars per year in cable modem rental fees (Savings vary by cable service provider). Certified for use with most U.S. cable internet service providers. For a complete list see additional details below.
- Modem Technology: DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem with AC2350 Wi-Fi Router that delivers high speed internet to your home devices.
- Simple and Secure Set-up: Just plug-in, download the SURFboard Central App, and follow the step-by-step intrstuctions to activate the modem, set-up and customize your Wi-Fi network, and add devices to your home network! Once setup is complete, the app provides real-time monitoring of the devices on your network, enhanced parental controls like setting time limits and pausing internet and much more.
- Compatibility: The SURFboard SBG7600AC2 is compatible with major U.S. cable internet providers including Cox, Spectrum, Xfinity and others. It's approved for cable internet speed plans up to 800 Mbps. Check your Internet Service Provider (ISP) website to confirm compatibility.
- What's in the Box: When you purchase you will get an ARRIS SURFboard SBG7600AC2 Cable Modem, Power Supply, Quick-Start guide, and 2-year warranty card.
- Router Technology: Features four 1-Gigabit ethernet ports and delivers Wi-Fi 5 speeds up to 2.3 Gbps (2,350 Mbps).
- Dedicated Customer Support: Live Chat and Phone Support available 8am -1am EST. Product ships with 2-Year Limited Warranty.
The ARRIS SURFboard SBG7600AC2 is a powerhouse modem/router, with blazing speeds and excellent bandwidth. For those willing to part with a bit more cash, this router provides unparalleled performance.
This product can handle Wi-Fi speeds of up to 2350 Mbps, which blows the other routers on this list out of the water. These speeds should effectively future-proof it, and prevent you from having to buy a new router for a long time.
Pros & Cons
- ELIMINATE MONTHLY CABLE MODEM RENTAL FEES Up to $120 per year
- Two in One DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem + WiFi Router with 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports and 1 USB 2.0 port.System Requirements Microsoft Windows 7, 8, Vista, XP, 2000, Mac OS, or other operating systems running a TCP/IP network. Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.4, or Google Chrome 11.0 browsers or higher
- Up to 340Mbps modem speed and Dual Band N450 (2.4GHz & 5GHz) WiFi speed. 8x4 channel bonding, Denial of Service (DoS) attack prevention
- DOCSIS 3.0 unleashes 8x faster download speeds than DOCSIS 2.0
- Ideal for streaming HD videos, faster downloads, and high speed online gaming
- Required for the fastest cable Internet speed tiers.Use with an N300 adapter like NETGEAR WNA3100 for maximum performance
- Compatibe with Xfinity from Comcast, Spectrum, Cox, & more. Not compatible with bundled voice services..Wifi technology:802.11n Dual Band Gigabit
It brings speeds of up to 340 Mbps. This isn’t exceptionally high, but it should get the job done for those on a budget. After all, most internet packages are under 100 Mbps anyhow. If you’re looking to upgrade your speeds in the future, though, this may not suffice.
A nice feature for the price is the inclusion of dual-band Wi-Fi, which opens up your network and connectivity options. Other upsides include WPA/WPA2, a WPA button, and DLNA sharing. Unfortunately, this router has just an 8×4 channel bonding configuration, meaning that under heavy traffic it is much more likely to slow down and affect internet speeds.
Pros & Cons
- Integrated cable modem and WiFi 6 satellite system provides high-performance WiFi coverage for up to 5,000 sq. ft. and 40+ devices. Expand coverage by 2,500 sq. ft. with each optional Orbi Mesh WiFi 6 satellite (sold separately)
- DOCSIS 3.1 modem supports internet plans up to 4Gbps and is compatible with most cable service providers. Currently certified with Spectrum and Cox (up to 1Gbps), Xfinity (up to 800Mbps). Future speeds with these service providers are subject to change over time
- Fast AX4200 Gigabit speed with WiFi 6 technology for uninterrupted streaming, HD video gaming, and web conferencing Fast AX4200 Gigabit speed with WiFi 6 technology for uninterrupted streaming, HD video gaming, and web conferencing
- Save up to 168 dollars/yr in equipment rental fees
- Sets up in minutes with the Orbi App; easily manage WiFi settings, test internet speed, and monitor data usage
- NETGEAR Armor protects your family's WiFi with an automatic shield of security across all your connected devices with a 30-day free trial
- NETGEAR Smart Parental Controls promotes healthy Internet habits, fosters responsibility and builds trust with your kids (30-day free trial included)
- Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players and other nearby wired devices with 6 (4+2) Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports in the router and satellite
- Quad-Core 1.4GHz CPU, OFDMA, MU-MIMO, 1024-QAM, Smart Connect for one WiFi name and Beamforming technologies. Supports WPA2 wireless security protocols. Includes Guest WiFi access, DoS, Firewall, VPN and more
- Backed by a 1-year limited hardware warranty
The future is now, friends. The NETGEAR Orbi CBK752 supports unbelievably fast internet speeds with the latest DOCSIS and Wi-Fi technology.
You’ll even get a satellite extender included with this device, so your Wi-Fi coverage will reach 5,000 square feet—and you can add on more satellites if your home is bigger than that.
But with the high price tag, don’t go for this one unless you have gigabit internet or plan to have it soon. Most homes won’t need this sort of technological overkill. Still, if that’s your jam, you’re looking at your new best friend.
Pros & Cons
- IMPORTANT: BE SURE TO CONTACT YOUR SERVICE PROVIDER BEFORE purchasing this product. MODEL MD1600 DOES NOT WORK WITH BONDED VDSL, BONDED ADSL, OR VDSL VECTORING. PLEASE READ THE CHECKLIST IN THE PRODUCT IMAGES BEFORE PURCHASING. If you’re still not sure whether you have the right type of DSL service, MODEL MD1600 IS NEVER COMPATIBLE with Verizon, AT&T services, Comcast, Charter Spectrum, Cox, or other cable services.
- MD1600 IS A GREAT CHOICE for many non-bonded/non-vectoring ADSL AND VDSL SERVICES FROM FRONTIER, WINDSTREAM, TDS TELECOM, AND FAIRPOINT. It combines a VDSL2/ADSL2+ Modem with a full-featured AC1600 WiFi Gigabit Router to provide fast Internet to all your WiFi and Ethernet devices. DSL services use your home telephone wiring. Supplying your own modem typically saves $9.99 in modem rental fees; savings vary depending on service provider.
- BUILT-IN ROUTER INCLUDES 4 GIG-E PORTS, AC1600 WIRELESS, a firewall, WPA/WPA2 wireless security, IPv4 and IPv6 support, and Virtual Private Network (VPN) capability. You can plug a USB storage device into the USB 2.0 host port for Network Attached Storage (NAS) which supports DLNA Media Sharing.
- CLEAN AND EASY. This DSL modem/router combo saves space, reduces wires, and includes a setup wizard for fast, easy installation. Delivers Internet speeds up to 100 Mbps; speeds depend on the speed of your VDSL or ADSL Internet service. The MD1600 provides a high-speed Internet link for all your wireless and Ethernet devices including smartphones, HDTVs, computers, tablets, game stations, and more.
- MD1600 IS SUPPORTED by expert, friendly customer support specialists in the US with a 2-year warranty from a company you trust
This Motorola model is an excellent choice for speeds up to 375 Mbps. Unless there’s a major sale going on, it’s usually more affordable than the other options above. The only drawback is that it doesn’t have a USB port, which is a bummer if you need to connect a printer or add extra storage.
Go for this internet modem if you have the matching speed with your internet plan and don’t have a ton of devices running at once. While sixteen download channels should be enough for most households, you may want to go for something stronger if you’re trying to run an entire smart home on it.
Best Dual Band Cable Modem – Now, you could get a simple modem and get a Fast WiFi 6 router or a WiFi Mesh System if you have a spare change. But if you want to simplify your setup and want to avoid the hassle of dealing with multiple devices, a combo is the way to go.
You most likely decided to buy a combo for the modem and router to either get rid of the ISP
costs or you like the idea of having 2 devices in one. But to choose the right one, you must know about a few elements.