Best Dual Band Router Under 100 – As ubiquitous and necessary as the internet has become, a strong Wi-Fi signal has never been as important. Multiply that twofold with the pandemic confining most of us to our homes, and we’re crutching on home networks and tired routers to handle both work and entertainment like never before.
If yours is starting to strain under this relentless load or you fancy a speed boost, then the time may have come to consider an upgrade. Most of us are spending more sparingly due to the economic uncertainty surrounding the pandemic, limiting our upgrade options. Still, you don’t have to spend a small fortune to pick an excellent router fit for purpose.
- JD Power Award - Highest in customer satisfaction for wireless routers 2017 and 2019
- Certified for Humans: Smart home made easy for non-experts. Setup with Alexa is simple
- Dual-Band WiFi 6 Internet Router: Wi-Fi 6(802.11ax) technology achieves faster speeds, greater capacity and reduced network congestion compared to the previous generation
- Next-Gen 1.8 Gbps Speeds: Enjoy smoother and more stable streaming, gaming, downloading and more with WiFi speeds up to 1.8 Gbps (1200 Mbps on 5 GHz band and 574 Mbps on 2.4 GHz band)
- Connect more devices: Wi-Fi 6 technology communicates more data to more devices simultaneously using revolutionary OFDMA technology
- Extensive Coverage: Achieve the strong, reliable WiFi coverage with Archer AX1800 as it focuses signal strength to your devices far away using Beamforming technology, 4 high-gain antennas and an advanced front-end module (FEM) chipset
- Works with all internet service providers, such as Comcast, Charter, AT&T, Verizon, Xfinity, Spectrum, RCN, Cox, CenturyLink, Frontier, etc.( a modem is required for most internet service providers)
With incredible WIFI speeds up to 1.8Gbps, the Archer AX21 handles 4K content, be it your streaming or gaming, with ease. Additionally, it can let you connect up to 40+ devices at once while keeping the performance up to the bar. It is because of its powerful CPU, a 1.5GHz processor. As a result, it enables multiple devices connection wirelessly and wired connections via LAN cables through four Gigabit Ethernet ports.
Besides, it has four external antennas and utilizes beamforming technology to strengthen the network for smooth communication between the router and connected devices. In addition, it offers MU-MIMO and OFDMA technologies that allow four times more devices to connect without compromising the speeds.
2.NETGEAR R6700 – AC1750
- Recommended for up to 25 devices: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices
- Wired Ethernet ports: Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other nearby wired devices with 4 x 1 gigabit Ethernet ports
- Loaded with advanced technology: Designed with a 1GHz dual core processor, 3 amplified antennas, Beamforming plus, Dynamic QoS, Smart Connect, and more
- USB connections: Share a storage drive or printer with any connected device or create a personal cloud storage to access from anywhere, using the 1 x 3.0 USB port
- Safe & secure: Supports WPA2 wireless security protocols. Includes Guest Wi-Fi access, DOS, Firewall, VPN, and more.
- Netgear Armor protects your network and connected devices from Internet threats; Get peace of mind knowing you have the best in class anti virus, anti malware, and data protection for all your smart devices, smartphones, and computers with a 30 day free trial
- Safe & secure: Supports WPA2 wireless security protocols. Includes Guest Wi-Fi access, DOS, Firewall, VPN, and more. System requirements: Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 10, Vista, XP, 2000, Mac OS, UNIX, or Linux. Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.4, or Google Chrome 11.0 browsers or higher
The Netgear R6700 holds the first place on this list. Compared to the Motorola MR1700, it has better features and offers better performance. However, when the range and coverage are concerned, the MR1700 will win in that segment.
Netgear R6700 is a dual-band smart WiFi router. It is capable of providing the maximum speeds up to 1750 (450Mbps using 2.4Ghz band and 1300Mbps using 5Ghz bands). The Dual-core processor is powerful enough for boosting wired and wireless performance. It lets you priortize the devices for better Streaming videos and playing HD games.
3.Google Wifi – AC1200
- Google Wifi is a scalable flexible mesh Wifi system that blankets your home in reliable coverage and keeps buffering at bay; 1 Google Wifi point replaces your router and additional points expand your network to keep the connection fast in every room
- Google Wifi gives you whole home coverage; 1 Pack covers up to 1500 square feet and 3 Pack covers up to 4500 square feet; points work together to create a mesh network for more coverage
- Intelligently works behind the scenes to make sure your Wifi remains fast so you can stream with speed
- Simple setup in a few steps; use the Google Home app to create your network and get online in minutes
- Parental controls let you manage screen time, restrict certain kinds of adult content, and pause Wifi to specific devices on your mesh network whenever you want
- Easy to control home Wifi system lets you prioritize devices check your network speeds, set up a guest network, and more
- Works with all Google Wifi points and can be added to any existing Nest Wifi system; just add more points if you need more coverage
- Sustainably designed; 49% of the plastic part weight is made with recycled material (2020 model)
- Please refer to the product description section below for all applicable legal disclaimers denoted by the bracketed numbers in the preceding bullet points (e.g. , , etc.)
Google WiFi is a whole-home mesh WiFi system. First, though, it is just a single unit that offers maximum WiFi speeds of up to 1200Mbps and coverage up to 1500 sq. ft., you can connect two more units, each with 1500 square feet of coverage, depending on the size of your home.
The company has adopted a very simple design and setup; it is very clean and compact enough to fit into the smallest space of your home. However, gamers might have a little disappointment as it has only one port to hook up your ethernet, though you can connect a switch via the additional ethernet port.
- The Motorola AC2600 router provides a high-speed intelligent router link between all your WiFi and Ethernet devices and whatever Ethernet-capable modem you choose for Internet access. The MR2600 delivers very high speeds and extended range even when you’re far from your router or surrounded by WiFi noise from neighbors. (Note that this router does not have a built-in cable modem or other type of modem.)
- Connects via AC2600 dual band WiFi or Gigabit Ethernet to all your HDTVs, smartphones, game stations, computers, tablets, and more. Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Video, gaming connections and much more can be delivered many devices at the same time through the MR2600’s 4 Gigabit LAN ports or through WiFi.
- Four external adjustable antennas provide concurrent 4X4 performance for both 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz connections. 802.11ac Wave 2 MU-MIMO technology dramatically speeds up your network, allowing high-speed communication with multiple WiFi devices.
- Implicit and explicit Beamforming targets the WiFi signal to each of your WiFi devices resulting in blazing fast WiFi speeds and extended range.
- Router features include a USB 3.0 port with DLNA media sharing support, a Dual Core processor, Smart QoS (Quality of Service) support, user-friendly firewall, IPv4 and IPv6 support, parental controls, guest network capability, and more. Expert, friendly support from the USA. 2 year warranty from Motorola, a company you trust.
The MR1700 is an excellent router in terms of the range. However, it doesn’t support the beamforming; still, you get an excellent range and speeds through the Wi-FI using 2.4Ghz frequency band. You can connect multiple devices and use them at the same time without a hassle.
At this price range, I’ll give the Motorola MR a thumbs up! As you get great range and performance with some advanced features, which you might only see in high-end routers.
- Dual band AC1300 with the latest 2x2 MU MIMO technology for combined speeds of up to 1267 Mbps
- 4 external 5dBi antennas for improved Wi Fi range and multi device performance; Connected devices must be 802.11ac compatible for best results
- Monitor and manage your network with ease from your mobile device using the intuitive ASUS Router App
- Effortless router setup with the ASUSWRT web based interface, Super Fast Wi Fi: Dual band 802.11ac Wi Fi with concurrent speeds up to 867Mbps (5GHz) and 400Mbps (2.4GHz)
- Integrated USB 3.0 port allows you to share external drives/flash drives with your network; OS Support Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Mac OS X 10.1, 10.4, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7, 10.8; Operation mode Wireless router mode, Access point mode
- Encryption: 64 bit WEP, 128 bit WEP, WPA2 PSK, WPA PSK, WPA Enterprise , WPS support
However, it doesn’t offer beamforming. It costs you lower than Medialink AC1200, under $60. You can have good control over devices as its app is quite well-designed and user-friendly.
Asus ARC13 is a dual-band gigabit router that offers combined speeds ( 867Mbps on the 2.4Ghz and 400mbps on the 5Ghz band) up to 1300Mbps. It features 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports and one fast WAN port. You also get one 3.0 USB port on the front side of the router.
- 10X’S THE SPEED: Most routers in this price range have only “Fast Ethernet” ports that max out at 100Mbps. Our router has Gigabit ports to give you 1,000Mbps for lag-free 4K video streaming & gaming.
- RANGE: Beamforming and 2 high powered antennas work together to cover larger homes by focusing the wireless signal directly to your device
- SAFE: Robust firewall and wireless security keeps out unwanted visitors while Guest Network access gives a separate safe and secure connection to guests
- FULL CONTROL: Are the router lights too bright? Turn them off! Are your kids staying online too late at night? Restrict access to only the times you want
- RANGE EXTENDER: Extend any existing wireless network using the Universal Range Extender Mode to cover even larger areas & keep all your devices on the same network
The Medialink AC1200 deserves the sixth position on the list. It is the best selling router by Medialink. Even you won’t have to pay more for this router as it can come under $70, at this price range, it can easily beat the Motorola MR1700.
Medialink MLWR-AC1200R is a Gigabit router dual-band router. Its combined wireless speeds (300Mbps ~ 2.4Ghz + 867Mbps ~ 5Ghz) are up to 1200Mbps. You don’t need to be a tech-savvy as its setup is simple and easy. It has 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports for lag-free gaming and 4k video streaming.
- Powerful Performance: Enjoy 4K/HD video and online gaming simultaneously with 3x3 data streams and 4 high performance antenna
- Dual Core Processor: Gives you powerful wired and wireless network speeds. Input - 100 to 240 V AC, 50/60 Hz; Output - 12 V DC, 1.5A
- MU MIMO Technology: For simultaneous streaming on multiple devices
- Advanced Smart Beam: Tracks your connected devices for enhanced Wi-Fi speed and range throughout your home
- Intelligent QOS: Traffic optimization delivers seamless performance for your applications
- Easy setup: Intuitive user interface for easy setup from your mobile devices and network management from your desktop
- WPA/WPA2 Encryption: Secure whole home Wi-Fi network, Minimum system Requirements: Windows 10, 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 , or Mac OS X (v10.7)
- Parental Control: Filter unwanted web content and web sites
- Guest network: Set up a separate and protected network for guests
The D-Link DIR-867 is the only router that supports MU-MIMO and Beamforming technology. I wish I could take this router in the seventh position, but due to some missing features, it was not possible. However, Under $70, it comes with some great features.
D-Link DIR-867 is a dual-band router. It is a feature-packed router and has four external high-performance antennas which ensure a fast and reliable connection. It works on a dual-core processor that provides incredible wired speeds. Besides, Its combined WIFI speeds (450Mbps using 2.4Ghzs band + 1300Mbps using 5Ghz) are upto 1750Mbps.
Best Dual Band Router Under 100 – Considering the increasing number of devices that require WiFi connection these days, it’s only natural to want a router that will bring them all together. However, choosing one that fits your needs can be confusing with all the technical specifications and ads that try to sell you the most expensive model.
Truth be told, most users don’t need the latest design that comes with mind-blowing specifications. In support of this, we decided to find the best router under $100 that would support a busy household (from an Internet traffic point of view).