Best Fiber Optic Router – Now you know about the Best WiFi router for fiber optic internet for 2021. With our list, you can make an educated decision on the type of router you actually need and want for your high-speed fiber internet connection.
Not only these WiFi routers for home help in maintaining an excellent connection but they come with features such as boosting certain applications like games or video conferences. Best Wireless routers for fiber internet can also disperse the internet signals over a long distance. If you want to upgrade your home network then take a look at our pick of the best wireless routers for fiber optic internet connection.
Pros & Cons
- This product includes 2 router units.
- Nest Wifi is a scalable and flexible Wi-Fi system. These Nest Wifi devices work together to blanket your whole home in fast, reliable Wi-Fi and eliminate buffering in every room – with coverage up to 4400 square feet.
- 1 Wi-Fi router plugs into your internet provider’s modem to create your Wi-Fi network. The other extends the wireless network and keeps your connection fast to devices in every room. For more coverage, add Nest Wifi routers or points to your system.
- Nest Wifi routers are strong enough to handle up to 200 connected devices, and fast enough to stream multiple 4K videos at a time. Compatible with Google Wifi; Ethernet ports included on each router. 15W power adapter.
- Intelligently works behind the scenes to make sure your Wi-Fi remains fast. Walk from room to room on a video call with an uninterrupted signal. Nest Wifi automatically updates itself to get new features and help your network stay safe and sound.
- Nest Wifi is easy to set up in the app and compatible with most internet service providers. Easily create a guest network and share your password quickly. Prioritize devices for faster speeds & use parental controls to manage online time for kids.
- Please refer to the product description section below for all applicable legal disclaimers denoted by the bracketed numbers in the preceding bullet points (e.g., , , etc.)
- This Google Product features the Google Seal for Online Marketplace when purchased from a seller other than Amazon.
Google has its hands on everything you can think of and like most of their products, Google Nest WiFi does an incredible job. Now that Google is out in the market with its own range of Fiber internet plans, they are trying their best to make most of your internet. The Google Nest WiFi is undoubtedly one of the best Fiber optic router Modem.
It is the upgraded version of your old “Google WiFi” router. This router comes with the capabilities of turning your connection into Google Home service. The design is sleeker and more luxurious looking from the previous model. It is a mesh router and it comes included with smart speakers.
Pros & Cons
- Connector Type : USB
- Dual-band (2.4 plus 5 GHz) AC2900 wireless router with the latest 802. 11AC MU-MIMO technology for data transfer speeds up to 2900 Mbps
- 1.8GHz 32bit dual-core processor optimizes network traffic and connectivity speeds from the USB 3. 1 Gen1 and 4x Gigabit LAN ports
- Designed for lag-free online gaming and flawless 4K UHD streaming with WTFast game Accelerator and adaptive QoS; Product Segment: AC2900 ultimate AC performance: 750 plus 2167 Mbps
- A protection powered by Trend Micro provides built-in 24/7 protection from external attacks and threats, neutralizing them before they reach your network or connected devices. DC Output : 19 V with max. 1.75 A current
- Manage your network with the ASUS router app – setup your network, manage usage and parental controls, even get instant notifications about important network-based events. Connected devices must be 802. 11 ac-compatible for best results. Ac input: 110v240v(5060hz)
Without a doubt, the Asus RT-c86U is one of the best-looking routers for fiber optic internet. In recent times Asus has made a name for itself in the gaming industry with state of the art gaming laptops and computers.
That’s not all, Asus also launched a line of gaming-specific routers. For the price it comes in, the Asus RT-AC86U outclasses all the Wireless router for Fiber optic internet.
Pros & Cons
- Minimize ping and maximize performance with four 1 Gigabit Ethernet ports for lag free, wired connectivity and 1.7 GHz dual core processor network efficiency
- Amp up your Wi-Fi with AC2600 dual band router that delivers blazing fast speeds up to 2.6 Gbps
- Put your gaming traffic in a designated express lane with advanced quality of service, bypassing network congestion and reducing lag spikes, jumps and jitters
- Make every millisecond count by using Geo filtering to connect to the closest servers and players so you can respond and dominate
- Monitor your network and game ping in real time so you can see who’s hogging the bandwidth by device and application
- Protect your network identity by connecting to a secure gaming VPN server
- Optimized to give you the lowest ping possible on Fortnite, Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, Overwatch, PubG, CS:GO, and more
No list of “Wireless routers for fiber optic internet” can be complete without a name from the Netgear. Since years Netgear has been providing users with one after another incredible wireless router. The Netgear Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR500 is on the more expensive side of gaming routers and it doesn’t come with an inbuilt Modem. Regardless of the flaws, it is still one of the best gaming router for fiber optics internet.
The “fiber optic router” is made specifically for hardcore gamers. The router makes sure it keeps the high ping and latency in check if you are playing battleground games. If you are a serious gamer then and you can afford to pay a hefty amount for router then you should buy this one.
Pros & Cons
- Whole home coverage – cover up to 6, 500 sq. Ft. With seamless, high-performance Wi-Fi and eliminate dead zones and buffering
- Aster tri-band speed for more devices – three Wi-Fi bands with dynamic backhaul by TP-Link one mesh support 100-plus devices and keeps all of them running at top speed
- Intelligent Wi-Fi network – Deco M9 Plus unites your home under a single Wi-Fi name and password while delivering the best connections as you walk from room to room
- Built-in smart hub – connects your ZigBee, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi smart home products, saving you the cost and space of extra hubs and control them all from the intuitive app
- Protect your smart home – safeguard your home network and every connected device against intruders, viruses and malware with advanced Wi-Fi encryption and comprehensive Antivirus by Trend Micro
It is hard to make your choice when there are so many Best router for fiber optic internet out there. Every device is trying to bring something new to the market.
The TP-Link Deco M9 Plus is the same kind of device, TP-Link incorporated IoT (Internet of Things) with a Wifi router, so now your router can support all the smart home devices. It also gives speed and coverage a boost.
Pros & Cons
- Business-grade security with 4 SSIDs linked to 4 separate VLANs, with 4 independent DHCP servers to assign IP addresses for complete network segmentation; QoS and WPA3 latest WiFi security; capable of dedicating any SSID to 2.4GHz devices to prevent congestion
- Add-on Business VPN subscription service to enable one-step secure VPN site-to-site, site-to-multi-site connections between corporate to branch and home offices, under one corporate wireless SSID. 30-day free subscription included
- Superior internal antenna designs to boost WiFi performance by 20%
- Ultrafast AX6000 (up to 6Gbps) gigabit speed with WiFi 6 technology for uninterrupted streaming, HD video gaming, and web conferencing
We can tell you for sure this is one of the best looking router for optical fiber connection. The Netgear Orbi Pro helps you bring the office networks into the modern era. It’s a modern Mesh WiFi router it is great for almost all kinds of internet users and usage.
This router is targeted for business-grade networks so it is more expensive than a lot of routers on our list. Still, it upholds its reputation as one of the best wireless routers for fiber optic internet.
Pros & Cons
- AC2600 Dual band router: Wi-Fi speeds of up to 2600 Mbps (800 Mbps in 2.4 gigahertz plus 1733 Mbps in 5 gigahertz) to support more connected Wi-Fi devices to your high speed home network
- Stream, game, and more: Enjoy 4K/HD video and online gaming simultaneously with 4 x 4 data streams and 4 high performance antennas
- Dual Core Processor: The dual core processor gives you powerful wired and wireless internet network speeds
- Multi user MIMO technology: Significantly improves simultaneous streaming on multiple devices
- Advanced Smart Beam: Tracks your connected devices for enhanced Wi-Fi speed and range throughout your home
- Intelligent quality of Service: Traffic optimization delivers seamless performance for your applications
- 2 USB ports: Remotely deliver high speed data transmissions for storage devices (1 USB 3.0 and 1 USB 2.0)
- Intuitive user interface: For easy setupfrom your mobile devices and network management from your desktop
- Connect securely: WPA/WPA2 encryption for home network security
For users with extremely fast fiber optics Internet connections, the D-Link EXO AC2600 offers up to 2600 Mbps connection speeds. It implements a dual-core processor inside to provide better data transfer management. D-Link brags about using their MU-MIMO technology with multiple users, allowing sending a high-quality signal to many devices simultaneously.
With four external antennas, it provides a good range of connectivity to keep your home covered. Alexa is not supported. There are 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports for wired connections and a guest network to help you keep track of all connected devices. 4K streaming and gaming have never been easier, even on multiple devices on the same network powered by this mighty router!
7.ASUS ROG Rapture
Pros & Cons
- Tri-band (dual 5 GHz, single 2.4 GHz) AC5300 wireless router with the latest 802.11ac 4x4 MU-MIMO technology for maximum throughput (5334 Mbps) and coverage (up to 5,000 sq. ft.)
- 1.8GHz 64bit Quad-Core processor maximizes data throughput from 8-ports and dual USB 3.0 for optimizing network traffic and connectivity speeds 3. VPN Fusion enables you to run a VPN and ordinary internet connection simultaneously, effectively maximizing your connection speed to gaming servers (available via firmware update)
- VPN Fusion enables you to run a VPN and ordinary internet connection simultaneously, effectively maximizing your connection speed to gaming servers (available via firmware update). WAN Connection Type-Internet connection type- Automatic IP, Static IP, PPPoE(MPPE supported), PPTP, L2TP
- Game IPS Powered by Trend Micro provides multi-stage protection for your gaming network from external attacks and threats, neutralizing them before they reach your network or devices.Power supply:AC Input : 110V~240V(50~60Hz),DC Output : 19 V with max. 3.42 A current
- ROG Game Dashboard gives you access to exclusive features like Game Boost, Game IPS, VPN Fusion, and route-optimized low ping time gaming servers using WTFast Gamers Private Network (GPN) – all to help you optimize your gaming network
- AirMesh Supported - Upgrade your firmware to easily connect to other compatible ASUS routers to create a powerful and flexible whole-home Wi-Fi network; 1024-QAM high data rate, 20/40/80 MHz bandwidth
When it comes to the ASUS AC5300 ROG, we think that it tops the high-end market for users who are not looking to invest serious money into a high-end gaming router. To start, the router utilizes three bands: dual 5 GHz and a single 2.4 GHz band. This fact allows connection speeds up to 5334 Mbps! With 8 external antennas, you can cover up to 5000 square feet which is great for large homes.
Under the hood, it utilizes a 1.8 GHz 64-bit Quad-Core processor and 4×4 802.11ac MU-MIMO technology to maximize connection speeds even when many devices are connecting to the same network. Other useful features include VPN Fusion, Game IPS, Game Boost; all serving the purpose of keeping you safe and making your gaming easier!
Best Fiber Optic Router – Best wireless routers are something we all look forward to! You might be renting equipment from your internet service provider or you might have your own wireless router, reliable internet connectivity is expected from these routers. A slow internet connection can be made bearable with a high-end router but what about a connection that is already lightning-fast?
Choosing wireless routers for a fiber optic Internet connection is tricky! An outdated piece of technology can ruin the speed of your internet connection. Getting the best wireless router for fiber optic internet connection is a sure way to upgrade your home internet connection.