Best Gaming Modem for Comcast – If you play a lot of online multiplayer games, then you must know that keeping your ping to a minimum is highly important for getting rid of all lag and other latency issues. This means that apart from having a high-quality internet connection, you will also need to have high-performance networking devices for your computer.
This also includes getting one of the best modems for gaming mentioned up above in this article. We have mentioned all of them, along with all their important details like major features and options.
ROUND UPback to menu ↑
- Compatible with all major cable internet providers with internet speed up to 1Gbps. Currently certified with Spectrum and Cox (up to 1Gbps), Xfinity (up to 800Mbps). Not compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and any bundled voice service.
- Save monthly rental fees: Model CM1000 replaces your cable modem saving you up to dollar 168/year in equipment rental fees.
Netgear is one of the most popular brands of networking tools and devices out there, which is known for offering high-performance products like its modem for gaming.
The Netgear CM1000 modem is present in the 1st position in this article as it offers great performance without charging a premium for it. With this modem, you get a maximum speed of 1Gbps, which is quite high and results in a high value for money.back to menu ↑
- Ultra-fast DOCSIS 3.1 performance - Delivers true Gigabit-plus speeds. Supports fast internet plans with Comcast Xfinity, Cox, and Spectrum. Backward compatible with 32x8 DOCSIS 3.0.
- Pairs with any WiFi router - Seamlessly compatible with any WiFi router to connect all your devices. This cable modem does NOT have a built-in wireless router or telephone call capability.
While you might know Motorola for its smartphones or radio communication devices, it also makes many high-end networking devices that offer excellent performance to the user.
Motorola’s MB8611 modem is present in the 2nd position in this article as it is the best in terms of performance. Unlike most other modems for gaming available out there, this one offers a very high maximum speed rating of 6Gbps, which is much more than what you will need. The ethernet port on this router is also very high speed at 2.5Gbps.back to menu ↑
3.ARRIS SURFboard SB8200
- DOCSIS 3 1 Cable Modem best for cable internet speed plans up to 1 Gbps. Note, a 2nd IP address is required from your cable internet provider to reach 1 Gbps.
- 32 downstream x 8 upstream DOCSIS 3 0 bonded channels, 2 downstream x 2 upstream OFDM DOCSIS 3 1 channels
Compared with other modem brands out there, Arris is not as popular since it is a bit new. But it still offers a great modem which is rated to have pretty good performance for the price.
This Arris Surfboard SB8200 modem is present in the 3rd position in this article as it can be another great option if you are looking for a high-performance mode. When compared with most other modems, this one offers a slightly higher maximum speed rating of 3.1Gbps. It also contains two 1Gbps ethernet ports.back to menu ↑
- Compatible with CenturyLink VDSL/ADSL2+ Services (Not compatible with fiber connections or ATT)
The CenturyLink Prism TV Technicolor modem is one of the only few options out there, which also comes with Wi-Fi support. With this modem, you get the support for both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz wireless networks. Although this also limits its maximum speed to just 300Mbps, which is a bit low for many users.
As for its DOCSIS version, it uses the older DOCSIS 3.0, which is to be expected with a Wi-Fi modem. This is combined with 16 upstream and 4 downstream channels, which is decent if not the best. Thankfully, CenturyLink offers a 1-year warranty, which you would not expect from a smaller brand like this one.back to menu ↑
5.ARRIS SURFboard SB6190
- Compatible with major U.S. Cable Internet Providers including Cox, Spectrum, Xfinity & others. Not compatible with ATT, Verizon, CenturyLink or other DSL or Fiber internet providers.
- DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem best for cable internet speed plans up to 800 Mbps. Easily setup your modem with the SURFboard Central app
At the last option in this article, we have another listing from Arris. This is the Arris SurfboardSB6190 Cable Modem, an affordable alternative to the earlier model.
The Arris Surfboard SB6190 modem is another great option if you are looking for a high-performance mode. When compared with most other modems, this one offers a slightly higher maximum speed rating of 1.4Gbps.back to menu ↑
- ELIMINATE MONTHLY CABLE MODEM RENTAL FEES - Up to $156 per year
- DOCSIS 3. 0 Cable Modem with 1 Gigabit Ethernet port. One (1) Gigabit Ethernet port with auto-sensing technology
Although this modem doesn’t have the latest DOCSIS 3.1 technology, it uses DOCSIS 3.0 technology at speeds most Xfinity households will appreciate. And if that techy talk has you baffled, don’t worry. We’re just saying the NETGEAR CM400 will take good care of you and your Xfinity plan.
Your favorite writer (me) uses the NETGEAR CM400 at home when I’m not testing out the Xfinity xFi Gateway. It’ll be a perfect fit for you, too, if you use Xfinity’s Performance Starter or Performance Select plans.
GET THE NETGEAR CM400
- COMPATIBLE WITH XFINITY INTERNET & VOICE SERVICE: Certified by Comcast for Xfinity. Not compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and non-Xfinity voice services.
- SAVE MONTHLY RENTAL FEES: Model C7100V replaces your cable modem and Wi-Fi router, saving you up to $168/year in equipment rental fees.
Reviews of this device show that most users are pleased with their investment. It offers a stable connection as well as top internet speeds. Apart from that, buyers report that this device is more feasible in the long run as now they do not have to pay the monthly rental costs.
Well, this outstanding device would catch the attention of anyone. It has an amazing performance and is equipped with the latest DOCSIS 3.1. Apart from that, it offers a total of four Ethernet ports, which is amazing. Not only that, but the setup process of this device is very easy as well, so you can even set it up by yourself.back to menu ↑
Best Gaming Modem for Comcast – Modems are an important part of the network setup. In fact, if you have a good modem, you can have a fast, steady, and secure connection.
While a good connection is important for daily life tasks, it is even more important for gaming. Your performance is directly affected by the speed and steadiness of your internet connection.
That is why, today, we will be reviewing some of the best modems for gaming to see which one is best suited for you. So without further ado, let’s dive right in!