Best Gaming Router for Xbox One – If you are a PC gaming professional, then you would surely know the value of time and speed. You do not like getting stuck with poor internet coverage or bandwidth. You prefer everything moving at the speed of a Formula 1 racing car.
You tend to have baggage that consists of processors that can offer you a massive memory, SSD, high-performance graphic cards, and intense speeds. Unfortunately, your desires cannot be fulfilled even if you owned a high-end Apple MacBook or Dell XPS.
Asus RT-AC88U is one of the best looking, ultra fast and Dual Band (5GHz and 2.4GHz) wireless router that is perfect for gaming, extensive file sharing and even for playing high-definition 4K videos.
It has 1.4GHz Dual Core processor, NitroQAM technology and 8 Gigabit LAN ports that offer expansive connectivity, and can deliver lightning fast speed upto 3167 Mbps – while maintaining its outstanding performance. In fact it has the potential to break 1GB/sec limit, but only with additional hardware (like Asus PCE-AC88).
2.NETGEAR Nighthawk X10
- Fast WIFI Performance: Get up to 2500 sq ft wireless coverage with AD7200 speed (Tri-band up to 800 + 1733 + 4600 Mbps - for 60Ghz band devices)
- Recommended Up to 45 Devised: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices
- WIRED ETHERNET PORTS: Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other nearby wired devices with 6 x 1 Gigabit Ethernet ports, and 1 x 10G SFP+ port.
- Loaded with Advanced Technology: Designed with a 1.7GHz quad-core processor, 4 amplified antennas, Beamforming+, MU-MIMO, Dynamic QoS, Amazon Alexa Voice Controls, and more
- USB Connections; Share a storage drive and printer with any connected device, and create a personal cloud storage to access from anywhere, using the 2 x 3.0 USB ports
- SMART PARENTAL CONTROLS: The Nighthawk app lets you manage device internet access and filter websites.
The four external antennas boost the transmission signals while exiting and amply incoming signals on receipt. The router has two USB 3.0 ports, 6 Gigabit Ethernet ports (2 of which support Link Aggregation for faster connectivity to Network Attached Storage or NAS devices).
A feature that sets Nighthawk X10 apart from other routers is the ‘Plex Media Server’ integration (with which you can manage or stream all your media files across all devices connected in the same network). It is also futuristic as it is capable of supporting 10G networking, provided you install a compatible switch or adapter cards.
- Tri-band (dual 5 GHz, single 2.4 GHz) AC5300 wireless router with the latest 802.11ac 4x4 MU-MIMO technology for maximum throughput (5334 Mbps) and coverage (up to 5,000 sq. ft.)
- 1.8GHz 64bit Quad-Core processor maximizes data throughput from 8-ports and dual USB 3.0 for optimizing network traffic and connectivity speeds 3. VPN Fusion enables you to run a VPN and ordinary internet connection simultaneously, effectively maximizing your connection speed to gaming servers (available via firmware update)
- VPN Fusion enables you to run a VPN and ordinary internet connection simultaneously, effectively maximizing your connection speed to gaming servers (available via firmware update). WAN Connection Type-Internet connection type- Automatic IP, Static IP, PPPoE(MPPE supported), PPTP, L2TP
- Game IPS Powered by Trend Micro provides multi-stage protection for your gaming network from external attacks and threats, neutralizing them before they reach your network or devices.Power supply:AC Input : 110V~240V(50~60Hz),DC Output : 19 V with max. 3.42 A current
- ROG Game Dashboard gives you access to exclusive features like Game Boost, Game IPS, VPN Fusion, and route-optimized low ping time gaming servers using WTFast Gamers Private Network (GPN) – all to help you optimize your gaming network
- AirMesh Supported - Upgrade your firmware to easily connect to other compatible ASUS routers to create a powerful and flexible whole-home Wi-Fi network; 1024-QAM high data rate, 20/40/80 MHz bandwidth
ASUS ROG GT-AC5300 is a first-class high-end router with powerful features for both online and network gaming. It is huge in size with 8 antennae -giving it a scary appearance of a spider.
The router broadcasts three wireless bands – one 2.4GHz band at 1000 Mbps (can be used to connect older devices), and two 5GHz bands at 2167 Mbps (primarily for newer devices and gaming/ streaming, but also for easing the congestion caused by traffic or extra device).
4.D-Link Ultra AC5300
- Discontinued By Manufacturer
D-Link AC5300 Ultra Router [DIR-895L/R] is massive and has a bold shiny red appearance that catches your attention immediately.
The Advanced AC SmartBeam technology (popularly known as Beamforming technology) along with eight adjustable antennae are capable of locating all devices within range and focus more on the ones demanding more data. It also provides a guest network, so that your devices or zones aren’t compromised and remain secured.
- Dual band with the latest 802; 11 AC 3x3 technology for combined speeds of up to 1900 Mbps
- 1 GigaHertz dual core CPU enables smart multitasking by dedicating separate lanes for Wi Fi and USB data; Network standard: IEEE 802; 11a, IEEE 802; 11B, IEEE 802; 11G, IEEE 802; 11N, IEEE 802; 11AC, IPv4, IPv6. Memory: 128 MB Flash; 256 MB RAM
- Effortless router setup with the ASUSWRT web based interface; Dual band connectivity for compatibility and performance
- Monitor and manage your network with ease from your mobile device using the intuitive ASUS router app
- A protection powered by Trend Micro provides multi stage protection from vulnerability detection to protecting sensitive data; Please refer the installation manual and the user manual before use which is highly essential; Dc output: 19 Volt with maximum 1; 75 a current; Guest network: 2; 4 GigaHertz x 3, 5 GigaHertz x 3
ASUS AC1900 uses the TurboQAM (TM) technology that accounts for higher speeds. In fact, it is known to be 30 times (relatively) faster than most standard routers and provides a wide coverage area (with 2300 square feet as its bottom range).
The router is powered by 1 Ghz dual core processor for faster response, while the latest dual band 802.11ac 3×3 technology gives you a combined speed of up to 1900 Mbps (1300 Mbps over 5G network and 600 Mbps over 2G network).
- JD Power Award - Highest in customer satisfaction for wireless routers 2017 and 2019. Compatible with the most recent version of the Internet Protocol—IPv6
- Wave 2 Wireless Internet Router, 600 Mbps on the 2.4GHz band and 1300 Mbps on the 5GHz band
- MU-MIMO Gigabit Router, 3 simultaneous data streams help your devices achieve optimal performance by making communication more efficient
- Boosted WiFi Coverage, Beamforming technology delivers a highly efficient wireless connection, long range WiFi
- Full Gigabit Ports: Create fast, reliable wired connections for your PCs, Smart TVs and gaming console with 4 x Gigabit LAN and 1 x Gigabit WAN. No USB Port
- Parental Controls: Block inappropriate content and set daily limits for how much time your children spend online with parental controls
- Works with all internet service providers, such as AT&T, Verizon, Xfinity, Spectrum, RCN, Cox, CenturyLink, Frontier, etc.( a modem is required for most internet service providers)
TP-Link AC1900 Router [Archer C9] is yet another reasonably priced router that is in the league of top specifications and is reliable, easy to setup and has a simple layout.
With a glossy white, smooth and curvy exterior propped up on a silver stand, the router has three antennas with white matte finish popping out from the top – that collectively make up for beamforming and multi-device throughput rates.
7.ASUS WiFi 6 Router
- The Next Gen WiFi Standard - Future proof your home network with the next-gen WiFi 6 technology, providing up to 2. 7x faster speed than the previous WiFi generation featuring OFDMA and MU-MIMO technology.
- Ultra-Fast Wi-Fi - RT-AX3000 supports 160MHz bandwidth and 1024-QAM, boasting a total network speed of 3000 Mbps - 575Mbps on the 2. 4GHz band, and 2402GHz on the 5GHz band.
- The Most Powerful Mesh System — AiMesh technology allows you to establish an even stronger mesh WiFi system with other ASUS AiMesh compatible routers, ensuring stable and seamless whole home coverage.
- Commercial-grade network security for family - AiProtection Pro protects all the connected devices on your home network and advanced parental controls allow you to manage the family's internet usage.
- Mobile App Support - Control and customize every feature at your fingertips using the ASUS Router App for both iOS and Android devices.
It has the most sought after USB 3.0 port which is ideal for sharing documents and media files through the external drives within your network.
The specifications include Dual-band AC1300 with 2×2 MU-MIMO technology that provide speeds up to 1267 Mbps. The four (high-gain 5dBi) antennas ensure that the signals are fast, durable and cover a decent range (about 2000 Sq ft), while the ASUS Router app makes it easy to manage the network with just a mobile device.
Best Gaming Router for Xbox One – Now imagine, just when you are advancing towards your next calculated move and are almost on the winning edge – the network CRASHES! Ouch!
For gamers, it can’t get more frustrating than this. More than often old routers are blamed for this periodic network crash, since they are unable to handle the current data demand of the latest games.