Best Gaming Router Under 200 – So, don’t waste your time any longer and look for that perfect option for you today! If you have any questions related to this post, feel free to leave them in the comment section below.
I’ll try my best to help you out! Also, If you have any further queries about which is the best wifi router under $200, feel free to ask in the comment section below and we will try our best to answer it for you.
Disclosure: Some of the links in the article above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we earn a commission if you make a purchase.
- WIFI 6 – STREAM EVERYTHING AT EPIC SPEED: Simultaneously stream uninterrupted movies, games, video calls or download/transfer files at 10.8Gbps Wi-Fi speed. Works with existing and new Wi-Fi 6 devices like iPhone 11, Galaxy Note 10 and Galaxy S10
- WORKS WITH ALL INTERNET PROVIDERS: Replace your existing Wi-Fi Router (separate modem or gateway required). Compatible with any Internet Service Provider up to 2Gbps including cable, satellite, fiber, DSL and more
- EASY TO SET-UP AND MANAGE: Connects to your existing cable modem and sets up and customizes in minutes with the Nighthawk app – easily manage your Wi-Fi settings at the device and network level, test your Internet speed, view speed history and monitor data usage
- USB CONNECTIONS: Share a storage drive with any connected device and create a personal cloud storage to access from anywhere using the 2 x 3.0 USB ports
- NETGEAR ARMOR POWERED BY BITDEFENDER: The world’s leading cybersecurity protects all your home devices from virus, malware, and data theft with a 30-day free trial.
- QUICK SET UP: Get connected in just minutes
- WIRED ETHERNET PORTS: Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players and other nearby wired devices with 4 x 1G and 1 x 2.5G Ethernet ports
- LOADED WITH ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: Designed with a 1.8GHz triple-core processor, OFDMA, MU-MIMO, Dynamic QoS, 1024-QAM, Smart Connect for one Wi-Fi name, Beamforming technologies and Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant Voice Control. Supports WPA2/WPA3 wireless security protocols. Includes Guest Wi-Fi access, DOS, Firewall, VPN and more
Netgear Nighthawk AX5400 is the first router that comes under $200 and is perfect for gamers. It is the best wireless gaming router with all the advanced features that Netgear has loaded in this are not found in any other router under $200.
The AX5400 is quite sturdy and easy to set up and it supports a lot of security features like VPN, Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS), Wi-Fi Smart, Firewall, DOS, Voice Control. The firewall settings are quite excellent as well. The overall performance of this router is excellent and there is no doubt that you will be getting the value for your money.
- The Next Gen WiFi Standard - Future proof your home network with the next-gen WiFi 6 technology, providing up to 2. 7x faster speed than the previous WiFi generation featuring OFDMA and MU-MIMO technology.
- Ultra-Fast Wi-Fi - RT-AX3000 supports 160MHz bandwidth and 1024-QAM, boasting a total network speed of 3000 Mbps - 575Mbps on the 2. 4GHz band, and 2402GHz on the 5GHz band.
- The Most Powerful Mesh System — AiMesh technology allows you to establish an even stronger mesh WiFi system with other ASUS AiMesh compatible routers, ensuring stable and seamless whole home coverage.
- Commercial-grade network security for family - AiProtection Pro protects all the connected devices on your home network and advanced parental controls allow you to manage the family's internet usage.
- Mobile App Support - Control and customize every feature at your fingertips using the ASUS Router App for both iOS and Android devices.
The RT-AX3000 is the best wireless router for gamers that are looking for a router that supports the latest WiFi technology. The AX3000 supports the latest WiFi 6 standard as well as MU-MIMO and OFDMA technologies. It supports dual band connections with speeds of up to 2402 Mbps on the 5GHZ band and 575 Mbps on the 2.4 GHz band.
It boasts a total network speed of 3000 Mbps which is one of the highest you can get at this pricing point. The AX3000 comes with a total of 6 Gigabit Ethernet ports and all the networking specifications are excellent as well.
- Minimize ping and maximize performance with four 1 Gigabit Ethernet ports for lag free, wired connectivity and 1.7 GHz dual core processor network efficiency
- Amp up your Wi-Fi with AC2600 dual band router that delivers blazing fast speeds up to 2.6 Gbps
- Put your gaming traffic in a designated express lane with advanced quality of service, bypassing network congestion and reducing lag spikes, jumps and jitters
- Make every millisecond count by using Geo filtering to connect to the closest servers and players so you can respond and dominate
- Monitor your network and game ping in real time so you can see who’s hogging the bandwidth by device and application
- Protect your network identity by connecting to a secure gaming VPN server
- Optimized to give you the lowest ping possible on Fortnite, Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, Overwatch, PubG, CS:GO, and more
The NETGEAR Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR500 is one of the best routers for gaming in 2021. It comes with a ton of features that are essential for gaming and delivers high-end performance as well. The XR500 supports the WiFi5 standard to deliver faster Wi-Fi speeds and also boost your router’s overall performance.
The XR500 is one of the best gaming routers in 2021 as well. It comes with a 1.7 GHz dual-core processor which makes it one of the fastest processors you can find in any router right now. The 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports also make it easy to connect your gaming devices to the router for lag-free gaming sessions.
- 1024 Qam technology 80 percent faster 5 GigaHertz at up to 2100 Mbps, 66 percent faster 2. 4 GigaHertz at up to 1000 Mbps; utilities: firmware restoration
- 33 percent greater 2. 4 GigaHertz coverage with a 4 transmit, 4 receive (4T4R) antenna design, able to reach our widest ever coverage up to 5000 square feet
- Expansive connectivity options: with exclusively has 8 x Gigabit LAN ports for up to eight Ethernet compatible devices to connect simultaneously
- Powerful 1. 4 GigaHertz dual core processor, faster USB data transfers enjoy up to over 100 MB/s Speed and the router download/UPLOAD speed (WAN LAN throughput) up to 1. 8 Gaps
- Smart Connect automatically chooses the best band available for you, Dimensions: 11. 8 x 7. 4 x 3. 3 inch (WDHP).
- ASUS Protection powered by Trend Micro ensures your online experience is safe and secure. By combining automatic vulnerability detection, malicious site blocking and parental controls, Protection keeps everyone safe and sound | VPN client : PPTP client, L2TP client, OpenVPN client
- Connected devices must be 802.11ac-compatible for best results
The RT-AC3200 is one of the best routers that you can find in the under $200 gaming router market. It supports the latest WiFi standards for best speeds while providing advanced security features and parental controls. Its design is very impressive and it comes with a lot of advanced features including tri-band wifi, beamforming and AiProtection, parental controls etc.
It has a total of 5 Gigabit Ethernet ports and an impressive total network speed of 3200 Mbps on both bands. The RT-AC3200 has excellent networking specifications which make it a perfect choice for gaming as well as other streaming purposes.
5.NETGEAR Nighthawk X6S
- Fast Wi-Fi performance: Get up to 3500 square feet wireless coverage with AC4000 speed (Tri-band up to 750 + 1625 + 1625 Mbps).
- Recommended for up to 55 devices: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices.Double firewall protection (SPI and NAT)
- Wired Ethernet ports: Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other nearby wired devices with 4 x 1 Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- Loaded with advanced technology: Designed with a dual core 1.8GHz processor, 6 amplified antennas, Beamforming, MU-MIMO, Smart Connect, Amazon Alexa Voice Controls, and more.
- USB connections: Share a storage drive and printer with any connected device, and create a personal cloud storage to access from anywhere, using the 1x3.0 and 1x2.0 USB ports.
- Netgear Armor Powered By BitDefender: The world’s leading cybersecurity protects all your home devices from virus, malware, and data theft with a 30-day free trial.
- Safe & secure: Supports WPA2 wireless security protocols. Includes Guest WiFi access, DoS, Firewall, VPN, and more.
The RT-AC86U is another best router under $200 from Asus. It has a dual-band (2.4GHz & 5GHz) network with a data transfer speed of up to 2900 MBPS. It is one of the most powerful routers for gaming and has all of the basic networking features needed. It uses 802.11ac standard which is quite impressive and it supports speeds of up to 2900 Mbps.
With a dual-core processor of 1.8GHz, the ASUS RT-AC86U comes with a fairly powerful processor for your home network. In addition, it has four gigabit LAN ports that allow you to transfer files at speeds of up to 10/100/1000 Mbps.
6.TP-Link AC2300 Wifi Router
- Powerful 1.8GHz dual core processor leading edge 1.8GHz dual core 64 bit CPU with 2 co processors and stream processing architecture for smoother performance and powerful multi tasking
- Faster Wi Fi enjoy 4K video and play online games simultaneously with ultra fast 802.11AC Wave 2 MU MIMO Wi Fi. System Requirements Microsoft Windows 98SE, NT, 2000, XP, Vista or Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, MAC OS, NetWare, UNIX or Linux, Internet Explorer 11, Firefox 12.0, Chrome 20.0, Safari 4.0, or other Java enabled browser, Cable or DSL Modem, Subscription with an Internet Service Provider (for Internet access)
- Vonn Server set up a personal VPN Server with an open client to browse the web and access files without paid VPN subscriptions
- Far reaching Wi Fi range Boost amplifies the router's ability to detect and receive Wi Fi signal from devices located farther away. Beamforming locates Wi Fi devices and focuses the router's wireless signal toward them
- Efficient Wi Fi distribution airtime Fairness equally divides attention between newer and older devices to improve Wi Fi performance and reliability without limiting your network
- Link Aggregation team up two of the four Gigabit LAN ports to double connection speeds from 1 Gaps to 2 Gaps
- Enjoy AP mode switch the router to AP mode and enjoy faster Wi Fi without replacing your router or sip required Gateway
Another great router during the budget price point of $200 is the TP-Link AC2300 router, which we considered to be the best gaming router. This powerful AC2300 features an extremely smooth and powerful 1.8 GHz dual-core 64-bit processor along with MIMO with a pretty quick WiFi connection.
With the AC2300, you can undertake all the networking tasks on your home network and also enjoy high-speed connectivity for data transfer as well. As you might expect, under $200 the router can deliver up to 2 Gbps of bandwidth to connected devices, which is one of the best speeds that you can get in this class.
- 1.7GHz Dual-core processor for fast, uncompromising performance. Coverage area - 3,000 square feet
- Powerful 4x4 802.11ac wave 2 radios with MU-MIMO and up to 2.53Gbps breakthrough wireless speeds
- Smart Connect for seamless transition between maximum speed or range
- Hardware accelerated Layer 7 traffic control and monitoring
- Dual WAN capable for load balancing and failover support ; Operating Temperature 5°C to 40°C (40°F to 104°F)
- US version. AC Input Power Voltage 100 V to 240 V AC
- System ram type: ddr3_sdram
The RT2600ac is a flagship router from Synology and features cutting-edge hardware and software that ensures an extremely fast and high-performance network at your workplace or at your home.
In addition to that, the RT2600ac comes with the latest MU-MIMO technology, which is capable of running multiple devices on the network at the same time without encountering any lag or period of disconnection. Additionally, it offers advanced parental controls as well, which can be used to manage all internet activities for your family members in one place.
Best Gaming Router Under 200 – So after carefully reviewing routers and talking with experts in the industry, I have compiled a list of the 10 best routers under $200 that are currently available at a great price.
With these great routers, you will be able to enjoy high-speed wireless and lag-free gaming without having to pay over $300 for a router that has just mediocre capabilities.