Best Hobby Cnc Router – You may also want to check the best desktop CNC or hobbyists and small business ownersThings to keep in mind when we sorted our product to add in the list:Value for Money: Since we are discussing about cheap CNC machines here, we wanted to include the machine that are pocket friendly.Beginner Friendly:
Most of our readers who wish to buy a cheap CNC are usually beginners, hence this was a good factor to include. Ease of assembly: All CNC machines are made up of several tiny parts and all of them need to fit properly and with use, otherwise it can get complicated.
ROUND UPback to menu ↑
1.BobsCNC Evolution 3
- A rigid laser cut 5-Ply Baltic Birch frame with SG20U supported rail system.
- GT2 belt drive on X and Y-axis and Tr8 Acme Rod mounted with an ACME Nut on the Z-axis.
Acquiring this tool is like winning a jackpot. You get a lot of features for its price, making it one of the best CNC routers for small shops. The BobsCNC E3 CNC Router Engraver Kit comes with a powerful CNC machine that can handle some of the heavy-duty gigs you will encounter. Despite its small size, which is suitable for a small shop, this tool is outstanding performance-wise.
The assembly of this tool is not a straightforward one; however, if you have assembled a CNC router before, you’ll find it a breeze. Additionally, you don’t have to worry if you are a newbie as this tool comes with a manual and other tutorials to help you get started.back to menu ↑
2.Genmitsu CNC 3018-PRO
- New Version: Genmitsu CNC 3018-PRO is an upgraded version of 3018. All components do not need to be positioned, which greatly reduces the difficulty of assembly and improves the working accuracy. The base height is raised to 4cm for better stability. Capable of cutting all types of plastics, soft aluminum, woods, acrylics, PVCs, and PCBs, the Genmitsu can be used on a wide range of projects and materials.
- Upgraded Power Adapter: UL Approved and out-of-the-box support for the drop in 20,000rpm Spindle, no need to modify G-code to ramp up to full speed.
If you want to talk about versatility, then talk about the Genmitsu CNC 3018. This tool can cut virtually all types of woods, soft aluminum, plastics, acrylics, PVCs, and PCBs, and a wide variety of materials. It comes with an effective engraving depth of 1.8 inches. What’s even enjoyable is that this tool is self-teaching hence allows you to try out your DIY ideas without having to spend necessarily high amounts of money.
The assembly of this tool is not the simplest. Even so, the manufacturer makes up for this by including an instruction guide to help you. It comes in a small size, which increases its portability and suitability for small shops.back to menu ↑
3.VEVOR CNC Machine
- Premium Quality: CNC 3018 PRO is an upgraded version of 3018 CNC. The components do not need to be positioned, which reduces the difficulty of equipment and improves the work accuracy and stability. The frame and fixed parts are made of aluminum and bakelite. Effective working area: 300 (X) x 180 (Y) x 45 (Z) mm (11.8 "x7.1" x 1.8 ").
- Ease of Use: According to the instructions, the mini laser engraver is easy to assemble. Supports Windows XP, win7, win8, win10, (32/64 systems. The instructions are in the USB flash drive.
Here’s another CNC router that you should consider for your small shop and home DIY projects. The VEVOR CNC 3018 Pro 500mW CNC Machine has a durable aluminum and bakelite material. Other than its performance, this laser engraver for wood and metal has a good appearance with high precision and durability.
This machine comes with 3 redefined axes that can realize plane engraving, with an effective working area that measures 300(X)x180(Y)x45(Z)mm (11.8″x7.1″x1.8″). The driving units of this router consist of T8 stainless steel screw rods.back to menu ↑
- ️【2-IN-1 CNC 3018 Pro】 - Designed for the absolute beginner, this machine is a great tool for starting CNC learning. It come with the spindle motor and 5.5W module on Z axis. If you use the spindle, please remove the module.
- ️【Offline Controller】- The offline controller is 1G Capacity. You can control the CNC router without connecting to the computer. The CNC router can be placed wherever you want, such as garage and workshop.
The MYSWEETY makes a great CNC router for your home or small shop, thanks to the flexibility that you get when handling light-duty projects. Setting up this tool is a simple one and very easy to use as well.
One of the features that you will find impressive about this tool is that it is loaded with a GRBL-based control and support system that you can integrate with Windows operating systems such as XP, Win 7, 8, and 10. Additionally, this tool can work with software like PCB processing and Toolpath Creation; however, you’ll have to buy them separately.back to menu ↑
5.SainSmart Genmitsu CNC
- Class leading values got even easier to use. Pre-assembled and no fuss with assembly taking less than 30 minutes out of the box. An entry-level CNC for anyone who wants to learn a new skill, work on an artwork project, design a DIY gift, or start a small business.
- Still based on open-source Grbl v1.1 the PROVer has stepped up to more powerful but silent Toshiba TB6S109 drivers with added life and performance along with added Optocouplers to protect your mainboard from hard stops without risk of damage and eliminate signal noise for more consistent projects and longevity.
The MX3 is not the first Genmitsu product I’m reviewing in my list of the best CNC router for small shops, and you can attribute that to the top performance that you get from this brand.
The Genmitsu 3018-PROVer is the successor of the first version, the 3018-PRO, and it comes with so much improvement on many parts of the previous version. This machine comes with an improved design as well as safety features. Additionally, there’s the pre-assembly, upgraded mainboard, and many more.back to menu ↑
6.Upgrade Version 2
- 【Update CNC 3018PRO】2-in-1 CNC 3018-PRO with 3000mW Module is an upgraded version of 3018. Integrated Driver Chip + Fixed Heat Sink + External Fan + Sturdy Casing to extend the life of the control board, Self-contained short circuit protection, Not easy to damage.(:Provide technical support,electronic software/manual)
- 【CNC Engraving】 With an effective engraving area of 300 x 180 x 45 mm, the 3018pro can easily accommodate most projects. Control software: GRBL; Spindle: 775 spindle motor (12-36V) 24V:10000r / min. Supported System: Windows XP / Win 7 / Win 8 / Win 10.
This CNC router by Mcwdoit will give you all the qualities that you can expect from a router, and above all, it is available for a relatively affordable price. The router has an average size, making it perfect for desktop usage, mainly if you have limited space in your workshop.
One thing you will love about this router is that you can use it offline, all you need to do is to download all of the fundamental files for its operation in a USB and then plug the drive into your offline connection.back to menu ↑
7.3 Axis USB DIY
- ♞【Upgrade Version 3018 Pro】Mini CNC machine small size, light weight, USB interface, GRBL control systems, great cnc router machine for beginers; The CNC3018 PRO machine is very easy to install,stable structure.
- ♞【Working area】 30x18x4.5cm;Frame size: 40x33x24cm;Type:USB Port mini desktop cnc router【Spindle】 775 spindle motor (12-36V) DC24V:10000r/min【Stepper Motor】Nema17 stepper motor,1.3A, phase resistance 2.1 ohms, torque 0.25N.m
If you have been in the woodworking industry for some time now, you are likely aware of the RATTMOTOR; if not, it does not break a bone to tell you that they are a reputable maker of some of them the best CNC Routers on the market today. The 3 Axis CNC 3018 PRO is the perfect DIY tool that you can use in your small woodworking shop, home, backyard, or even in the garage.
It is among the best CNC routers for small shops because it is convenient for home and other small scale uses. Much as it is a small machine, it still does jobs the right way and would meet all your need for a router in DIY projects. You will find it a breeze to make great cuts and carvings on a variety of materials.back to menu ↑
Best Hobby Cnc Router – CNC is appropriate for low-to-medium and one-off jobs volume production, because of its high repeatability. Most CNC machines are expensive but here we will be looking at the best cheap CNC machines.
We understand that a lot of our readers are hobbyists woodworkers or beginners who have just fallen in love with woodworking and want to explore this domain but can’t afford the high price of some of the CNC machines.