Best Home Router for Comcast – To use Xfinity internet, you’ll need a compatible modem and router. You might think a modem and a router are the same device, but they are not. Simply put, a modem is a device that connects your household to your service provider, in this case, Xfinity.
A router connects to the modem in order to create a Wi-Fi network in your home that your computers and connected devices can use to access the internet. Modems and routers can be purchased separately, or you can use a device that combines the two.
1.TP-Link WiFi 6 AX3000
- JD Power Award- Highest in customer satisfaction for wireless routers 2017 and 2019
- Wi-Fi 6 Router: Wi-Fi 6 (802. 11ax) technology achieves up to 3x faster speeds, 4x capacity and 75% lower latency compared to the previous generation of Wi-Fi 5 while the power of Intel's dual-core CPU ensures your experience is smooth and Buffer-Free
- Next-gen 3 Gaps speeds: 4-Stream Dual Band router reaches incredible speeds up to 3 Gaps (2402 Mbps on 5 GHz band and 574 Mbps on 2. 4 GHz band) for faster streaming and gaming like you have never experienced before.
- Connect more devices than ever before: simultaneously communicate more data to more devices using revolutionary OFDMA technology
- Minimize lag For all devices and applications: experience ultra-smooth entertainment whether you are streaming 4K videos, gaming online, or even video chatting with up to 75% reduced lag.
- Increased battery life for devices: target wake time technology reduces your devices Power consumption to extend their battery life.
- Advanced security: Protect your network and connected devices with a free lifetime subscription to TP-Link HomeCare featuring next-level antivirus, robust parental controls, and QoS.
- Works with all internet service providers, such as AT&T, Verizon, Xfinity, Spectrum, RCN, Cox, CenturyLink, Frontier, etc.( a modem is required for most internet service providers)
The TP-Link Archer AX50 AX3000 is the router I recommend for you with the Blast! Pro plan (400 Mbps) or below. During testing, the router reached a speed of 690.52 Mbps from 5 feet on the 5GHz network. Other speeds I measured were 371.87 Mbps from 25 feet and 155.54 Mbps from 50 feet. Both on the 5Ghz network.
These speeds are excellent for the price and make for a perfect router for the Blast! Pro plan or below. You could even use it for the Extreme Pro plan (800 Mbps) if you find the slight loss in speed okay.
- No more dead zones Whole home mesh WiFi coverage up to 5 000 square feet and 60+ devices Mesh technology helps you stay connected as you roam around your home using a single network name Extend coverage up to 2 500 sq ft with additional satellites (sold separately)
- Ultra fast gigabit speed AX6000 WiFi 6 powers up to 6Gbps of streaming HD video gaming or Internet surfing and downloads Works with existing WiFi devices and new WiFi 6 devices like iPhone 11 Galaxy Note 10 and Galaxy S10
- Works with all internet providers replace your existing wifi router (separate modem or gateway required) compatible with any internet service provider up to 2 5gbps including cable satellite fiber dsl and more
- Tri-band backhaul a dedicated band between your Orbi router and satellite frees up the other two bands for maximum speed to your devices
- Easy to set-up and manage connects to your existing cable modem and sets up and customizes in minutes with the orbi app – easily manage your wifi settings at the device and network level test your internet speed view speed history and monitor data usage
- Wired ethernet ports Plug in computers game consoles streaming players and other nearby wired devices with 5 x 1 Gigabit Ethernet ports in the router and 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports in the satellite
- Safe secure and loaded with advanced technology Designed with MU-MIMO Smart Connect for one WiFi name and beamforming technologies Supports WPA2 wireless security protocols Includes Guest WiFi access DoS Firewall VPN and more
- Advanced cyber threat protection: netgear armor (powered by bitdefender) is network wide anti virus, anti malware, fraud/phishing/ransomware security on an unlimited # of devices for a 30 day free trial ($69.99/year)
The Netgear Orbi RBK852 is a premium mesh system that I recommend for you with a large home that needs good coverage. During testing, the router reached 851.86 Mbps from 5 feet and 540.76 Mbps from 25 feet.
These are two impressive results that are more than enough to watch multiple 4k movies. What differentiates the Netgear Orbi RBK852 from most other mesh networks is its satellite. It’s nearly as fast as the router.
3.TP-Link Deco M4
- JD Power Award ---Highest in customer satisfaction for wireless routers 2017 and 2019
- Better Coverage than traditional WiFi routers: Deco M4 three units work seamlessly to create a WiFi mesh network that can cover homes up to 5,500 sq. ft. No Dead Zone anymore
- Seamless and Stable WiFi Mesh: Rather than wifi range extender that need multiple network names and passwords, Deco M4 allows you to enjoy seamless roaming throughout the house, with a single network name and password
- Incredibly fast AC1200 speeds makes the deco capable of providing connectivity for up to 100 devices
- With advanced Deco Mesh Technology, units work together to form a unified network with a single network name. Devices automatically switch between Decos as you move through your home for the fastest possible speeds
- Robust Parental Controls: Limit online time and block inappropriate websites according to unique profiles created for each family member. Easy to keep your children safe while they’re online
- Setup is a breeze with the Deco app available on your Android or iOS device. Turn on/off guest WiFi with Alexa voice commands
- Industry leading 2 year Warranty and 24/7 technical Support
If you need coverage and don’t want to pay a fortune, then the TP-Link Deca M4 is the perfect option for you. During testing, it managed to reach 317.27 Mbps on the 5GHz network from 5 feet. And 169.59 Mbps from 25 feet. This makes the router possible to use with the Blast! Pro plan. But in all honestly, it’s a better fit for the Performance Pro plan or below.
The Deca M4 also supports both parental controls and advanced QoS. Making it possible for you to restrict your children’s actives on the internet and priorities data.
- Instantly upgraded you WiFi performance with advanced tech all while saving up to $168 per year in rental fees by owning your cable modem.
- Access the fastest cable internet plans available, with the future-proof performance of the DOCSIS 3.1 cable modem.
- Includes a built-in high speed AC3200 WiFi router with Power Boost, Range Boost, and AnyBeam WiFi Beamforming for ultra fast, reliable WiFi.
- Intelligent mobile app - Comes with a smart WiFi app for easy setup, guest network management, usage monitoring, speed testing, parental controls, network security alerts, and more.
- Reliability you can count on - A worldwide leader in technology people depend on. Comes with 2-years of free expert support from our team
The Motorola MG8702 a the best modem/router combo for the Xfinity Blast! Pro plan (400 Mbps). During testing, it reached 518.51 Mbps from 5 feet and 272.03 Mbps from 25 feet, both using the 5GHz network. You could even use it with the Extreme Pro plan. But then, you will not get a Wi-Fi speed of the 800 Mbps you pay for.
The MG8702 also had a pretty good range, reaching about 80-90 feet. This should be enough for a normal-sized home as long as you place the device somewhere closer to the middle of the house.
5.NETGEAR Nighthawk Cable Modem
- COMPATIBLE WITH MAJOR CABLE INTERNET PROVIDERS: Including Xfinity, Spectrum, Cox, and more. NOT compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and any bundled voice service
- BUILT FOR ULTIMATE SPEED: Best for cable provider plans up to 6Gbps
- FAST WIFI 6 PERFORMANCE: Up to 3,000 sq. ft. wireless coverage with dual-band WiFi 6 (AX6000) speed (up to 6Gbps)
- VERSATILE CONNECTIONS: One 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet port, 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports and one USB 3.0 port give fast wired connections to your computer, printer, game box, storage drive, and other devices
- MODEM TECHNOLOGY: DOCSIS 3.1 and 32x8 channel bonding
Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to find its max speed. Since the house, I test the cable modems only have an 800 Mbps plan. But the router did max it out and managed to reach 800 Mbps from 5 feet. It also measured 583.15 Mbps from 25 feet and 298.47 Mbps from 50 feet.
More than any other modem/router combo I have ever tried. The cable modem is also DOCSIS 3.1, and as already mentioned, this makes it future-proof.
- 16x4 DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem plus a built-in AC1600 Dual Band (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) WiFi Gigabit Router with four Gigabit (GigE) Ethernet ports, a firewall, and more. This product is recommended for actual cable Internet service speeds up to 375 Mbps. A Broadcom cable modem chipset provides security from Denial of Service attacks.
- Requires cable Internet service. Approved by Comcast Xfinity and Xfinity X1, Cox, Charter Spectrum, BrightHouse, WOW., CableOne, RCN, Mediacom and other cable service providers. Eliminate cable modem rental fees up to 168 dollars per year. (Savings are shown for Xfinity and vary by provider). Not compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink and other fiber optic, DSL or satellite services. Model MG7540 does not have a phone jack. This model cannot be used for making or receiving telephone calls.
- Built-in high-speed Wi-Fi router with AC1600 Wi-Fi provides Internet access for Wi-Fi devices including smartphones, notebooks, tablets, game stations, HDTVs, Amazon Echo, Google Home, Chromecast, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and AppleTV. 4 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports provide wired connections to Windows and Mac computers, HDTVs, game stations, streaming TV devices, and other Ethernet-capable devices.
- The router can work on WiFi DFS frequencies, unlike most routers, so it is much less vulnerable to WiFi interference from neighbors. AnyBeam beamforming at both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies focuses the signal on wireless clients to further enhance performance and range.
- Integrating the cable modem and router creates a reliable connection that reduces unwieldy wiring and power adapter clutter while conserving desk space. The vertical design minimizes shelf space and improves cooling while looking great in any home or office. A 2-year warranty plus rugged lightning and power surge circuits protect your investment.
The Motorola MG7540 is the best modem/router combo for the Performance Pro (200 Mbps) plan or below. In the testing, it reached 301.85 Mbps from 5 feet and 102.38 Mbps from 25 feet. Both from the 5GHz network. Like many other, you can use this one for a better plan than I recommended. But you will lose some speed and not get all you pay for.
The cable modem is DOCSIS 3.0 with 16×4 channels. This means that the modem will work for now, but when Comcast Xfinity changes to DOCSIS 3.1 (we don’t know when), it will stop working.
7.Google Wifi – AC1200
- Google Wifi is a scalable flexible mesh Wifi system that blankets your home in reliable coverage and keeps buffering at bay; 1 Google Wifi point replaces your router and additional points expand your network to keep the connection fast in every room
- Google Wifi gives you whole home coverage; 1 Pack covers up to 1500 square feet and 3 Pack covers up to 4500 square feet; points work together to create a mesh network for more coverage
- Intelligently works behind the scenes to make sure your Wifi remains fast so you can stream with speed
- Simple setup in a few steps; use the Google Home app to create your network and get online in minutes
- Parental controls let you manage screen time, restrict certain kinds of adult content, and pause Wifi to specific devices on your mesh network whenever you want
- Easy to control home Wifi system lets you prioritize devices check your network speeds, set up a guest network, and more
- Works with all Google Wifi points and can be added to any existing Nest Wifi system; just add more points if you need more coverage
- Sustainably designed; 49% of the plastic part weight is made with recycled material (2020 model)
- Please refer to the product description section below for all applicable legal disclaimers denoted by the bracketed numbers in the preceding bullet points (e.g. , , etc.)
If you already have a modem but simply need a Wi-Fi router, Google offers an effective and convenient solution. The Google Wi-Fi system allows you to create a mesh network throughout your entire home to connect all of your devices.
One device can cover 500 to 1,500 square feet, but you can expand to up to 4,500 square feet with three devices located throughout your home. Settings can be easily customized by using the Google Wi-Fi app on your smartphone.
Best Home Router for Comcast – Considering this staggering cost, it makes sense to buy your own modem router combo. Not only will it be more practical, but you won’t have to worry about additional costs charged by your ISP. Plus, it will help you to save some space if you have a small room.
Choosing the right combo will maximize the provider plan, improve download speeds so you can stream and view in HD, as well as connect multiple devices throughout your home at once.