Best Home Router for Streaming – You’re paying for fast internet so you can watch all of your favorite shows, movies and live streaming events whenever you want — in crystal-clear, high definition.
In order to make the most of your internet connection, you’re going to need a modem and router that is capable of making the most of what you pay for. While your internet service provider might offer you rental equipment, you may not want to be locked into their limited offerings. Instead, get a modem and router that can provide you with the features you need. This guide will help you determine the best modem and router for streaming.
ROUND UPback to menu ↑
1.NETGEAR (R6900P) – AC1900
- Recommended for up to 30 devices: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices
- Wired Ethernet ports: Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other nearby wired devices with 4 x 1 gigabit Ethernet ports. Microsoft internet explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.4, Google chrome 11.0 browsers or higher
As anonymity becomes increasingly important when surfing the web today, NETGEAR’s Nighthawk R6900P’s VPN capabilities come in quite handy.
It’s the best router on the list, considering its powerful features: it can connect up to 30 devices and implement intelligent parental controls.
A cool, stealthy design, respectable range, and excellent speeds on the 5GHz band, as well as NAS capability, are just some of the things that are worth liking about the NETGEAR Nighthawk R6900P.back to menu ↑
- JD Power Award ---Highest in customer satisfaction for wireless routers 2017 and 2019
- Router for wireless internet, works with Alexa, compatible with all Wi-Fi devices, 802.11ac and older
Sometimes, it’s enough that a router is at least better than the stock router that their internet service provider gives the average user.
A long-time fan favorite, the latest iteration of the TP-Link A7 AC1750 is just that, and probably a little bit more.
Priced to perfection, the TP-Link A7 AC1750 is easy to set up and even easier to manage, all the while boasting plenty of connectivity options, including a USB-A 2.0 port on the back.back to menu ↑
3.Google Wifi – AC1200
- Google Wifi is a scalable flexible mesh Wifi system that blankets your home in reliable coverage and keeps buffering at bay; 1 Google Wifi point replaces your router and additional points expand your network to keep the connection fast in every room
- Google Wifi gives you whole home coverage; 1 Pack covers up to 1500 square feet and 3 Pack covers up to 4500 square feet; points work together to create a mesh network for more coverage
The quintessential WiFi mesh router system, the Google WiFi blends excellent coverage and ease-of-use perfectly.
If you want consistent WiFi coverage throughout your house, whether it be in your bathroom, or your garage, or when you’re outside relaxing on your front porch, the Google WiFi mesh router system is a catch-all solution for the typical average user’s range problem, especially in larger homes with a limited number of people streaming.back to menu ↑
- Wireless AC, up to 4.3x faster than N technology: Simultaneous dual band speed up to 600 Mbps (2.4 GHz) + 1300 Mbps (5 GHz) for media intensive applications
- 4 high performance antennas: Engineered to enhance dual band communication, four external, adjustable antennas ensure supreme Wi Fi signal strength in multilevel homes and small offices
Once you go into the enthusiast range of the router market, you start to get bombarded with all of these buzzwords and features that, quite frankly, you probably won’t be able to make use of, either because you don’t know how or the routers just aren’t user-friendly enough.
The Linksys WRT1900ACS presents itself as the best router for those looking into a feature-packed router that can be tweaked and experimented on with relative ease.back to menu ↑
- Dual band AC1300 with the latest 2x2 MU MIMO technology for combined speeds of up to 1267 Mbps
- 4 external 5dBi antennas for improved Wi Fi range and multi device performance; Connected devices must be 802.11ac compatible for best results
Considering that the ASUS AC1300 is supposed to be an entry-level router, it comes with a nifty seat of features, modern-ish aesthetics, and just as good of wireless performance 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz radio bands that you can expect in its class.
Sometimes, simple is better, and for those looking for a no-frills router for typical home use, the ASUS AC1300 is an excellent choice for your next best router.back to menu ↑
- Razer FasTrack - Razer FasTrack allows you to specifically select and prioritize your preferred application and device, ensuring you have top-notch gaming and streaming performance
- Multi-Channel ZeroWait DFS Technology - Experience lag-free gaming and streaming with multi-channel
The Razer Sila, a high-performance WiFi router, as with any other gaming peripheral or component created by the California-based gaming hardware company, was built specifically for high-end and demanding users in mind.
Sleek if unassuming, the Razer Sila packs a ton of features into its black chassis.
For starters, it has a 2.4GHz network that can reach speeds of up to 400Mbps and two 5GHz networks that can reach up to rates of up to 1,733Mbps and 866Mbps, respectively.back to menu ↑
- COMPATIBLE WITH ALL MAJOR CABLE INTERNET PROVIDERS: Including certification by Xfinity by Comcast, COX, and Spectrum. NOT compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and any bundled voice service.
- SAVE MONTHLY RENTAL FEES: Model C6220 replaces your cable modem and WiFi router saving you up to $168/yr in equipment rental fees.
You’ll get the benefit of both a high speed modem and router in one package, and it’s compatible with many major internet providers — though you’ll want to check to see if yours is included. This easily qualifies as one of the best modems for watching tv on multiple screens.
This two-in-one device offers some of the best features of top routers and modems. Get support for DOCSIS 3.0 and 32×8 channel bonding, some of the best technology available in modern modems. Plus, you’ll get support for the latest wireless protocols and support for blazing fast speeds, up to 3,200 Mbps. Add that to a wide coverage area of up to 3,000 feet and you’ll be hard-pressed to find a better option to bring high speed internet to your home.back to menu ↑
Best Home Router for Streaming – While many assume that the router provided by an internet service provider will do, an upgraded wireless router is the key to unlocking what home internet can really do. Even a modest router upgrade can have a huge effect on a household Wi-Fi experience, coverage and speed.
To help narrow down the search for a new router, we’ve rounded up the best wireless routers available today. These little boxes will revolutionise 4K streaming and online gaming for households small and large. In addition to some pretty hefty options, we’ve also been sure to include affordable options so those with tighter budgets don’t miss out.