Best Internet Modem for Xfinity – The list of Comcast Xfinity compatible modems has finally come to an end. Some are affordable with lesser features, whereas some are the best in the business with optimal performance. However, they would cost you more than the usual ones. If the budget allows you, put some extra money, and it will be worth it!
Moreover, many modems come with built-in routers, which are a great option to go for since, at just a small cost, you can get 2-in-1 functionality. One such high-end device on our list is the. It will lead to lesser use of wires and better performance. The setup will also take very little time since you need to put up a single box rather than two. Furthermore, the whole setup will take even less space overall.
Pros & Cons
- Two-in-one DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem and WiFi 4 router - Has 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports for wired connections. Power Boost technology boosts the WiFi signal for quality gaming, streaming, and video conferencing
- Fast internet speed - Enjoy faster downloads, better gaming, and reliable remote working with speeds up to 343 Mbps
- Approved for Comcast Xfinity - Certified for use with Comcast Xfinity service and compatible with IPv4 and IPv6. This cable modem router does not have telephone capability
- Saves you money - Savings up to $168 per year on cable modem rental fees with your internet provider
- Integrating the cable Modem and router creates a more reliable connection that reduces unwieldy wiring and power adapter clutter while conserving desk space. The vertical design further minimizes shelf space, improves cooling, and extends product life while looking great in any home or office
8×4 DOCSIS 3.0 cable Modem Plus a built-in N450 single band (2.4 GHz) Wi-Fi Gigabit Router with four Gigabit (GigE) Ethernet ports, a firewall, and more.
This product is recommended for DOCSIS 3.0 and 2.0 cable services. For DOCSIS 3.0 services, this modem provides actual Cable internet service speeds up to 145 Mbps. A Broadcom Cable Modem Chipset provides security from denial of service attacks.
2.ARRIS SURFboard SB8200
Pros & Cons
- A Trusted Name in Home Connectivity: Better connectivity, better speed. The ARRIS SURFboard SB8200 DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem is designed to bring you superior connectivity, increase your network capability and provide faster streaming and downloading throughout your home. From a trusted brand with over 260 million modems sold and growing.
- Save Money: Own your modem and save. Reduce your cable bill up to $168 dollars per year in cable modem rental fees (Savings vary by cable service provider). Certified for use with most U.S. cable internet service providers. For a complete list see additional details below.
- Modem Technology: DOCSIS 3.1 is the newest technology available from cable internet providers. Its 10x faster than DOCSIS 3.0, provides better security, reduces lag while gaming & enables multi-gig networking (ability to run fast speeds on your copper cable from your internet provider).
- Simple and Secure Set-up: Plug-in the device, download the SURFboard Central App, and follow the instructions to activate the modem. Connect to a Wi-Fi router for networking.
- Compatibility: The SURFboard SB8200 is compatible with major U.S. cable internet providers including Cox (Gigablast), Spectrum (Internet Gig), Xfinity (Blast!/Extreme Pro) and others. It's approved for cable internet speed plans up to 1-Gbps. Check your Internet Service Provider (ISP) website to confirm compatibility.
- What's in the Box: When you purchase you will get an ARRIS SURFboard SB8200 Cable Modem, Power Supply, Quick-Start guide, and 2-year warranty card.
- Ethernet Ports: Has two 1-Gigabit ethernet ports to connect to a Wi-Fi router or other wired device.
- Dedicated Customer Support: Live Chat and Phone Support available 8am -1am EST. Product ships with 2-Year Limited Warranty.
When you make the decision to purchase your own modem, you’re not only powering your small office or home network with the latest technology- you’re also saving a great deal of money on modem rental fees!
The Arris Surfboard SB8200 is currently one of the most popular cable modems in the market right now- and it’s all for the right reasons.
The Arris Surfboard SB8200 is a DOCSIS 3.1 modem. DOCSIS is the newest technology that is currently being offered by many cable providers.
DOCSIS technology has been massively adopted by cable providers as it enables fast, reliable, and highly efficient internet speeds.
Pros & Cons
- Coverage up to 1,600 sq. ft. for up to 25 devices with AC1750 speed (up to 1750Mbps)
- Speeds by carrier: Xfinity (up to 300Mbps), Spectrum (up to 400Mbps), Cox (up to 250Mbps). NOT compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and any bundled voice service
- Replaces your cable modem and WiFi router saving you up to $168/yr in equipment rental fees
- Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and more with 4 x 1G Ethernet ports
- Share a storage drive with any connected device using the 2.0 USB port
- Ideal for Xfinity Internet Blast and Extreme Customers, and Time Warner MAXX Customers (up to Ultimate 300 plans)
- The first AC1750 16x4 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem Router
- AC1750 WiFi Router and DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem in one - from the #1 best selling home WiFi router company
- Up to 680 Mbps download speed for streaming 4K and HD videos, blazing fast downloads, and high speed online gaming
- Supports 16 download channels & 4 upload channels providing efficient and reliable Internet access even during peak hours
- ELIMINATE MONTHLY CABLE MODEM RENTAL FEES - Approximately $120/year savings
- Certified to work with cable Internet providers like Comcast XFINITY, Time Warner Cable, Cox, Cablevision, Bright House Networks, and more (Not compatible with Cable bundled voice services)
- Not yet certified for Charter - in process and expected soon
Compatible with Xfinity from Comcast, Spectrum, Cox, CableONE & more. Three-in-one DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem + AC1750 WiFi Router+ 4 Gigabit Wired Switch
Up to 680Mbps modem speed and Dual-Band AC1750 (2.4GHz & 5GHz) WiFi speed. 16×4 channel bonding/ Approved for plans up to 300 Mbps. DOCSIS 3.0 unleashes 16x faster download speeds than DOCSIS 2.0. Ideal for streaming HD videos, faster downloads, and high-speed online gaming
Pros & Cons
- Save monthly rental fees: Model CM500 replaces your cable modem, saving you up to $168/yr in equipment rental fees.
- Speeds by carrier: Spectrum (up to 400Mbps), Xfinity (up to 200Mbps), Cox (up to 150Mbps).
- Works with any wifi router: Connect any WiFi router to this modem's Ethernet port to support all your wireless devices.
- Ethernet connections: 1 Gigabit Ethernet port connects to your computer or separate WiFi router.
- Modem technology: Engineered with 16x4 channel bonding and DOCSIS 3.0.
The Netgear CM500 remains one of the best cable modems available, because it’s easy to find at most retailers; you can also find it for a little less than the Motorola MB7420 most of the time, making it a good value. (Modem prices can fluctuate so keep an eye peeled for the best tech deals when shopping for a cable modem.) Anytime you can find a new CM500 for $50 or less, that’s a good buy.
Netgear CM500 works with the biggest cable providers and supports speeds of up to 300 Mbps, which should be enough for the vast majority of Internet users out there. (If you’ve got a high-speed plan, look for a faster modem.)
5.ASUS Modem Router Combo
Pros & Cons
- Ditch the monthly cable modem rental fees save upto $120 per year
- Certified by comcast xfinity, spectrum (legacy time warner cable and charter) and cox
- All in one docsis 3.0 32x8 cable modem + ac2600 wifi router (4x4) provides full bandwidth internet access and expansive wireless coverage
- Stay connected with 4x gigabit ethernet and 2x USB 2.0 ports for your non wifi devices like external storage and printers including support for Apple time machine
- Perfect for streaming and gaming in hd, dual bands (2.4ghz / 5ghz) featuring the latest 802.11ac 32x8 channel bonding technology deliver upto 1.3 gbps download speeds; Ac input : 110v to 240v(50 to 60hz); Dc output : 19 v with max; 3.42 a current
While a high-end modem helps you scale beyond the monthly and accruing yearly rentals for the Comcast Xfinity plans, nothing beats the efficacy and compactness of the Asus CM-32 Modem-Router combo. This modem takes the functionality associated with your internet setup to a whole new level, courtesy of the highest possible speed limits of up to 2.5Gbps.
As far as the speed segregation is concerned, the ideal 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz speed limits offered by the Asus CM-32 accumulate up to 800Mbps and 1734Mbps, respectively. However, you are expected to get close to 300Mbps of ideal 2.4GHz speeds, as tested by our experts. For the shorter, 5GHz band, the equivalent speeds come down to 800Mbps to even 1Gbps at times, making this the perfect modem for the Xfinity Gigabit Pro plan.
Pros & Cons
- Combines a AC1900 Wi Fi Router with DOCSIS 3.0 24x8 modem into a 2 in 1 space saving, high performance device
- Eliminate monthly rental fees
- Experience high speed Wi Fi speeds from your existing ISP plans up to 300 Mbps. Ample bandwidth for HD video streaming, online gaming, and other Wi Fi data heavy activities
- Simple plug and play setup: Get started right out of the box with no CD setup
- Compatible with Comcast, Spectrum and Xfinity
The Linksys CG7500 is one of the best modem/router combo with the maximum speed that can go up to 1.9Gbps. Sound amazing right? This is something you will not find in most of the routers. Moreover, with 24 downstream and 8 upstream channels, you will receive the perfect speed you need for all your connections.
Linksys uses DOCSIS 3.0 which is 24 times faster than the previous version. Though it supports DOCSIS 3.0, 2.0 and 1.1 cable standards. Talking about the design of this modem, it looks absolutely stunning and more of a fantasy building-like structure. Once you look at it you will fall in love with it.
7.D-Link DOCSIS 3.0
Pros & Cons
- Compatible with Comcast Xfinity, Time Warner Cable, Charter, Cox, Cablevision, and more; Requires Cable Internet Service
- Not compatible with: Verizon, AT&T, or CenturyLink
- Cable Modem only (no WiFi router)
- Integrated home services
- Maximum downstream speeds: 30 Mbps (640QAM) / 43 Mbps (256QAM) / up to 320 Mbps through 8 channel bonding1; Maximum upstream speeds: 30 Mbps (TDMA) / 35 Mbps (SCDMA) / up to 160 Mbps1
- Modem only. Router not included
- Compatible with major US cable providers, including Comcast, Time Warner and more
- Up to 8 times faster than DOCSIS 2.0 with speeds of up to 343Mbps. DOCIS 3.0 compliant
- Gigabit Ethernet Port
- IPv6 Ready
- Eliminate monthly rental fees
The D-Link DCM-301 is one of the best options for you at a low budget, compatible with small businesses and homes. Also, this is just a cable modem and no built-in router is provided so that needs to be bought separately.
It is powered by DOCSIS 3.0 which is 8 times faster than any 2.0 version available. This makes it even easier to download large videos and games, stream HD videos and watch movies. Everything can be done at a great speed and seamless streaming. The device is also compatible with DOCSIS 2.0, 1.1, and 1.0 standards.
Best Internet Modem for Xfinity – While work from home is a new normal, one can’t rely on low-speed internet. After all, it would help if you had reliable, fast, and consistent connectivity to meet your deadlines and attend online business conferences.
Now that you know how an external modem helps you achieve high-speed internet, you’re just a step away from getting hands-on with one of the best options compatible with your ISP (i.e., Comcast by Xfinity.)