Best Long Distance Router – If you are looking for the best long-range WIFI router for your home or office, we have got the best suggestions for you. It has become imperative to get hold of an affordable long-range Wi-Fi router to get great speed and effective coverage.
We often suffer from poor network issues at home/offices with challenging layouts.
Pros & Cons
- Pocket sized Wireless N router Travels effortlessly
- Quickly create a secure Wi Fi hotspot to Share with family and friends; External Power Supply 5V/1A
- 300 Mbps Wi Fi speed on 2.4G hertz band for lag Free video streaming and online gaming
- Compatible with Chrome cast
- Micro USB port for Powering via an external adapter or USB port
- Suppots Router, AP, Client, Repeater and WISP operation modes
- Pre Encryption function sets initial SSID and password Protection. Antenna Type:On-Board
- Industry leading 2 year Warranty and unLimited 24/7 technical Support
- Extend existing Wi Fi to improve signal strength and maximize Coverage; Operating Temperature: 0℃-40℃ (32℉-104℉)
The presence of three 5dBi high gain antennas is perfect for a small to medium house that lets you never lose connection and enjoy a more stable internet.
Moreover, set up your N300 router in minutes all thanks to its intuitive web interface and the powerful Tether app that provides the easiest way to access and manage your router on your smartphone.
2.Tenda WiFi Extender
Pros & Cons
- EXTEND YOUR WI-FI COVERAGE: Tenda A18 WiFi extender boost Internet Wi-Fi coverage up to 1292 sq.ft and connects up to 20 devices - Compatible with Wi-Fi router, gateway, access point ( 2.4GHz - 300Mbps / 5GHz - 867Mbps )
- TAKE YOU 8S TO SET UP: With 2 simple taps, Tenda A18 WiFi booster will be ready to connect. Smart indicator light helps to install in best optimal location in your home. Only take you 8s to set up and get stable wifi signal
- DUAL BAND HIGH SPEED WIFI: With dual band speeds of up to 1167 Mbps ( 867Mbps on 5GHz WiFi band and 300Mbps on 2.4GHz band), Tenda A18 wifi signal booster can automatically switch to high-quality band for better performance.
- WIFI AP FUNCTION: Tenda A18 internet booster wireless range extender has fast ethernet port, connect a wired device to WiFi, like smart TV, printer, blu-ray player, game console; also supports access point mode to create a new AC1200 WiFi network.
- ENJOY WI-FI WITHOUT DEAD ZONE: Tenda A18 extend the network coverage of any wireless routers or ISP gateways on the market by using this WiFi extender for the house; with white color and compact wall-plug design, this extender easily blends Into your home décor.
- UNIVERSAL WI-FI COMPATIBILITY: Tenda A18 WiFi repeater can connect with any type of devices, including wired devices via Fast Ethernet port. System Requirements - Microsoft Windows, Mac OS, NetWare, UNIX or Linux.
Tenda F3 is one of the most affordable long-range wifi routers on this list and comes with decent coverage and speed.
The wireless router is ideal for small and medium houses.
You will enjoy the super-easy setup interface that will allow you to access the Internet effortlessly.
3.NETGEAR R6700 – AC1750
Pros & Cons
- Maximum Range : 1500 Sq Ft
- Recommended for up to 25 devices: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices
- Wired Ethernet ports: Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other nearby wired devices with 4 x 1 gigabit Ethernet ports
- Loaded with advanced technology: Designed with a 1GHz dual core processor, 3 amplified antennas, Beamforming plus, Dynamic QoS, Smart Connect, and more
- USB connections: Share a storage drive or printer with any connected device or create a personal cloud storage to access from anywhere, using the 1 x 3.0 USB port
- Safe & secure: Supports WPA2 wireless security protocols. Includes Guest Wi-Fi access, DOS, Firewall, VPN, and more
- NETGEAR Armor protects your family's WiFi with an automatic shield of security across all your connected devices with a 30-day free trial
- NETGEAR Smart Parental Controls promotes healthy Internet habits, fosters responsibility and builds trust with your kids (30-day free trial included)
- Safe & secure: Supports WPA2 wireless security protocols. Includes Guest Wi-Fi access, DOS, Firewall, VPN, and more. System requirements: Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 10, Vista, XP, 2000, Mac OS, UNIX, or Linux. Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.4, or Google Chrome 11.0 browsers or higher
Netgear’s R6700 is a large router that packs a 1Ghz dual-core processor that’s designed for large homes. It is a mid-range router that supports up to 450Mbps on the 2.4Ghz frequency band and up to 1300Mbps on the 5Ghz frequency band. It measures 11.22 x 7.26 x 1.97 in (HWD) and weighs a little over 1.6 pounds.
The R6700 is part of the Nighthawk series and uses the same housing design as its bigger brother, R7000. The R6700 is very sturdy and it has it has a wide base with rubber feet so it won’t slip and slide all over a surface. Netgear’s nighthawk routers can be wall-mounted if space is limited.
Netgear is using the same exterior design as the popular R7000 AC1900 Nighthawk in the R6700. The internal hardware components of the R6700 are identical to the R7000.
4.D-Link WiFi 6
Pros & Cons
- Expands WiFi 6 coverage for all your security cameras, smart doorbells, laptops, mobile phones, tablets, game consoles, and more
- D-Link WiFi Mesh and Smart Connect keep your devices connected to the strongest signal as you move throughout your home
- Next-Gen AX1800 Dual-Band Speeds with 4-streams and up to 574 Mbps (2.4GHz) plus 1201 Mbps (5GHz)
- Add WiFi connectivity to a wired device by connecting to the Gigabit Ethernet port
- Supports SmartConnect, MU-MIMO, OFDMA, ATF, 80 MHz
- Easy setup, management with D-Link Wi-Fi App and auto firmware updates
- Locate the best spot for placement with the smart signal indicator
The router looks quite eye-catching and helps in meeting your entire Internet-related requirement.
The high-performance router allows you to share your broadband internet connection with all your devices. If you are planning to buy the router, you need to shell out Rs 999.
5.ASUS WiFi Router
Pros & Cons
- Maximum Range : 2000 Sq Ft
- Concurrent 300 Mbps(2 4GHz) and 867 Mbps (5GHz) throughput for high speed wireless performance
- Enjoy the ASUSWRT dashboard UI for easy setup and manage your router
- Improved coverage and multi device performance with four external antennas — two each for the 2 4 GHz and 5 GHz bands
- Advanced parental control helps you protect your children from Internet addiction You can restrict the times that each device can access the internet by applying scheduled time limits
- ASUS Router App makes your connected life easier.
- 10/100 Fast Ethernet ports: WAN x 1, LAN x 4
The ASUS RT long-range WiFi router has a strong network coverage and range to create a whole-home WiFi network. In addition, the ASUSWRT dashboard offers an easy setup, so that you can manage your router comfortably.
The router offers speeds up to 600 Mbps on 2.4 Ghz frequency that allows lag-free streaming, gaming, and a lot more. It lets you stream 4K content and you can also use speeds up to 867 Mbps on the 5 GHz band. The device comes equipped with four Gigabit LANs that allow to speed up to 4 Gbps simultaneously.
6.ASUS ROG Rapture
Pros & Cons
- Triple level game acceleration accelerate game traffic With device, game packet and game server prioritization
- Cutting edge hardware offers the best performance 1.8 GigaHertz Quad Core cpu and 2.5 G gaming port for ultimate performance
- Your own gaming mesh network Compatible with ASUS AiMesh Wi Fi system for seamless whole home coverage.Memory:256 MB Flash,1 GB RAM
- ASUS wrt enables support for open, advanced monitoring and control which includes device bandwidth utilization as well as device or usage prioritization
- ASUS AiProtection security to neutralize internet threats before they hit your network
- Nextgen ax Wi Fi is backward compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi Fi devices and Supports current Wi Fi devices. Operating Frequency:2.4 GigaHertz, 5 GigaHertz 1, 5 GigaHertz 2
The Asus ROG Rapture GT is a beastly gaming router with eight antennas and plenty processing power to handle simultaneous VR gaming and 4K streaming. The router has been designed to offer uncompromised WiFi performance under all circumstances, and it achieves this goal by featuring a top-of-the-line 1.8 GHz 64-bit quad-core CPU that puts many desktop processors to shame.
The Asus ROG Rapture GT router can create three separate wireless networks — two on the 5 GHz band and one on the 2.4 GHz band. With multiple networks, you can separate work from other activities for maximum stability.
7.NETGEAR Nighthawk AX12
Pros & Cons
- COMPATIBILITY: Works with existing WiFi devices and new WiFi 6 devices like iPhone 11, Galaxy Note 10, Galaxy S10
- 12 SIMULTANEOUS STREAMS: Provides more capacity so more devices can use WiFi at the same time.
- WIRED ETHERNET PORTS: Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other nearby wired devices with 4 x 1G and 1 x 2.5/5G Ethernet ports.
- LOADED WITH ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: Designed with a 64bit 2.2GHz quad-core processor, 8 amplified antennas, Beamforming+, MU-MIMO, Smart Connect, OFDMA, Amazon Alexa Voice Controls, and more.
- USB CONNECTIONS: Share a storage drive with any connected device, and create a personal cloud storage to access from anywhere, using the 2 x 3.0 USB ports.
- SMART PARENTAL CONTROLS: The Nighthawk app lets you manage device internet access and filter websites.
- SAFE & SECURE: Supports WPA2/WPA3 wireless security protocols. Includes Guest WiFi access, DoS, Firewall, VPN, and more.
The Netgear Nighthawk AX12 is a formidable WiFi 6 router that looks just like Kylo Ren’s command shuttle. But instead of bringing you to the dark side, it will bring a strong WiFi signal and super-fast speeds to every corner of your house or apartment, allowing you to enjoy 4K UHD streaming, gaming, and video conferencing without lag and other annoyance.
Thanks to its support for the latest generation of WiFi standards, the router offers 4-times the capacity of older-generation routers while delivering a 40% increase in data throughput and offering 100% backwards compatibility with devices that don’t support WiFi 6.
Best Long Distance Router – Also, another notable point is that the 5 Ghz band will offer only 70% of the range of 2.4 Ghz coverage typically. So for longer range, the 2.4 Ghz band is more effective and for higher speeds, the 5 Ghz band is better.