Best Mediacom Modem – Having your own router or modem router combo for Mediacom makes a lot of sense if you are planning to stay in one location for a long period of time, want more control over your network, want more security for your connection and want a powerful device that can handle the load of a modern day household.
Here are Mediacom’s internet plans and what cable modem and gateway I recommend for each one. I will change this as they add modems to their list of authorized modems.
Pros & Cons
- Compatible with all major cable internet providers with internet speed up to 1Gbps. Currently certified with Spectrum and Cox (up to 1Gbps), Xfinity (up to 800Mbps). Not compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and any bundled voice service.
- Save monthly rental fees: Model CM1000 replaces your cable modem saving you up to dollar 168/year in equipment rental fees.
- Works with any Wi-Fi router: Connect any Wi-Fi router to this modem's Ethernet port to support all your wireless devices.
- Ethernet connections: 1 Gigabit Ethernet port connects to your computer or separate Wi-Fi router.
The Netgear CM1000 is an elegant, sleek, and easy to install modem which works on DOCSIS 3.1 technology (with backward compatibility, which means you can use it with DOCSIS 3.0 or previous versions.) It is also a great upgrade in the series. Once installed, you can avail seamless and stable service without any disturbance
The 32 x 8 channel device can flawlessly download at 1Gbps and upload at the same speed as we found during our tests. Pair it with a reliable Wireless router that’s suitable for your needs and you wouldn’t ever face internet connectivity issues due to the equipment.
2.ARRIS Surfboard SBG7580AC
Pros & Cons
- Works with Comcast, Time Warner, Cox, Charter and MOST Small Regional Cable Providers. PENDING approval Bright House Networks
The Arris SurfBoard SBG7580AC is a modem-router combo that packs a punch, not just in the specification but also in performance. It’s a powerful product with a strong signal and high bandwidth for your Wi-Fi needs. It won’t leave you disappointed.
It connects fast, has long-range connectivity. There aren’t any lags or gaps in transmission and a couple of devices can stream simultaneously since it has tested download speeds of 1.4Gbps and uploads at 343Mbps.
3.ASUS Modem Router Combo
Pros & Cons
- Ditch the monthly cable modem rental fees save upto $120 per year
- Certified by comcast xfinity, spectrum (legacy time warner cable and charter) and cox
- All in one docsis 3.0 32x8 cable modem + ac2600 wifi router (4x4) provides full bandwidth internet access and expansive wireless coverage
- Stay connected with 4x gigabit ethernet and 2x USB 2.0 ports for your non wifi devices like external storage and printers including support for Apple time machine
- Perfect for streaming and gaming in hd, dual bands (2.4ghz / 5ghz) featuring the latest 802.11ac 32x8 channel bonding technology deliver upto 1.3 gbps download speeds; Ac input : 110v to 240v(50 to 60hz); Dc output : 19 v with max; 3.42 a current
The ASUS CM-32 pays for its services. This DOCSIS 3.0 based cable modem and a Wi-Fi router combo are equipped with 32 x 8 channel bonding for download speeds up to 1.3Gbps and upload at a steady 12Mbps. The AC2600 Wi-Fi provides faster speeds that you can rarely imagine which makes this device best suited for high-speed activities such as attending online lectures or video conferencing, high-end gaming, and streaming gameplay on the platforms like Twitch.
The modem-router combo has 4 antennas and AiRadar technology to give you superior service. The machine has a wide transmission range and is very sensitive. Your home now has connectivity all the time. You can configure multiple devices to the same connection and still get the same speeds.
Pros & Cons
- Coverage up to 1,800 sq. ft. for up to 30 devices with AC1900 speed (up to 1900Mbps)
- Replaces your cable modem and Wi-Fi router, saving you up to Dollar 168/year in equipment rental fees
- Speeds by carrier: Xfinity (up to 600Mbps), Cox (up to 500Mbps), Spectrum (up to 400Mbps)
- Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and more with 4 x 1G Ethernet ports
- Share a storage drive with any connected device using the 2.0 USB port
The Docsis 3.0 technology modem-router combo is suitable for plans up to 400 Mbps. It will cover all of your devices within a range of 1800 sq. ft. It can cover almost 30 devices. It has 4 Ethernet ports and 2 USB Ports to give you fast connectivity to printers, consoles, and storage devices.
It is extremely fast, with download speeds up to 1.9Gbps and upload of 6.1Mbps. It is simply great for HD gaming and video streaming. The 1.6GHz processor just adds to it.
Pros & Cons
- OneMesh Compatible Router- Form a seamless WiFi when work with TP-Link OneMesh WiFi Extenders
- Router for wireless internet, works with Alexa, compatible with all Wi-Fi devices, 802.11ac and older
- Dual band router upgrades to 1750 Mbps high speed internet(450mbps for 2.4GHz, 1300Mbps for 5GHz), reducing buffering and ideal for 4K streaming
- Gigabit Router with 4 Gigabit LAN ports, fast access to multiple connected wired devices, Ideal as a gaming router
- Integrated USB port acts as a media Server, easily share your USB drive content
- TP-Link tether app easily set up and remotely manage your home network
- Works with all internet service providers, such as AT&T, Verizon, Xfinity, Spectrum, RCN, Cox, CenturyLink, Frontier, etc.( a modem is required for most internet service providers)
Your search for the perfect modem router ends here. The Docsis 3.0 based TP-Link Archer CR700 AC1750 is not your average, everyday internet connection device. It is replete with a lot of modern features and advanced functionalities.
For starters, the router is certified for multiple networks and platforms, You can connect it with your desktops, mobiles, AI devices, and other electronic equipment around the house due to its 16 x 4 channel bonding.
Pros & Cons
- Fast 24x8 DOCSIS 3.0 cable Modem Plus a built-in AC1900 Dual band (2.4GHz and 5GHz) Wi-Fi Gigabit Router with four Gigabit (GigE) Ethernet ports, power boost Wi-Fi amplifiers, firewall security, and more. The maximum modem speed is 1000 Mbps, supporting service speeds up to 650.
- Eliminate up to 156 dollars per year in cable Modem rental fees. (Savings are shown for Comcast Xfinity and vary by cable service provider.) certified by all leading cable service providers including Comcast Xfinity, Cox, Charter spectrum (no cable Modem is compatible with fiber optic, DSL, or satellite services, available from Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, Frontier, and others.)
- Built-in high-speed router with AC1900 wireless and Power boost - Provides internet access for Wi-Fi devices including smartphones, notebooks, tablets, and more. 4 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports provide wired connections to Windows and Mac computers and other Ethernet-capable devices. A Broadcom cable Modem Chipset provides security from denial of service attacks.
- Wireless power boost for better speed and range - Adds high-performance Wi-Fi power amplifiers to boost the wireless signals to the legal limit, giving a significant Boost in speed and range. In addition, anybeam Performing at both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies focuses the signal on wireless clients to further enhance performance and range
The Motorola MG7700 combines an AC1900 dual-band wireless router technology with a DOCSIS 3.0 24×8 channel cable to deliver high-speed Wi-Fi access to its clients.
The performance that the Motorola MG7700 can provide and the relatively affordable price tag that comes with it makes this router/modem an excellent alternative and upgrade to the default unit that your ISP provides.
7.ARRIS Surfboard SB6183-RB
Pros & Cons
- APPROVED with Comcast Xfinity, Spectrum (Charter, Time Warner, Brighthouse), Cox and more. If not sure call your cable provider to find out if approved to use. REQUIRES Cable Internet Service. Not compatible with: Verizon, AT&T, or CenturyLink
- Cable Modem only (no WiFi router). NO support for Cable TELCO options
- Internet speeds up to 686 Mbps on 16 Download Channels and 131 Mbps on 4 Upload Channels, based on your cable ISP subscription. Approved for plans up to 400Mbps. Gigabit Ethernet port to connect to computer or router
- Great for streaming HD Video and gaming on multiple devices at a time
- 90 Day Warranty. ARRIS Certified Refurbished. US Technical support. ARRIS Certified Refurbished products will ALWAYS be branded ARRIS, Never Motorola! If you get Motorola branded product they are illegitimate, need to be returned to Seller and Reported to Amazon
If you are currently subscribed for any mid-range Mediacom internet plan, the ARRIS SURFboard SB6183 is one of the better modems to purchase. Besides helping you ditch the mounting rentals, this device also exhibits excellent compatibility levels, regardless of the router. Moreover, this is easily one of the more affordable modems in the retail space with DOCSIS 3.0 technology to rely on.
For starters, the SURFboard SB6183 is one of the smallest modems on the list, which offers what it is supposed to. Unlike some of the more overwhelming modem-router combos, this device doesn’t look to dominate the ISP but complements the same. With 16 downstream and 4 upstream data channels to work with, this mid-range modem is good enough for 1080p streaming and online gaming.
Best Mediacom Modem – With the increase of connected devices to the network, it has become more important than ever before to ensure that you have the best router for Mediacom internet.
You may love the speed tier you subscribe to, but do you love the fees that come tagged on to your monthly bill? Incredibly, there is a $10 monthly rental fee, and this is not all. The rates have been jumping up over the years. Many of our readers complained about the $10 activation fee and $100 installation fee.