Best Modem for 150mbps – For most people, the best cable modem is the Motorola MB7420. It works with a wide variety of internet providers, including Comcast, Spectrum and Cox, and it delivers speeds that will serve the greatest number of people (anyone whose internet plan tops out at 300 Mbps).
Its two-year warranty is twice as long as the warranty for the Netgear CM500, which also performed reliably in our tests. Since the CM500 usually costs less than the MB7420, it’s a worthy alternative for bargain hunters.
- COMPATIBLE WITH MAJOR CABLE INTERNET PROVIDERS: Including Xfinity, Spectrum, Cox, and more. NOT compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and any bundled voice service
- BUILT FOR ULTIMATE SPEED: Best for cable provider plans up to 6Gbps
- FAST WIFI 6 PERFORMANCE: Up to 3,000 sq. ft. wireless coverage with dual-band WiFi 6 (AX6000) speed (up to 6Gbps)
- VERSATILE CONNECTIONS: One 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet port, 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports and one USB 3.0 port give fast wired connections to your computer, printer, game box, storage drive, and other devices
- MODEM TECHNOLOGY: DOCSIS 3.1 and 32x8 channel bonding
One reviewer, who had seven devices —including iPhones, Xbox gaming consoles, and PCs — all dragging down their internet speed, noticed a massive speed boost after purchasing the CM1000.
“I’m very happy and impressed on how drastically this improved my speed,” they write. “Plugged in everything, set up everything, then I tested my speed. And Jesus. I was getting 235 Mbps download and 12 Upload 10 ping.” Other reviewers mention the simple setup process: “The new modem was up and running in less than ten minutes.
- ELIMINATE MONTHLY CABLE MODEM RENTAL FEES Up to $120 per year
- Two in One DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem + WiFi Router with 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports and 1 USB 2.0 port.System Requirements Microsoft Windows 7, 8, Vista, XP, 2000, Mac OS, or other operating systems running a TCP/IP network. Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.4, or Google Chrome 11.0 browsers or higher
- Up to 340Mbps modem speed and Dual Band N450 (2.4GHz & 5GHz) WiFi speed. 8x4 channel bonding, Denial of Service (DoS) attack prevention
- DOCSIS 3.0 unleashes 8x faster download speeds than DOCSIS 2.0
- Ideal for streaming HD videos, faster downloads, and high speed online gaming
- Required for the fastest cable Internet speed tiers.Use with an N300 adapter like NETGEAR WNA3100 for maximum performance
- Compatibe with Xfinity from Comcast, Spectrum, Cox, & more. Not compatible with bundled voice services..Wifi technology:802.11n Dual Band Gigabit
This DOCSIS 3.1 cable modem router device comes in handy if you’re streaming in HD and gaming daily. You can use it with cable internet plans of up to 2 Gbps and it has up to 6 Gbps WiFi speeds, while the maximum download speed is up to 1000 Mbps.
The 3 antennas and amplifiers boost the signal throughout the entire house. It is compatible with Xfinity, by Comcast, Spectrum, and COX. It covers up to 3000 square feet of your home.
- 16x4 DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem plus a built-in AC1600 Dual Band (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) WiFi Gigabit Router with four Gigabit (GigE) Ethernet ports, a firewall, and more. This product is recommended for actual cable Internet service speeds up to 375 Mbps. A Broadcom cable modem chipset provides security from Denial of Service attacks.
- Requires cable Internet service. Approved by Comcast Xfinity and Xfinity X1, Cox, Charter Spectrum, BrightHouse, WOW., CableOne, RCN, Mediacom and other cable service providers. Eliminate cable modem rental fees up to 168 dollars per year. (Savings are shown for Xfinity and vary by provider). Not compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink and other fiber optic, DSL or satellite services. Model MG7540 does not have a phone jack. This model cannot be used for making or receiving telephone calls.
- Built-in high-speed Wi-Fi router with AC1600 Wi-Fi provides Internet access for Wi-Fi devices including smartphones, notebooks, tablets, game stations, HDTVs, Amazon Echo, Google Home, Chromecast, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and AppleTV. 4 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports provide wired connections to Windows and Mac computers, HDTVs, game stations, streaming TV devices, and other Ethernet-capable devices.
- The router can work on WiFi DFS frequencies, unlike most routers, so it is much less vulnerable to WiFi interference from neighbors. AnyBeam beamforming at both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies focuses the signal on wireless clients to further enhance performance and range.
- Integrating the cable modem and router creates a reliable connection that reduces unwieldy wiring and power adapter clutter while conserving desk space. The vertical design minimizes shelf space and improves cooling while looking great in any home or office. A 2-year warranty plus rugged lightning and power surge circuits protect your investment.
The first modem router combo from Motorola features a DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem plus a built-in AC1600 dual-band WiFi 1-gigabit router which gives you speeds of up to 1600 Mbps.
It comes with 4 gigabit Ethernet ports and it is best to use it with cable providers that offer speeds up to 375 Mbps. The Broadcom cable modem chipset gives you security from DoS attacks.
The MG7540 can be used with a variety of providers, such as Xfinity and Xfinity X1, Spectrum, BrightHouse, Time Warner Cable, COX, WOW!, RCN, WOW!, Mediacom and others. Note that it’s not compatible with CenturyLink, AT&T, Verizon, DSL, and satellite services.
- 16x4 DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem plus a built-in AC1900 Dual Band (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) WiFi Gigabit Router with four Gigabit (GigE) Ethernet ports, a firewall DFS, Power Boost, and more. This product is recommended for actual cable Internet service speeds up to 375 Mbps. A Broadcom cable modem chipset provides security from Denial of Service attacks. WiFi performance is exceptionally good, even in multi-dwelling units with lots of WiFi noise from neighbors. DFS and Power Boost are key
- Requires cable Internet service. Approved by and for use with Comcast Xfinity and Xfinity X1, Cox, Charter Spectrum, Time Warner Cable, Suddenlink, WOW., CableOne and other cable service providers. Eliminate cable modem rental fees up to 156 dollars per year. (Savings are shown for Xfinity and vary by cable service provider. No cable modem is compatible with fiber optic, DSL, or satellite services from Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, Frontier, and others. Model MG7550 has no phone jack.)
- Built-in high-speed Wi-Fi router with AC1900 Wi-Fi, and Power Boost, and DFS provides Internet access for Wi-Fi devices including smartphones, notebooks, tablets, game stations, HDTVs, Amazon Echo, Google Home, Chromecast, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and AppleTV. Four 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports provide wired connections to Windows and Mac computers, HDTVs, game stations, streaming TV devices, and other Ethernet-capable devices.
- Wireless Power Boost adds high-performance WiFi power amplifiers to boost the wireless signals to the legal limit, giving a significant boost in speed and range. The router can work on WiFi DFS frequencies, unlike most routers, so it is much less vulnerable to WiFi interference from neighbors. In addition, AnyBeam beamforming at both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies focuses the signal on wireless clients to further enhance performance and range.
- Integrating the cable modem and router creates a reliable connection that reduces unwieldy wiring and power adapter clutter while conserving desk space. The vertical design minimizes shelf space and improves cooling while looking great in any home or office. A two-year warranty plus rugged lightning and power surge circuits protect your investment.
The second Motorola on the list, MG7550, has a DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem and a dual-band AC1900 WiFi router with 4 gigabit Ethernet ports.
This combo should be used with cable provider plans of up to 375 Mbps. The Broadcom chipset saves you from DoS attacks, while Power Boost technology amplifies the WiFi signal which can cover an entire medium-sized home.
You can use the MG7550 with Xfinity, Xfinity X1, Spectrum, COX, Time Warner Cable, WOW!, Suddenlink, CableOne, and others. You cannot use it with DSL, or satellite services from Verizon, Frontier AT&T, CenturyLink, and fiber optic.
- COMPATIBLE WITH ALL MAJOR CABLE INTERNET PROVIDERS: Including certification by Xfinity by Comcast, COX, and Spectrum. NOT compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and any bundled voice service.
- SAVE MONTHLY RENTAL FEES: Model C6250 replaces your cable modem and WiFi router saving you up to $168/yr in equipment rental fees.
- SPEEDS BY CARRIER: Spectrum (up to 300Mbps), Xfinity (up to 200Mbps), Cox (up to 150Mbps).
- FAST WiFi PERFORMANCE: Get up to 1500 sq ft wireless coverage and 25 devices connected with AC1600 speed (up to 1600 Mbps).
- VERSATILE CONNECTIONS: 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports and 1 USB port give you fast wired connections to your computer, printer, game box, storage drive, and other devices.
- MODEM TECHNOLOGY: Engineered with 16x4 channel bonding and DOCSIS 3.0.
- SAFE & SECURE: Includes parental controls, and supports WEP and WPA/WPA2 wireless security protocols.
- The List of supported "Internet Service Providers" is available in the "Compatibility Guide" under "Product guides and documents" Section
On a slightly higher price range, there’s NETGEAR C6250. However, not a lot of modem router combos give you up to 1500 square feet coverage and connection to up to 25 devices.
The C6250 is compatible with Xfinity, COX, and Spectrum. However, you won’t be able to use it with CenturyLink, DSL providers, Verizon, AT&T, DirecTV, DISH, and bundled voice service providers.
It works best with provider plans with up to 300 Mbps of speed, while the router can give you up to 1600 Mbps wireless connection speed, perfect if you’re into HD streaming or gaming.
6.NETGEAR Nighthawk Cable Modem
- Coverage up to 1,800 sq. ft. for up to 30 devices with AC1900 speed (up to 1900Mbps)
- Replaces your cable modem and Wi-Fi router, saving you up to Dollar 168/year in equipment rental fees
- Speeds by carrier: Xfinity (up to 800Mbps), Cox (up to 500Mbps), Spectrum (up to 400Mbps)
- Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and more with 4 x 1G Ethernet ports
- Share a storage drive with any connected device using the 2.0 USB port
The C7000 is a 24×8 channel bonding modem DOCSIS 3.0, meaning it secures your network and gives you faster speeds. 24 channels are used for downstream and 8 channels are used when you. It also supports WPA and WPA2, as well as WEP security protocols. Plus, it has parental control features.
Internet streaming downloading speed you can expect from this device goes up to 960 Mbps, while the WiFi speeds go up to 1.9 Gbps. The WiFi signal powered by 3 antennas can cover up to 1800 square feet of your home, but it also works in homes up to 2,500 square feet. You can connect up to 30 devices and use 4 gigabit Ethernet ports, as well as 2 USB ports for external devices.
7.ARRIS SURFboard SBG7600AC2
- DOCSIS Cable Modem, AC2350 dual-band Wi-Fi, 4 port Gigabit Router (cable digital voice service not supported)
- Compatible with major U.S. Cable Internet Providers including Cox, Spectrum, Xfinity & others. Cable internet service required. Not compatible with ATT, Verizon, CenturyLink or other DSL or Fiber internet providers.
- 32 downstream & 8 upstream channels. Best for cable internet speed plans up to 800 Mbps.
- Wave 2 AC2350 dual-band concurrent Wi-Fi Router with 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- Setup and manage your network with the SURFboard Manager app
SURFboard SBG7600AC2 from ARRIS is an excellent modem router combo option in the slightly higher price tag. Still, if offers excellent features.
This combo comes with a DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem, a dual-band Wi-Fi router AC2350, and another 4-port Gigabit router. It is compatible with Xfinity, Spectrum, and COX. You cannot use AT&T, Century Link, or Verizon with this combo.
It can give you speeds up to 1.4 Gbps and Wi-Fi speeds up to 2350 Mbps. The Wi-Fi router has 4 gigabit Ethernet ports and 8 upstream and 32 downstream channels. The signal is adequate for mid and large-sized homes.
Best Modem for 150mbps – Here’s a closer look at the best cable modems based on our testing. No matter which one you end buying, just make sure you’re getting a modem that’s compatible with your ISP and pick a device that delivers speeds in line with your service plan.