Best Modem for Centurylink – This is something that we all need to be aware of because it is true that having your own modem will allow you to save good money in a single year. If you are thinking of getting a DSL modem for your house instead of using a modem provided by Century Link, then you are definitely doing the right thing for you.
So, if you are wondering what all the compatible DSL modems are available in the market for Century Link, we have listed and reviewed the same for you. Not only this, but to help you further we have given some extra details that will be beneficial for you.
Pros & Cons
- Save monthly rental fees: Model CM500 replaces your cable modem, saving you up to $168/yr in equipment rental fees.
- Speeds by carrier: Spectrum (up to 400Mbps), Xfinity (up to 200Mbps), Cox (up to 150Mbps).
- Works with any wifi router: Connect any WiFi router to this modem's Ethernet port to support all your wireless devices.
- Ethernet connections: 1 Gigabit Ethernet port connects to your computer or separate WiFi router.
- Modem technology: Engineered with 16x4 channel bonding and DOCSIS 3.0.
This DSL Modem from Netgear is one of the best modems available. You can easily set up the model by plugging the coaxial cable into the modem and activating it. With this modem, you can save money every month. The modem can offer Internet of high speeds depending on the network provider. If the provider is Spectrum, the Internet speed would be up to 400 Mbps; for Infinity, the rate is up to 200 Mbps, and Cox offers 150 Mbps.
The modem can work with all major brands of WiFi routers. This modem is built with 16×4 channel bonding and DOCSIS 3.0 to perform as desired. The ethernet port can be connected to your computer or the WiFi router.
2.NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900
Pros & Cons
- Compatible with only DSL internet service providers such as CenturyLink (non-bonded VDSL) and Frontier (non-bonded VDSL)
- Not compatible with upgraded vectoring CenturyLink DSLAM
- Please contact your ISP for PPPoE username/password and VPI/VCI information before installation
- Not compatible with Verizon FiOS, AT&T U-Verse or bonded VDSL
This modem works with DSL internet service providers only like CenturyLink when Frontier. It is equipped with an Auto-detection wizard that will allow you to access the internet faster. You can enjoy high-speed internet of up to 1.9 Gbps. This modem has high-powered amplifiers and external antennas. The beamforming technology of this modem shows that high-speed internet can be attained at long distances.
You can use this modem to stream high-definition content and to play games online. The modem has 2 USB ports and is relatively easy to install and use. You can share essential files across your network. If you have devices like Samsung Galaxy, iPhone 6, iPad, and more, it can perfectly access the Internet with this modem
Pros & Cons
- Ultra-fast DOCSIS 3.1 performance - Delivers true Gigabit-plus speeds. Supports fast internet plans with Comcast Xfinity, Cox, and Spectrum. Backward compatible with 32x8 DOCSIS 3.0.
- Pairs with any WiFi router - Seamlessly compatible with any WiFi router to connect all your devices. This cable modem does NOT have a built-in wireless router or telephone call capability.
- Multi-gigabit Ethernet speed - A 2.5 GB Ethernet port delivers true high-speed connectivity to even the fastest routers and computers, providing downstream speeds just below 2,500 Mbps and upstream speeds up to 800 Mbps when supported by your internet service plan.
- Fast streaming, conferencing, gaming - Applies Active Queue Management (AQM) for reduced Internet latency and better app performance, including online gaming, conferencing, and streaming.
- Extreme cost savings - Owning your own modem typically saves the home $168 per year in monthly rental charges. (Savings described is for Comcast Xfinity and vary by service provider.)
- Built for reliability - Motorola is a worldwide leader in technology people depend on. Comes with a 2-year warranty and free support from our team of USA technicians.
This router from Motorola provides high-speed internet over an extended range of distances. The router does not have a cable modem built within it. You can use this dual-band router to use WiFi to connect to your computers, tablets, smartphones, and game stations. It has four external antennas that can be adjusted to get the best service.
You can also watch your favorite shows from different streaming stations such as Amazon Prime, Netflix, and YouTube. It is designed using MU-MIMO technology that improves the speed of your network and allows multiple devices to use the internet at the same time.
4.Actiontec 300 Mbps
Pros & Cons
- Compatible with ADSL CenturyLink (NOT their VDSL) and major DSL service providers
- Not compatible with Verizon FIOS, AT&T U-verse or cable systems such as Comcast,Time Warner, Cablevision, Cox, Charter etc. WIRELESS SECURITY: TKIP, AES encryption, 802.1x authentication,Pre-Shared Key (PSK),MAC Address Filtering
- Preconfigured for simple setup and will auto-detect your specific service settings. Includes high-grade firewall, parental controls and a variety of protections and encryptions.
- Three products in one: full-rate ADSL 2/2+ modem, 4-port switch, and 300 Mbps wireless-N router. INTERFACES: Four 10/100 Ethernet Local Area Network, One Asymmetric digital subscriber line ( ADSL ) Port
- With the latest 802.11n technology your newer devices will achieve wireless N speeds.Backwards compatibility ensures that older wireless devices are supported, giving your wireless network the best of both worlds.The modem has been tested for maximum performance on all major DSL providers and supports ADSL2+ with speeds up to 24 Mbps downstream.
This router is pre-configured and can be set up quickly. It is compatible with all major DSL service providers. It does not work with Cox, Time Warner, and other cable systems. The router is built with the latest technology and offers high-speed internet. The router supports older devices and the latest devices. The router has been tested with ADSL2 and DSL providers before being sold. It is designed with MU-MIMO technology and eliminates dead spots.
The router has a strong firewall that keeps the network safe from intruders. The security Protocol consists of WPA and WPA2 encryptions along with a unique Id. You do not need any CDs to install this router.
Pros & Cons
- Energy efficient design
- Actiontec GEU003AD3B-01 1-Port DSL Modem
- Web site blocking
- Port Forwarding
- Multiple Security Levels
This router has an energy-saving design. It is built with site blocking features to block unwanted sites. The router has many security levels to protect your network. With this router, you can download large files and play high graphic games easily. You can connect to this router automatically. It works with all major DSL service providers. The router consumes 30% less power compared to other routers. With the additional ethernet ports, you can connect multiple devices to this router.
You can access the Web activity log with this router. The router also supports unnumbered with VIP mode. There is no CD to install this router; the installing process is hassle-free. It is a perfect addition to your house.
Pros & Cons
- WiFi 6 antenna - 2.4 GHz/5 GHz 802.11ax (backwards compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n/ac)
- Dynamic QoS - Prioritizes internet traffic by application and device for smoother streaming
- 5 Gigabit ports (1 WAN + 4 LAN)
- Smart Connect - Intelligently selects the fastest WiFi band for every device connection
- Supports fiber speeds up to 2.5 Gbps download/1 Gbps upload
The Greenwave C4000XG is the newest modem/router available for CenturyLink internet plans and has some features that really make it stand out. First, the device comes equipped with Wi-Fi 6 technology, with dual-band 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz 802.11ax. It automatically selects the fastest band of each device, so you can feel confident you’re getting the fastest speeds available. The Greenwave device is well-suited to CenturyLink’s Fiber Gigabit plan.
The Greenwave device is relatively new and doesn’t yet have much feedback online, but the features that customers cited as their favorites include ease of installation, a strong Wi-Fi signal and technical support.
Pros & Cons
- CenuryLink C3000Z
- ZyXEL C3000Z Modem
- CenturyLink XYTEL 802.11n and 802.11ac Wi-Fi- Router
- CenturyLink Router
- UMEC UP0251M-12PA AC Adapter
If you are looking for a modem that can be installed and used efficiently, this is the one for you. The router offers high-speed, internet over extended areas. You can buy this router at an affordable price. The router is sheer and can be used by everyone. This router works with DSL service providers. Before purchasing this router, ensure that it works with your service provider.
If you are looking for a router that can last for a long time, this is not the one for you. This router allows you to save money. Many customers have recommended this router to their friends because of the impressive strength of the WiFi.
Best Modem for Centurylink – If the internet at your home is provided by Century Link, then it might be the right time to get your own modem. There are many people who are now preferring to buy their own modem instead of paying monthly rent to their internet service provider modems.