Best Modem for Comcast 150mbps – Now, you could get a simple modem and get a Fast WiFi 6 router or a WiFi Mesh System if you have a spare change. But if you want to simplify your setup and want to avoid the hassle of dealing with multiple devices, a combo is the way to go.
You most likely decided to buy a combo for the modem and router to either get rid of the ISP
costs or you like the idea of having 2 devices in one. But to choose the right one, you must know about a few elements.
So, to help you make the right and educated purchase decision we compiled a list of things you should check out before buying a modem router.
- This 16x4 DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem provides speeds up to 686 Mbps, sixteen times faster than DOCSIS 2.0. A Full-Band Capture digital tuner ensures a faster, more reliable Internet.
- Cable modem's Ethernet port connects to a computer, HDTV, game station, or wireless router. (This Model MB7420 cable modem does NOT have a built-in wireless router and does not have a telephone adapter or phone jack. The Motorola MG7310, MG7315, MG7540 and MG7550 have a built-in wireless router.)
- Requires cable Internet service. Certified by Comcast XFINITY for residential speeds up to Extreme 300, by Comcast Business for speeds up to Deluxe 250, Time Warner Cable, Cox, Charter Spectrum, BrightHouse, and other leading cable service providers for modem ownership programs that typically save rental charges of 120 dollar or more per year
- Setup is fast and easy with a few quick steps set out in a Quick Start guide. Experienced USA-based customer support specialists are there to help if you need them.
Eliminate added monthly expenses incurred by renting a cable modem from your service provider with the MG7550 16×4 686 Mbps DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem with AC1900 Dual-Band Wi-Fi from Motorola. This cable modem comes compatible with a wide variety of cable Internet service providers including Comcast XFINITY, Time Warner Cable, and other providers.
The modem features a single coax connector to receive the incoming cable Internet signal and four Gigabit Ethernet ports to connect Ethernet-enabled devices directly to your network. Additionally, users can take advantage of Wi-Fi connectivity, as this modem/router supports the 802.11ac Wi-Fi networking standard and operates on both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies.
- Compatible with Xfinity from Comcast, Spectrum, Cox, CableONE and more
- Three-in-one DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem plus AC1600 WiFi Router plus 2 Gigabit Wired Switch
- Up to 680Mbps modem speed and Dual-Band AC1600 (2.4GHz and 5GHz) WiFi speed. 16x4 channel bonding/ Approved for plans up to 300 Mbps
- DOCSIS 3.0 unleashes 16x faster download speeds than DOCSIS 2.0
- NETGEASR Genie App plusContent filtering Parental Controls allow you to easily manage your network from your Mobile device.Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.4, or Google Chrome 11.0 browsers or higher
- Ideal for streaming HD content, fastest downloads, and high-speed online gaming. System Requirements:Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 10, Vista, XP, 2000, Mac OS, UNIX, or Linux. Use laptop with 3x3 450 Mbps adapter like centrino 6300/5300 for maximum performance
But without enough information about the modems, you might not pick the best one on the market. Hence, it is essential to learn more about them before you get one.
Netgear C6250 100NAS AC1600 Modem is one cable modem you will find on the market.
It is a device that is affordable and compatible with several internet service providers. You can purchase the modem for gaming, 4K streaming, and other purposes.
3.NETGEAR C6300-100NAS AC1750
- Compatible with Comcast Xfinity, Time Warner Cable, Charter, Cox, Cablevision, and more. Requires Cable Internet Service
- Not compatible with: Verizon, AT&T, or CenturyLink
- Two-in-one DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem + AC1750 WiFi Router
- DOCSIS 3.0 unleashes 8x faster download speeds than DOCSIS 2.0
- Ideal for streaming HD videos, faster downloads, and high-speed online gaming
- Required for the fastest cable Internet speed tiers
The C6300-100NAS Dual Band Wireless-AC1750 Wi-Fi Cable Modem Router from NETGEAR eliminates the need for a separate cable modem and router. This single device contains an integrated CableLabs certified DOCSIS 3.0 modem along with a 4-port Gigabit Ethernet 802.11ac Wi-Fi router. By combining the cable modem with the router you no longer need to purchase a separate router or rent a cable modem from the cable company.
With dual band Wi-Fi connectivity the C6300 from NETGEAR operates on both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies effectively eliminating most of the interference experienced with traditional 2.4 GHz wireless routers. In addition to dual band functionality, this router features 802.11ac connectivity for a total bandwidth of up to 1750 Mbps.
4.ARRIS SURFboard SBG10
- 3 products in 1: DOCSIS 3 0 Cable Modem, AC1600 dual-band Wi-Fi Router, 2 Port Gigabit Ethernet Router (cable digital voice service not supported)
- Wi-Fi 5 AC1600 dual-band concurrent Wi-Fi Router with 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Setup and manage your network with the SURFboard Manager app
- Compatible with major U S Cable Internet Providers including Cox, Spectrum, Xfinity & others. Cable internet service required. Not compatible with ATT, Verizon, CenturyLink or other DSL or Fiber internet providers
- 16 downstream & 4 upstream channels. Best for cable internet service plans up to 400 Mbps.
The Arris SBG10 is a popular product with high ratings for a good reason. It is reliable, works great with Comcast Xfinity and pretty compact to fit anywhere. It can be used for speed plans up to 250 Mbps.
Many people bought this combo device when Xfinity raised their modem rental fee from $10 to $13 per month. If you saved $13/month it means you will recoup your money in less than a year.
It is equipped with 2x Gigabit ports for connecting wired devices such as gaming consoles, smart TV etc.
- Fast 24x8 DOCSIS 3.0 cable Modem Plus a built-in AC1900 Dual band (2.4GHz and 5GHz) Wi-Fi Gigabit Router with four Gigabit (GigE) Ethernet ports, power boost Wi-Fi amplifiers, firewall security, and more. The maximum modem speed is 1000 Mbps, supporting service speeds up to 650.
- Eliminate up to 156 dollars per year in cable Modem rental fees. (Savings are shown for Comcast Xfinity and vary by cable service provider.) certified by all leading cable service providers including Comcast Xfinity, Cox, Charter spectrum (no cable Modem is compatible with fiber optic, DSL, or satellite services, available from Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, Frontier, and others.)
- Built-in high-speed router with AC1900 wireless and Power boost - Provides internet access for Wi-Fi devices including smartphones, notebooks, tablets, and more. 4 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports provide wired connections to Windows and Mac computers and other Ethernet-capable devices. A Broadcom cable Modem Chipset provides security from denial of service attacks.
- Wireless power boost for better speed and range - Adds high-performance Wi-Fi power amplifiers to boost the wireless signals to the legal limit, giving a significant Boost in speed and range. In addition, anybeam Performing at both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies focuses the signal on wireless clients to further enhance performance and range
This is another Comcast supported Motorola option. It is ideal for Xfinity Extreme Pro (up to 400 Mbps) and also has room for expansion in speed since the manufacturer recommends this model for service speeds up to 650 Mbps.
The Motorola MG7700 gateway includes a built-in AC1900 dual-band wireless router that includes a firewall and Power Boost capability. This feature amplifies the WiFi signal for larger coverage in the house (users reported very good coverage in 3400 sq.ft area and even on the 3rd floor of the house).
Regarding hardware ports, it includes 4 Gigabit Ethernet Ports to help you connect home wired devices such as your smart TV, desktop computers, gaming consoles etc.
6.ARRIS SURFboard SBG8300
- 3 products in 1: DOCSIS 3 1 Cable Modem, AC2350 Dual band Wi-Fi, 4 port Gigabit Router (cable digital voice service not supported)
- Compatible with major U S Cable Internet Providers including CableOne/ Sparkligh, Comcast Xfinity, Cox, Grande Communicatio, Mediacom, RCN, Service Electric, Spectrum (Charter, TWC, BHN), Wave Broadband, WOW. Not compatible with ATT, Verizon, CenturyLink or other DSL or Fiber internet providers
- 32 downstream x 8 upstream DOCSIS channels, 2 downstream x 2 upstream DOCSIS 3 1 OFDM channels Best for cable internet speed plans up to 4 Gbps. Cable internet service required
- Wave 2 AC2350 dual-band concurrent Wi-Fi Router with 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Setup and manage your network with the SURFboard Manager app Add SURFboard skills to your Alexa network for voice management of your Wi-Fi settings
Together with the Netgear C7800 we have discussed above, these two modem/router combo devices are the only models in the market supporting DOCSIS 3.1 and hence Gigabit Internet Plans. The ARRIS model however is cheaper so you could save some money here.
The SBG8300 is fairly new in the market (released in Mid-2019) and has already received pretty good feedback from customers (although it is not a mature product yet).
This device has the newest tech on board. DOCSIS 3.1 on the cable interface, Wave 2 WiFi support (802.11AC 2350 Mbps), 4x Gigabit wired ports and full support of the Xfinity Gigabit service.
- Save monthly rental fees: Model CM500 replaces your cable modem, saving you up to $168/yr in equipment rental fees.
- Speeds by carrier: Spectrum (up to 400Mbps), Xfinity (up to 200Mbps), Cox (up to 150Mbps).
- Works with any wifi router: Connect any WiFi router to this modem's Ethernet port to support all your wireless devices.
- Ethernet connections: 1 Gigabit Ethernet port connects to your computer or separate WiFi router.
- Modem technology: Engineered with 16x4 channel bonding and DOCSIS 3.0.
A former top pick, the Netgear CM500 is still a good choice for the budget-minded internet user. It shares many of the same features as our top pick, including wide ISP approval, at a lower purchase price. The trade-off is that ISP support for the CM500 usually tops off at about 300 Mbps instead of the 600 Mbps the MB7621 and CM600 are capable of.
It is compatible with Comcast Xfinity (up to 250 Mbps), Spectrum (up to 300 Mbps), Cox (Ultimate plan), Suddenlink (up to 500 Mbps), and Sparklight/Cable One (up to 300 Mbps), as well as with WOW’s 500 Mbps plan. On the plus side, you will be fine for a while, because DOCSIS 3.1 is backward-compatible with DOCSIS 3.0 modems. It’s a great pick if you don’t need your cable company’s fastest plans, or if they are unavailable where you live.
Best Modem for Comcast 150mbps – Choosing the right combo will maximize the provider plan, improve download speeds so you can stream and view in HD, as well as connect multiple devices throughout your home at once. Also, you can easily change providers since you’ll keep the devices if you move or want to change your internet plans.