Best Modem for Comcast Xfinity – While looking for a modem and a router, most people always ask, “Do you have to use the internet connection equipment for your home that the Internet Service Provider (ISP) gives you? The simple answer is No! you can get the best modem router combo for Comcast Xfinity and other ISPs as per these reviews.
Since Comcast has the largest share in both cable TV and broadband cable internet in the US, it is good to consider them for your internet connection. However, you may decide to pick your own router and modem or a combo instead of depending on the ISP-provided one if it is not reliable or offer you an excellent internet connection.
Pros & Cons
- Ultra-fast DOCSIS 3.1 performance - Delivers true Gigabit-plus speeds. Supports fast internet plans with Comcast Xfinity, Cox, and Spectrum. Backward compatible with 32x8 DOCSIS 3.0.
- Pairs with any WiFi router - Seamlessly compatible with any WiFi router to connect all your devices. This cable modem does NOT have a built-in wireless router or telephone call capability.
- Multi-gigabit Ethernet speed - A 2.5 GB Ethernet port delivers true high-speed connectivity to even the fastest routers and computers, providing downstream speeds just below 2,500 Mbps and upstream speeds up to 800 Mbps when supported by your internet service plan.
- Fast streaming, conferencing, gaming - Applies Active Queue Management (AQM) for reduced Internet latency and better app performance, including online gaming, conferencing, and streaming.
- Extreme cost savings - Owning your own modem typically saves the home $168 per year in monthly rental charges. (Savings described is for Comcast Xfinity and vary by service provider.)
- Built for reliability - Motorola is a worldwide leader in technology people depend on. Comes with a 2-year warranty and free support from our team of USA technicians.
The Motorola MB8611 is the perfect option for you with the Extreme Pro plan or below that wants to future-proof your modem.
The MB8611 is such a good modem because it’s both DOCSIS 3.1 and has a 2.5G ethernet port.
This makes it future-proof because when Xfinity upgrades its internet to DOCSIS 3.1, you won’t have to go get a new modem. And since DOCIS 3.1 is backward compatible, it will work with DOCSIS 3.0.
Pros & Cons
- ELIMINATE MONTHLY CABLE MODEM RENTAL FEES - Up to $156 per year
- DOCSIS 3. 0 Cable Modem with 1 Gigabit Ethernet port. One (1) Gigabit Ethernet port with auto-sensing technology
- Up to 340Mbps download and upload speed. Separate router required for WiFi. 8x4 channel bonding.
- DOCSIS 3. 0 unleashes 8x faster download speeds than DOCSIS 2. 0
- Ideal for streaming HD videos, faster downloads, and high-speed online gaming
- Required for the fastest cable Internet speed tiers
- Compatible with Xfinity from Comcast, Spectrum, Cox, & more. Not compatible with bundled voice services.
- Memory storage capacity: 64.0 MB
This affordable Xfinity-compatible modem is reliable and easy to install. For a bargain modem you can set and forget, it doesn’t get better than this.
Although this modem doesn’t have the latest DOCSIS 3.1 technology, it uses DOCSIS 3.0 technology at speeds most Xfinity households will appreciate. And if that techy talk has you baffled, don’t worry. We’re just saying the NETGEAR CM400 will take good care of you and your Xfinity plan.
Your favorite writer (me) uses the NETGEAR CM400 at home when I’m not testing out the Xfinity xFi Gateway. It’ll be a perfect fit for you, too, if you use Xfinity’s Performance Starter or Performance Select plans.
3.NETGEAR Nighthawk Multi-Gig
Pros & Cons
- BUILT FOR FASTEST MULTI-GIG SPEEDS: Best for cable provider plans up to 2.5Gbps.
- COMPATIBLE WITH XFINITY INTERNET & VOICE SERVICE: Certified by Xfinity and ideal for Xfinity’s Triple Play plan. NOT compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH.
- WORKS WITH ANY WIFI ROUTER, BEST WITH WIFI 6: Connect any WiFi router to this modem’s Ethernet port to support all your wireless devices. For the fastest Internet, connect to a NETGEAR WiFi 6 router or Orbi Mesh system
- VOICE PHONE SUPPORT: For use with Xfinity Voice service and up to 2 telephone lines with enhanced call features including caller ID, 3-way conference calling, call forwarding and more.
- MULTI-GIG ETHERNET: 1 x2.5Gbps Ethernet port for the fastest, true multi-gig Internet connections.
- SAVE MONTHLY RENTAL FEES: Replaces your cable modem saving you up to $168/yr in equipment rental fees.
- MODEM TECHNOLOGY: Engineered with DOCSIS 3.1 32x8 channel bonding and OFDM(A) 2x2
It has two integrated phone lines that support a 3-way conference call, which means that you can add a third person to your two-party conversation.
Furthermore, it also supports call forwarding. This allows you to redirect incoming calls to other phone numbers.
The modem also supports DOCSIS 3.1 technology. This, together with its 2.5G ethernet port, makes it’s capable of a staggering 2500 Mbps.
A speed that Comcast doesn’t even offer yet. Enough to download nearly anything in mere minutes.
Pros & Cons
- This 8x4 DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem provides speeds up to 343 Mbps, eight times faster than DOCSIS 2.0. A Full-Band Capture digital tuner ensures a faster, more reliable Internet.
- Cable modem's Ethernet port connects to a computer, HDTV, game station, or wireless router. (This cable modem does not have a built-in wireless router or VoIP telephone adapter. The Motorola MG7310, MG7315, and MG7550 have a built-in wireless router.)
- Requires cable Internet service. Certified by Comcast XFINITY, Time Warner Cable, Cox, BrightHouse, and other leading cable service providers for modem ownership programs that typically save rental charges of $120 or more per year
- Setup is fast and easy with a few quick steps set out in a Quick Start guide. Experienced USA-based customer support specialists are there to help if you need them.
- Attractive, compact design minimizes shelf space, improves cooling, and extends product life while looking great in any home or office. A two-year warranty plus rugged lightning and power surge circuits protect your investment.
The Motorola supports up to 1,000 Mbps download speed. But since Xfinity upped its Gigabit plans to 1,200 Mbps, we suggest you use it only for Xfinity’s Extreme Pro and lower-speed plans.
If you’re living in the fast lane, you’ll appreciate how smoothly this modem streams 4K Ultra HD content and handles high-speed online gaming. And it’s durable, too, so you can expect it to keep you up to speed for years to come.
Pros & Cons
- COMPATIBLE WITH MAJOR CABLE INTERNET PROVIDERS: Including Xfinity, Spectrum, Cox, and more. NOT compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and any bundled voice service
- BUILT FOR ULTIMATE SPEED: Best for cable provider plans up to 6Gbps
- FAST WIFI 6 PERFORMANCE: Up to 3,000 sq. ft. wireless coverage with dual-band WiFi 6 (AX6000) speed (up to 6Gbps)
- VERSATILE CONNECTIONS: One 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet port, 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports and one USB 3.0 port give fast wired connections to your computer, printer, game box, storage drive, and other devices
- MODEM TECHNOLOGY: DOCSIS 3.1 and 32x8 channel bonding
- SAVE MONTHLY RENTAL FEES: Replaces your cable modem and WiFi router saving you up to $168/yr in equipment rental fees
- NETGEAR Armor protects your family's WiFi with an automatic shield of security across all your connected devices with a 30-day free trial
- SAFE AND SECURE: Supports WPA/WPA2 wireless security protocols
The modem is “just enough modem” that will serve you well for now but is not future-proof.
The reason for this is because it’s DOCSIS 3.1 with only 8×4 channels. Which is the lowest requirement for a modem on Xfinity.
But if you’re on a budget and don’t plan to upgrade your internet plan anytime soon, it’s a great option.
Pros & Cons
- Delivers seamless internet connectivity and creates a Mesh Wi-Fi network that blankets your home in super fast, seamless Wi-Fi — replaces both your cable modem and router—saves money (up to $168/year in equipment rental fees)
- Eliminates Wi-Fi dead zones and buffering — 4,000 square feet of consistent coverage — at speeds up to 2.2 Gbps (gigabytes per second)
- Cable modem is up to 32X faster internet for smooth uninterrupted connections and max download speeds, (thanks to DOCSIS 3.0 modem with 32 x 8 channel bonding)
- Maintains speed even as more devices use your Wi-Fi at the same time — the difference is tri band technology, others use dual band
- Simple setup with the Orbi app — create guest network, access parental controls, and run speed tests right from the app
- 4 Ethernet ports on modem/router and 2 on satellite provide a wired connection to your Smart TV, game console, and more
- NETGEAR Armor Powered by BitDefender: The world’s leading cybersecurity protects all your home devices from virus, malware, and data theft with a 30-day free trial.
Setting up the Orbi CBK40 is so easy that you will be impressed! You can either use the Netgear Orbi app or the web user interface.
First, plug in your Wi-Fi router and wait for it to power on. Then position both satellite units next to each other with rings at their base glowing brightly (the color corresponds). Therefore, press down sync buttons located on the backside of each device by using a ring-shaped LED light top as guidance while aligning them correctly into place.
You can know the status of the sync between the gateway and the satellites using the indicator light. Below is the interpretation:
7.ASUS Modem Router Combo
Pros & Cons
- Ditch the monthly cable modem rental fees save upto $120 per year
- Certified by comcast xfinity, spectrum (legacy time warner cable and charter) and cox
- All in one docsis 3.0 32x8 cable modem + ac2600 wifi router (4x4) provides full bandwidth internet access and expansive wireless coverage
- Stay connected with 4x gigabit ethernet and 2x USB 2.0 ports for your non wifi devices like external storage and printers including support for Apple time machine
- Perfect for streaming and gaming in hd, dual bands (2.4ghz / 5ghz) featuring the latest 802.11ac 32x8 channel bonding technology deliver upto 1.3 gbps download speeds; Ac input : 110v to 240v(50 to 60hz); Dc output : 19 v with max; 3.42 a current
The modem has a built-in DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem having 32X8 channel bonding in addition to WiFi AC 2600 router to give you full bandwidth.
Asus CM-32 AC2600 Combo modem can support WiFi speeds of up to 1.3Gbps. Comcast however, has approved the device for internet speeds of up to 600Mbps.
Due to the device having 4 antennas, it is able to provide a long-range and stable WiFi connection. The device also comes with 4 Ethernet ports and 2 USB ports. These ports help to connect other non-WiFi devices to the combo.
Best Modem for Comcast Xfinity – In the article, we will discuss the best modem and router combo for the Comcast Xfinity internet connection. In addition, we will give you tips on how to choose the best modem router combo from the Comcast compatible modem router list.
If you have a separate modem, you can consider the best router for Comcast high-speed internet (Xfinity) to make your home the best when it comes to internet provision.