Best Modem for Mediacom – If you use Mediacom internet and want to enjoy a better connection, then you can do so by making use of routers and modems compatible with Mediacom.
While choosing one can be tricky, let us help you pick the best router and modem for Mediacom!
In this article, we will tell you the best modems and routers for Mediacom service, along with some things to look for before making a decision.
- Compatible with all major cable internet providers with internet speed up to 1Gbps. Currently certified with Spectrum and Cox (up to 1Gbps), Xfinity (up to 800Mbps). Not compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and any bundled voice service.
- Save monthly rental fees: Model CM1000 replaces your cable modem saving you up to dollar 168/year in equipment rental fees.
- Works with any Wi-Fi router: Connect any Wi-Fi router to this modem's Ethernet port to support all your wireless devices.
- Ethernet connections: 1 Gigabit Ethernet port connects to your computer or separate Wi-Fi router.
The Netgear CM1000 is an elegant, sleek, and easy to install modem which works on DOCSIS 3.1 technology (with backward compatibility, which means you can use it with DOCSIS 3.0 or previous versions.) It is also a great upgrade in the series. Once installed, you can avail seamless and stable service without any disturbance
The 32 x 8 channel device can flawlessly download at 1Gbps and upload at the same speed as we found during our tests. Pair it with a reliable Wireless router that’s suitable for your needs and you wouldn’t ever face internet connectivity issues due to the equipment.
2.ARRIS Surfboard SBG7580AC
- Works with Comcast, Time Warner, Cox, Charter and MOST Small Regional Cable Providers. PENDING approval Bright House Networks
The Arris SurfBoard SBG7580AC is a modem-router combo that packs a punch, not just in the specification but also in performance. It’s a powerful product with a strong signal and high bandwidth for your Wi-Fi needs. It won’t leave you disappointed.
It connects fast, has long-range connectivity. There aren’t any lags or gaps in transmission and a couple of devices can stream simultaneously since it has tested download speeds of 1.4Gbps and uploads at 343Mbps.
3.ASUS Modem Router Combo
- Ditch the monthly cable modem rental fees save upto $120 per year
- Certified by comcast xfinity, spectrum (legacy time warner cable and charter) and cox
- All in one docsis 3.0 32x8 cable modem + ac2600 wifi router (4x4) provides full bandwidth internet access and expansive wireless coverage
- Stay connected with 4x gigabit ethernet and 2x USB 2.0 ports for your non wifi devices like external storage and printers including support for Apple time machine
- Perfect for streaming and gaming in hd, dual bands (2.4ghz / 5ghz) featuring the latest 802.11ac 32x8 channel bonding technology deliver upto 1.3 gbps download speeds; Ac input : 110v to 240v(50 to 60hz); Dc output : 19 v with max; 3.42 a current
It is also compatible with other service providers like Comcast Xfinity, Spectrum, and Cox. (You don’t have to buy different equipment if you shift to any of these providers.)
The ASUS CM-32 pays for its services. This DOCSIS 3.0 based cable modem and a Wi-Fi router combo are equipped with 32 x 8 channel bonding for download speeds up to 1.3Gbps and upload at a steady 12Mbps. The AC2600 Wi-Fi provides faster speeds that you can rarely imagine which makes this device best suited for high-speed activities such as attending online lectures or video conferencing, high-end gaming, and streaming gameplay on the platforms like Twitch.
4.Netgear Nighthawk Cable
- input voltage：120 -240V
- COMPATIBLE WITH ALL MAJOR CABLE INTERNET PROVIDERS: Including certification by Xfinity by Comcast, COX, and Spectrum. NOT compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and Cable bundled voice services
- SAVE MONTHLY RENTAL FEES: Model C7000 replaces your cable modem and WiFi router saving you up to $150/yr in equipment rental fees. System Requirements Cable broadband Internet service, Check your cable Internet service provider web site for data speed tier compatibility, Not compatible with Cable bundled voice services, Microsoft Windows 7, 8, Vista, XP, 2000, Mac OS, UNIX, or Linux, Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.4, or Google Chrome 11.0 browsers or higher
- BUILT FOR FAST SPEED: Best for cable provider plans up to 400 Mbps speed
- FAST Wi Fi PERFORMANCE: Get up to 1800 sq ft wireless coverage and 30 devices connected with AC1900 speed (up to 1900 Mbps)
- VERSATILE CONNECTIONS: 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports and 2 USB ports give you fast wired connections to your computer, printer, game box, storage drive, and other devices
- MODEM TECHNOLOGY: Engineered with 24x8 channel bonding and DOCSIS 3.0
- SAFE & SECURE: Includes parental controls, and supports WEP and WPA/WPA2 wireless security protocols
The Docsis 3.0 technology modem-router combo is suitable for plans up to 400 Mbps. It will cover all of your devices within a range of 1800 sq. ft. It can cover almost 30 devices. It has 4 Ethernet ports and 2 USB Ports to give you fast connectivity to printers, consoles, and storage devices.
It is extremely fast, with download speeds up to 1.9Gbps and upload of 6.1Mbps. It is simply great for HD gaming and video streaming. The 1.6GHz processor just adds to it.
- JD Power Award ---Highest in customer satisfaction for wireless routers 2017 and 2019
- Router for wireless internet, works with Alexa, compatible with all Wi-Fi devices, 802.11ac and older
- Dual band router upgrades to 1750 Mbps high speed internet(450mbps for 2.4GHz, 1300Mbps for 5GHz), reducing buffering and ideal for 4K streaming
- Gigabit Router with 4 Gigabit LAN ports, fast access to multiple connected wired devices, Ideal as a gaming router
- Integrated USB port acts as a media Server, easily share your USB drive content
- TP-Link tether app easily set up and remotely manage your home network
- Works with all internet service providers, such as AT&T, Verizon, Xfinity, Spectrum, RCN, Cox, CenturyLink, Frontier, etc.( a modem is required for most internet service providers)
Your search for the perfect modem router ends here. The Docsis 3.0 based TP-Link Archer CR700 AC1750 is not your average, everyday internet connection device. It is replete with a lot of modern features and advanced functionalities.
For starters, the router is certified for multiple networks and platforms, You can connect it with your desktops, mobiles, AI devices, and other electronic equipment around the house due to its 16 x 4 channel bonding.
6.Netgear NETGEAR Orbi
- Enjoy 7,500 sq. ft. of premium WiFi 6 with secure connections to 40+ devices at once
- Built with WiFi 6, the latest WiFi technology designed for the best speeds and capacity for up to 4x more devices
- 8 blazing fast Gigabit Ethernet ports for high-speed downloads and file transfers
- Requires a modem. Compatible with major Internet Service Providers (cable, satellite, fiber, DSL, and more)
The Netgear Orbi follows the mesh system technology. Towering white devices, they are not easy to hide. Having vents near the ports and bottom grills ensures that the devices run at cooler temperatures.
The Orbi has 5 high performance antennas that are located around the Orbi’s perimeter. It also has MU-MIMO technology, 2 Ethernet ports, tri-band technology, 710MHz quad-core processor, 512MB RAM, 4GB solid state storage space, a QCA9984 chip for backhaul and a dormant Bluetooth radio and antenna.
7.NETGEAR (R7000) – AC1900
- Fast wifi performance: Get up to 1800 square feet wireless coverage with AC1900 speed (Dual band up to 600 + 1300 Mbps)
- Recommended for up to 30 devices: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices
- Wired Ethernet ports: plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other nearby wired devices with 4 x 1 gigabit Ethernet ports
- Loaded with advanced technology: Designed with a 1GHz dual core processor, 3 amplified antennas, Beamforming+, Dynamic QoS, Smart Connect, Amazon Alexa Voice Controls, and more
- USB connections: Share a storage drive and printer with any connected device, and create a personal cloud storage to access from anywhere, using the 1x3.0 and 1x2.0 USB ports
- Smart parental controls: Pause device internet access, view site history usage, and filter websites for free. Set online time limits, schedule device internet access, and more for $4.99/month (1st month free trial)
- Netgear Armor Powered by BitDefender: The world’s leading cybersecurity protects all your home devices from virus, malware, and data theft with a 30-day free trial
- Safe & secure: Supports WPA2 wireless security protocols. Includes Guest WiFi access, DoS, Firewall, VPN, and more
With Mediacom internet, you should be looking for the best wireless router that you can get. From our research, we found that the Netgear Nighthawk R7000-100PAS is the best choice for Mediacom internet.
The design of the R7000 is what you will normally see with a router. It is horizontal, with venting down the sides. Horizontal routers generally rung the risk of getting overheated, since so much of their surface area is touching your desk or shelf, so make sure that your router stays as cool as possible.
Best Modem for Mediacom – Here is a list of some of the remarkable modems and routers approved by Mediacom. Keep reading to compare prices and ratings. We have narrowed down our research to the four best products (routers and modems) so you can get the best Mediacom device for your usage.