Best Modem for Multiple Devices – These are the best wireless routers for lots of devices I have found that provide the speeds, coverage and features in addition to the capacity for a large number of devices to be connected at any given time.
When choosing a router, remember to consider the physical size of your home, the download and upload speeds you receive from your Internet service provider, how many devices you plan on connecting to your Wi-Fi, whether adequate security protocols are in place, and any other features you may want, such as USB 3.0 ports or advanced parental controls.
- The Gryphon Tower: Does so much more than traditional home WiFi routers. This wireless WiFi router offers MESH Wifi Connectivity, Intrusion & Malware Home Protection for all your devices (smart connected appliances too) and most importantly protects your family from unwanted influences. Imagine a secure WiFi router & knowing that your kids can surf the web with blazing fast speed and 24/7 protection.
- Competitively Fast Mesh WiFi Internet: MESH Router works by combining the power of each tower or guardian to provide seamless coverage for your space. No more dead zones. If you buy one Gryphon it’s a great wireless router, if you buy multiple Gryphons they work together and create a “MESH” of amazing WiFi coverage.
- Protect your peace of mind: A Gryphon parent control router comes with the Gryphon app which is easy to setup and manage. Setup a secure network, monitor parental controls & set bedtimes for all your devices across the whole home to protect from hackers and unwanted content, or limit time on the web.
- Un-Matched Advanced Internet Protection: This smart router features an arsenal of cyber-armour for your home, Free for the 1st Year then Optional $89/Year: Intelligent Intrusion Detection. Malware Filtering Protection by ESET. Daily Security Updates. AD Reduction. Device Scanning for IoT’s for Vulnerabilities. *Travel for Work? Kids going behind your back using mobile data? Try our Advanced Protection on the Go with Gryphon HomeBound Free 90 Day Trial!
- Brilliant Parental Control Device Too! Don’t let the internet rule you or your family time. Take back control with our included WiFi Parental Control App featureing content filtering, browsing history, safe search, and safe viewing for YouTube too. Suspend the internet & limit screen time with bed/homework times at the click of a button. Make good decisions easier to make.
The Gryphon certainly has the most unique design I have ever seen in any piece networking hardware, let alone a router. It resembles an obelisk that twists around halfway up the structure.
It will certainly be a conversation starter should anyone visit your home and see it.
The Gryphon has security and parental controls at the heart of its design, but that’s not to say it’s not an excellent choice for a router for you have lots of devices.
It is a tri-band router that is able to cover up to 3,000 sq ft using its wireless mesh technology.
This router really is a powerhouse with its six high powered antennas, 4×4 MU-MIMO capabilities and antenna beamforming. Not forgetting that it is able to deliver speeds of up to 3,000 Mbps.
2.NETGEAR Nighthawk X10
- Fast WIFI Performance: Get up to 2500 sq ft wireless coverage with AD7200 speed (Tri-band up to 800 + 1733 + 4600 Mbps - for 60Ghz band devices)
- Recommended Up to 45 Devised: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices
- WIRED ETHERNET PORTS: Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other nearby wired devices with 6 x 1 Gigabit Ethernet ports, and 1 x 10G SFP+ port.
- Loaded with Advanced Technology: Designed with a 1.7GHz quad-core processor, 4 amplified antennas, Beamforming+, MU-MIMO, Dynamic QoS, Amazon Alexa Voice Controls, and more
- USB Connections; Share a storage drive and printer with any connected device, and create a personal cloud storage to access from anywhere, using the 2 x 3.0 USB ports
- SMART PARENTAL CONTROLS: The Nighthawk app lets you manage device internet access and filter websites.
The Netgear Nighthawk X10 can provide coverage of up to 2,500 sq ft and is capable of delivering speeds of up to 7,200 Mbps.
Netgear claims that you can have up to 45 devices connected to X10 simultaneously whilst still being able to reliably stream videos, play games, browse the Internet and connect smart home devices.
In terms of connectivity, the X10 provides six Gigabit Ethernet ports and a single 10G SFP+ port. The SFP+ port is intended for fast network-attached storage access whilst there are also two USB 3.0 ports for connecting other devices, like a printer.
- Provides up to 2,000 square feet of Wi-Fi coverage for 20plus wireless devices
- Works with existing modem, simple setup through Linksys App. A mobile device with Android 4.4 or iOS 9 and higher, Bluetooth preferred
- Enjoy 4K HD streaming, gaming and more in high quality without buffering
- Tri band router delivers the fastest combined Wi-Fi speeds to all your devices
- Tri band Wi-Fi speeds up to 2.2 Gbps (5 GHz / 400 Mbps) plus (5 GHz / 867 Mbps) plus (2.4 GHz / 867 Mbps)
- Designed for seamless integration with Velop Mesh Wi-Fi system for extended coverage
- When used with mesh Wi-Fi system, router serves as master node
- Amazon exclusive extended 18 month warranty
The AC2200 router by Linksys isn’t as powerful or feature-rich when compared to some of the other routers featured on this list, but it is more affordable and is still a good choice if you have a modest amount of wireless devices.
The main selling point of the AC2200 is that is has been designed to seamlessly integrate with the Velop mesh Wi-Fi system for extended coverage. When used with a mesh Wi-Fi system, the AC2200 serves as the master node and can be a great way to extend the overall Wi-Fi signal in your home.
- Tri Band Wireless Internet Router for 4K video, streaming and gaming with incredible high speed, 1625 Mbps on both 5 GHz bands and 750 Mbps on 2. 4 GHz band
- Archer A20 V3 with Powerful 1. 8 GHz 64-bit CPU, three co-processors and 512 MB of RAM powers your home network. Works as a great gaming router.
- Eliminate buffering with MU-MIMO technology letting you connect more devices simultaneously. Multiple requests and accelerate loading Times.
- Range boost technology enables far reaching Wi Fi for long range coverage throughout the Home. Supported Operating Systems: OS Independent Up to Windows 10, Mac OS 10. 12 and Linux
- Advanced security: Protect your network and connected devices with a free lifetime subscription to TP-Link HomeCare featuring next-level antivirus, robust parental controls, and QoS.
- Gigabit Wired Speeds-1 WAN and 4 LAN gigabit ports bring wired speeds to the maximum and Link Aggregation even doubles it to 2 Gbps.
- Works with all internet service providers, such as AT&T, Verizon, Xfinity, Spectrum, RCN, Cox, CenturyLink, Frontier, etc.( a modem is required for most internet service providers)
This router by TP-Link is a smart tri-band router with an excellent combination of performance and features and is, in my opinion, very good value for money.
The Archer A20 has a powerful 1.8 GHz quad-core processor allowing it to process multiple requests simultaneously whilst also accelerating load times.
MU-MIMO technology makes connecting multiple devices at the same time possible without the dreaded buffering we are all familiar with. Just remember that your devices need to also support MU-MIMO in order to take full advantage of it.
- Wave 2 Wireless Internet Router, 600Mbps on the 2.4GHz band and 1300Mbps on the 5GHz band, Works with Amazon Alexa
- MU-MIMO Gigabit Router, Three simultaneous data streams help your devices achieve optimal performance by making communication more efficient
- Boosted Wi-Fi Coverage, Beamforming technology delivers a highly efficient wireless connection, Long Range Wi-Fi
- Beyond security, Archer A9 goes beyond traditional network security to provide features such as parental Control, guest wifi, access Control,WPA3 and a VPN Server
- Smart Connect technology directs clients to less congested bands and Airtime Fairness optimizes usage, lag-free online gaming and streaming
- TP-Link tether app - easily set up and manage your home network at home or remotely
In the spirit of making a unique and elegant route, TP-Link somehow losses the element of practicability here. The propping stand means that you can’t lay the router flat on your desk or mount it on the wall. Plus, all ports are on the rear and any attempt to hang it on the wall is nearly impossible and its footing isn’t so sure to avoid tipping over. For most of us, this might be a design issue we will have to deal with, but it does look beautiful next to the TV at home.
Technically, you might be able to place the C9 on its back, but then you’re barely left with enough space for plugging the Ethernet cord at the back of the unit. Because of the router’s vertical orientation, the bright blue LEDs are clearly visible from across the room, and they can be pretty annoying in darkness.
- WIFI 6 – STREAM EVERYTHING AT EPIC SPEED: Simultaneously stream uninterrupted movies, games, video calls or download/transfer files at 6Gbps WiFi speed; Works with existing and new WiFi 6 devices like iPhone 11, Galaxy Note 10 and Galaxy S10.
- WORKS WITH ALL INTERNET PROVIDERS: Replace your existing WiFi Router (separate modem or gateway required); Compatible with any Internet Service Provider up to 2Gbps including cable, satellite, fiber, DSL and more.
- EASY TO SET-UP AND MANAGE: Connects to your existing cable modem and sets up and customizes in minutes with the Nighthawk app – easily manage your WiFi settings at the device and network level, test your Internet speed, view speed history and monitor data usage.
- USB CONNECTIONS: Share a storage drive with any connected device and create a personal cloud storage to access from anywhere using the 2 x 3.0 USB ports.
- NETGEAR ARMOR POWERED BY BITDEFENDER: The world’s leading cybersecurity protects all your home devices from virus, malware, and data theft with a 30-day free trial.
- SMART PARENTAL CONTROLS: Pause or schedule device internet access, view site history usage, filter websites, set online time limits and more for $4.99/month with a 30-day free trial.
- WIRED ETHERNET PORTS: Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players and other nearby wired devices with 5 x 1G Ethernet ports.
- LOADED WITH ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: Designed with a 1.8GHz quad-core processor, OFDMA, MU-MIMO, Dynamic QoS, 1024-QAM, Smart Connect for one WiFi name, Beamforming technologies and Amazon Alexa Voice Control; Supports WPA2/WPA3 wireless security protocols; Includes Guest WiFi access, DoS, Firewall, VPN and more.
The second Nighthawk router to make the list of best wireless routers for lots of devices is the R7800.
Unlike the other routers featured, this one is only dual-band but it is still capable of delivering fast wireless speeds of up to 2,6000 Mbps which is plenty for even the most demanding activities such as 4K video streaming or online gaming.
The R7800 will intelligently choose the most appropriate band for your devices which minimizes interference whilst maximizing the speeds each device can receive. With this router, you can expect to experience seamless Wi-Fi on up to 45 devices.
- Next gen Wi-Fi standard 802.11Ax Wi-Fi standard for better efficiency and throughput; ultrafast Wi-Fi speed 6000 Mbps Wi-Fi speed to handle even the busiest network with ease
- Certified for Humans – Smart home made easy for non-experts. Setup with Alexa is simple.
- Wider usage and more convenience 4 antennas plus 8 LAN ports to support more clients at the same time
- Commercial-grade security – AiProtection powered by Trend Micro blocks internet security threats for all your connected smart devices
- Better partner with mesh system; compatible with ASUS AiMesh Wi-Fi system for seamless whole home coverage’s support: Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Mac OS X 10.6, Mac OS X 10.7, Mac OS X 10.8
Wi-Fi 6, also known as 802.11ax or High Efficiency (HE) Wireless, is the next technology iteration for wireless routers. An evolution of 802.11ac technology, 802.11ax promises increased throughput speeds of up to 4.8 gigabits per second (Gbps).
That means less network congestion, greater client capacity, and better range performance courtesy of several new and improved wireless technologies. Orthogonal Frequency-Division Multiple Access (OFDMA) improves overall throughput by breaking Wi-Fi channels into sub-channels. This allows up to 30 users to share a channel at the same time.
Best Modem for Multiple Devices – If you have lots of devices in your home, you need to make sure you have a wireless router that is able to cater for them all at the same time. Don’t let your router become the bottleneck in your home network; make sure you have one that is up to the task.