Best Modem for Netgear Nighthawk – The top thing you should check for in a modem/router combo device is compatibility with your internet provider. Most modem/router combos on the market specifically work with cable internet providers like Xfinity, Cox, and Spectrum—and very few work with DSL providers like CenturyLink or Frontier.
Every internet provider should have a list of compatible modems and modem/router combos listed on its website.
ROUND UPback to menu ↑
- Fast 24x8 DOCSIS 3.0 cable Modem Plus a built-in AC1900 Dual band (2.4GHz and 5GHz) Wi-Fi Gigabit Router with four Gigabit (GigE) Ethernet ports, power boost Wi-Fi amplifiers, firewall security, and more. The maximum modem speed is 1000 Mbps, supporting service speeds up to 650.
- Eliminate up to 156 dollars per year in cable Modem rental fees. (Savings are shown for Comcast Xfinity and vary by cable service provider.) certified by all leading cable service providers including Comcast Xfinity, Cox, Charter spectrum (no cable Modem is compatible with fiber optic, DSL, or satellite services, available from Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, Frontier, and others.)
The Motorola MG7700 packs a powerful punch, with support for internet speeds up to 600 Mbps. Four gigabit Ethernet ports let you plug in your devices directly for a faster connection, while dual-band Wi-Fi support and beamforming (a feature that directs your wireless signal in a single direction) provide fast and reliable wireless.
If all that sounds like gibberish, don’t worry—all you need to know is that this modem/router combo packs a ton of modern features into one sleek package to maximize your internet speed and reliability.back to menu ↑
2.ARRIS SURFboard SBG7600AC2
- DOCSIS Cable Modem, AC2350 dual-band Wi-Fi, 4 port Gigabit Router (cable digital voice service not supported)
- Compatible with major U.S. Cable Internet Providers including Cox, Spectrum, Xfinity & others. Cable internet service required. Not compatible with ATT, Verizon, CenturyLink or other DSL or Fiber internet providers.
If speed is your need, this ARRIS modem/router combo really delivers. With a maximum throughput of up to 600 Mbps, this little fella can handle plenty of internet traffic. Four gigabit Ethernet ports let you plug your devices straight in for optimum speed or you can take advantage of the built-in AC2350 Wi-Fi.
While the SURFboard device can handle internet speeds up to 600 Mbps, different cable internet providers have approved this modem/router for different speed tiers. For example, Xfinity recommends it for speeds up to 600 Mbps, but Cox has lower max speed recommendations—only up to 300 Mbps. So check this device’s compatibility with your internet provider’s speeds.back to menu ↑
3.Netgear Nighthawk Cable Modem
- COMPATIBLE WITH ALL MAJOR CABLE INTERNET PROVIDERS: Including certification by Xfinity by Comcast, COX, and Spectrum.
- NOT COMPATIBLE with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and Cable bundled voice services
NETGEAR is known for its powerful routers, and the C7000 is no exception. This futuristic-looking device combines gigabit speeds with useful features to give gamers (or anyone that needs fast internet with minimal latency) an edge.
The 1.6 Ghz processor helps deliver a stronger signal and prioritize traffic for maximum speed. This is especially important when gaming, where lag and network delays can be costly. And beamforming helps the wireless signal travel farther and increases reliability so you don’t have to worry about losing your connection at a critical moment.back to menu ↑
- ELIMINATE MONTHLY CABLE MODEM RENTAL FEES Up to $120 per year
- Two in One DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem + WiFi Router with 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports and 1 USB 2.0 port.System Requirements Microsoft Windows 7, 8, Vista, XP, 2000, Mac OS, or other operating systems running a TCP/IP network. Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.4, or Google Chrome 11.0 browsers or higher
It’s a bit hard to categorize the Netgear N600 Wireless Dual Band Router WNDR3400. On one hand it has the stellar performance and features of a high-end wireless router; on the other, it doesn’t support Gigabit Ethernet, a lack that is only found in budget low-end routers.
At the street price of just around , however, this is a great deal nonetheless.back to menu ↑
- This Certified Refurbished Motorola Gigabit Wi-Fi router is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, a minimum 90-day warranty, and may arrive in a generic box. Only select sellers who maintain a high performance bar may offer Certified Refurbished products on Amazon.com
- MODEL MD1600 DOES NOT WORK WITH BONDED VDSL, BONDED ADSL, OR VDSL VECTORING. PLEASE READ THE CHECKLIST IN THE PRODUCT IMAGES BEFORE PURCHASING. If you’re still not sure whether you have the right type of DSL service, MODEL MD1600 IS NEVER COMPATIBLE with Verizon, AT&T services, Comcast, Charter Spectrum, Cox, or other cable services
Connect to DSL internet and create a wireless network at the same time with the MD1600 AC1600 VDSL2/ADSL+ Modem Router from Motorola. Capable of up to 1,600 Mb/s Wi-Fi data throughput and DSL data speeds up to 100 Mb/s, the MD1600 AC1600 VDSL2/ADSL+ Modem Router works with DSL service providers such as CenturyLink and Frontier. The router does not support AT&T Internet and U-Verse, and Verizon DSL service is not recommended.
The MD1600 supports the Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) standard and comes equipped with four Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports, a Gigabit Ethernet WAN port, and a USB 2.0 Type-A port that supports network-attached storage and DLNA media sharing. The router also boasts VPN support, a firewall, and WPA/WPA2 encryption.back to menu ↑
- Compatible with Comcast Xfinity, Time Warner Cable, Charter, Cox, Cablevision, and more. Requires Cable Internet Service
- Not compatible with: Verizon, AT&T, or CenturyLink
The Netgear CM600 Cable Modem is not new. I first got it more than two years ago, together with a 300Mbps Internet plan with Comcast.
Before that, I generally replaced my modem almost every year. So CM600 has been one of my most lasting modems. Two years qualify as long-term. Now I can undoubtedly say this is a reliable device.back to menu ↑
- Save monthly rental fees: Model CM500 replaces your cable modem, saving you up to $168/yr in equipment rental fees.
- Speeds by carrier: Spectrum (up to 400Mbps), Xfinity (up to 200Mbps), Cox (up to 150Mbps).
If your internet subscription advertises speeds up to 300 Mbps or less, the Netgear CM500 is a great cable modem that performs as well as other, more expensive products we tested.
Compared to Comcast Xfinity’s $11 per month rental fees for home networking equipment, this modem starts saving you money within the first seven months of use, making it a great value. Plus, it is compatible with most major cable internet service providers (ISPs), including Comcast Xfinity, Spectrum and Cox.back to menu ↑
Best Modem for Netgear Nighthawk – With cable internet, a modem is your connection to the network, and a router makes that connection wireless (or Wi-Fi). If you get these devices separately, staying on top of the newest technology is easier. But there’s a lot less clutter to deal with when you get them in one device.
Many ISPs will offer you the convenience of a cable modem and router combo for a monthly fee. But if you want to save money (and space), buying your own device will pay off in the long run.