Best Modem for Suddenlink – Just so you know, I’ve done multiple calculations and after doing them all, I’ve realized that buying a modem also provides a better ROI than renting. Not only will you save money, but with a reliable internet connectivity equipment, you wouldn’t slow speed or web latency issues anymore.
To make sure that the list is accurate, I’ve checked with the Suddenlink Technical team and made sure that the listed modems work with Suddenlink. However, you should make sure that the device your getting is suitable for your subscribed internet pack. For instance, you can’t use a slow modem with a 1 gig plan.
Pros & Cons
- This 16x4 DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem provides speeds up to 686 Mbps, sixteen times faster than DOCSIS 2.0. A Full-Band Capture digital tuner ensures a faster, more reliable Internet.
- Cable modem's Ethernet port connects to a computer, HDTV, game station, or wireless router. (This Model MB7420 cable modem does NOT have a built-in wireless router and does not have a telephone adapter or phone jack. The Motorola MG7310, MG7315, MG7540 and MG7550 have a built-in wireless router.)
- Requires cable Internet service. Certified by Comcast XFINITY for residential speeds up to Extreme 300, by Comcast Business for speeds up to Deluxe 250, Time Warner Cable, Cox, Charter Spectrum, BrightHouse, and other leading cable service providers for modem ownership programs that typically save rental charges of 120 dollar or more per year
- Setup is fast and easy with a few quick steps set out in a Quick Start guide. Experienced USA-based customer support specialists are there to help if you need them.
Despite being one of the premier Internet service providers, Suddenlink isn’t known for its collection of rental modems. Therefore, if you have subscribed to any of the mid-range Suddenlink internet plans, it might just be the right time to opt for the affordable and feature-packed Motorola MB7420.
Starting, this is one of the more compact modems to feature on the list, best characterized by an excellent UI and the revolutionary color-coded panel. Moreover, for any Suddenlink internet plan amounting to 300Mbps, this is one of the best modems on the market. However, you can also consider getting the same for other cable ISPs like Cox, Comcast, Time Warner, BrightHouse, and more.
2.ASUS Modem Router Combo
Pros & Cons
- Ditch the monthly cable modem rental fees save upto $120 per year
- Certified by comcast xfinity, spectrum (legacy time warner cable and charter) and cox
- All in one docsis 3.0 32x8 cable modem + ac2600 wifi router (4x4) provides full bandwidth internet access and expansive wireless coverage
- Stay connected with 4x gigabit ethernet and 2x USB 2.0 ports for your non wifi devices like external storage and printers including support for Apple time machine
- Perfect for streaming and gaming in hd, dual bands (2.4ghz / 5ghz) featuring the latest 802.11ac 32x8 channel bonding technology deliver upto 1.3 gbps download speeds; Ac input : 110v to 240v(50 to 60hz); Dc output : 19 v with max; 3.42 a current
The ASUS Modem/Router Combo is an integrated Internet connectivity device. It comes with AC2600 AC performance wireless, with 4 external antennae, which allow for a steady signal and sustained speed for gaming or running cloud-based apps like Adobe CC.
It comes with MIMO technology and 4 ports 2.4GHz and 4 ports 5GHz. The operating frequency is 2.4GHz to 5GHz, providing for a wide-ranging frequency range giving clean reception.
3.ARRIS Surfboard SBG7580AC
Pros & Cons
- DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem & AC Wi-Fi router best for cable internet speed plans up to 600 Mbps.
- Compatible with Cox, Spectrum, Xfinity and other major U.S. cable internet providers.
- 32 downstream x 8 upstream DOCSIS 3.0 bonded channels.
- Dual-concurrent AC1750 Wi-Fi + Four 1-Gigabit Ethernet Ports
The Arris SurfBoard SBG7580AC incorporates the Docsis 3.0 technology along with an 802.11ac Wi-Fi router with 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports. These are perfect for connecting to things like Smart TVs and gaming consoles, making them a great choice for those into online gaming. It gave a max download speed of 1.4Gbps and upload of 343Mbps during our tests.
The wi-fi beamforming feature allows for better connectivity. It also has Mcafee security inbuilt, which provides protection against online threats and gives you peace of mind when browsing the web. The validity of the license is 3 years which is a bonus.
Pros & Cons
- Compatible with all major cable internet providers with internet speed up to 1Gbps. Currently certified with Spectrum and Cox (up to 1Gbps), Xfinity (up to 800Mbps). Not compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and any bundled voice service.
- Save monthly rental fees: Model CM1000 replaces your cable modem saving you up to dollar 168/year in equipment rental fees.
- Works with any Wi-Fi router: Connect any Wi-Fi router to this modem's Ethernet port to support all your wireless devices.
- Ethernet connections: 1 Gigabit Ethernet port connects to your computer or separate Wi-Fi router.
The Netgear CM1000 Cable Modem incorporates the latest DOCSIS 3.1 technology, resulting in blazing fast internet speeds. It is compatible with most internet service providers, making it a versatile product providing your home network with a 32 x 8 channel gateway. It works with all the latest wireless routers.
It has a 1 Gigabit Ethernet port that can be connected to the computer or a Wi-Fi router. Supports Windows 7, 8,10, Vista, XP, 2000, MacOS, allowing operation within a wide range of operating systems.
5.TP-Link N300 WiF
Pros & Cons
- Extend Wi-Fi Coverage - Boost Internet Wi-Fi Coverage up to 800 Square feet - Compatible with any Wi-Fi Router, Gateway, Access Point
- Eliminate Wi-Fi Dead Zones - Enjoy Lag-Free connection to any type of devices, including wired devices via Ethernet Port
- Stay connected - Expand Wi-Fi coverage for your Smart Phones, Smart TV, Fire Stick, Google Chromecast, Web Browsing, Alexa Echo, Ring and more
- Easy Set Up - 2 simple taps and you are ready to connect, smart indicator light helps to install in best optimal location
- Single Band 2.4GHz - 2 external Antennas with MIMO technology for improved range versus standard range extenders. The product may not be compatible with routers or gateways with firmware that has been altered, is based on open source programs, or is non-standard or outdated
The installation of the TP-Link N300 wireless cable modem-router combo is quite helpful to eliminate the cable modem rent from your monthly expenses while you get to enjoy other likable benefits as well.
With 8 downstream and 4 upstream channels, the modem router can provide the user with download speeds up to 343Mbps and upload speeds up to 143Mbps. We found that this depends on your cable provider and varies accordingly.
6.NETGEAR DOCSIS 3.0
Pros & Cons
- The NETGEAR High Speed Cable Modem provides a connection to high-speed cable Internet. Item is CABLE MODEM ONLY
- Compatible with U.S. cable Internet providers like Spectrum, Cox, Cablevision & more
- High-performance - Up to 150 Mbps download and upload speed for streaming HD videos, faster downloads, and high-speed online gaming
- Cost-effective - Saves money over time. No monthly equipment charges required from your ISP
- Gigabit Ethernet port - Fastest wired speeds to connect your router or computer
- Simple - CD-less installation
The Docsis 3.0 compliant C3000 is built for HD streaming and online gaming and our test results proved that the modem router can achieve 300Mbps both for upload and download. For a medium-sized home, it works quite effectively as we did not face any problems about the range. 8 x 4 channels are more than sufficient to support several streaming devices.
The Netgear C3000 is super easy to install and can be connected to any kind of device. We found that the Netgear Genie app which acts as a personal dashboard helps a lot to monitor the home network. It is very comfortable to use as well with push buttons and power savings features.
7.ARRIS SURFboard SB6190
Pros & Cons
- A Trusted Name in Home Connectivity: Better connectivity, better speed. The ARRIS SURFboard SB6190 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem is designed to bring you better connectivity, increase your network capability and provide faster streaming and downloading throughout your home. From a trusted brand with over 260 million modems sold and growing.
- Save Money: Own your modem and save. Reduce your cable bill up to $168 dollars per year in cable modem rental fees (Savings vary by cable service provider). Certified for use with most U.S. cable internet service providers. For a complete list see additional details below.
- Modem Technology: DOCSIS 3.0 is an reliable, broadly available, and affordable technology that delivers high speed internet to your home devices.
- Simple and Secure Set-up: Plug-in the device, download the SURFboard Central App, and follow the instructions to activate the modem. Connect to a Wi-Fi router for networking.
- Compatibility: The SURFboard SB6190 is compatible with major U.S. cable internet providers including Cox, Spectrum, Xfinity and others. It's approved for cable internet speed plans up to 800 Mbps. Check your Internet Service Provider (ISP) website to confirm compatibility.
- What's in the Box: When you purchase you will get an ARRIS SURFboard SB6190 Cable Modem, Power Supply, Quick-Start guide, and 2-year warranty card.
- Ethernet Ports: Has one 1-Gigabit ethernet port to connect to a Wi-Fi router or other wired device.
- Dedicated Customer Support: Live Chat and Phone Support available 8am -1am EST. Product ships with 2-Year Limited Warranty.
The router has 8 download channels and 4 upload channels and the download and upload speeds can reach up to 343Mbps and 131Mbps respectively. We were quite happy with the fact that anyone can easily figure out how to use the device.
Buying a modem-router combo is a wise choice in our opinion as this cancels out the monthly rental fees and hence profits the user. The Arris SURFboard SBG6580 Cable Modem and Wi-Fi N600 Router are perfect to enjoy data and multimedia services at home. It effectively allows high-bandwidth home networking
Best Modem for Suddenlink – Before we begin, you must be knowing that you can rent a modem from Suddenlink for $10/month equipment lease (it also gets you a free modem upgrade, but you don’t really need an upgrade for the next 3-4 years, unless you switch from Internet 200 to 1 Gig plan.)
Besides, you can get a gigabit modem for 2 years of rental fee.