Best Modem for Wow – But is it possible to use your modem with WOW! Internet? YES, you can use them, provided that they are approved/compatible with them! But how do find compatible models? One way would be to look at their official modem compatibility document (not recommended). The other way is to trust us and check out our list, which includes the modems that have been tested in various locations with WOW!
If you have a subscription from WOW! Internet, it is time you stop paying $10 every month for renting equipment. It is known as a reliable ISP, but what it is not known for is, giving its customers a good quality modem, and for a minimal price, you could pick one up online.
1.NETGEAR DOCSIS 3.1
- Support all cable internet speed tiers, up to Gigabit (1000 Mbps) service. Separate router required for WiFi.
- DOCSIS 3.1 up to 10X faster download speeds than DOCSIS 3.0. DOCSIS 3.1 is OFDM 2x2 plus DOCSIS 3.0 32x8 channel bonding
- ELIMINATE MONTHLY CABLE MODEM RENTAL FEES - Up to dollar 120 per year;32 downstream and 8 upstream channels for DOCSIS 3.0 connection
- Not compatible with: Verizon, ATandT, or CenturyLink. Not compatible with bundled voice services.
- Compatible with Xfinity from Comcast, Cox, Mediacom Cable, and more.
Netgear is among the biggest and the most prominent names when it comes to making modems and other network equipment. The company makes some of the best modems for WOW internet users, and their Netgear CM1000 is the absolute best option that these users have. If you have a WOW internet connection and are looking forward to getting the best possible speeds and an optimum usage experience, go with this modem without any doubts!
This is a DOCSIS 3.1 modem which provides you with the latest modem-tech available out there. This offers you a DOCSIS 3.1 OFDM 2×2+ DOCSIS 3.0 32×8 setup, which provides great upstream and downstream rates. Besides WOW internet, this modem is also a good fit for internet users who are using connections from Xfinity, Cox, Spectrum, and Optimum. You save about $120 per year in rental charges when you use this modem.
- Compatible with Comcast Xfinity, Time Warner Cable, Charter, Cox, Cablevision, and more. Requires Cable Internet Service
- Not compatible with: Verizon, AT&T, or CenturyLink
- Two-in-one DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem + AC1750 WiFi Router
- DOCSIS 3.0 unleashes 8x faster download speeds than DOCSIS 2.0
- Ideal for streaming HD videos, faster downloads, and high-speed online gaming
- Required for the fastest cable Internet speed tiers
When you buy a cable modem, chances are that you will also buy a router along with it because most of these modems usually don’t support wireless internet on their own and need to be paired with a router. However, Netgear’s C6300-100NAS offers you a good solution to this problem. This is a modem+router combo, built inside just one device. This modem/router duo offers you a combination of 2.4GHz & 5GHz WiFi networks.
You get a top speed of 680 Mbps when you use this modem, which runs on the DOCSIS 3.0 framework. These fast speeds allow you to stream HD movies, play games, share files and browse the internet with ease. This is a great gaming modem too, as you can use it for high-intensity games which involve heavy data transfer. The modem does not heat up even on prolonged intense usage.
- 16x4 DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem plus a built-in AC1900 Dual Band (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) WiFi Gigabit Router with four Gigabit (GigE) Ethernet ports, a firewall DFS, Power Boost, and more. This product is recommended for actual cable Internet service speeds up to 375 Mbps. A Broadcom cable modem chipset provides security from Denial of Service attacks. WiFi performance is exceptionally good, even in multi-dwelling units with lots of WiFi noise from neighbors. DFS and Power Boost are key
- Requires cable Internet service. Approved by and for use with Comcast Xfinity and Xfinity X1, Cox, Charter Spectrum, Time Warner Cable, Suddenlink, WOW., CableOne and other cable service providers. Eliminate cable modem rental fees up to 156 dollars per year. (Savings are shown for Xfinity and vary by cable service provider. No cable modem is compatible with fiber optic, DSL, or satellite services from Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, Frontier, and others. Model MG7550 has no phone jack.)
- Built-in high-speed Wi-Fi router with AC1900 Wi-Fi, and Power Boost, and DFS provides Internet access for Wi-Fi devices including smartphones, notebooks, tablets, game stations, HDTVs, Amazon Echo, Google Home, Chromecast, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and AppleTV. Four 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports provide wired connections to Windows and Mac computers, HDTVs, game stations, streaming TV devices, and other Ethernet-capable devices.
- Wireless Power Boost adds high-performance WiFi power amplifiers to boost the wireless signals to the legal limit, giving a significant boost in speed and range. The router can work on WiFi DFS frequencies, unlike most routers, so it is much less vulnerable to WiFi interference from neighbors. In addition, AnyBeam beamforming at both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies focuses the signal on wireless clients to further enhance performance and range.
- Integrating the cable modem and router creates a reliable connection that reduces unwieldy wiring and power adapter clutter while conserving desk space. The vertical design minimizes shelf space and improves cooling while looking great in any home or office. A two-year warranty plus rugged lightning and power surge circuits protect your investment.
Motorola is among the most trusted names when it comes to networking solutions. The company, known today for their smartphones, is a major player in the networking industry. Their modems are considered among some of the best in the world and the MG7550 is one of the best WOW approved modems that you can get if you are the user of a WOW internet connection.
Running on a Broadcom cable modem chipset, this is one of the most secure options that you have if you are looking for a modem that focuses on that. This keeps you safe against various online attacks such as Denial of Service attack. One really good thing about this modem is that this is a modem/router combo, and you won’t need to purchase an additional router along with it.
4.TP-Link 16×4 AC1750
- Tp-link Archer Cr700 Ieee 802.11ac Cable Modem/wireless Router - 2.40 Ghz Ism Band - 5 Ghz Unii Band - 6 X Antenna(6 X Internal - 1750 Mbit/s Wireless Speed - 4 X Network Port - Usb - Gigabit Ethernet - Yes Desktop
TP-Link is a tried and tested name when it comes to modems. It is an international name and occupies a sizable chunk of the market. The TP-Link AC1750 Wi-Fi Cable Modem is one of the best modem+router combos that you can get if you are a user of WOW’s services. This modem costs under $100 and is a great option for anyone who doesn’t want to spend too much money on getting a good modem and router combo.
This modem saves you about $120 in yearly rental fees, which you would otherwise have to pay to your ISP as rent. This is a dual-band router which provides a total connection speed of 1750Mbps. The modem supports a large number of ISPs, including but not limited to WOW, Xfinity by Comcast, Spectrum, and Cox.
- Compatible with Comcast Xfinity, Time Warner Cable, Charter, Cox, Cablevision, and more; Requires Cable Internet Service
- Not compatible with: Verizon, AT&T, or CenturyLink
- Cable Modem only (no WiFi router), Interfaces: Cable: F type female 75 ohm
- Experience high speed Wi Fi speeds from your existing ISP plans up to 300 Mbps; Ideal for HD media streaming, simultaneous online gaming, web surfing and more
- Features Intel Puma 6 chipset to achieve high speed downstream and upstream performance
- Easy plug and play setup
Linksys is another prominent name when it comes to getting hold of network equipment such as modems and routers. The company makes one of the best WOW internet-compatible modems, particularly for those who are looking for an option under $100. Apart from WOW, this modem (which does not include a router), supports Optimum, Xfinity, Cox, and Spectrum connections as well. You can pair any router with the modem and it will work really well and there are no restrictions.
The modem features one ethernet port on the back, and has a port for the main power cable, and another one for the WAN cable. It is slightly bulky, but gets the job done really well. The modem functions on a 24×8 DOCSIS 3.0 network and is best suited for internet connections up to 300 Mbps in speed. There’s an Intel Puma 6 chipset inside the modem for faster speeds.
- Web-based control configuration and management
- Full-featured compact, economical cable modem with Ethernet port
- DOCSIS/EuroDOCSIS 1.1/2.0/3.0 Compliant
- Easy-to-read LED's clearly display network status and activity
- Power on self diagnostic
- Proprietary mibs for extended support on DOCSIS
If you are looking for a very basic cable modem which offers you a stable internet connection without any bells and whistles around it, the ZyXEL cable modem BRG35503 is the perfect option for you. This doesn’t even have a big look and feel to it like most other modern-day modems. This is a low-profile device which just gets the job done.
There’s one Gigabit Ethernet port on the back, which you can use to plug into a router. The cable modem supports DOCSIS 3.0 and EuroDOCSIS 3.0 protocols, making it a decent device even for use in Europe.
7.SMC Networks D3CM1604
- 16 downstream and 4 upstream channels allows for blazing speeds!
- Ideal for streaming HD Video and gaming on multiple devices at a time
- DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem equipped with a 16x4 bonding capable of speeds in excess of 640 Mbps downstream and 120 Mbps upstream.
- CableLabs DOCSIS 3.0 certified
This modem is only recommended for those who are looking either for a backup option or are looking for something very inexpensive. The modem runs on DOCSIS 3.0 framework and supports a 16×4 channel bonding. It is among the cheapest WOW internet-compatible modems and also supports some other internet service providers, such as Time Warner Cable, Charter, Cox, and Spectrum.
With this modem, you get 640 Mbps downstream and 120 Mbps upstream, which is decent enough for most basic purposes. The modem, however, heats up quite a bit even in short-term usage.
Best Modem for Wow – WOW! Internet charges $10/month for modem rental . By using your modem, not only do you save the monthly rental by one-time payment, but you would also have better connectivity and OWN it too! Isn’t it a good idea to get a modem of your own?