Best Modem for Xfinity 150 Mbps – Choosing the right combo will maximize the provider plan, improve download speeds so you can stream and view in HD, as well as connect multiple devices throughout your home at once. Also, you can easily change providers since you’ll keep the devices if you move or want to change your internet plans.
Now, you could get a simple modem and get a Fast WiFi 7 router or a WiFi Mesh System if you have a spare change. But if you want to simplify your setup and want to avoid the hassle of dealing with multiple devices, a combo is the way to go.
1.Netgear C6250-100NAS AC1600
- Compatible with Xfinity from Comcast, Spectrum, Cox, CableONE and more
- Three-in-one DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem plus AC1600 WiFi Router plus 2 Gigabit Wired Switch
- Up to 680Mbps modem speed and Dual-Band AC1600 (2.4GHz and 5GHz) WiFi speed. 16x4 channel bonding/ Approved for plans up to 300 Mbps
- DOCSIS 3.0 unleashes 16x faster download speeds than DOCSIS 2.0
- NETGEASR Genie App plusContent filtering Parental Controls allow you to easily manage your network from your Mobile device.Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.4, or Google Chrome 11.0 browsers or higher
- Ideal for streaming HD content, fastest downloads, and high-speed online gaming. System Requirements:Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 10, Vista, XP, 2000, Mac OS, UNIX, or Linux. Use laptop with 3x3 450 Mbps adapter like centrino 6300/5300 for maximum performance
This Netgear model is mature, cheap and reliable. It will work great with Xfinity speeds of Performance Starter, Plus or Pro (up to 150Mbps).
You’ll notice streaming HD videos is much faster with this device. Many users noted that the Netgear was extremely easy to set up and quite straightforward to use.
One hardware feature I like with this model is its USB port (USB2.0) combined with ReadyShare app which allows you to share media files over the network or use it as backup storage device. You can buy a 256GB USB flash drive, connect it to the router and use it as backup storage for the whole family.
- Compatible with Comcast Xfinity, Time Warner Cable, Charter, Cox, Cablevision, and more. Requires Cable Internet Service
- Not compatible with: Verizon, AT&T, or CenturyLink
- Two-in-one DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem + AC1750 WiFi Router
- DOCSIS 3.0 unleashes 8x faster download speeds than DOCSIS 2.0
- Ideal for streaming HD videos, faster downloads, and high-speed online gaming
- Required for the fastest cable Internet speed tiers
This is another value for money device which can easily support Comcast Xfinity plans of 150 or 200 Mbps but you get also room for expansions because it can actually go up to 300 Mbps.
It works on DOCSIS 3.0 standard with 16×4 (down/up) bonded channels. What I like about this is its wired connectivity options (4x Gigabit Ethernet ports and one USB) and the pretty good WiFi speed. It supports AC1750 for a total combined speed of 1750 Mbps on the wireless radio.
- 16x4 DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem plus a built-in AC1900 Dual Band (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) WiFi Gigabit Router with four Gigabit (GigE) Ethernet ports, a firewall DFS, Power Boost, and more. This product is recommended for actual cable Internet service speeds up to 375 Mbps. A Broadcom cable modem chipset provides security from Denial of Service attacks. WiFi performance is exceptionally good, even in multi-dwelling units with lots of WiFi noise from neighbors. DFS and Power Boost are key
- Requires cable Internet service. Approved by and for use with Comcast Xfinity and Xfinity X1, Cox, Charter Spectrum, Time Warner Cable, Suddenlink, WOW., CableOne and other cable service providers. Eliminate cable modem rental fees up to 156 dollars per year. (Savings are shown for Xfinity and vary by cable service provider. No cable modem is compatible with fiber optic, DSL, or satellite services from Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, Frontier, and others. Model MG7550 has no phone jack.)
- Built-in high-speed Wi-Fi router with AC1900 Wi-Fi, and Power Boost, and DFS provides Internet access for Wi-Fi devices including smartphones, notebooks, tablets, game stations, HDTVs, Amazon Echo, Google Home, Chromecast, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and AppleTV. Four 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports provide wired connections to Windows and Mac computers, HDTVs, game stations, streaming TV devices, and other Ethernet-capable devices.
- Wireless Power Boost adds high-performance WiFi power amplifiers to boost the wireless signals to the legal limit, giving a significant boost in speed and range. The router can work on WiFi DFS frequencies, unlike most routers, so it is much less vulnerable to WiFi interference from neighbors. In addition, AnyBeam beamforming at both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies focuses the signal on wireless clients to further enhance performance and range.
- Integrating the cable modem and router creates a reliable connection that reduces unwieldy wiring and power adapter clutter while conserving desk space. The vertical design minimizes shelf space and improves cooling while looking great in any home or office. A two-year warranty plus rugged lightning and power surge circuits protect your investment.
Motorola Internet devices are mostly equipped with the Broadcom chipset which is reliable, secure and high-performance. Broadcom provides also security against Denial of Service attacks which is a plague for Internet connected devices.
The MG7550 is ideal for Comcast Xfinity Blast Pro (up to 250 Mbps) although it can support service speeds of up to 375Mbps, so it is future proof in terms of speed.
With Dual-band AC1900 WiFi speed you have enough bandwidth to support multiple devices in the house.
4.ARRIS SURFboard SBG10
- 3 products in 1: DOCSIS 3 0 Cable Modem, AC1600 dual-band Wi-Fi Router, 2 Port Gigabit Ethernet Router (cable digital voice service not supported)
- Wi-Fi 5 AC1600 dual-band concurrent Wi-Fi Router with 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Setup and manage your network with the SURFboard Manager app
- Compatible with major U S Cable Internet Providers including Cox, Spectrum, Xfinity & others. Cable internet service required. Not compatible with ATT, Verizon, CenturyLink or other DSL or Fiber internet providers
- 16 downstream & 4 upstream channels. Best for cable internet service plans up to 400 Mbps.
The Arris SBG10 is a popular product with high ratings for a good reason. It is reliable, works great with Comcast Xfinity and pretty compact to fit anywhere. It can be used for speed plans up to 250 Mbps.
Many people bought this combo device when Xfinity raised their modem rental fee from $10 to $13 per month. If you saved $13/month it means you will recoup your money in less than a year.
It is equipped with 2x Gigabit ports for connecting wired devices such as gaming consoles, smart TV etc.
- Fast 24x8 DOCSIS 3.0 cable Modem Plus a built-in AC1900 Dual band (2.4GHz and 5GHz) Wi-Fi Gigabit Router with four Gigabit (GigE) Ethernet ports, power boost Wi-Fi amplifiers, firewall security, and more. The maximum modem speed is 1000 Mbps, supporting service speeds up to 650.
- Eliminate up to 156 dollars per year in cable Modem rental fees. (Savings are shown for Comcast Xfinity and vary by cable service provider.) certified by all leading cable service providers including Comcast Xfinity, Cox, Charter spectrum (no cable Modem is compatible with fiber optic, DSL, or satellite services, available from Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, Frontier, and others.)
- Built-in high-speed router with AC1900 wireless and Power boost - Provides internet access for Wi-Fi devices including smartphones, notebooks, tablets, and more. 4 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports provide wired connections to Windows and Mac computers and other Ethernet-capable devices. A Broadcom cable Modem Chipset provides security from denial of service attacks.
- Wireless power boost for better speed and range - Adds high-performance Wi-Fi power amplifiers to boost the wireless signals to the legal limit, giving a significant Boost in speed and range. In addition, anybeam Performing at both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies focuses the signal on wireless clients to further enhance performance and range
This is another Comcast supported Motorola option. It is ideal for Xfinity Extreme Pro (up to 400 Mbps) and also has room for expansion in speed since the manufacturer recommends this model for service speeds up to 650 Mbps.
The Motorola MG7700 gateway includes a built-in AC1900 dual-band wireless router that includes a firewall and Power Boost capability. This feature amplifies the WiFi signal for larger coverage in the house (users reported very good coverage in 3400 sq.ft area and even on the 3rd floor of the house).
6.NETGEAR Nighthawk Cable Modem
- Compatible with all major cable internet providers with internet speed up to 2Gbps. Currently certified with Spectrum and Cox (up to 1Gbps) and Xfinity (up to 800Mbps). Future speeds with these service providers may change over time. Not compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and any bundled voice service
- Save monthly rental fees: Model C7800 replaces your cable modem and Wi-Fi router saving you up to Dollar 168/year in equipment rental fees
- Get up to 3000 square feet wireless coverage and 45 devices connected with AC3200 speed (up to 3200 Mbps)
- Four (4) Gigabit Ethernet ports and 2 hi-speed USB 3.0 ports give you fast wired connections to your computer, printer, game box, storage drive, and other devices
- Modem technology: Engineered with 32x8 channel bonding and DOCSIS 3.1
At the time of this writing, the Netgear C7800 together with the Arris SBG8300 (see below) are the only Comcast approved combo devices (modem + router) for Gigabit Xfinity service.
Actually the new model of C7800 shown above supports speeds that are even higher than Gigabit (up to 2 Gig speed).
This model is a highly effective all-encompassing solution to your internet needs that includes a DOCSIS 3.1 cable modem, a high-performance AC3200 WiFi router and a Gigabit switch (all on the same device).
7.ARRIS SURFboard SBG8300
- 3 products in 1: DOCSIS 3 1 Cable Modem, AC2350 Dual band Wi-Fi, 4 port Gigabit Router (cable digital voice service not supported)
- Compatible with major U S Cable Internet Providers including CableOne/ Sparkligh, Comcast Xfinity, Cox, Grande Communicatio, Mediacom, RCN, Service Electric, Spectrum (Charter, TWC, BHN), Wave Broadband, WOW. Not compatible with ATT, Verizon, CenturyLink or other DSL or Fiber internet providers
- 32 downstream x 8 upstream DOCSIS channels, 2 downstream x 2 upstream DOCSIS 3 1 OFDM channels Best for cable internet speed plans up to 4 Gbps. Cable internet service required
- Wave 2 AC2350 dual-band concurrent Wi-Fi Router with 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Setup and manage your network with the SURFboard Manager app Add SURFboard skills to your Alexa network for voice management of your Wi-Fi settings
Together with the Netgear C7800 we have discussed above, these two modem/router combo devices are the only models in the market supporting DOCSIS 3.1 and hence Gigabit Internet Plans. The ARRIS model however is cheaper so you could save some money here.
The SBG8300 is fairly new in the market (released in Mid-2019) and has already received pretty good feedback from customers (although it is not a mature product yet).
This device has the newest tech on board. DOCSIS 3.1 on the cable interface, Wave 2 WiFi support (802.11AC 2350 Mbps), 4x Gigabit wired ports and full support of the Xfinity Gigabit service.
Best Modem for Xfinity 150 Mbps – Considering this staggering cost, it makes sense to buy your own modem router combo. Not only will it be more practical, but you won’t have to worry about additional costs charged by your ISP.
Plus, it will help you to save some space if you have a small room.