Best Modem Under 100 – Choosing the right combo will maximize the provider plan, improve download speeds so you can stream and view in HD, as well as connect multiple devices throughout your home at once. Also, you can easily change providers since you’ll keep the devices if you move or want to change your internet plans.
Now, you could get a simple modem and get a Fast WiFi 7 router or a WiFi Mesh System if you have a spare change. But if you want to simplify your setup and want to avoid the hassle of dealing with multiple devices, a combo is the way to go.
- 16x4 DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem plus a built-in AC1600 Dual Band (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) WiFi Gigabit Router with four Gigabit (GigE) Ethernet ports, a firewall, and more. This product is recommended for actual cable Internet service speeds up to 375 Mbps. A Broadcom cable modem chipset provides security from Denial of Service attacks.
- Requires cable Internet service. Approved by Comcast Xfinity and Xfinity X1, Cox, Charter Spectrum, BrightHouse, WOW., CableOne, RCN, Mediacom and other cable service providers. Eliminate cable modem rental fees up to 168 dollars per year. (Savings are shown for Xfinity and vary by provider). Not compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink and other fiber optic, DSL or satellite services. Model MG7540 does not have a phone jack. This model cannot be used for making or receiving telephone calls.
- Built-in high-speed Wi-Fi router with AC1600 Wi-Fi provides Internet access for Wi-Fi devices including smartphones, notebooks, tablets, game stations, HDTVs, Amazon Echo, Google Home, Chromecast, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and AppleTV. 4 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports provide wired connections to Windows and Mac computers, HDTVs, game stations, streaming TV devices, and other Ethernet-capable devices.
- The router can work on WiFi DFS frequencies, unlike most routers, so it is much less vulnerable to WiFi interference from neighbors. AnyBeam beamforming at both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies focuses the signal on wireless clients to further enhance performance and range.
- Integrating the cable modem and router creates a reliable connection that reduces unwieldy wiring and power adapter clutter while conserving desk space. The vertical design minimizes shelf space and improves cooling while looking great in any home or office. A 2-year warranty plus rugged lightning and power surge circuits protect your investment.
This cable modem router from Motorola provides speed up to 145 Mbps. Moreover, it provides security against denial of service (DDoS). The USP of this device is, it comes with an inbuilt WiFi router that gives you the ability to connect your smartphones and laptops. The Wireless Power Boost helps in giving the modem higher speed and more extended range.
As this is an all in one Modem plus router device, it reduces the wire clutter that you need to always deal with. Not to mention, the modem is a vertical standing device that requires less space and cools efficiently hence extending product life.
2.NETGEAR DOCSIS 3.1
- Support all cable internet speed tiers, up to Gigabit (1000 Mbps) service. Separate router required for WiFi.
- DOCSIS 3.1 up to 10X faster download speeds than DOCSIS 3.0. DOCSIS 3.1 is OFDM 2x2 plus DOCSIS 3.0 32x8 channel bonding
- ELIMINATE MONTHLY CABLE MODEM RENTAL FEES - Up to dollar 120 per year;32 downstream and 8 upstream channels for DOCSIS 3.0 connection
- Not compatible with: Verizon, ATandT, or CenturyLink. Not compatible with bundled voice services.
- Compatible with Xfinity from Comcast, Cox, Mediacom Cable, and more.
Wirecutter awarded the Netgear CM500 the best cable modem in Aug 2017. This modem supports up to 200mbps in speed, so you don’t need to worry about the slow internet. It comes with a DOCSIS 3.0 which is 16x times faster compared to the DOCSIS 2.0. It’s a simple plug & play solution. The device is compatible with Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Internet Explorer.
The only downside here is, it doesn’t support the WiFi connection, so you need to buy it separately if you are looking to connect your smartphone and laptop. Also, the device is not compatible with Verizon, AT&T, and CenturyLink.
3.Actiontec 300 Mbps
- Compatible with ADSL CenturyLink (NOT their VDSL) and major DSL service providers
- Not compatible with Verizon FIOS, AT&T U-verse or cable systems such as Comcast,Time Warner, Cablevision, Cox, Charter etc. WIRELESS SECURITY: TKIP, AES encryption, 802.1x authentication,Pre-Shared Key (PSK),MAC Address Filtering
- Preconfigured for simple setup and will auto-detect your specific service settings. Includes high-grade firewall, parental controls and a variety of protections and encryptions.
- Three products in one: full-rate ADSL 2/2+ modem, 4-port switch, and 300 Mbps wireless-N router. INTERFACES: Four 10/100 Ethernet Local Area Network, One Asymmetric digital subscriber line ( ADSL ) Port
- With the latest 802.11n technology your newer devices will achieve wireless N speeds.Backwards compatibility ensures that older wireless devices are supported, giving your wireless network the best of both worlds.The modem has been tested for maximum performance on all major DSL providers and supports ADSL2+ with speeds up to 24 Mbps downstream.
The Actiontec Modem Router is simple to use and easy to set up. The device comes with pre-built advanced features like firewall, DDoS attack, parental control and many other securities to help keep your transmission data safe.
It’s worth noting that the device supports up to 300 Mbps in speed which is far more better than the previous generation modems. The 802.11n technology supports backward compatible devices so that all the older models can connect with this modem seamlessly. This modem comes with a power switch, power port, reset button, four ethernet port, DSL port
4.ARRIS SURFboard SB8200
- DOCSIS 3 1 Cable Modem best for cable internet speed plans up to 2 Gbps. Note, a 2nd IP address is required from your cable internet provider to reach 2 Gbps.
- 32 downstream x 8 upstream DOCSIS 3 0 bonded channels, 2 downstream x 2 upstream OFDM DOCSIS 3 1 channels
- Two 1-Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Not compatible with ATT, Verizon, CenturyLink or other DSL or Fiber internet providers
- Cable internet service required; Does not inlcude Wi-Fi and does not support cable digital voice service
The Arris SURFboard supports all major US Internet networks like the Comcast Xfinity, Spectrum Cox, Mediacom, Suddenlink but doesn’t support Verizon, AT&T, and CenturyLink.
This modem is recommended for Internet plan up to 250 Mbps and above. Surprisingly, with this modem, you can also play UHD movies and stream games. You get a 2-year full warranty after buying this modem.
- This 16x4 DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem provides speeds up to 686 Mbps, sixteen times faster than DOCSIS 2.0. A Full-Band Capture digital tuner ensures a faster, more reliable Internet.
- Cable modem's Ethernet port connects to a computer, HDTV, game station, or wireless router. (This Model MB7420 cable modem does NOT have a built-in wireless router and does not have a telephone adapter or phone jack. The Motorola MG7310, MG7315, MG7540 and MG7550 have a built-in wireless router.)
- Requires cable Internet service. Certified by Comcast XFINITY for residential speeds up to Extreme 300, by Comcast Business for speeds up to Deluxe 250, Time Warner Cable, Cox, Charter Spectrum, BrightHouse, and other leading cable service providers for modem ownership programs that typically save rental charges of 120 dollar or more per year
- Setup is fast and easy with a few quick steps set out in a Quick Start guide. Experienced USA-based customer support specialists are there to help if you need them.
This 16×4 cable modem by Motorola supports up to 686 Mbps of speed (now this is fast) and comes with the technology of DOCSIS 3.0. This cable modem seamlessly connects with TV, computer, and game station. The modem is certified by Comcast XFINITY and is highly recommended for houses that are looking for speeds up to 300 Mbps.
Setting up this modem is easy by following the Quick Start guide instructions. Not to forget, this modem is attractive and has a vertical design which consumes less shelf space and is compact in design. The modem comes with a 2-year warranty.
- Five Gigabit Ports — 1 Gigabit WAN Port + 3 Gigabit WAN/LAN Ports +1 Gigabit LAN Port. Up to four WAN ports optimize bandwidth usage through one device.
- Integrated into Omada SDN — Omada’s Software Defined Networking (SDN) platform integrates network devices including gateways, access points & switches with multiple control options offered – Omada Hardware controller or Omada Software Controller. Standalone mode also applies.
- Cloud Access — Remote Cloud access and Omada app brings centralized cloud management of the whole network from different sites—all controlled from a single interface anywhere, anytime.
- SDN Compatibility — For SDN usage, make sure your devices/controllers are either equipped with or can be upgraded to SDN version. SDN controllers work only with SDN Gateways, Access Points & Switches. Non-SDN controllers work only with non-SDN APs. For devices that are compatible with SDN firmware, please visit TP-Link website.
- Abundant Security Features — Advanced firewall policies, DoS defense, IP/MAC/URL filtering, speed test and more security functions protect your network and data.
- Highly Secure VPN — Supports up to 20× LAN-to-LAN IPsec, 16× OpenVPN, 16× L2TP, and 16× PPTP VPN connections.
- Limited Lifetime Protection — Backed by our industry-leading limited lifetime protection and free 24/7 technical support, you can work with confidence.
The TP-Link Cable Modem comes with 1 GHz Dual-Core CPU that gives you the best speed without uninterrupted connections. You can stream movies, games, and download files flawlessly with this modem.
This device works with major internet service providers and setting up the device is super easy and step-by-step. Do note that, this is a standard modem and doesn’t support router. For connecting external devices with the Internet, you have to buy a separate router.
- Compatible with Comcast Xfinity, Time Warner Cable, Charter, Cox, Cablevision, and more; Requires Cable Internet Service
- Not compatible with: Verizon, AT&T, or CenturyLink
- Cable Modem only (no WiFi router), Interfaces: Cable: F type female 75 ohm
- Experience high speed Wi Fi speeds from your existing ISP plans up to 300 Mbps; Ideal for HD media streaming, simultaneous online gaming, web surfing and more
- Features Intel Puma 6 chipset to achieve high speed downstream and upstream performance
- Easy plug and play setup
This beautiful looking modem comes with sharp LED lights to showcase the single strength of the modem. The DOCSIS 3.0 technology gives you the ability to touch up to 300 Mbps speed without any hassle.
It comes with 24 download and 8 upload channels to give you the best speeds without any fluctuations. As it supports internet speed up to 250 Mbps, you can easily stream movies and play games online. The installation is so simple that even a 5th standard student can do it as it doesn’t require any complicated CD installation.
Best Modem Under 100 – Considering this staggering cost, it makes sense to buy your own modem router combo. Not only will it be more practical, but you won’t have to worry about additional costs charged by your ISP. Plus, it will help you to save some space if you have a small room.