Best Netgear Cable Modem Router – Upgrading your cable modem (the box that turns the cable coming into your house into an internet signal) and Wi-Fi router (the box that takes this connection and turns it into Wi-Fi) is a surefire way to make your internet experience better and cheaper, as most cable companies charge a monthly fee to rent them. The best cable modem/router combos will do the same job at a fraction of the cost of two devices, and in a far simpler way, with fewer cables and power plugs.
However, it’s not quite that simple. Not all modems work with all providers, and you’ll need to make sure the unit you buy is compatible with your cable company (e.g Spectrum, Cox or AT&T). Information about compatibility can usually be found on your cable provider’s website. If not, it’s best to call and check before you buy.
- Fast 24x8 DOCSIS 3.0 cable Modem Plus a built-in AC1900 Dual band (2.4GHz and 5GHz) Wi-Fi Gigabit Router with four Gigabit (GigE) Ethernet ports, power boost Wi-Fi amplifiers, firewall security, and more. The maximum modem speed is 1000 Mbps, supporting service speeds up to 650.
- Eliminate up to 156 dollars per year in cable Modem rental fees. (Savings are shown for Comcast Xfinity and vary by cable service provider.) certified by all leading cable service providers including Comcast Xfinity, Cox, Charter spectrum (no cable Modem is compatible with fiber optic, DSL, or satellite services, available from Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, Frontier, and others.)
- Built-in high-speed router with AC1900 wireless and Power boost - Provides internet access for Wi-Fi devices including smartphones, notebooks, tablets, and more. 4 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports provide wired connections to Windows and Mac computers and other Ethernet-capable devices. A Broadcom cable Modem Chipset provides security from denial of service attacks.
- Wireless power boost for better speed and range - Adds high-performance Wi-Fi power amplifiers to boost the wireless signals to the legal limit, giving a significant Boost in speed and range. In addition, anybeam Performing at both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies focuses the signal on wireless clients to further enhance performance and range
If it’s time to upgrade your modem and your router, the Motorola MG7700 is likely the right one for you if you’re a customer of Comcast Xfinity, Cox or Spectrum and don’t pay extra for a superfast plan. Your cable company (or even your bill from them) will be able to tell you what speed connection you have, but as a rough guide if you’re on a basic plan, it almost certainly won’t be a what’s known as a 1 gigabit connection, (and if it is, we’ve got picks for you below).
One of the best features of the Motorola MG7700 we like most has nothing to do with its technical prowess: It’s not terribly ugly. In order to get the best range from its wireless signal, you don’t want to hide the modem/router behind furniture or in a closet.
- COMPATIBLE WITH ALL MAJOR CABLE INTERNET PROVIDERS: Including certification by Xfinity by Comcast, COX, and Spectrum. NOT compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and any bundled voice service.
- SAVE MONTHLY RENTAL FEES: Model C6220 replaces your cable modem and WiFi router saving you up to Dollar 168/yr in equipment rental fees.
- SPEEDS BY CARRIER: Xfinity (up to 200Mbps), Cox (up to 150Mbps), Spectrum (up to 100Mbps).
- FAST WiFi PERFORMANCE: Get up to 1200 sq ft wireless coverage and 20 devices connected with AC1200 speed (up to 1200 Mbps).
- VERSATILE CONNECTIONS: 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports and 1 USB port give you fast wired connections to your computer, printer, game box, storage drive, and other devices.
This Motorola model is an excellent choice for speeds up to 375 Mbps. Unless there’s a major sale going on, it’s usually more affordable than the other options above. The only drawback is that it doesn’t have a USB port, which is a bummer if you need to connect a printer or add extra storage.
Go for this internet modem if you have the matching speed with your internet plan and don’t have a ton of devices running at once. While sixteen download channels should be enough for most households, you may want to go for something stronger if you’re trying to run an entire smart home on it.
- Coverage up to 1,800 sq. ft. for up to 30 devices with AC1900 speed (up to 1900Mbps)
- Replaces your cable modem and Wi-Fi router, saving you up to Dollar 168/year in equipment rental fees
- Speeds by carrier: Xfinity (up to 800Mbps), Cox (up to 500Mbps), Spectrum (up to 400Mbps)
- Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and more with 4 x 1G Ethernet ports
- Share a storage drive with any connected device using the 2.0 USB port
If you are a power user, then our tester was ‘pleasantly surprised by how well it performed considering it’s an all-in-one.’ They tested this modem in a 2,500 square foot home, and we got reliable performance in every corner, only running into slowdowns on the farthest side of the house. However, they did say the performance via a an ethernet cable ‘wasn’t quite as good’.
Another bonus is that if you’re an Xfinity phone service customers, you can plug your landline handset right in.
4.ARRIS SURFboard SBG7600AC2
- DOCSIS Cable Modem, AC2350 dual-band Wi-Fi, 4 port Gigabit Router (cable digital voice service not supported)
- Compatible with major U.S. Cable Internet Providers including Cox, Spectrum, Xfinity & others. Cable internet service required. Not compatible with ATT, Verizon, CenturyLink or other DSL or Fiber internet providers.
- 32 downstream & 8 upstream channels. Best for cable internet speed plans up to 800 Mbps.
- Wave 2 AC2350 dual-band concurrent Wi-Fi Router with 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- Setup and manage your network with the SURFboard Manager app
This ARRIS SURFboard doesn’t have fancy DOCSIS 3.1 technology like the NETGEAR Nighthawk C7800, but it will still support most cable internet speed—and at half the cost. ARRIS sweetens the deal with McAfee Secure Whole Home Internet so you don’t have to stress about viruses.
Just because you’re shelling out for fast internet doesn’t mean you have to empty your pockets for a cable modem with Wi-Fi too. Think of this modem/router as a cheaper gig solution that might not be relevant forever but will certainly last long enough to save you from leasing a device from your ISP.
- Integrated cable modem and WiFi 6 satellite system provides high-performance WiFi coverage for up to 5,000 sq. ft. and 40+ devices. Expand coverage by 2,500 sq. ft. with each optional Orbi Mesh WiFi 6 satellite (sold separately)
- DOCSIS 3.1 modem supports internet plans up to 4Gbps and is compatible with most cable service providers. Currently certified with Spectrum and Cox (up to 1Gbps), Xfinity (up to 800Mbps). Future speeds with these service providers are subject to change over time
- Fast AX4200 Gigabit speed with WiFi 6 technology for uninterrupted streaming, HD video gaming, and web conferencing
- Save up to $168/yr in equipment rental fees
- Sets up in minutes with the Orbi App; easily manage WiFi settings, test internet speed, and monitor data usage
The future is now, friends. The NETGEAR Orbi CBK752 supports unbelievably fast internet speeds with the latest DOCSIS and Wi-Fi technology.
You’ll even get a satellite extender included with this device, so your Wi-Fi coverage will reach 5,000 square feet—and you can add on more satellites if your home is bigger than that.
But with the high price tag, don’t go for this one unless you have gigabit internet or plan to have it soon. Most homes won’t need this sort of technological overkill. Still, if that’s your jam, you’re looking at your new best friend.
- THREE-IN-ONE CABLE MODEM, AC1900 ROUTER, AND XFINITY COMPATIBLE VOICE PORTS - Includes 24X8 DOCSIS 3. 0 cable modem, AC1900 Dual Band (2. 4GHz and 5GHz) Gigabit Router, four Gigabit (GigE) Ethernet ports, and two XFINITY Voice compatible phone ports. This product is approved by Comcast for Xfinity Internet and Voice, and recommended by Comcast for XFINITY Internet service speeds up to 400 Mbps.
- REQUIRES COMCAST XFINITY INTERNET SERVICE. Approved by and for use with Comcast Xfinity and Xfinity X1. This product will not work with any other Internet service provider.
- ELIMINATE UP TO 156 Dollars IN CABLE MODEM RENTAL FEES PER YEAR – Say goodbye to monthly rental fees and landline phone costs.
- BUILT-IN HIGH-SPEED ROUTER WITH AC1900 WIRELESS AND POWER BOOST - provides Internet access for WiFi devices including smartphones, notebooks, tablets, and more. Four 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports provide wired connections to Windows and Mac computers and other Ethernet-capable devices. A Broadcom cable modem chipset provides security from Denial of Service attacks.
- WIRELESS POWER BOOST FOR BETTER SPEED AND RANGE - adds high-performance WiFi power amplifiers to boost the wireless signals to the legal limit, giving a significant boost in speed and range. In addition, AnyBeam beamforming at both 2. 4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies focuses the signal on wireless clients to further enhance performance and range. NOT included is a backup battery option (Model 98250) that allows your phone to make calls for 8 hours on standby after power loss.
As it’s designed with Comcast’s internet service in mind, it’s also effortless to get it up and running with all of your Xfinity services by following a simple Quick Start procedure to automatically register it with your ISP.
It’s not ugly, has all the ports you might need, and comes with back-up battery capability so if the power goes out, your phone is still working. Keep in mind it’s not capable of the fastest internet connection out there, but otherwise it might be exactly what you need.
- Top Internet Speeds for all Multi-gigabit Speed Tiers - Wirecutter recommends this model as the best cable modem for people using Gigabit Internet plans. Built-in DOCSIS 3.1 and DOCSIS 3.0 32x8 capabilities give top Internet speeds for all cable Internet services.
- Save Money - Eliminate up to 168 dollars per year in cable modem rental fees (Savings are shown for Comcast Xfinity and vary by cable service provider.) Approved by Comcast Xfinity and Xfinity X1, Cox, and CableOne for all speeds including Comcast Gigabit services and Cox Gigablast. Not compatible with RCN. No cable modem is compatible with fiber optic, DSL, or satellite services, available from Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, Frontier, and others.)
- Flexible Compatibility - Pair with any Wi-Fi router you’d like, including Whole Home Wi-Fi or Mesh routers like eero, Google Wi-Fi, and Orbi. A 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet port allows connection of any SINGLE device with an Ethernet port including a router, Windows or Mac computer, HDTV, or game station. This cable modem does not have a built-in wireless router or telephone call capability.
- Proactive Network Security - A broadcom chipset provides advanced security from denial-of service attacks.
- Active Queue Management (AQM) - AQM significantly reduces Internet latency on both DOCSIS 3.1 and 3.0 services, resulting in faster page loads for all Web traffic and enhanced interactive applications like online gaming and video conferencing. The MB8600 also includes a full-band capture digital tuner to enhance speed and save energy.
The Motorola MB8600 is one of the latest, new generation devices out there that has joined the DOCSIS 3.1 group. If we look a few years back, the best modems out there used to be compatible with DOCSIS 3.0.
Now, within a span of few years, we have encountered a brand new technology that is not only reliable but is also the best out there. This review lists all the aspects of the latest Motorola MB8600 and what it has in store for you.
Best Netgear Cable Modem Router – If you’re a Comcast Xfinity, Cox or Spectrum customer and just want a Cable modem and router, our experts say you should probably just buy the Motorola MG7700 Cable Modem and Router (unless you have a huge home or pay extra for a superfast connection). It’s got the Wi-Fi range, speed, and ports most people need.