Best Parental Control Router – Parental controls are software and tools that allow parents to set controls on the internet use of their children. Parents can filter the web by blocking inappropriate online content.
There are a variety of ways to do this, but one of the simplest is to configure the parental controls function on your wireless router. If your router has this feature, it will be advertised on the box, in the product description or it will be explained in the manual.
ROUND UPback to menu ↑
- 1024 Qam technology 80 percent faster 5 GigaHertz at up to 2100 Mbps, 66 percent faster 2. 4 GigaHertz at up to 1000 Mbps; utilities: firmware restoration
- 33 percent greater 2. 4 GigaHertz coverage with a 4 transmit, 4 receive (4T4R) antenna design, able to reach our widest ever coverage up to 5000 square feet
Earning first place on the list of best wireless routers with parental controls, the Asus AC3100 (RT-AC88U) is a wireless router that rules them all. This is an absolute beast. This router has no issue to cover very large homes with Wi-Fi signals and is packed with tons of useful features.
RT-AC88U by Asus comes with MU-MIMO (Multiple-In, Multiple-Out) technology that gives every device its own full-speed Wi-Fi connection. With this new technology, it doesn’t matter if someone is watching Netflix, another person is streaming YouTube video and someone other is playing online games at the same time.back to menu ↑
- Provides up to 1,500 square feet of Wi-Fi coverage for 10plus wireless devices
- Works with existing modem, simple setup through Linksys App. Minimum system requirements-Internet Explorer versions 8 and newer, Safari 5 (for Mac), Firefox 8, Google Chrome
Buying a router can be expensive, as you can see with our top pick, but if you need good performance for an affordable price, Linksys AC1750 is for you. Honestly, total parental control functionality is a little bit pricey, and routers with this feature arent exactly so affordable as you think, but Linksys AC1750 can be found for a price under $100.
With this dual-band Wi-Fi router, you get relatively fast performance, good Wi-Fi coverage for smaller homes, MU-MIMO feature and smart device prioritization. And it is a wireless router with parental controls and time restrictions.back to menu ↑
- Fast wifi performance: Get up to 1800 square feet wireless coverage with AC1900 speed (Dual band up to 600 + 1300 Mbps)
- Recommended for up to 30 devices: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices
The Netgear Nighthawk R7000 AC1900 is truly built for modern smart homes. With Beamforming and built-in high powered amplifiers and external antennas, the Nighthawk AC1900 is ready to deliver fast, reliable Wi-Fi to every corner of your home. And it works with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, so you can control your home network using voice commands.
It also features Dynamic Quality of Service (QoS) that is an excellent tool allowing your router to set priorities for certain devices or types of traffic. For example, your video streaming or online gaming will not freeze and stutter because somebody is downloading files, watching Netflix or is web browsing in your home at the same time. For a regular router without the QoS feature, all of this has equal priority.back to menu ↑
- The Gryphon Tower: Does so much more than traditional home WiFi routers. This wireless WiFi router offers MESH Wifi Connectivity, Intrusion & Malware Home Protection for all your devices (smart connected appliances too) and most importantly protects your family from unwanted influences. Imagine a secure WiFi router & knowing that your kids can surf the web with blazing fast speed and 24/7 protection.
- Competitively Fast Mesh WiFi Internet: MESH Router works by combining the power of each tower or guardian to provide seamless coverage for your space. No more dead zones. If you buy one Gryphon it’s a great wireless router, if you buy multiple Gryphons they work together and create a “MESH” of amazing WiFi coverage.
The Gryphon Secure Mesh Router combines strong performance, a one-year anti-malware and antivirus subscription powered by ESET Technology, and extensive parental controls. Extensive is the right word. The Gryphon router is an excellent choice for parents who want to have more control over what their children are doing online.
The parental controls of this router are built around user profiles. They can be created by filling in a name, age group, and a photo. After that, you get access to functions such as web filter, SafeSearch, browsing history or set a bedtime for each device or kid.back to menu ↑
5.NETGEAR – R7000P-100NAS
- Fast wifi performance: Get up to 2000 square feet wireless coverage with AC2300 speed (Dual band up to 600 + 1625 Mbps).
- Recommended for up to 35 devices: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices.
The Netgear Nighthawk AC2300 (R7000P) was the first router to offer Netgear Armor. A cloud-based security solution powered by Bitdefender designed to protect all connected smart home devices such as thermostats, smart locks, light systems and more.
The Nighthawk AC2300 also provides advanced parental controls, powered by Circle With Disney, that allow parents to filter internet access based on age, time or content. Unfortunately, Circle With Disney premium plan requires a subscription for $4.99/month (1st-month free trial).back to menu ↑
- 1.7GHz Dual-core processor for fast, uncompromising performance. Coverage area - 3,000 square feet
- Powerful 4x4 802.11ac wave 2 radios with MU-MIMO and up to 2.53Gbps breakthrough wireless speeds
The feature-packed Synology RT2600ac offers excellent wireless range for average-sized homes and great security features. And as our product tester Jeremy noted, “This router is worth a look if you want something that’s easy to set up but hides a lot of hidden potential under the hood.” Best of all, the parental control features, which you can access via an app, are free to use, so you won’t need to pay any subscription fees to keep your kids safe online with this router.
The RT2600ac is a dual-band Wi-Fi router, which means if you have a mix of older and newer gadgets at home, your family can connect to both wireless channels to avoid connection problems.back to menu ↑
7.Amazon eero Pro 6
- Introducing the fastest eero ever - the eero Pro 6 system covers up to 6,000 sq. ft. with wifi speeds up to a gigabit.
- Say goodbye to dead spots and buffering - eero’s mesh wifi technology adapts to your space—so you can confidently stream 4K video, game, and video conference across your home.
The Eero Pro is a mesh Wi-Fi system, which means it uses a single Eero Pro unit as the primary router and additional units (or beacons) throughout your house for extended coverage. The central station offers tri-band Wi-Fi or three Wi-Fi signals (one 2.4GHz band and two 5GHz bands), and each beacon uses dual-band channels (one 2.4GHz and one 5GHz).
Once you connect a device to your network, the multiple signals work behind the scenes to help evenly distribute the traffic from your devices. That means you shouldn’t experience any drops in Wi-Fi signals or slow connectivity with many devices connected at once.back to menu ↑
Best Parental Control Router – Setting up parental controls on a router is slightly different by brand, but there are a few key ways your router can help keep everyone online safe – it works for every device connected to your network – smartphones, tablets, computers or game consoles.