Best Router for 100 Mbps Internet – So, there you have it, those are our best routers for 100Mbps internet. Each of the recommended 100 Mbps wireless routers is suitable for different situations, so you will have to find the best one for your specific needs. If you want the best routers that support 100 mbps, the Netgear Nighthawk R8000 is our top choice. The R8000 offers high speeds and offers the main features you will need.
If you want an even more powerful router that can handle 100 mbps, you may want to take a look at the Netgear Nighthawk RAX120. This is also the best gaming router for 100Mbps internet.
1.NETGEAR R6700 – AC1750
- Recommended for up to 25 devices: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices
- Wired Ethernet ports: Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other nearby wired devices with 4 x 1 gigabit Ethernet ports
- Loaded with advanced technology: Designed with a 1GHz dual core processor, 3 amplified antennas, Beamforming plus, Dynamic QoS, Smart Connect, and more
- USB connections: Share a storage drive or printer with any connected device or create a personal cloud storage to access from anywhere, using the 1 x 3.0 USB port
- Safe & secure: Supports WPA2 wireless security protocols. Includes Guest Wi-Fi access, DOS, Firewall, VPN, and more.
- Netgear Armor protects your network and connected devices from Internet threats; Get peace of mind knowing you have the best in class anti virus, anti malware, and data protection for all your smart devices, smartphones, and computers with a 30 day free trial
- Safe & secure: Supports WPA2 wireless security protocols. Includes Guest Wi-Fi access, DOS, Firewall, VPN, and more. System requirements: Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 10, Vista, XP, 2000, Mac OS, UNIX, or Linux. Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.4, or Google Chrome 11.0 browsers or higher
There are many reasons many users prefer Netgear Nighthawk Smart WiFi Router R6700. It is affordable, easy to set up, and works perfectly fine. This high-selling WiFi router from Netgear can support up to 25 devices without affecting the quality of service.
It has a dual-band, dual-core with a 1GHz processor and speeds up to 1750 Mbps, conveniently supporting online gaming and HD video streaming. Empowered by beamforming, Netgear Nighthawk Smart WiFi Router R6700 has coverage up to 1500 square feet, which is relatively high for a WiFi router of its price range.
- Outstanding Wireless Speed: Speedefy K7 smart wireless router supports 2100M (1733Mbps/5GHz + 300Mbps/2.4GHz) dual band gigabit WiFi. Dual cores CPU reduces buffering and provides high speed web browsing, video streaming and gaming.
- Excellent and Powerful Signal: Cutting-edge 7*6dBi external Antennas, 4*4 MU-MIMO, delivers powerful signal, coverage every corner of the room.
- Simple Setup, Easy Management: One-Stop installation is easily achieved in 5 mins. App or web interface management brings more convenience for preference setting.
- Safeguard Security of Your Internet: Complete WPA2 protocols ensure internet security, detect and prevent risks from internet in real time, keep your WiFi stable and secure.
- Various Advanced Features: Parental control manages your kids' internet access; Accelerate WiFi helps to quickly optimize your internet; Guest network separates own information from others’.
Speedy AC2100 Smart WiFi Router comes with seven big antennas, which gives it a wide coverage range. You can expect a good signal at an area up to 2500 square feet. Also, with a speed of up to 2100 Mbps, you can expect an outstanding performance.
You can efficiently use the WiFi router for high-speed browsing, video streaming, online gaming, app downloading, and video calls. It has dual-band, dual-core, secured security features and works on IPv6. With its four 4 Mu-MIMO, it can support as many as 25 devices working simultaneously at different locations within its coverage area.
- JD Power Award - Highest in customer satisfaction for wireless routers 2017 and 2019
- Certified for Humans: Smart home made easy for non-experts. Setup with Alexa is simple
- Dual-Band WiFi 6 Internet Router: Wi-Fi 6(802.11ax) technology achieves faster speeds, greater capacity and reduced network congestion compared to the previous generation
- Next-Gen 1.8 Gbps Speeds: Enjoy smoother and more stable streaming, gaming, downloading and more with WiFi speeds up to 1.8 Gbps (1200 Mbps on 5 GHz band and 574 Mbps on 2.4 GHz band)
- Connect more devices: Wi-Fi 6 technology communicates more data to more devices simultaneously using revolutionary OFDMA technology
- Extensive Coverage: Achieve the strong, reliable WiFi coverage with Archer AX1800 as it focuses signal strength to your devices far away using Beamforming technology, 4 high-gain antennas and an advanced front-end module (FEM) chipset
- Works with all internet service providers, such as Comcast, Charter, AT&T, Verizon, Xfinity, Spectrum, RCN, Cox, CenturyLink, Frontier, etc.( a modem is required for most internet service providers)
You can find almost everything you desire in a mid-range WiFi router in this router. It has a dual-band quad-core with a 1.5 GHz processor. With a speed of 1.8 Gbps, you can conveniently use this router for 4k HD video streaming, online gaming, and video conferencing. You can also use it with Alexa.
TP-Link WiFi 6 Router AX 1800 Smart WiFi Router has a wide coverage area, can be used with multiple devices, and has excellent security features. It can be easily set up and comes with many advanced features on its Tether application.
4.NETGEAR Nighthawk X6S
- Fast Wi-Fi performance: Get up to 3500 square feet wireless coverage with AC4000 speed (Tri-band up to 750 + 1625 + 1625 Mbps).
- Recommended for up to 55 devices: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices.Double firewall protection (SPI and NAT)
- Wired Ethernet ports: Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other nearby wired devices with 4 x 1 Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- Loaded with advanced technology: Designed with a dual core 1.8GHz processor, 6 amplified antennas, Beamforming, MU-MIMO, Smart Connect, Amazon Alexa Voice Controls, and more.
- USB connections: Share a storage drive and printer with any connected device, and create a personal cloud storage to access from anywhere, using the 1x3.0 and 1x2.0 USB ports.
- Netgear Armor Powered By BitDefender: The world’s leading cybersecurity protects all your home devices from virus, malware, and data theft with a 30-day free trial.
- Safe & secure: Supports WPA2 wireless security protocols. Includes Guest WiFi access, DoS, Firewall, VPN, and more.
Users will also appreciated the 4 1G Ethernet ports, which allow you to plug-in your devices for an unbeatable connection. It also comes with a few apps to make your life easier. The Smart Connect app allows you to view and manage the router’s activity. Oh, and parents will love the Circle App for ultimate control over what their kids can see.
The performance of the R8000 is almost unrivalled. In fact, the router is able to cover 3500 square feet of space. It also allows you to use up to 55 devices, which makes it of the best 100Mbps router for offices and homes with lots of devices. Oh, and it comes with MU-MIMO technology too.
- The Motorola AC2600 router provides a high-speed intelligent router link between all your WiFi and Ethernet devices and whatever Ethernet-capable modem you choose for Internet access. The MR2600 delivers very high speeds and extended range even when you’re far from your router or surrounded by WiFi noise from neighbors. (Note that this router does not have a built-in cable modem or other type of modem.)
- Connects via AC2600 dual band WiFi or Gigabit Ethernet to all your HDTVs, smartphones, game stations, computers, tablets, and more. Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Video, gaming connections and much more can be delivered many devices at the same time through the MR2600’s 4 Gigabit LAN ports or through WiFi.
- Four external adjustable antennas provide concurrent 4X4 performance for both 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz connections. 802.11ac Wave 2 MU-MIMO technology dramatically speeds up your network, allowing high-speed communication with multiple WiFi devices.
- Implicit and explicit Beamforming targets the WiFi signal to each of your WiFi devices resulting in blazing fast WiFi speeds and extended range.
- Router features include a USB 3.0 port with DLNA media sharing support, a Dual Core processor, Smart QoS (Quality of Service) support, user-friendly firewall, IPv4 and IPv6 support, parental controls, guest network capability, and more. Expert, friendly support from the USA. 2 year warranty from Motorola, a company you trust.
Looking for a budget router for 100Mbps internet? The Motorola MR2600 is an excellent choice. Although it doesn’t have every feature possible, it still gives an excellent performance, especially in the price range.
The MR2600 has a basic design with 4 antennas to give the signal a boost through obstacles. It’s good that the antennas can be moved in any direction, which allows you to find the strongest signal.
The MR2600 allows speeds up to 800Mbps, although you are limited by your 100Mbps. Even so, it is better safe than sorry. As a dual-band 100Mbps router, it works on 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz channels, which prevents traffic from others.
- UNLEASH FASTER SPEED, EVEN MORE POWER: Optimal for devices built to support Wi-Fi 6: Playstation 5, iPhone 11 and 12, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro 13 and Mac Mini, Ultra Notebooks, Samsung S10 and S20
- WIFI 6 – STREAM EVERYTHING AT FASTER SPEED: Simultaneously stream uninterrupted movies, games, video calls or download/transfer files at 6 Gbps Wi-Fi speed
- WORKS WITH ALL INTERNET PROVIDERS: Replace your existing Wi-Fi Router (separate modem or gateway required). Compatible with any Internet Service Provider up to 2Gbps including cable, satellite, fiber, DSL and more
- EASY TO SET-UP AND MANAGE: Connects to your existing cable modem and sets up and customizes in minutes with the Nighthawk app – easily manage your Wi-Fi settings at the device and network level, test your Internet speed, view speed history and monitor data usage
- USB CONNECTIONS: Share a storage drive with any connected device and create a personal cloud storage to access from anywhere using the 2 x 3.0 USB ports
- ADVANCED CYBER THREAT PROTECTION: NETGEAR Armor (powered by BitDefender) is network-wide anti-virus, anti-malware, fraud/phishing/ransomware security on an unlimited no of devices and network/data protection for 69.99 dollars/year with a 30-day free trial
- WIRED ETHERNET PORTS: Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players and other nearby wired devices with 4 x 1G and 1 x 1/2.5/5G Ethernet ports
- LOADED WITH ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: Designed with a 2.2GHz quad-core processor, OFDMA, MU-MIMO, Dynamic QoS, 1024-QAM, Smart Connect for one Wi-Fi name, Beamforming technologies and Amazon Alexa Voice Control. Supports WPA2/WPA3 wireless security protocols. Includes Guest Wi-Fi access, DOS, Firewall, VPN and more
- WiFi Technology : 802.11ax Dual-Band WiFi (AX6000). 2.4GHz AX: 4x4 (Tx/Rx) 1024 QAM 20/40MHz, up to 1.2Gbps. 5GHz AX: 8x8 (Tx/Rx) 1024-QAM 20/40/80/160MHz, up to 4.8Gbps. Backwards compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n/ac WiFi
If you need the highest performance (even more than the R8000), the Netgear Nighthawk RAX120 is our number one choice.
The router has a unique design compared to other routers on the market. It doesn’t have a number of external antennas. Instead, the router has multiple fins that have antennas inside.
The router impresses further with its multiple 3.0 USB ports and 2.5/5G Ethernet port. These ports allow you to get the best connectively from any of your devices. You can even stream from 12 devices at the same time! The combination of MU-MIMO and Beamforming+ technology allows people to use the router simultaneously.
7.Amazon eero Pro
- Whole-home WiFi system - The Amazon eero Pro mesh WiFi system (3 eero Pros) replaces the traditional WiFi router, WiFi extender, and internet booster by covering a 5+ bedroom home with fast and reliable internet powered by a mesh network.
- eero 2nd generation - With the most intelligent mesh WiFi technology and powerful hardware, the eero 2nd generation WiFi system is 2x as fast as the original eero WiFi. Backwards compatible with 1st generation eero products.
- Cutting edge home WiFi - Unlike the common internet routers and wireless access points, eero automatically updates once a month, always keeping your home WiFi system on the cutting edge.
- Mesh network - Powered by proprietary TrueMesh technology, the eero mesh WiFi network leverages multiple wireless access points to create an incredibly dependable internet experience, all on a single mesh WiFi system.
- Quick & easy setup - Replacing your old WiFi router has never been easier than with the eero Pro mesh WiFi System. Setup takes minutes and the companion mobile app makes managing your home WiFi simple and intuitive.
Unlike the black routers in this review, the eero has a white design that is sleek and blends into any home. The concealable devices need to be placed in different areas around your home, so it is good that they have aesthetic-appeal.
We love that the Eero system comes with a couple of auto-detecting Ethernet ports, which allows you to connect to multiple devices. It also has features for security, which includes ad-blocking and content warnings. However, you will need to upgrade your system to the Eero Secure+ to receive the full security feature list.
Best Router for 100 Mbps Internet – There are a number of factors to take into account before choosing the best WiFi router for 100mbps. You should start by thinking about what you expect from the router. From there, you can look at how many bands it has, RAM size, and other features it may have.