Best Router for 2000 sq ft House – The challenge of finding a good router for a 2000 sq ft house relies on understanding the current requirements and the foresight of various scenarios in the future.
Considering the uncertainties, one can figure out the basic requirements and look for additional features to cater to the changing scenarios and requirements. But the number of routers in the market is overwhelming you? And you are not sure about the dynamics involved in choosing a single pack mesh router or a standalone router or the value addition that a Tri-band router brings to your home network. Read further to get the requisite clarity and make an informed decision.
1.Netgear Nighthawk AX6
- Faster WiFi download & upload speeds at the same time
- 6-Stream AX WiFi - Stream smooth 4K UHD content to smart TVs, mobile devices, and gaming consoles
- Greater than 1Gbps WiFi Speeds Enjoy greater than 1Gbps WiFi speeds for blazing-fast streaming and downloading to newer mobile devices
- Powerful Triple-core 1.5GHz Processor More processing power increases the overall performance of your network.
- ULTIMATE RANGE—WiFi coverage throughout very large homes
A triple-core 1.5GHz processor and the combination of a 512MB operating memory, 256MB of flash storage offer ample power to handle the load of a medium household and gamers. The security features and parental controls of the Netgear Armor make Nighthawk RAX45 the perfect router for gaming and 4K media streaming.
This WiFi 6 enabled router has individual top speeds up to 480mbps in 2.4GHz, 3840mbps in 5GHz channels, and an aggregated speed of 4.3Gbps that can be handy to cover simultaneous connections spread across a 2500 sq ft house.
2.TP-Link WiFi 6 AX3000
- JD Power Award- Highest in customer satisfaction for wireless routers 2017 and 2019
- Wi-Fi 6 Router: Wi-Fi 6 (802. 11ax) technology achieves up to 3x faster speeds, 4x capacity and 75% lower latency compared to the previous generation of Wi-Fi 5 while the power of Intel's dual-core CPU ensures your experience is smooth and Buffer-Free
- Next-gen 3 Gaps speeds: 4-Stream Dual Band router reaches incredible speeds up to 3 Gaps (2402 Mbps on 5 GHz band and 574 Mbps on 2. 4 GHz band) for faster streaming and gaming like you have never experienced before.
- Connect more devices than ever before: simultaneously communicate more data to more devices using revolutionary OFDMA technology
- Minimize lag For all devices and applications: experience ultra-smooth entertainment whether you are streaming 4K videos, gaming online, or even video chatting with up to 75% reduced lag.
- Increased battery life for devices: target wake time technology reduces your devices Power consumption to extend their battery life.
- Advanced security: Protect your network and connected devices with a free lifetime subscription to TP-Link HomeCare featuring next-level antivirus, robust parental controls, and QoS.
- Works with all internet service providers, such as AT&T, Verizon, Xfinity, Spectrum, RCN, Cox, CenturyLink, Frontier, etc.( a modem is required for most internet service providers)
The TP-Link Archer AX50 finds balance in the latest WiFi standards, features like OFDMA, and the support of 160MHz channels that offer a congestion-free internet experience to your home. A dual-core processor, the operating memory of 256MB, and the flash storage of 128MB remain crucial to its performance.
The Wi-Fi 6 standard brings high-speed capacity to this router. Aggregated speeds of 3 Gbps and an individual top speed of 574mbps in 2.4GHz and 2402mbps on 5GHz give adequate bandwidth for several devices in a household spanning 2500 sq ft.
- Provides up to 3000 square feet of Wi-Fi coverage for 25 plus Wireless devices
- Works with the Velop mesh Wi-Fi system to easily expand Wi-Fi coverage up to 6000 square feet and eliminate dead zones
- Works with existing modem, simple setup through Linksys App; Power supply 100 to 240 volt - 50 to 60 hertz; Output: 12 volt, 2A
- Enjoy 4K HD streaming, gaming and more in high quality without buffering
- Tri band Wi-Fi speeds upto 3Gbps (5 GHz/ 1733 Mbps) + (5 GHz/ 867 Mbps) + (2.4 GHz/ 867 Mbps)
- When used with Velop Mesh Wi-Fi system, router serves as master node
The Linksys MR9000 gets the power of tri-band technology supporting the internet needs of a 2000 sq ft home. The 512MB of RAM and 256MB of flash storage are crucial to support devices using data-intensive applications.
The tri-band router achieves a merged speed of 3000 Mbps over three bands while reaching top speeds of 400mbps on 2.4GHz band and 867mbps, 1733mbps on dual 5GHz bands, respectively. The tri-band technology can offer a congestion-less network for multiple devices and coverage of 3000 sq ft.
ASUS punches above its weight with the power of a quad-core processor, a RAM of 256MB, and storage of 128MB. With extended coverage, the ASUS RT-AC68U will be ideal router for your 2000 sq ft home.
An aggregated speed of 1900mbps comes in handy when you have multiple devices operating simultaneously. The top speed of 600mbps on 2.4GHz, and 1300mbps on 5GHz are good enough for gaming and HD streaming via Firestick.
- Wi-Fi 6 Mesh Wi-Fi - Next-gen Wi-Fi 6 AX1800 whole home mesh system to eliminate weak Wi-Fi for good
- Whole Home Wi-Fi Coverage - Cover up to 5800 square feet with seamless high-performance Wi-Fi 6 and eliminate dead zones and buffering Better than traditional Wi-Fi booster
- Connect More Devices - With Mesh Wi-Fi 6 Deco X20 (3-pack) is strong enough to connect up to 150 devices with strong and reliable Wi-Fi. Smartphone/Tablet Requirements: iOS 9.0 or later; Android 4.4 or later
- Easy Setup and Management - The Deco app helps you set up your network in minutes with clear visual guidance and keeps you in control even when you are not home; Works with Alexa as well Turn on or off Guest Wi-Fi by simple voice commands
- Peace of Mind with Parental Controls - Manage limit and monitor internet use with profiles that let you customize Wi-Fi access for every person and device in your home
- Each Deco X20 has 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports(6 in total for a 3-pack) and supports Wired Ethernet Backhaul for better speeds. Any of them can work as a Wi-Fi Router
- Works with all internet service provider (ISP) such as AT&T, Verizon, Xfinity, Spectrum, RCN, Cox, CenturyLink, Frontier, etc.( a modem is required for most internet service providers). Ideal for any internet plan up to 1 Gbps
The cylindrical disc-like design is a testament to TP-Link simplistic yet elegant design. The router weighs close to 1 lb and has an amicable presence that adorns any household.
The absence of external antennas shouldn’t bother the users. The deco comes with 4 internal antennas at the behest of OFDMA, and MU-MIMO delivers stable signals to multiple devices. With a limited choice of 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports, users should prioritize and plan their wired connections.
- The Motorola AC2600 router provides a high-speed intelligent router link between all your WiFi and Ethernet devices and whatever Ethernet-capable modem you choose for Internet access. The MR2600 delivers very high speeds and extended range even when you’re far from your router or surrounded by WiFi noise from neighbors. (Note that this router does not have a built-in cable modem or other type of modem.)
- Connects via AC2600 dual band WiFi or Gigabit Ethernet to all your HDTVs, smartphones, game stations, computers, tablets, and more. Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Video, gaming connections and much more can be delivered many devices at the same time through the MR2600’s 4 Gigabit LAN ports or through WiFi.
- Four external adjustable antennas provide concurrent 4X4 performance for both 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz connections. 802.11ac Wave 2 MU-MIMO technology dramatically speeds up your network, allowing high-speed communication with multiple WiFi devices.
- Implicit and explicit Beamforming targets the WiFi signal to each of your WiFi devices resulting in blazing fast WiFi speeds and extended range.
- Router features include a USB 3.0 port with DLNA media sharing support, a Dual Core processor, Smart QoS (Quality of Service) support, user-friendly firewall, IPv4 and IPv6 support, parental controls, guest network capability, and more. Expert, friendly support from the USA. 2 year warranty from Motorola, a company you trust.
Talking of design, Motorola has aced it in terms of how the router looks like. A slightly curved top, along with four antennas (two on the back and two on the sides), gives it a very sleek look. Diamond-shaped patterns with a line going through them cover the top, making it quite a visually aesthetic device.
There are four LAN ports on the back, along with one WAN port. There’s only one USB port, and thankfully it is the USB 3.0 port. The port isn’t placed on the back but on the front, which is actually a good design choice, as plugging the drive, there is more convenient than doing it if the port were placed on the back side.
- 300 Mbps (2 4GHz) and 867 Mbps (5GHz) for fast wireless performance
- 4 x Gigabit LAN port Speeds can be up to 10× faster than 100 Base T Ethernet connections
- 1 x USB 2 0 port ASUS AiDisk offers network file sharing both locally and remotely
- Enjoy the ASUSWRT dashboard UI for easy setup and manage your router
- Improved coverage and multi device performance with four external antennas
While there are quite a few routers in the market that can spread out the wireless network uniformly up to 2000 sq ft or even more, nothing on the list seems better poised than the Asus RT-ACRH12 when 5GHz throughput and theoretical to real speed trade-offs are concerned.
Also, as compared to the likes of RT-AC1900P, which seems more like a premium router, the AC1200 maintains its stead and credibility for better 5GHz performances. Plus, it comes with MU-MIMO functionality for connecting multiple devices to the network.
Best Router for 2000 sq ft House – Finding a highly capable router for a 2000 sq ft home can be trickier than you think. It neither falls within the purview of most of the entry-level routers and makes the sophisticated routers look like overkill for the requirements.
You got caught in a dilemma but took matters into your own hands and started doing the research.