Best Router for Arris sb6190 – Most internet service providers (ISPs) rent the cable modem you use to get on the internet (check your bill). You can buy your own cable modem and, in less than a year, come out ahead. You have to be a bit comfortable around this kind of equipment, but you do end up saving money.
If that’s something you’d like to try, you should probably just buy the get the ARRIS SURFboard SB6190 or, if you pay for a higher speed connection, the ARRIS SURFboard . Before buying, make sure your ISP is listed on the product page (most of the ISPs are represented so you are likely good to go).
1.ARRIS SURFboard SBR-AC1750
Pros & Cons
- NEW and Improved Firmware. IPv6 – latest Internet standard
- 802.11ac Dual-band concurrent AC1750 Wi-Fi - 450 Mbps on 2.4GHz + 1300 Mbps on 5.0 GHz
- 5 Gigabit Ethernet and USB 2.0 USB ports. Compatible with any modem Cable/DSL/Fiber
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS 2.0) for easy one touch setup
- Firewall and Parental control protection and 2 Year Warranty
One of those was the Surfboard product lineup, commonly known as the default modem for many service providers. Moving to today, Arris is looking to push its brand into the consumer market expanding the Surfboard brand to routers, starting with the SBR-AC1750.
The Surfboard AC1750 is a dual-band 802.11ac solution that leverages the 2.4GHz band for peak throughput of 450Mbps while the 5GHz band tops out at 1300Mbps. Four gigabit Ethernet ports are paired with a single WAN and like many modern solutions this router too houses a USB 3.0 port on the rear. The antennas for this solution are a 3×3 internal configuration and speaking of the internals of this unit; I was unable to find any information on the CPU, RAM or flash on this particular unit online, but that didn’t stop me from finding out for myself as you will see on the next page.
2.ARRIS SURFboard (16×4)
Pros & Cons
- Tom's guide #1 cable Modem choice 2 years in a row. Compatible with major U.S. Cable Internet Providers including Cox, Spectrum, Xfinity & others. Not compatible with ATT, Verizon, CenturyLink or other DSL or Fiber internet providers.
- DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem best for cable internet speed plans up to 400 Mbps
- 16 downstream x 4 upstream DOCSIS 3.0 bonded channels
- 1 Gigabit Ethernet port for connecting to a Wi-Fi router or other device.
- Cable internet service required. Does NOT include Wi-Fi or support cable telephone feature..
The Arris SB6183 is a small, simple cable modem capable of keeping you and your devices connected to the internet at fast speeds. It’s a DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem with 16 x 4 channels for max speeds up to 686 Mbps downstream and 131 Mbps upstream. That translates to plenty of bandwidth for streaming, gaming and more on multiple devices.
We tested cable modems on Comcast Xfinity’s 400 Mbps internet package, the fastest plan available in our area. We integrated the SB6183 into our network and connected five devices: one laptop monitoring the network, one laptop streaming Netflix in 4K and an Xbox One, PlayStation4 and gaming PC all downloading large game files.
3.ARRIS SURFboard SVG2482AC
Pros & Cons
- A Trusted Name in Home Connectivity: Get high speeds, better coverage, and a two-in-one product! With the ARRIS SURFboard SVG2482AC Wi-Fi Cable Modem, you will increase your network capability and get faster streaming and downloading throughout your home. From a trusted brand with over 260 million modems sold and growing.
- Save Money: Own your modem and save. Reduce your cable bill up to $168 dollars per year in cable modem rental fees. For use with Xfinity Internet & Voice Service.
- Modem Technology: DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem with AC2350 Wi-Fi Router that delivers high speed internet to your home devices.
- Simple and Secure Set-up: Just plug-in, download the SURFboard Central App, and follow the step-by-step intrstuctions to activate the modem, set-up and customize your Wi-Fi network, and add devices to your home network! Once setup is complete, the app provides real-time monitoring of the devices on your network, enhanced parental controls like setting time limits and pausing internet and much more.
- Compatibility: The SURFboard SVG2482AC is compatible with Xfinity Internet & Voice service and is approved for cable internet speed plans up to 800 Mbps.
- What's in the Box: When you purchase you will get an ARRIS SURFboard SVG2482AC Cable Modem, Power Supply, Quick-Start guide, and 2-year warranty card.
- Router Technology: Features four 1-Gigabit ethernet ports and delivers Wi-Fi 5 speeds up to 1.7 Gbps (1,750 Mbps).
If you can’t wait for Comcast’s next-gen Advanced Gateway, Arris has something that you can get now, the SurfBoard SVG2482AC Voice Gateway, a combo box that includes a fast cable modem and an advanced Wi-Fi router in a single box.
In many ways this is a major upgrade to the SBG6782-AC Surfboard eXtreme that came out a few years ago. The new gateway now supports voice and gigabit broadband speed, and as one of the first gateways on the market, features Reference Design Kit-B (RDK-B) technology.
4.ARRIS SURFboard SBR-AC1900P
Pros & Cons
- 6 high-performance antenna with Wi-Fi Beam forming for maximum coverage and performance
- 4 Gigabit Ethernet Ports & Fast, secure USB 2.0 port and USB 3.0 Ports
- Ripcurrent g.Hn uses home power lines to expand your network at Gigabit speeds
- Compatible with SURFboard RipCurrent Wi-Fi Hotspots and network extenders (sold separately) any outlet. Any room. It just works!
The Arris SBR-AC1900P Surfboard Wi-Fi Router with RipCurrent is a good choice if you’re looking to build a network that uses G.hn technology to reach those areas of the home that are beyond Wi-Fi range. It delivered fast 5GHz throughput in our testing and its 2.4GHz close-proximity throughput score was impressive as well, but its 2.4GHz range and USB file-transfer performance were merely adequate. That said, it offers many basic and advanced management settings, and it installs in minutes.
Although the SBR-AC1900P 5GHz close-proximity throughput was slightly faster than that of the Linksys EA7500 Max-Stream AC1900 MU-MIMO Gigabit Router, it couldn’t match the latter’s range and file-transfer performance, and doesn’t offer MU-MIMO simultaneous data streaming. As such, the Linksys EA7500 remains our Editors’ Choice for midrange routers.
5.Arris Touchstone 16×4 SB6183
Pros & Cons
- Package Dimensions, 6.0 L x 21.7 H x 17.1 W (centimeters)
Moreover, it uses a Broadcom chipset which is more stable and bug free (see explanation later).
You might have heard about those modems already, and you maybe wondering what’s the difference between them and who should get which. Well, we are now going to find that out by first looking at the feature comparison table below (most important specs are shown):
6.ARRIS Surfboard S33
Pros & Cons
- A Trusted Name in Home Connectivity: Better connectivity, better speed. The ARRIS SURFboard S33 DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem is designed to bring you superior connectivity, increase your network capability and provide faster streaming and downloading throughout your home. From a trusted brand with over 260 million modems sold and growing.
- Modem Technology: DOCSIS 3.1 is the newest technology available from cable internet providers. Its 10x faster than DOCSIS 3.0, provides better security, reduces lag while gaming & enables multi-gig networking (ability to run fast speeds on your copper cable from your internet provider).
- Simple and Secure Set-up: Plug-in the device, download the SURFboard Central App, and follow the instructions to activate the modem. Connect to a Wi-Fi router for networking.
- Compatibility: The SURFboard S33 is compatible with major U.S. cable internet providers including Cox (Gigablast), Spectrum (Internet Gig), Xfinity (Blast!/Extreme Pro) and others. It's approved for cable internet speed plans up to 2.5-Gbps. Check your Internet Service Provider (ISP) website to confirm compatibility.
- What's in the Box: When you purchase you will get an ARRIS SURFboard S33 Cable Modem, Power Supply, Quick-Start guide, and 2-year warranty card.
- Ethernet Ports: Has one 2.5-Gigabit ethernet port and one 1-Gigabit ethernet port to connect to a Wi-Fi router or other wired device.
The ARRIS SURFboard S33 DOCSIS 3.1, first announced in November 2020, sure is an interesting Multi-Gigabit cable modem.
For one, it’s super cute, at least compared to the squarish design found in previous ARRIS SURFboard modems. And then, it can handle up to 2.5Gbps of broadband speeds and two static IP addresses.
7.ARRIS SURFboard SB6190
Pros & Cons
- A Trusted Name in Home Connectivity: Better connectivity, better speed. The ARRIS SURFboard SB6190 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem is designed to bring you better connectivity, increase your network capability and provide faster streaming and downloading throughout your home. From a trusted brand with over 260 million modems sold and growing.
- Modem Technology: DOCSIS 3.0 is an reliable, broadly available, and affordable technology that delivers high speed internet to your home devices.
- Compatibility: The SURFboard SB6190 is compatible with major U.S. cable internet providers including Cox, Spectrum, Xfinity and others. It's approved for cable internet speed plans up to 800 Mbps. Check your Internet Service Provider (ISP) website to confirm compatibility.
- What's in the Box: When you purchase you will get an ARRIS SURFboard SB6190 Cable Modem, Power Supply, Quick-Start guide, and 2-year warranty card.
- Ethernet Ports: Has one 1-Gigabit ethernet port to connect to a Wi-Fi router or other wired device.
The Arris SURFboard SB6190 is one of the most capable modems in the market today. This Arris SB6190 SURFboard is the very first Gigabit + modem to have ever been made.
It is much cheaper to buy a modem for yourself instead of subscribing to an internet provider who you will have to pay a fee every month. The initial price of the modem may scare you off but if you compare to how much you will spend in the long time through those regular fees to the internet provider, you will see the difference.
Best Router for Arris sb6190 – There is a reason why many people prefer buying products from Amazon. Despite being a credible platform, Amazon has a variety of laptops and also works directly with manufacturers. This means that instead of purchasing your laptop from a retailer, you get it directly from the manufacturing company.
Amazon serves as a third-party and works with various manufacturers across the world. The good thing about Amazon is that it offers a perfect guide about each type of laptop.You will see a clear description of each Best Router For Arris Surfboard Sb6183. This makes it easy for you to make the right decision.