Best Router for Att Uverse – For AT&T U-verse subscribers, finding the best router for ATT Uverse was quite a challenge. Even though there are many routers that are compatible with the ISP, the rentals that were provided, according to our readers, were outdated gateways that were not updated as the speed tiers were increased.
Let’s face it, unless all you have is one desktop and you don’t mind sitting in that one room with your router to do basic online activities, you would really want to upgrade your router. AT&T U-verse is not known for their state-of-the-art gateways or their amazing interface.
ROUND UPback to menu ↑
- Power your streaming and gaming with next Gen AC Wi-Fi, which utilizes multi-user MIMO technology to keep multiple Wi-Fi devices online at the same time and the same speed
- Works with Amazon Alexa
Linksys EA7500 router is another one of our best routers for ATT Uverse. It stands out as a router with the latest MU-MIMO technology, a wide wireless coverage, and a lot more beneficial features that will give you the best of your Uverse.
High-performance device: Linksys EA7500 has a powerful processor with a dual-band wireless feature that supplies a fast internet speed of up to 1.9 Gbps at a rate of 2.4 GHz/ 600Mbps and 5GHz/1300Mbps at a wide coverage of up to 1500 sq. ft.back to menu ↑
2.ASUS AX6000 WiFi 6
- Next gen Wi-Fi standard 802.11Ax Wi-Fi standard for better efficiency and throughput; ultrafast Wi-Fi speed 6000 Mbps Wi-Fi speed to handle even the busiest network with ease
- Certified for Humans – Smart home made easy for non-experts. Setup with Alexa is simple.
ASUS RT-AC5300 is a tri-band Gigabit router that is equipped with the latest technology for maximum output and device optimization. It is one of the fastest routers on our list for at&t fiber that would enable you and your loved ones to enjoy a hitch-free internet session across a wide range of network coverage.
High-performance router: ASUS RT-AC5300 is a unique tri-band router composed of two 5GHz and one 2.4 GHz that delivers at an incredibly high speed of 5334 Mbps. It also has 8 antennas that provide a wider WiFi coverage of up to 5000 sq. ft.back to menu ↑
3.Turris Omnia 2020
- Secure and powerful open source router and home server as "two in one"
- CPU Marvell Armada 385, Dual Core 1.6 GHz with 2 GB RAM and 8 GB eMMC
Turris Omnia is an open-source multifunctional device that doubles up as a router and could also perform the functions of a server, now that’s a high performer device! Turris Omnia is suitable for your work and home devices and of course your AT&T Uverse Internet Plans. It is one of the best open-source devices there is.
Open-source router: This router operates based on OpenWrt, it serves the dual purpose of a router and a normal home server which enables it to perform the function of a server all in one device.back to menu ↑
4.NETGEAR R6700 – AC1750
- Recommended for up to 25 devices: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices
- Wired Ethernet ports: Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other nearby wired devices with 4 x 1 gigabit Ethernet ports
Netgear Nighthawk Smart WiFi router is a high-performance router that works at an extremely high speed and has a wider range of coverage, it would definitely work well with your ATT Fiber or Uverse to give you a smooth, speedy, and enjoyable online experience.
The Netgear Nighthawk R6700 router has a super-fast speed of up to 1750Mbps so you can play your favorite games and also stream videos without interruptions.back to menu ↑
5.Google Wifi – AC1200
- Google Wifi is a scalable flexible mesh Wifi system that blankets your home in reliable coverage and keeps buffering at bay; 1 Google Wifi point replaces your router and additional points expand your network to keep the connection fast in every room
- Google Wifi gives you whole home coverage; 1 Pack covers up to 1500 square feet and 3 Pack covers up to 4500 square feet; points work together to create a mesh network for more coverage
Google WiFi system is different from all the routers on our list. It is a new type of device that can serve the function of a router by supplying fast and smooth WiFi coverage for your devices including your ATT Uverse.
Google WiFi is a new type of connected system that would work well as a router and is very much compatible with major internet service providers including AT&T Uverseback to menu ↑
- Fast wifi performance: Get up to 1800 square feet wireless coverage with AC1900 speed (Dual band up to 600 + 1300 Mbps)
- Recommended for up to 30 devices: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices
Netgear Nighthawk R7000 is one of the best routers for AT&T Fiber that comes at an affordable price. It made it to our list owing to its super-fast and seamless performance
Enjoy the super-fast and seamless performance of Netgear Nighthawk R7000 with a dual bandwidth of up to 1900Mbps for your games and traffic-free video streaming with any of your devices.back to menu ↑
- The Gryphon Tower: Does so much more than traditional home WiFi routers. This wireless WiFi router offers MESH Wifi Connectivity, Intrusion & Malware Home Protection for all your devices (smart connected appliances too) and most importantly protects your family from unwanted influences. Imagine a secure WiFi router & knowing that your kids can surf the web with blazing fast speed and 24/7 protection.
- Competitively Fast Mesh WiFi Internet: MESH Router works by combining the power of each tower or guardian to provide seamless coverage for your space. No more dead zones. If you buy one Gryphon it’s a great wireless router, if you buy multiple Gryphons they work together and create a “MESH” of amazing WiFi coverage.
Starting with its design, the Gryphon is different than other routers, since it has a white casing and is a tower. Tower designs typically stay cooler, increasing the longevity of the router. The antennas with this router are all internal, so the router itself is easy to conceal, though you will not have any control over the direction of the antennas.
The security features of this router include 24/7 protection. There are daily security updates to prevent any recent threats from new malware. There is also ad blocking software for all connected devices. If you have any IoT devices, it will scan them regularly as well, preventing breeches.back to menu ↑
Best Router for Att Uverse – You can surely do better, which is why BlueGadgetTooth researched and reviewed a whole bunch of AT&T compatible routers so you can finally sit back and relax, with access to all the benefits of having the best router for AT&T U-verse, if you pick any one of the routers in this guide.
Also, heads up. The modem they supply you with has an inbuilt router. However, it is rather lame – only working on the 802.11N wireless standard on the 2.4GHz band. If you are asking yourself on why you are paying for higher speeds while using an outdated router for AT&T U-verse, read on.