Best Router for Business – No matter what type of business you have (a local coffee shop or a small law firm), a router is essential for connecting multiple networks and routing traffic between them in a fast, efficient, and reliable manner. Routers have improved in quality over the past years with many fast dual- and triple-band routers that allow for multiple networks, which comes in handy if you are running a business where customers and employees need to connect to separate networks (like in a restaurant or retail shop).
Other important considerations include the level of security, whether the router can establish a Verified Private Network (VPN), and how large of a space the router needs to cover (a small office might need to have more coverage than, say, a cafe).
- Next-gen Wi-Fi standard - 802.11Ax Wi-Fi standard for better efficiency and throughput.
- Ultrafast Wi-Fi speed - 6000 Mbps Wi-Fi speed to handle even the busiest network with ease.
- Wider usage and more convenience - 4 antennas + 8 LAN ports to support more clients at the same time.
- Commercial-grade security - AiProtection, powered by Trend Micro, blocks internet security threats for all your connected smart devices.
- Better partner with mesh system - Compatible with ASUS AiMesh Wi-Fi system for seamless whole-home coverage.
- Nextgen ax Wi-Fi is backward compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi devices and Supports current Wi-Fi devices.
If you are looking for the best business router for a small business, this router is close to perfect. The Asus brand is known mainly for producing high-quality motherboards and laptops, however the team have turned their attention to business routers. This is ax ready, which means it will be able to handle the move to Wi Fi 6, the new wireless protocol.
It is a dual band router, with AiProtection, 8 Gigabit LAN ports. OFDMA and MU MIMO technology for an extra boost to speed. If you are looking for something with a bit of style, the Asus RT-AX88U certainly looks the part, with its sleek design.
2.NETGEAR Orbi Pro
- Business-grade security with 4 SSIDs linked to 4 separate VLANs, with 4 independent DHCP servers to assign IP addresses for complete network segmentation; QoS and WPA3 latest WiFi security; capable of dedicating any SSID to 2.4GHz devices to prevent congestion
- Add-on Business VPN subscription service to enable one-step secure VPN site-to-site, site-to-multi-site connections between corporate to branch and home offices, under one corporate wireless SSID. 30-day free subscription included
- Superior internal antenna designs to boost WiFi performance by 20%
- Ultrafast AX6000 (up to 6Gbps) gigabit speed with WiFi 6 technology for uninterrupted streaming, HD video gaming, and web conferencing
This is one of the best small business routers available, offering fantastic performance and easy setup. However, it is more expensive than some other options.
If you are looking for a modern network, this router offers a Wi Fi mesh system which allows users to design a modular system. Although it is quite costly, if your business relies heavily on a fast connection, the Netgear Orbi Pro is ideal.
- 1.7GHz Dual-core processor for fast, uncompromising performance. Coverage area - 3,000 square feet
- Powerful 4x4 802.11ac wave 2 radios with MU-MIMO and up to 2.53Gbps breakthrough wireless speeds
- Smart Connect for seamless transition between maximum speed or range
- Hardware accelerated Layer 7 traffic control and monitoring
- Dual WAN capable for load balancing and failover support ; Operating Temperature 5°C to 40°C (40°F to 104°F)
- US version. AC Input Power Voltage 100 V to 240 V AC
- System ram type: ddr3_sdram
The Synology RT2600ac is another dual band router, which is designed to offer a variety of features which are beneficial to business users.
For example, businesses will benefit from MU MIMO security, a private cloud server, flexible capabilities, media sharing and access to a VPN service for additional network security.
4.NETGEAR Nighthawk X10
- Fast WIFI Performance: Get up to 2500 sq ft wireless coverage with AD7200 speed (Tri-band up to 800 + 1733 + 4600 Mbps - for 60Ghz band devices)
- Recommended Up to 45 Devised: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices
- WIRED ETHERNET PORTS: Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other nearby wired devices with 6 x 1 Gigabit Ethernet ports, and 1 x 10G SFP+ port.
- Loaded with Advanced Technology: Designed with a 1.7GHz quad-core processor, 4 amplified antennas, Beamforming+, MU-MIMO, Dynamic QoS, Amazon Alexa Voice Controls, and more
- USB Connections; Share a storage drive and printer with any connected device, and create a personal cloud storage to access from anywhere, using the 2 x 3.0 USB ports
- SMART PARENTAL CONTROLS: The Nighthawk app lets you manage device internet access and filter websites.
Technically, the Netgear Nighthawk X10 is designed for domestic use. However, thanks to the array of features offered, it is one of the best small business routers. In a similar way to many of the specific business routers, the Nighthawk offers 6 LAN ports, two USB ports and coverage up to 2,500 sq. feet.
In total, this router can handle a network of up to 45 devices and is also equipped with MU MIMO security for technology. For small businesses looking for high security and modern tech features, this may be the ideal router.
- 1 million packets per second for 64-byte packets.
- (3) Gigabit routing ports
- Silent, fanless operation
- Compact, durable metal casing
If your business benefits from in-house technical expertise, this Ubiquiti EdgeRouter may provide the additional network features you need. This is one of the best small business routers for those which have high network demands. The router features a variety of Wi Fi customisation tools, including excellent security features.
If you need to create your own command level configurations, this is possible with the EdgeRouter. For businesses with very specific Wi Fi requirements, this is a great router, although the knowledge required may not suit every business.
6.NETGEAR Nighthawk X4S
- Fast wifi performance: Get up to 2500 square feet wireless coverage with AC2600 speed (Dual band up to 800 + 1733 Mbps). WiFi Band-Simultaneous Dual Band WiFi - Tx/Rx 4x4 (2.4GHz)+ 4x4 (5GHz)
- Recommended for up to 45 devices: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices.
- Wired Ethernet ports: plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other nearby wired devices with 4 x 1 gigabit Ethernet ports.
- Loaded with advanced technology: Designed with a 1.7GHz dual core processor, 4 amplified antennas, Beamforming, MU-MIMO, Dynamic QoS, Amazon Alexa Voice Controls, and more.
- USB connections: Share a storage drive and printer with any connected device, and create a personal cloud storage to access from anywhere, using the 2 x 3.0 USB and 1 x eSATA ports.
- Smart parental controls: The Nighthawk app lets you manage device internet access and filter websites.
- Safe & secure: Supports WPA2 wireless security protocols. Includes Guest WiFi access, DoS, Firewall, VPN, and more.
For those looking for a more budget friendly router, the Nighthawk X45 could provide an ideal solution. This router offers Wi Fi speeds of 2.53Gbps, multi-user technology and multiple ethernet ports.
If you are a relatively small office which is looking for smoother streaming, faster downloads and improved efficiency, the X45 is an affordable, reliable option.
7.TP-Link SafeStream TL-ER604W
If you are looking for a flexible router, the TP-Link offers four Gigabit LAN ports and a one Gigabit WAN port. Although the router is only a small, lightweight design, it offers high speed connections, DoS defence and dual-VPN protocols.
It is one of the quickest routers to setup and the instructions can be easily understood, which makes this an ideal option for home offices and small scale businesses.
Best Router for Business – If you’re looking for the best small business routers money can buy, then you’ve come to the right place. In this guide we look at the best routers for small and medium-sized businesses. Any of them are also perfect for home offices as well.
When looking for the best small business router for your needs, you don’t have to worry about it being able to handle huge amounts of network traffic, but you’ll still need something that has enough power to handle a number of employees and devices accessing the network 24/7.