Best Router for Charter High Speed Internet – You might be looking for the best Wi-Fi router for Spectrum 100Mbps or 200Mbps Internet Plans. If you recently subscribed to Charter Spectrum Internet Service, then you already know they don’t offer free Wi-Fi on their modems. Instead, they want you to rent and pay extra money on it, which will eventually cost more than the actual price of the device.
Personally, I feel like renting a device from a service provider is a bad investment. It’s better to buy your own wireless router for Spectrum Internet and save your money. However, the problem is not all modems & wireless routers are compatible with Spectrum.
1.ARRIS Surfboard SBG6700AC-RB
- 3 products in 1: Cable Modem, AC1600 Dual band WiFi and 4 Port Gigabit Router
- Requires cable internet service. Compatible with major U.S. Cable Providers like Xfinity, Spectrum, Cox, Suddenlink, Mediacom, etc. Not compatible with ATT, Verizon or CenturyLink.
- 8 DOWNLOAD & 4 UPLOAD channels. Recommended for plans of 150 Mbps and below. Supports both IPv4 and IPv6
- AC1600 2.4/5.0 GHz Dual-band Concurrent Wi-Fi Router with 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports. Wi-Fi beamforming – max coverage and performance
- 90 Day Warranty. ARRIS Certified Refurbished. US Technical support
Although the cheaper SBG6400 is suitable for 100Mbps connection but it comes with older Wireless-N technology. That’s why we recommend Dual-Band Arris SBG6700-AC Wi-Fi combo modem, which offers better and reliable wireless internet speed.
For a decent internet speed and connectivity, the SBG6700-AC comes with an affordable price tag. Moreover, it supports 802.11ac (aka Wi-Fi 5), which is the most common wireless standard for many devices. It also supports the backward compatibility for b/g/n standard as well. With 2.4GHz and 5GHz dual-band connection, it offers a total of 1600Mbps speed on Wi-Fi devices.
- Recommended for up to 25 devices: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices
- Wired Ethernet ports: Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other nearby wired devices with 4 x 1 gigabit Ethernet ports
- Loaded with advanced technology: Designed with a 1GHz dual core processor, 3 amplified antennas, Beamforming plus, Dynamic QoS, Smart Connect, and more
- USB connections: Share a storage drive or printer with any connected device or create a personal cloud storage to access from anywhere, using the 1 x 3.0 USB port
- Safe & secure: Supports WPA2 wireless security protocols. Includes Guest Wi-Fi access, DOS, Firewall, VPN, and more.
- Netgear Armor protects your network and connected devices from Internet threats; Get peace of mind knowing you have the best in class anti virus, anti malware, and data protection for all your smart devices, smartphones, and computers with a 30 day free trial
- Safe & secure: Supports WPA2 wireless security protocols. Includes Guest Wi-Fi access, DOS, Firewall, VPN, and more. System requirements: Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 10, Vista, XP, 2000, Mac OS, UNIX, or Linux. Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.4, or Google Chrome 11.0 browsers or higher
If you have Charter Spectrum modem with Wi-Fi lock on it, then you will need to buy a wireless router. The NetGear R6080 is one of the most affordable Wi-Fi routers for 100Mbps Spectrum internet.
It features the fastest dual-band performance for up to 15 devices with broader coverage of 1000 sq ft. You can enjoy a combined speed of 1000Mbps on 2.4GHz and 5GHz channels.
- JD Power Award ---Highest in customer satisfaction for wireless routers 2017 and 2019
- Router for wireless internet, works with Alexa, compatible with all Wi-Fi devices, 802.11ac and older
- Dual band router upgrades to 1750 Mbps high speed internet(450mbps for 2.4GHz, 1300Mbps for 5GHz), reducing buffering and ideal for 4K streaming
- Gigabit Router with 4 Gigabit LAN ports, fast access to multiple connected wired devices, Ideal as a gaming router
- Integrated USB port acts as a media Server, easily share your USB drive content
- TP-Link tether app easily set up and remotely manage your home network
- Works with all internet service providers, such as AT&T, Verizon, Xfinity, Spectrum, RCN, Cox, CenturyLink, Frontier, etc.( a modem is required for most internet service providers)
Some of you might not feel like you need this router. But for those who are in search of a 4K streaming router for 100Mbps Spectrum internet, the Archer A7 is an ideal option.
It offers 1.75Gbps wireless throughput and stable Wi-Fi connection for more than 50+ devices, with exceptional coverage of 2500 Sq. Ft. area this router is best for a large home and compatible with TP-Link OneMesh devices and Amazon Alexa for Smart Home.
- Provides up to 1000 square feet of Wi-Fi coverage for 10+ wireless devices
- Works with your existing modem, simple setup through the Linksys App
- Enjoy 4K HD streaming, gaming, video calls and more in high quality without buffering
- Dual band Wi-Fi speeds up to 1.2 Gbps (2. 4 GHz / 5 GHz)
- Gigabit Ethernet ports provide wired transfer speeds 10 times faster than fast Ethernet
- Beamforming technology sends a faster, focused signal from. Your router directly to your devices, instead of dispersing it
Here is another cheapest dual-band Wi-Fi router for Charter Spectrum 100Mbps internet plan. It is a decent wireless router for 4K Streaming and Online Gaming with coverage of 1000 square feet area.
The Linksys EA6350 delivers the fastest speed for up to 10 wireless devices and provides 4 Gigabit ports for wired connection.
It also supports Firewall, VPN, Guest access, and Parental Control. The setup is pretty easy, and straight forward, you can use either Linksys mobile App or via web access.
Other advanced features include Media Prioritization, which allows you to control and give network priority for selected devices. There is also a single USB 3.0 port available, which will enable you to connect a flash drive or external SSD for faster media sharing on LAN or Internet.
5.ASUS ROG Rapture
- Tri-band (dual 5 GHz, single 2.4 GHz) AC5300 wireless router with the latest 802.11ac 4x4 MU-MIMO technology for maximum throughput (5334 Mbps) and coverage (up to 5,000 sq. ft.)
- 1.8GHz 64bit Quad-Core processor maximizes data throughput from 8-ports and dual USB 3.0 for optimizing network traffic and connectivity speeds 3. VPN Fusion enables you to run a VPN and ordinary internet connection simultaneously, effectively maximizing your connection speed to gaming servers (available via firmware update)
- VPN Fusion enables you to run a VPN and ordinary internet connection simultaneously, effectively maximizing your connection speed to gaming servers (available via firmware update). WAN Connection Type-Internet connection type- Automatic IP, Static IP, PPPoE(MPPE supported), PPTP, L2TP
- Game IPS Powered by Trend Micro provides multi-stage protection for your gaming network from external attacks and threats, neutralizing them before they reach your network or devices.Power supply:AC Input : 110V~240V(50~60Hz),DC Output : 19 V with max. 3.42 A current
- ROG Game Dashboard gives you access to exclusive features like Game Boost, Game IPS, VPN Fusion, and route-optimized low ping time gaming servers using WTFast Gamers Private Network (GPN) – all to help you optimize your gaming network
- AirMesh Supported - Upgrade your firmware to easily connect to other compatible ASUS routers to create a powerful and flexible whole-home Wi-Fi network; 1024-QAM high data rate, 20/40/80 MHz bandwidth
The ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 router is so chock-full of goodies that reading a description of it is almost like learning a new language. ASUS slings around acronyms and lingo, but the good news is that this router puts its money where its mouth is.
The Game Radar map shows you which game servers offer the lowest ping so your skill shots will land 100% of the time. And the Game Boost technology prioritizes your video game data, so your League of Legends match won’t lag out while your partner streams The Queen’s Gambit in the other room.
And similar to the Archer A20 and NETGEAR Orbi CBR750, the ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 sports tri-band technology. So all your gaming devices can hog one of the 5 GHz bands, while all your other smart devices still get support on the remaining 2.4 and 5 GHz bands.
6.Synology RT2600ac – 4×4
- 1.7GHz Dual-core processor for fast, uncompromising performance. Coverage area - 3,000 square feet
- Powerful 4x4 802.11ac wave 2 radios with MU-MIMO and up to 2.53Gbps breakthrough wireless speeds
- Smart Connect for seamless transition between maximum speed or range
- Hardware accelerated Layer 7 traffic control and monitoring
- Dual WAN capable for load balancing and failover support ; Operating Temperature 5°C to 40°C (40°F to 104°F)
- US version. AC Input Power Voltage 100 V to 240 V AC
- System ram type: ddr3_sdram
Although quite underrated, the Synology RT2600ac is one of Amazon’s bestsellers with over 2000 ratings and reviews. This is an ideal choice for the users who want the best kind of cybersecurity without any complaints.
Aside from the high-security features, the router also provides the best reliable performance that makes it a great choice for users. The horizontal design with the black casing with four different antennas supports the strongest signals.
The router supports the Ethernet and USB 2.0 port connectivity for a seamless user experience like nothing you’d ever expect. The only issue with this product is the fact that it is not user-friendly. As for the performance, the device supports a 1.7GHz dual-core processor that covers up to 3000 sq. ft.
7.Amazon eero mesh WiFi router
- Fast standalone router - The eero mesh WiFi router brings up to 1,500 sq. ft. of fast, reliable WiFi to your home.
- Works with Alexa - With eero and an Alexa device (not included) you can easily manage WiFi access for devices and individuals in the home, taking focus away from screens and back to what’s important.
- Easily expand your system - With cross-compatible hardware, you can add eero products as your needs change.
- Works with your internet service provider - Eero connects to your modem to bring your existing internet connection to every corner of your home.
- Set up in minutes - The eero app walks you through setup in less than 10 minutes and allows you to manage your network from anywhere.
- Don’t let WiFi slow you down - Get the most from your WiFi by streaming, gaming, and working from anywhere in your home.
- Gets better over time - Automatic updates keep your network safe and secure.
- TrueMesh technology - Eero intelligently routes traffic to avoid congestion, buffering, and dropoffs.
Another popular and high-quality router that you can consider investing your money in is the Amazon Eero mesh WiFi router. It is quite an underrated product, not to mention that it is fairly new as well.
This standalone router offers a fast and reliable wifi connection and internet speed to the users and offers coverage up to 1500 sq. ft, which is fairly good for a product of this budget. The cross-compatible hardware in this device is a one-of-a-kind investment that you wouldn’t regret.
Best Router for Charter High Speed Internet – To get full speed, you need the right Wi-Fi router for your internet plan. Here in this article, we will guide you through the best Spectrum Internet compatible wireless routers for your 100Mbps or 200Mbps Internet plan.
If you are looking for 802.11ax routers, we recommend you to read our guide for the best Wi-Fi 6 routers and the best Wi-Fi 7 mesh router systems. For Verizon consumers; check out our Fios compatible router list.